Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,955 members, 7,803,152 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

How Do I Align My Satellite Dish? - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / How Do I Align My Satellite Dish? (2316 Views)

Satellite Dish Installation Made Easy / Setting Up A Satellite Dish With Compass / The Right Process Of Satellite Dish Installation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Align My Satellite Dish? by trewbless(m): 9:47pm On Jun 30, 2017
When aligning a dish, you need to know the look angles such as the azimuth, elevation and LNB skew. These are all specific to your location and the chosen satellite. The azimuth tells you the direction in which to point the antenna. The elevation is the vertical lift, and the LNB skew is the polarization of the signal, or in other words by how much you have to rotate the LNB. If you have a multi-lnb dish, you tilt the whole dish rather than tilting the LNB. Once you’ve obtained all these values from this site, preset the elevation and dish skew and point the dish at a landmark indicated by the alignment line on the map. You’ll already be over half the way there. On the receiver, check the satellite signal strength and the network ID of the transponder; it should match the satellite you intend to receive. Move the dish slightly to the left/right and up/down in very small steps and very slowly and watch the signal strength bar on the receiver to do the fine-tuning. Finally, tweak the LNB skew for maximum signal quality.

For a multi-lnb setup, the procedure is the same as the standard installation only you need to tilt the dish and connect the LNBFs with a multi-switch. You should also do the LOS for each satellite you want to receive bearing in mind that the signal comes from a different direction than the one where the dish points to.

(1) (Reply)

Dstv Is A Cheat Exploiting Nigerians... Subscribers Lament On Unbearable Tariff / Astra-2f & Astra-2g Footprints / Setting Up A Satellite Dish With Compass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.