Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

The Story Of The Leaf That Flips One In The Forest. (Akwukwo Nju In Igbo) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Story Of The Leaf That Flips One In The Forest. (Akwukwo Nju In Igbo) (2810 Views)

Igbo Priest Teaching Americans How To Sing In Igbo Language / The Story About River Owan In Uhonmora, Edo State / Groomsmen In Igbo Traditional Attire Will Make Ladies Drool (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Story Of The Leaf That Flips One In The Forest. (Akwukwo Nju In Igbo) by mightyokwy(m): 4:48am On Jun 30, 2017
As a child i heard a lot of some scary stories about a particular mysterious leaf in the bush called Akwukwo Nju in Igbo language. Some people call it Akwukwo Nju-offia, which literally means the Leaf that flips one in the forest. Those days people believed that the leaf have the power to cast a spell on a person, and can carry away the person's mind and consciousness, as in dementia. No one could point at or identify the leaf. It was said that when it cast the spell over the person, the person would lost his/her mind to the extent that he/she would be wandering about aimlessly in the forest or bush for hours or days, until somebody finds the victim, touches him/her and asks the person what he/she is doing wandering about in the forest or bush. It is only by such an encounter that the spell would be broken. From my childhood till date, i'm yet to see or meet a victim of this mystreous leaf in the forest. So my question is, does this leaf actually exist in real life.
Re: The Story Of The Leaf That Flips One In The Forest. (Akwukwo Nju In Igbo) by Kondomatic(m): 5:00am On Jun 30, 2017
I can relate to this story because I have met a victim of this mysterious leaf(assuming its truly a leaf). The man entered bush to cut grass for his goats and that was all. He was seen the next day heading to Kogi State with a bunch of grass on his head, and yes he had no idea of how he got there or where he was heading to.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of The Leaf That Flips One In The Forest. (Akwukwo Nju In Igbo) by Nutase: 5:18am On Jun 30, 2017
Story land, story land, bring your friends along with you 2x grin
Re: The Story Of The Leaf That Flips One In The Forest. (Akwukwo Nju In Igbo) by mightyokwy(m): 6:17am On Jun 30, 2017
Kondomatic:
I can relate to this story because I have met a victim of this mysterious leaf(assuming its truly a leaf). The man entered bush to cut grass for his goats and that was all. He was seen the next day heading to Kogi State with a bunch of grass on his head, and yes he had no idea of how he got there or where he was heading to.
So the leaf is actually in existence. shocked shocked. Those days in the village my grandmother will always warn us against going far into the thick bush grin cheesy. Though I don't believe the story
Re: The Story Of The Leaf That Flips One In The Forest. (Akwukwo Nju In Igbo) by ebukahandsome(m): 6:18am On Jun 30, 2017
Akwukwo nju symbolises bad omen
Aru!!! !
Re: The Story Of The Leaf That Flips One In The Forest. (Akwukwo Nju In Igbo) by mightyokwy(m): 6:20am On Jun 30, 2017
Nutase:
Story land, story land, bring your friends along with you 2x grin
You have not heard about the story. I guess you are one of the Indomie generation. Lolz grin
Re: The Story Of The Leaf That Flips One In The Forest. (Akwukwo Nju In Igbo) by mightyokwy(m): 6:22am On Jun 30, 2017
ebukahandsome:
Aru!!! !
Bro please can you explain further. Does it mean that it's victims are mainly bad people
Re: The Story Of The Leaf That Flips One In The Forest. (Akwukwo Nju In Igbo) by highque: 1:43pm On Jul 21, 2017
mightyokwy:

You have not heard about the story. I guess you are one of the Indomie generation. Lolz grin

Truly, anyone that does not heards of this leave must have been a member of Spaghetti clan. wink grin

The leave is otherwise known in Southwest as DAIKO LEAVE. It forms part of Ingredients use to ward off a thief/burglar or armed robbers from one's vicinity or home.

When someone mistakenly contacted it such an experience observed by the person. A potent charm made out of it as a security, will not allow men of the underworld to sight your abode if they intended to rob it. And if they are also a charmed fellows, they might gained entry but might be unable to leave the scene after the show. In essence, the leave exists really.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of The Leaf That Flips One In The Forest. (Akwukwo Nju In Igbo) by highque: 2:35pm On Jul 21, 2017
mightyokwy:

Bro please can you explain further. Does it mean that it's victims are mainly bad people

No, it doesn't means as such. Even, most people I knew that have the experienced are very good people, anyway, as I knew them. This is just a proved that there are much more things in the universe that human faculty cannot just comprehended, even, if they try to. While some slowpoke self acclaimed civilised ones will total deny of its existence or its similar.
Re: The Story Of The Leaf That Flips One In The Forest. (Akwukwo Nju In Igbo) by mightyokwy(m): 5:54pm On Jul 21, 2017
highque:

No, it doesn't means as such. Even, most people I knew that have the experienced are very good people, anyway, as I knew them. This is just a proved that there are much more things in the universe that human faculty cannot just comprehended, even, if they try to. While some slowpoke self acclaimed civilised ones will total deny of its existence or its similar.
Ok
Re: The Story Of The Leaf That Flips One In The Forest. (Akwukwo Nju In Igbo) by AuroraB(f): 8:42pm On Aug 04, 2017
ebukahandsome:
Aru!!! !
How, exactly undecided
Explain how it's a bad omen shocked
Re: The Story Of The Leaf That Flips One In The Forest. (Akwukwo Nju In Igbo) by ebukahandsome(m): 9:59pm On Aug 04, 2017
AuroraB:
How, exactly undecided
Explain how it's a bad omen shocked

Well, I dont really know specificaly. But that z what granny told me
Re: The Story Of The Leaf That Flips One In The Forest. (Akwukwo Nju In Igbo) by Somemma13: 8:41pm On Jan 02, 2023
I have heard a lot about this including the stories my mum told me about her experience with akwukwo nju but I'm still really confused whether or not this is in any way related to demonic possession or spell or related to any neurological deficit associated with amnesia and confusion.
I'm yet to create a definitive landing about this and I would like to resurrect this topic after 6 years since it was posted on this forum.
Please who knows much about akwukwo nju or diako leaf?
Re: The Story Of The Leaf That Flips One In The Forest. (Akwukwo Nju In Igbo) by Tenshades(m): 1:23pm On Jan 08, 2023
highque:

Truly, anyone that does not heards of this leave must have been a member of Spaghetti clan. wink grin

The leave is otherwise known in Southwest as DAIKO LEAVE. It forms part of Ingredients use to ward off a thief/burglar or armed robbers from one's vicinity or home.

When someone mistakenly contacted it such an experience observed by the person. A potent charm made out of it as a security, will not allow men of the underworld to sight your abode if they intended to rob it. And if they are also a charmed fellows, they might gained entry but might be unable to leave the scene after the show. In essence, the leave exists really.

EWÉ DÀÌKO.

Mysterious leaf that throws victim off radar. grin

(1) (Reply)

Why Are The Igbo People Always Very Cunning? / Ultimate Contest On Beauty / Olodumare Revisited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.