Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,778 members, 7,802,388 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

How Animals Are Killed And Processed In A Slaughter House In Edo. Photos - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Animals Are Killed And Processed In A Slaughter House In Edo. Photos (50504 Views)

Snake Killed And Cooked At Corpers' Lodge In Cross River State (Photos) / Wild Chimpanzee Killed And Roasted In Delta State (Photos) / Dogs Transported For Slaughter In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Animals Are Killed And Processed In A Slaughter House In Edo. Photos by soulhacker: 7:17pm On Jun 30, 2017
the first pic tho.....Edo is in safe hands
Re: How Animals Are Killed And Processed In A Slaughter House In Edo. Photos by darichlife: 7:36pm On Jun 30, 2017
The whiteman did nothing to us, we just never evolve from our mental foolishness to enlightenment, typical black man dont care to put
his dick in anything he see, goat, fowl, ram sheep. I just dont know why we keep remaining backward like this cry cry cry cry cry
Re: How Animals Are Killed And Processed In A Slaughter House In Edo. Photos by supereagle(m): 7:54pm On Jun 30, 2017
I don't eat red meat again. I have stopped it for good.
Re: How Animals Are Killed And Processed In A Slaughter House In Edo. Photos by lamalang(m): 7:55pm On Jun 30, 2017
Abeg see how dirty Nigerians are
Re: How Animals Are Killed And Processed In A Slaughter House In Edo. Photos by ChimaobiFN(m): 8:27pm On Jun 30, 2017
That is Nigeria, hope the govt will do something about it.
Re: How Animals Are Killed And Processed In A Slaughter House In Edo. Photos by ChimaobiFN(m): 8:29pm On Jun 30, 2017
That is Nigeria, hope the govt will do something about it.
Re: How Animals Are Killed And Processed In A Slaughter House In Edo. Photos by kenoz(m): 8:29pm On Jun 30, 2017
This is disgusting
Re: How Animals Are Killed And Processed In A Slaughter House In Edo. Photos by ChimaobiFN(m): 8:29pm On Jun 30, 2017
Edo is in safe hands
Re: How Animals Are Killed And Processed In A Slaughter House In Edo. Photos by gemale(m): 8:31pm On Jun 30, 2017
Jaytecq:
oh... you expect the environment to be like white House? sad
No, but it should at least be clean. This is what people eat for decency's sake. It's only God that has been merciful to us or else the kind of epidemic that should have wiped us away ehn. Please google images of where meat is processed in other countries or go to shoprite & look at where they process their meat. Kindly compare & contrast. The fact that semi-insanity is the order of the day in Nigeria doesn't mean it is the ideal situation.
Re: How Animals Are Killed And Processed In A Slaughter House In Edo. Photos by iukpe: 8:40pm On Jun 30, 2017
kunlesufyan:
I thought there was supposed to be a regulatory body that inspects the Daily activities in an abattoir, what do I know. Nothing really works in Nigeria.

This is the style in almost all slaughter markets in Nigeria. Someone should prove me wrong with a picture of any one up to minimum standard. Yet ministry of health & ministry of environment will run around offices, hotels and businesses demanding levies some quaterly.
Premises fitness, water wholesomeness, ........like they choose where diseases should come from or they know diseases don't exist.
Re: How Animals Are Killed And Processed In A Slaughter House In Edo. Photos by LivingBetter: 8:44pm On Jun 30, 2017
Indeed EDO STATE IS IN SAFE HANDS. no be me talk am o! Na the guy wey wear campaign shirt. smiley cheesy grin

Re: How Animals Are Killed And Processed In A Slaughter House In Edo. Photos by grandstar(m): 8:50pm On Jun 30, 2017
What saves our butt here is that we like our meat well cooked.

If we favoured "rare" like the Oyinbos do, we would be in serious soup.

By the way, people should be cautious with Suya meat. At times, it is not well done. Ensure its well done, even burnt. I like it went burnt like jerk chicken
Re: How Animals Are Killed And Processed In A Slaughter House In Edo. Photos by gemale(m): 9:21pm On Jun 30, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
undecided see them shouting holy poo as if dey'll not chop am when they go party..Come again, these people dey travel go abroad ooo and thry see their abattoirs there.Why not do build the same here?
Punch newspaper carried a story about the unsanitary practices in oko oba abattoir in Lagos sometime ago. They said that a modern meat processing unit was built but the butchers stubbornly refused to use it opting instead for slab in spite of the warnings that it was unhealthy. They revealed that even sick animals were being slaughtered & sold due to intimidation of the appropriate authorities by the cattle sellers & butchers. Try and see if you can google the story. We are our own enemies in this country.
Re: How Animals Are Killed And Processed In A Slaughter House In Edo. Photos by ipobarecriminals: 9:28pm On Jun 30, 2017
sad shocked lipsrsealed sad
gemale:

Punch newspaper carried a story about the unsanitary practices in oko oba abattoir in Lagos sometime ago. They said that a modern meat processing unit was built but the butchers stubbornly refused to use it opting instead for slab in spite of the warnings that it was unhealthy. They revealed that even sick animals were being slaughtered & sold due to intimidation of the appropriate authorities by the cattle sellers & butchers. Try and see if you can google the story. We are our own enemies in this country.
embarassed
gemale:

U are right "we are our own enemies in this country " Imagine people sell meat/food beside waste bin,some hungry man still Sidon buy food chop still asking for round/flat ponmo. Wonder why Naira look so dirty and usd, euro look neat.i give up
Re: How Animals Are Killed And Processed In A Slaughter House In Edo. Photos by limamintruth: 9:55pm On Jun 30, 2017
Henrypraise:
our Nigerian hospitals are worse dan dis abattoir...

Wow, kinda funny but true. That is why our Presido prefers British healthcare to Nigeria's healthcare. cry
Re: How Animals Are Killed And Processed In A Slaughter House In Edo. Photos by Yewandequeen(f): 9:56pm On Jun 30, 2017
SeniorZato:
So disgusting. Am not going to eat anything meat for the next two weeks
What happens after 2weeks
Re: How Animals Are Killed And Processed In A Slaughter House In Edo. Photos by Tecno66: 9:57pm On Jun 30, 2017
Daniyemi:
WTF!! Why always Edo? #spits.
Because they are observant and want things done the right way. Go and check how they process the one in your state before condemning.
Re: How Animals Are Killed And Processed In A Slaughter House In Edo. Photos by Opeakins(m): 10:07pm On Jun 30, 2017
End time
Re: How Animals Are Killed And Processed In A Slaughter House In Edo. Photos by rattlesnake(m): 11:04pm On Jun 30, 2017
Some nigerians are just useless
Re: How Animals Are Killed And Processed In A Slaughter House In Edo. Photos by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jun 30, 2017
I no go near meat anytime iam around Benin
Re: How Animals Are Killed And Processed In A Slaughter House In Edo. Photos by Exciton(m): 3:10am On Jul 01, 2017
Crauxx:
Once the meat is cooked, the boiling water should destroy all organisms in the meat.
No cause for alarm

And what about possible toxic chemical contamination from the dirty floor or that fvcking horrible black water?

Microbes aren't the only deadly thing that could be there.

I don't understand why we can't make the simple decision to live with dignity in this part of the world. Everything just has to look ugly and dirty! angry angry

2 Likes

Re: How Animals Are Killed And Processed In A Slaughter House In Edo. Photos by alklas(m): 6:37am On Jul 01, 2017
Bad belle pple!
Re: How Animals Are Killed And Processed In A Slaughter House In Edo. Photos by AideeSheks(m): 8:13am On Jul 01, 2017
Shocking! cry
Re: How Animals Are Killed And Processed In A Slaughter House In Edo. Photos by Chapecoense(m): 7:52am On Jul 10, 2017
erico2k2:
una don see
pls reply to ur pm.
Re: How Animals Are Killed And Processed In A Slaughter House In Edo. Photos by erico2k2(m): 7:59am On Jul 10, 2017
Chapecoense:

pls reply to ur pm.
Done
Re: How Animals Are Killed And Processed In A Slaughter House In Edo. Photos by erico2k2(m): 8:00am On Jul 10, 2017
Exciton:

And what about possible toxic chemical contamination from the dirty floor or that fvcking horrible black water?

Microbes aren't the only deadly thing that could be there.

I don't understand why we can't make the simple decision to live with dignity in this part of the world. Everything just has to look ugly and dirty! angry angry
Do you eat meat from local market in Nigeria ?
Re: How Animals Are Killed And Processed In A Slaughter House In Edo. Photos by banmee(m): 9:54am On Jul 10, 2017
Crauxx:
Once the meat is cooked, the boiling water should destroy all organisms in the meat.
No cause for alarm

Really? What about before it gets into your pot? Una de go school for Nigeria at all?

Jaqenhghar/cococandy come see oooooo.
Re: How Animals Are Killed And Processed In A Slaughter House In Edo. Photos by banmee(m): 9:57am On Jul 10, 2017
Jaytecq:
oh... you expect the environment to be like white House? sad

When will you people decide to have an education? Not the rubbish in Nigeria but the real one.
Re: How Animals Are Killed And Processed In A Slaughter House In Edo. Photos by Jaqenhghar: 10:13am On Jul 10, 2017
banmee:

Really? What about before it gets into your pot? Una de go school for Nigeria at all?

Jaqe nhghar/coco candy come see oooooo.
They are waiting for their leaders to tell them how they should make their food safe for consumption
SMH

2 Likes

Re: How Animals Are Killed And Processed In A Slaughter House In Edo. Photos by cococandy(f): 2:53pm On Jul 10, 2017
banmee:

I saw that post earlier

Smh

2 Likes

Re: How Animals Are Killed And Processed In A Slaughter House In Edo. Photos by Crauxx(m): 7:54pm On Jul 10, 2017
banmee:

I dont understand you, do you eat it before it goes into the port or after, explain yourself biko.
Re: How Animals Are Killed And Processed In A Slaughter House In Edo. Photos by banmee(m): 8:11pm On Jul 10, 2017
Crauxx:

I dont understand you, do you eat it before it goes into the port or after, explain yourself biko.

Una de go school for Nigeria at all? Why spend so much on an education and not learn anything. I don't have the time to educate you. Google how viruses and bacterial infections spread. Just by your comment I can already tell you are an unbelievably dirty person.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cook-a-thon: Benue Chef Naira Victor Gets Support From Gov Alia, Four Virgins / Naija Man Makes The Best Stew In Latin America! (pix) / Chef Dammy Surpasses Hilda Baci’s 100-Hour Cook-a-Thon Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.