Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,224 members, 7,807,756 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara (11434 Views)

Moses Siloko Siasia Declares Ambition To Run For Governorship In Bayelsa State / APC Taraba Female Governorship Candidate Loses Rerun Election To PDP Candidate / Nubu Ribadu: How Far With The Governorship In Adamawa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by illusion2: 8:19am On Jan 29, 2010
I wonder what olabowale & Jarus have to say to this :

In the case of Kwara:

Would you rather identify with Yoruba as per ethnic identity or

Fulani as per Islamic (RELIGIOUS) identity.

I await your response.

Cheers,
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by slap1(m): 8:39am On Jan 29, 2010
Where is Metal-gong? I'm beginning to understand his hatred of these specie of peepz.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by bkoy: 8:41am On Jan 29, 2010
foolsssssssssss
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by citizenY(m): 8:54am On Jan 29, 2010
If you are not a voter in Kwara state, you should shut up.
If you are looking for more adventure you should do more enterprising
ventures like sponsoring a bill for gay rights to allow gay marriage,
gay priests, and such things. Leave the Kwara folk to handle their
affairs. Or you want to tell me that Kwarans are ''uneducated''?
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by Wrex(m): 9:03am On Jan 29, 2010
To be frank,i don't think females can be governors or presidents in nigeria judging from the way nigeria is,but come to think of it,what has the male leaders done?nothing.I think females should be given a chance.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by argentina: 9:14am On Jan 29, 2010
@ becomrich
i tripp for ur geography lessons o shocked, i never knew the name sokoto is yoruba,sir u must ve a PHD in geography!!!,carry go nothing do u smiley
if i become rich ,sorry president i will make the minister for local urban planning and deplanning
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by Chinda02(f): 9:24am On Jan 29, 2010
I schooled in kwara and i dont think d moslems are religious fanatics as d post paints them. I know they dont give an emir's poo if a woman governs them or not.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by Remii(m): 10:12am On Jan 29, 2010
Women should get appointment by merit and not use other collateral qualifications. Some intelligent women are against even having lower cut off mark for girls in unity schools in those days. There are very intelligent women, when such come out for elective posts, other consideration would become irrelevant.

As far as religion is concerned, all religions tend to discourage women political leadership, Islam, Xtianity and traditional inclusive, this is just to protect family and societal values. So for Muslim cleric to say what they said is not out of place and that is not to be regarded as general populace political views.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 29, 2010
I schooled in ilorin as well for 5yrs.The problem with the emirates and not other kwarans is that they dont know their right so they cant fight for it.It is now that the emirates are just going to school while u have pple from other parts as elites and educated.
Olu saraki is their god in ilorin not in Kwara state but since ilorin is the capital and being ruled by him,it is not easy for him to be silenced.The main problem of kwara state is the pple of ilorin becos of their ignorance and backwardness.
Although emirates are fanatics but they are curbed cos of other pple in the state.If anyone here is fortunate to visit Ilorin one friday that OS is around and see they way esp women rush to his house to eat eba and vegetable and at the end of the day go home with N100,u will curse the govt of that state.These pple trek like 15-30 km from their places to OS's house and the same back at  night.A grandmother killed her grandchild while she was rushing to collect her N100 aftrer eating her eba and vegetable.The funniest part of it that baffles me is that they all wash their hands in one big drum at the back of his house.I  believe that man is using the virtues of these pple.
Is this the way of taking care of pple of ur state or care for their welfare or eradicate poverty?
As a big man,what stops him from building industries, mechanised farm with their landmass in the whole of Nigeria and employ these pple just to eradicate poverty.
The emirates are just seeing the truth now this man has been ruling them for years by imposing his pple to govern them and at the end ,no improvement in their state.They now want to pray that his daughter shld not rule them again after his son.This was what Lawal was trying to stopped b e4 he was killed.
I think it is high time the children of other parts like Offa,Igbomina and the rest stand up for their right here.If not they will continue to suffer in silence till they die.God will not come form heaven to fight for them.They must arise and stop him from imposing his daughter on them again for another 8yrs.
How culd a man be ruling a popu;lated state where we have big shots ,educated and intelligent and his decision is always the final.Are they waiting for him to die be4 they open dir mouths?I am sure OS is renewing his life but he  has forgotten ,that God is on the throne.
I rest my case.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by stone07(m): 11:08am On Jan 29, 2010
I do not know why some people are so ignorant of what is happening in Kwara state especially those living outside kwara state.To say the fact,there is no evenly development in the state.Some people just conclude that Bukola has developed kwara whenever they enter the state capita(Ilorin)is Ilorin the only town in kwara state?There are other towns in kwara that they can not even boast of any development at all.Bukola only centered his development within ilorin and some few places especially kwara north.
Now,the Ilorin Muslims are now praying against female governor in 2011,why this time?Where were they when Gbemisola was contesting for senatorial post?why did'nt they pray against it then?It is not that am surporting or against it, but the way these Ilorin Muslims are using religion and ethnicity to influence politics to hinder development in the state is my main concern.God will call you to come and save us.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by bandely(m): 11:12am On Jan 29, 2010
:O shocked shocked shocked
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 29, 2010
illusion2:

I wonder what olabowale & Jarus have to say to this :

In the case of Kwara:

Would you rather identify with Yoruba as per ethnic identity or

Fulani as per Islamic (RELIGIOUS) identity.

I await your response.

Cheers,

I am a Yoruba, a Muslim and a Kwaran without apology. I don't play identity card. I am proud of my ethnic group as I am of my religion. I have criticized the zealots from my religion, and the tribal chauvinists from my tribe. That is well known.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by DisGuy: 11:59am On Jan 29, 2010
stone07:

I do not know why some people are so ignorant of what is happening in Kwara state especially those living outside kwara state.To say the fact,there is no evenly development in the state.Some people just conclude that Bukola has developed kwara whenever they enter the state capita(Ilorin)is Ilorin the only town in kwara state?There are other towns in kwara that they can not even boast of any development at all.Bukola only centered his development within ilorin and some few places especially kwara north.  Now,the Ilorin Muslims are now praying against female governor in 2011,why this time?Where were they when Gbemisola was contesting for senatorial post?why did'nt they pray against it then?It is not that am surporting or against it, but the way these Ilorin Muslims are using religion and ethnicity to influence politics to hinder development in the state is my main concern.God will call you to come and save us.

SAME COuld be said about many states in nigeria, it's a developmental pattern especially in developing countries, the capital gets developed first then it spreads outwards- look at lagos, abuja PH etc etc
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by bando: 1:10pm On Jan 29, 2010
Here we go again!
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by RichyBlacK(m): 2:14pm On Jan 29, 2010

Edun added that, any attempt by the female politician to rule the state come 2011 would serve as a bad precedent and more importantly would destroy the only legacy and culture of Islam left behind by Alimi dynasty in the state.

He stressed that, allowing a woman to head the state where more than 80 per cent are Muslims would spell a [size=14pt]doom[/size] for the state and they should all work against such move .

This is how these bands of marauding murderers will start looking for Christians to kill and churches to burn.

When will a Muslim cleric come out and openly denounce this stupidity before the mayhem begins?

These fo.ols claim Pakistan is not a Muslim country? Too many ignorant moronic nonentities in Kwara State!
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by Remii(m): 2:51pm On Jan 29, 2010
@RichyBlacK, calling people bad names freely does not potray you too as a better person, so I would advise we be decent and has some restraints. As I have written above, no religion expressly approves women leadership, which may not be case as of today. Even the bible advised women not lead a service where there are men. Religious clerics would most of the time really on what the books say about a situation and that does not mean they represent general view of populace who has other facts to take decisions.

Pakistan is the only country in the world that had been created based on religion. The pulled out of India in 1948 to form and Islamic nation so they are a Muslim country.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by DisGuy: 3:48pm On Jan 29, 2010
0hsisi:

We have tried male leaders and all of them (besides Fashola of lagos and Chime of Enugu) have turned out to be useless yet these boko haramites don't want us to try women

I dont see you rooting for the female candidate in Anambra elections

Is this thread about kwara, muslims, or nigerian politics with regards to women in general?
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by DisGuy: 3:53pm On Jan 29, 2010
RichyBlacK:

This is how these bands of marauding murderers will start looking for Christians to kill and churches to burn.

When will a Muslim cleric come out and openly denounce this stupidity before the mayhem begins?

These fo.ols claim Pakistan is not a Muslim country? Too many ignorant moronic nonentities in Kwara State!

why do i get piffed when people say this, 'come out to denounce this and taht shizzle'
American uk etc etc have been denoucing korean bombs since day one, they still test their bombs
anyway, this

when a muslim cleric comes out to denouce something, someone else will ask for a Spiritual leader to come out
until they run out of people to come out-- Have you asked yourself if this group is not a one night stand i mean they get paid for their one day meeting (probably by bukola himself) and that is it.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by Iyara(m): 4:24pm On Jan 29, 2010
@post
Members of the Kwara State branch of the Supreme Council for Shariah yesterday kicked against the purported move by the highly placed politicians in the state to impose a female as governor of the state come 2011.

I'm less bothered about the gender, religion, ethnicity of the candidate or even what they like for breakfast. What is disturbing is that only a few people foist their candidate on the majority, regardless of the will of the people. Sadly, it doesn't look like stopping anytime soon.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by initiator(m): 4:45pm On Jan 29, 2010
Advocates of such thinking only bring new meaning to the word, RETARDATION.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by becomricch: 5:19pm On Jan 29, 2010
I dont get it, why are you igbo boys so concern about kwara state. Leave Kwara state alone. The people you claim are fulani. Have 99% DNA to be Yoruba. The great great grand child of Alimi was my classmate. The Alimi been talked about in over 500 universities all over the world.

If you doubt me, I can tell him to take a DNA.

The first generation is 100%
Second generation 50%
third generation 25%
fourth generation 12.5 %
fifth generation 6.75%
Sixth generation 3.321
7th generation 1.6 %,

They all have less than 1% fulani blood in them.  And  Alimi was an Islamic teacher. that tell you , most people in ilorin are 100% yorubas. but some have less than 1% fulani blood. Even abroad. they bring Imam to the mosque. The nigeria mosque has a nigeria Imam. they brought from nigeria. I use to know one of the imam here. Alimi was a preacher of islam. And they went from place to place.

Why do you igbo boys love trouble so much. Why not talk about good hing. Is there nothing good about people to you. Now why dont you igbo tell the world about your culture and others, instead of insult other ethnics group.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by keismail: 5:41pm On Jan 29, 2010
i dont know why pple r desperate in jumping into another pple affairs,better allow kwara pple 2 express their opinion,my pple abeg i dey with u ojare.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by hilli666(m): 6:34pm On Jan 29, 2010
Who was Queen Amina? and was she a Muslim? what geographic location did she rule? Would you say she way a good ruler? I'm just curious.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by NIGboi(m): 7:11pm On Jan 29, 2010
if Nigerians keep thinking like this, we won't move forward. these so-called religious leaders are just bent on holding us back. if it will take a woman to turn the tide's of kwara and Nigeria for good, then let her rule.
Nigeria is a secular state so what the heck are these folks talking about?

for the man who talked about a female governor spelling doom for the state, that is very hilarious, the man should go check himself. when they have no useful thing to say the start talking about doom.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by seyibrown(f): 7:47pm On Jan 29, 2010
This is hilarious! I can't resist laughing at those retrogressive minds!
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by Alpha3006: 9:05pm On Jan 29, 2010
Initially i didnt want to comment on this article but eodyad and sjeezy8 forced me to cos the way they were discussing caught my attention at Sjeezy8 unfortunately u are not from Kwara but i can tell u that edoyad was absolutely right in all ramifications of Saraki imposing his daughter on Kwarans again he did it with his son which no one complained and he's here to do that again,i'm telling u he'll do it and nobody to challenge him for that.I can reason along with u about his being neutral of sex into politics but he's not doing it the right way.my quesition to u is that is there no other competent female in Kwara apart from his daughter?after all his son was there for 8 years and as i'm concerned about Kwara which i came from u'll agree with me that he's doing it the wrong way.I'm in no way supporting those going against it i meant the people saying NO to female governorship in Kwara,but they are doing it in a wrong way by using Islam as a yardstick i'm also a muslim from Kwara.There should be a better way to fight against Saraki imposing his daughter.We need to move on to the next level.Kwara state was created since 1967 along with Kaduna,Lagos etc go to these other states and compare to is happening in Kwara we need to freedom not a family to continue choosing for us.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by walst(m): 9:15pm On Jan 29, 2010
I was at a meachanic workshop some years ago in Ilorin,the capital of Kwara state.

I will never forget my conversation with the meachanic.

He said his first prayers in the morning was that never should his wives be successful to the point  that  they wont depend on him.

He literally said that he prays that his wives never get well  and that even when a woman dies before the husband God will arrange a pending heaven for her till her husband dies, thats when God will ask from the Husband which heaven the wife should go.

Which ever place the Husband decides that where the woman will go, AM am not really surprised about this ideology coming  from Afonja!!!!!!!!!
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by Hardtalk: 9:24pm On Jan 29, 2010
@ Habib16,

I want to appeal to you, to please submit your head for formatting, so that Baba GOD can reload it with a secular mentality. The initial softwares, have been corrupted by wrong religious believe. You are one of those causing problem for this nation. How can you call Kwara, a Moslem state? Besides, why can't a woman be governor?.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by Hardtalk: 9:26pm On Jan 29, 2010
,,,,,,,,,wrong religious belief, I mean.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by Habib16(m): 9:43pm On Jan 29, 2010
@hardtalk why da insult? Ok can u tell me that a woman can contest for Governorship in Kano, Kaduna, or Zamfara infact in da Nothern part of da Country tell me can dat happen? Or have u ever imagined a female President in Saudi Arabia,
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by ezeagu(m): 10:16pm On Jan 29, 2010
Okay this is funny. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo / BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants / El Rufai's Accidental Public Servant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.