Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,361 members, 7,800,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

List Of 10 Biggest Mosques In The World Currently - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / List Of 10 Biggest Mosques In The World Currently (45307 Views)

Sultan Declares Friday Sallah Day, Urges Muslims To Pray In Mosques / Friday Prayers Hold In Bauchi Mosques Despite COVID-19 Spread / One Of World’s Oldest Mosques Found In Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of 10 Biggest Mosques In The World Currently by Bimpe29: 5:13pm On Jun 30, 2017
Alhamdulillahi for been a Muslim.
May Allàh grant us opportunity to visit His mosque in Mecca Amen

3 Likes

Re: List Of 10 Biggest Mosques In The World Currently by idrisiyah90(m): 5:17pm On Jun 30, 2017
Masha Allah Alhamdulilahi Nice one OP
Re: List Of 10 Biggest Mosques In The World Currently by thonyokun(m): 5:17pm On Jun 30, 2017
ThisTrend:

The total mosques in the world numbers approximately 1 million. This is because Islam as a religion has spread to many parts of the world. If you calculate the total number of mosques by country, you will see that almost every country in the world has hundreds of beautiful mosques built with exquisite arts and are large in height and space which of course just like the Christians too, have a significant number of beautiful churches in the world also.

This article seeks to outline the top 10 biggest mosques around the world for worship. A mosque is considered a holy religious place by the Muslims where they say prayers to Allah. They also believe in Muhammed, who according to them is thelast prophet. Countries like India, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Turkey, Iran are just a few places where you can find most of the historical largest mosques in the world.

Below is a List of 10 Biggest Mosques in the World Currently With Pictures

1. Taj-ul-Masajid

Taj-ul-Masajid is located in Bhopal, India and is one of the largest mosque in India and in the world. It was built in 1901. This beautiful mosque in India is seen as the centre of Islamic Studies and is very spacious for up to 300,000 preachers.

2. Masjid al-Haram

This mosque is located in Mecca, Saudi Arabia. This mosque is seen as sacred to the Muslims as it is said to be the holiest and most revered ancient site of Muslim history. Constructed in 638, its building was built with a space for 820,000 worshipers in an expanded area of 356,800 square meters width which makes it one of the biggest mosques in the world currently.

3. Hassan II Mosque

Constructed in 1993, Hassan II Mosque is located in Morocco and is one of the most attractive and biggest mosques in the world. With a space for 105,000 worshipers, this mosque surely lives up to its expectation as one of the world’s largest mosque.

4. Badshahi Mosque

Constructed around the 16th century, historical facts suggest that Badshahi Mosque is one of the oldest mosques in the world located in Lahore, Pakistan. It was even said that it took the engineers then about 15 years to finish the building. It was finally completed in the year 1671 during the reign of the 6th Mughal Emperor, Aurangzeb.

5. Jama Masjid

Just like the Taj-ul-masajid, the Jama Mosque is also located in New Delhi, the capital of India. You might be wondering whether India is a Muslim country. The answer is no, as they are a multi-religious country. Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, Christianity are the major religions found in India. The Jama Masjid is mostly visited by tourist and muslims as a religious place to perform their holy duties. It was originally constructed in 1656 and can carry about 18 million believers of Islam which makes it one of the biggest mosques in the world today.

6. Faisal Mosque

Faisal Mosque is one of the most beautifulmosque in the world situated at Islamabad in Pakistan and is not just a religious site but a tourist center where thousands of tourists come to view the beauty of this large mosque that has a capacity to contain 17 million worshipers of Islam.

7. Sheikh Zayed Mosque

Another biggest mosque in the world today is Sheikh Zayed Mosque which is located in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirate (UAE). This religious centre is very beautiful and attractive with an area of up to 22000 square meters. Within the spacious premises of this mosque contains a university, religious school and other buildings. It can contain a capacity of about 14 million Muslims.

8. Istiqlal Mosque

This particular mosque is also known as Masjid Istiqlal and it is located in Jakarta, Philippines. It is also among the largest mosques in the world located southeast ofJapan in an area of 95,000 meter square that can contain 9 million preacher.

9. Imam Reza Shrine

This mosque has seven courtyards that can contain twelve million religious persons who come to pray five times every day. It is also one of the biggest mosques around the world with area expanded up to 267,079m2.

10. Al-Masjid al-Nabawi

This is the Mosque of Prophet Mohammed built when he moved to Medina. It has one of the biggest dome in the world with many rooms within its premises. This large mosque can contain 10 million individuals inside it. These are the current biggest mosques we have in the world today and their measurements.

Source: http://www.thistrend.com.ng/2017/06/list-of-10-biggest-mosques-in-world.html?m=1
Trash, who Islam epp? You better give your lives to christ before its too late. Jesus is d way the truth and the life no one can see God except through Jesus.

Re: List Of 10 Biggest Mosques In The World Currently by whyx06(m): 5:38pm On Jun 30, 2017
IshaqAyinde:
Allahu Akbar!!!!!!! Allahu Akbar kabira

I wish to pray in Masjid Haram and Mashid l Nabi Madina.

Allah I'm using this opportunity to plead to you, please make it a reality for me and my mom.

Ameen... May Allah count us among those that we visit the mosques
Re: List Of 10 Biggest Mosques In The World Currently by jy2kbeyond(m): 5:50pm On Jun 30, 2017
These structures take lots of dedication and resources to complete. May Allah continue to shower the initiators of these masterpieces with his mercies.

1 Like

Re: List Of 10 Biggest Mosques In The World Currently by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 30, 2017
IshaqAyinde:

Allah I'm using this opportunity to plead to you, please make it a reality for me and my mom.

Ameen
Re: List Of 10 Biggest Mosques In The World Currently by toltee4real: 6:43pm On Jun 30, 2017
IshaqAyinde:

Aameen plus me and my family.
Re: List Of 10 Biggest Mosques In The World Currently by AlBaqir(m): 6:46pm On Jun 30, 2017
There is a mistake in No.8: Istiqlal Mosque, Jakarta. Jakarta is in Indonesia, not Philippines.

# Then, I think Masjid al-Haram can accommodate more than the 820,000 worshippers allocated to it. It is being expanded yearly.

# I've been to Imam Reza mosques in Mashhad, Iran. Its truly a magnificent place.

2 Likes

Re: List Of 10 Biggest Mosques In The World Currently by gloryman91: 8:03pm On Jun 30, 2017
Allahu Akbar, so masjid Aqsoh not among?
Re: List Of 10 Biggest Mosques In The World Currently by Walexz02(m): 8:09pm On Jun 30, 2017
Allah is great... As big as this mosques are they are not owned by one Imam or one man of God

2 Likes

Re: List Of 10 Biggest Mosques In The World Currently by malware: 10:04pm On Jun 30, 2017
Adetutu300:
Masha Allah, so beautiful.

Pumi omi tutu
Re: List Of 10 Biggest Mosques In The World Currently by Coolgent(m): 11:14pm On Jun 30, 2017
Oh Allah grant me halal wealth to build biggest Mosque even in my home town! Ant to cater for as many orphans as possible.
Re: List Of 10 Biggest Mosques In The World Currently by Coolgent(m): 11:17pm On Jun 30, 2017
One important thing to note is none among the aforementioned Mosques is belong to anybody but the entire Muslims regardless of Colour.
Thats beauty of Islam, Allahu akbar!
Re: List Of 10 Biggest Mosques In The World Currently by joy2000: 12:25am On Jul 01, 2017
Thanks so much for the information. more power to your elbow

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muslims Hold Jumaat Prayers In Makurdi In Defiance Of Ban / The Largest Islamic School In Afikpo, Ebonyi State (Photos) / Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.