Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,213 members, 7,807,731 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

Is Kissing In The African Culture? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Kissing In The African Culture? (5692 Views)

Sex before marriage Is A Sin, Fyn. Is Kissing before marriage A Sin? / Is Kissing And Romancing Before Marriage 'Fornication' ? / Photo Of Secondary School Children Kissing In The Classroom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Kissing In The African Culture? by Zuha(f): 12:28am On Jan 29, 2010
Sometimes, I really wonder if kissing is what we have to do. I really feel that it is because we watch people kiss in films that we think we should do it. How many of us who grew up in 9ja have seen their dad kiss their mum in their prescence?

So I ask the question again, is kissing in our culture?
tongue
Re: Is Kissing In The African Culture? by denzel2009: 12:30am On Jan 29, 2010
I have seen it before when they shared meat. grin
Re: Is Kissing In The African Culture? by Zuha(f): 12:35am On Jan 29, 2010
Thats really sweet. I haven't seen my own folks. But in the traditional context, were our fore-fathers using kissing as a way of expressing love?
Re: Is Kissing In The African Culture? by Mannylex(m): 12:37am On Jan 29, 2010
questions, huh. On the wedding day, wat does the priest/pastor say; "u may kiss ur bride". That shld answer ur question.
Re: Is Kissing In The African Culture? by OgidiBoy(m): 12:38am On Jan 29, 2010
Even monkeys kiss, do you think it's because they saw it in movies?

1 Like

Re: Is Kissing In The African Culture? by Pweety4me(f): 12:39am On Jan 29, 2010
Mannylex:

questions, huh. On the wedding day, wat does the priest/pastor say; "u may kiss your bride". That shld answer your question.
Muah! kiss

1 Like

Re: Is Kissing In The African Culture? by Freiburger(m): 12:40am On Jan 29, 2010
Zuha:

Sometimes, I really wonder if kissing is what we have to do. I really feel that it is because we watch people kiss in films that we think we should do it. How many of us who grew up in 9ja have seen their dad kiss their mum in their prescence?

So I ask the question again, is kissing in our culture?
tongue

So u mean every thing that desen't gives pleasure is an African culture. while these that gives pleasure belongs to the west.
Re: Is Kissing In The African Culture? by mamagee3(f): 12:44am On Jan 29, 2010
What kind of culture is everybody talking about all over nairaland? angry angry
Re: Is Kissing In The African Culture? by chidipupay(m): 12:47am On Jan 29, 2010
African culture
Re: Is Kissing In The African Culture? by unitee(f): 12:50am On Jan 29, 2010
OgidiBoy:

with thee I surrender all
Re: Is Kissing In The African Culture? by Zuha(f): 12:52am On Jan 29, 2010
After traditional wedding, have you ever heard the elders say you may now kiss the bride?

1 Like

Re: Is Kissing In The African Culture? by firedancer(f): 1:08am On Jan 29, 2010
OgidiBoy:

[size=14pt]rotflmbfao grin [/size]
Re: Is Kissing In The African Culture? by OgidiBoy(m): 1:15am On Jan 29, 2010
firedancer:

[size=14pt]rotflmbfao grin [/size]

Hey that's a cute dog you have, is she/he yours ?
Re: Is Kissing In The African Culture? by chidipupay(m): 1:22am On Jan 29, 2010
haba grin
Re: Is Kissing In The African Culture? by goodhunte(m): 1:37am On Jan 29, 2010
So only f@@k is our culture?
Re: Is Kissing In The African Culture? by vivaladiva(f): 1:54am On Jan 29, 2010
y r pips esp nigerians so obssessed wiv culture, i dont give two fcks who invented kissing or fcking, all i can say is that its abso fabulous, is using the internet in the african culture or perharps driving a car?
Re: Is Kissing In The African Culture? by Zuha(f): 8:16am On Jan 29, 2010
na wa o
Re: Is Kissing In The African Culture? by nich(m): 9:18am On Jan 29, 2010
Re: Is Kissing In The African Culture? by chidipupay(m): 9:31am On Jan 29, 2010
vivaladiva:

y r pips esp nigerians so obssessed wiv culture, i dont give two fcks who invented kissing or fcking, all i can say is that its abso fabulous, is using the internet in the african culture or perharps driving a car?

what is culture? cos i believe every society exist with a culture.
Re: Is Kissing In The African Culture? by vivaladiva(f): 10:23am On Jan 29, 2010
yes every society has a culture, but societies r made up of people, people die and people r born, meaning every society is in a constant state of regeneration, maybe 1000 years ago kissing wasnt in the african culture, bt today 2010, kissing is part of the african culture at least amongst the youth, in a nut shell culture is subject to change and is constantly evolving, its a bit like asking if wearing clothes is part of the african culture, knowing fully well that at some point africans used to go around naked at least b4 they evolved into homo sapiens, of cos if u dont bliv in the theory of evolution then maybe the last part of this statment might not make a lot of sense to ya
Re: Is Kissing In The African Culture? by H2O2: 10:24am On Jan 29, 2010
Oh my gosh. No, it's not in the African culture. Our own form of kissing is bootyscratching.

wtfkqit
Re: Is Kissing In The African Culture? by lekside44(m): 10:27am On Jan 29, 2010
what is culture? you are not born then so you can tell. but now, you may kiss your bride
Re: Is Kissing In The African Culture? by Krissykriss(m): 11:09am On Jan 29, 2010
@topic, kissin which part of d body? There are lots of kissable parts.
Re: Is Kissing In The African Culture? by milkan05(m): 12:10pm On Jan 29, 2010
vivaladiva:

yes every society has a culture, but societies r made up of people, people die and people r born, meaning every society is in a constant state of regeneration, maybe 1000 years ago kissing wasnt in the african culture, bt today 2010, kissing is part of the african culture at least amongst the youth, in a nut shell culture is subject to change and is constantly evolving, its a bit like asking if wearing clothes is part of the african culture, knowing fully well that at some point africans used to go around unclothed at least b4 they evolved into homo sapiens, of cos if u dont bliv in the theory of evolution then maybe the last part of this statment might not make a lot of sense to ya

correct
Re: Is Kissing In The African Culture? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 29, 2010
well the world is changing everyday, so we are adding and subtracting from our culture everyday
Re: Is Kissing In The African Culture? by sweetpie23: 7:02pm On Jan 29, 2010
thanks to the media cool cool cool
Re: Is Kissing In The African Culture? by kidonig: 7:10pm On Jan 29, 2010
Kissing is not originally a part of the culture but it does feel good. It looks weird atimes especially if it is of people of same sex.

Have you seen two men kissing mouth to mouth? cool grin
Re: Is Kissing In The African Culture? by denzel2009: 7:33pm On Jan 29, 2010
kidonig:

Kissing is not originally a part of the culture but it does feel good. It looks weird atimes especially if it is of people of same intimacy.

Yuck!
Re: Is Kissing In The African Culture? by sweetpie23: 8:11pm On Jan 29, 2010
kidonig:

Kissing is not originally a part of the culture but it does feel good. It looks weird atimes especially if it is of people of same intimacy.

are you gay or want to be one?
Re: Is Kissing In The African Culture? by chidipupay(m): 8:28pm On Jan 29, 2010
shocked
Re: Is Kissing In The African Culture? by vislabraye(m): 10:10pm On Jan 29, 2010
What is African culture sef ? Is S E X European or African culture, which was the 1st culture to practise it? Do you teach yourself or learn from a movie how to get an erec-tion? I tire for una O
Re: Is Kissing In The African Culture? by sexyLeamon(f): 7:24am On Jan 30, 2010
vislabraye:

What is African culture sef ? Is S E X European or African culture, which was the 1st culture to practise it? Do you teach yourself or learn from a movie how to get an erec-tion? I tire for una O

tell them bro tell them I don tire too

(1) (2) (Reply)

Honest Question's The Person You Marry Should Be Able To Answer!!! / Why Is She Good To Be Your Babymama Alone And Not Your Wife? / Heavenly hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.