Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

Facebook Now Helps You Finds Free Wi-fi Network Nearby - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Facebook Now Helps You Finds Free Wi-fi Network Nearby (14704 Views)

Dangers Of Connecting To Free Wi-fi Networks / Google Rolls Out Free Wi-fi In Nigeria's City Of Onitsha & Others / 10m Nigerians To Get Free Wi-fi Facilities As Google Station Opens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook Now Helps You Finds Free Wi-fi Network Nearby by nuelnik(m): 1:28am On Jul 01, 2017
A year ago Facebook began testing another innovative function in its mobile applications that helps you detect where a free open Wi-Fi nearby is. cool innovation right? Today this has been developed and mature enough to roll out to all Facebook users on its Android and iOS applications.

Once you get the new functionality baked into your app, you can go to the More tab and then select Find Wi-Fi. After this point you may need to turn it on (only the first time you use it). Once you've done that, you'll see a list or map view of the closest public Wi-Fi hotspots to your location. You can easily switch between the map and list view, by the way.

The list of places is populated with the names and details of the businesses that operate those Wi-Fi networks, and you can quickly get directions to any of them. There is just one catch here: to show up in the Find Wi-Fi section of Facebook, every business that has a public Wi-Fi network must first claim it by editing its Facebook Page information. So, since this is purely opt-in for businesses, it might take a while for Facebook's Find Wi-Fi to actually have all of the networks that are out there.

http://www.nueltech.com/2017/06/facebook-now-finds-free-wi-fi-network.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Facebook Now Helps You Finds Free Wi-fi Network Nearby by nuelnik(m): 1:30am On Jul 01, 2017
Cc:Seun,lalasticlala
Re: Facebook Now Helps You Finds Free Wi-fi Network Nearby by Nobody: 3:47am On Jul 01, 2017
nuelnik:
Cc:Seun,lalasticlala
Re: Facebook Now Helps You Finds Free Wi-fi Network Nearby by Nobody: 5:07am On Jul 01, 2017
i Dont Buy Data,i Steal Any Open Wifi In My Area.Omo D Thing Dey Sweet. Can Use 10gb In Hour,because Wifi Runs Up To 15mbs....

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facebook Now Helps You Finds Free Wi-fi Network Nearby by NwaAmaikpe: 7:16am On Jul 01, 2017
shocked

Okay thank you Facebook..

Please help us find our missing President.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Facebook Now Helps You Finds Free Wi-fi Network Nearby by klassykute(m): 7:17am On Jul 01, 2017
all my area pple dey out password jare its a dead zone

2 Likes

Re: Facebook Now Helps You Finds Free Wi-fi Network Nearby by littlewonders: 7:17am On Jul 01, 2017
Laziness is about to increase.

4 Likes

Re: Facebook Now Helps You Finds Free Wi-fi Network Nearby by burkingx(f): 7:18am On Jul 01, 2017
grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Facebook Now Helps You Finds Free Wi-fi Network Nearby by WHOcarex: 7:18am On Jul 01, 2017
Cool
Re: Facebook Now Helps You Finds Free Wi-fi Network Nearby by burkingx(f): 7:18am On Jul 01, 2017
cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Facebook Now Helps You Finds Free Wi-fi Network Nearby by omobabalawo: 7:18am On Jul 01, 2017
cry
cool cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Facebook Now Helps You Finds Free Wi-fi Network Nearby by sakalisis(m): 7:19am On Jul 01, 2017
Free
Re: Facebook Now Helps You Finds Free Wi-fi Network Nearby by skimmy005: 7:19am On Jul 01, 2017
RETIREDMUMU:
i Dont Buy Data,i Steal Any Open Wifi In My Area.Omo D Thing Dey Sweet. Can Use 10gb In Hour,because Wifi Runs Up To 15mbs....
which area b dat abeg

4 Likes

Re: Facebook Now Helps You Finds Free Wi-fi Network Nearby by Flamzey00(m): 7:20am On Jul 01, 2017
#Slayqueens no longer need to subscribe anymore.

3 Likes

Re: Facebook Now Helps You Finds Free Wi-fi Network Nearby by finnestdope(m): 7:21am On Jul 01, 2017
grin for people like me
Re: Facebook Now Helps You Finds Free Wi-fi Network Nearby by Promismike(m): 7:22am On Jul 01, 2017
How can one assess it.
Re: Facebook Now Helps You Finds Free Wi-fi Network Nearby by lilbabyak(m): 7:22am On Jul 01, 2017
Since then born me I never ever get free Wi-Fi. Facebook should just send me money to do subscription

6 Likes

Re: Facebook Now Helps You Finds Free Wi-fi Network Nearby by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 01, 2017
Find? or steal?

Anyway, was that not how Facebook was born?
Those twins in Harvard shared their their idea with hopes that he could design them a website. He stole the idea.

Old habit die hardly.
Re: Facebook Now Helps You Finds Free Wi-fi Network Nearby by ikorodureporta: 7:23am On Jul 01, 2017
More hacking of phones

1 Like

Re: Facebook Now Helps You Finds Free Wi-fi Network Nearby by Goddygee(m): 7:24am On Jul 01, 2017
okay
Re: Facebook Now Helps You Finds Free Wi-fi Network Nearby by nwadiuko1(m): 7:24am On Jul 01, 2017
RETIREDMUMU:
most people pasword it
Re: Facebook Now Helps You Finds Free Wi-fi Network Nearby by demsid(m): 7:27am On Jul 01, 2017
Free wifi go is just a time waster, wen u download all the rubbish u need and u do not need. Sit back and rethink u have wasted valuable time doing nonsense

1 Like

Re: Facebook Now Helps You Finds Free Wi-fi Network Nearby by abumeinben(m): 7:27am On Jul 01, 2017
RETIREDMUMU:

Brosie grin

15MBps cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

Sofri sofri o, shooooouuu. Even MTN switch nor fit give you 3MBps.

But ma glo na 45.56GBps. I just down the entire milky way galaxy sef.
Re: Facebook Now Helps You Finds Free Wi-fi Network Nearby by AmuEwu: 7:37am On Jul 01, 2017
RETIREDMUMU:

And if there's no free WiFi nearby, you don't browse abi ?
Re: Facebook Now Helps You Finds Free Wi-fi Network Nearby by Mayflowa(m): 7:38am On Jul 01, 2017
emusmithy:
Find? or steal?

Anyway, was that not how Facebook was born?
Those twins in Harvard shared their their idea with hopes that he could design them a website. He stole the idea.

Old habit die hardly.

If only you just read till the end, u would have noticed the WiFi owners opt in and out themselves. It is way for them to get their businesses registered and known
Re: Facebook Now Helps You Finds Free Wi-fi Network Nearby by introvertme: 7:41am On Jul 01, 2017
Wow yesterday I was desperately looking for an app that can do this, I even downloaded open signal app

only for mark to release this feature.
Re: Facebook Now Helps You Finds Free Wi-fi Network Nearby by Solomonudofia(m): 7:43am On Jul 01, 2017
Facebook coming up with somany things this days..... saw this video and i think it will help
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_m_k7SD95M

1 Like

Re: Facebook Now Helps You Finds Free Wi-fi Network Nearby by TINALETC3(f): 7:47am On Jul 01, 2017
undecided
Re: Facebook Now Helps You Finds Free Wi-fi Network Nearby by Olivebranches(m): 7:51am On Jul 01, 2017
RETIREDMUMU:

Abeg which area be that make I come visit.

2 Likes

Re: Facebook Now Helps You Finds Free Wi-fi Network Nearby by ceononi: 7:58am On Jul 01, 2017
RETIREDMUMU:
lol.... What's this one saying? Can you even get 1gb in an hour with speed of 15mbs? Abeg if you wan lie next time, think well....
Re: Facebook Now Helps You Finds Free Wi-fi Network Nearby by Nnamdi98(m): 8:03am On Jul 01, 2017
RETIREDMUMU:
Are you related to EVANS...

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Subscribe To MTN Unlimited Data For 150 Naira A Day / 8 Useful Tips To Make Any Android Phone Battery Last Longer / How To Set Your Songs As Ringtone On Infinix Hot 2 X510

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.