Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People (25213 Views)

Beautiful Efik Brides In Their Costume / 5 Interesting Things Synonymous With The Efik / 5 Facts You Probably Didn't Know About The Efik People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 10:52pm On Jul 01, 2017
Officialnelly:
Eyen Efik, Abadie?

ibibio is Abadie
efik is Etie didie..

yak Isong Odod Ukana..

1 Like

Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by OgaBuhari: 10:52pm On Jul 01, 2017
bizhop01:
Ibotekporoko
lol amor see yabbing lol
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by OgaBuhari: 10:54pm On Jul 01, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:

ibibio is Abadie efik is Etie didie..
yak Isong Odod Ukana..
give we the Ibibios Biafra or death
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by OgaBuhari: 10:54pm On Jul 01, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:

ibibio is Abadie efik is Etie didie..
yak Isong Odod Ukana..
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by Outofsync(m): 10:59pm On Jul 01, 2017
Kfed4ril:

Efik/ibibio are similar but efik urhobo are very different, and no similarities at all
Thanks man. But they're all still South south Brothers right??
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by OgaBuhari: 11:02pm On Jul 01, 2017
selfmadeboss:
did this idiot just say efik people that i know in calabar are decendants of isreal?
poverty fall on you there.
theop sef na confirm Igbo ibo bastard
lol take am easy na.
The OP come say Calabar na South East
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by bizhop01: 11:02pm On Jul 01, 2017
OgaBuhari:
lol amor see yabbing lol
You right,ediye akwainuo
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by OgaBuhari: 11:07pm On Jul 01, 2017
bizhop01:
You right,ediye akwainuo
da Adiok inua ntoro?
Adodie afo ado efik , Ibibio, ikom, anang or oron?
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 11:15pm On Jul 01, 2017
OgaBuhari:

afo ish mkpo ami..
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by bizhop01: 11:16pm On Jul 01, 2017
OgaBuhari:
da Adiok inua ntoro?
Adodie afo ado efik , Ibibio, ikom, anang or oron?

Ndi proudly, ke iko mbakara team calabar south
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 11:17pm On Jul 01, 2017
bizhop01:

You right,ediye akwainuo

kutin Ikor ye etteinou ado oo.. Uso ado Ogabuhari adi atta atta Eyen ufok ndito Uneghe, aye asangha atin ndisimme ado atteh ke Akwa/Cross edi Biafra.
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by OgaBuhari: 11:23pm On Jul 01, 2017
bizhop01:

Ndi proudly, ke iko mbakara team calabar south
ok ke mana ke University of Calabar teaching hospital. Nke ka nwed ke command children school. Nke kpono Abasi ke Qua Iboe Mary slessor. Nke dung ke Eyo Ita Street But nde ejen Annang
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by OgaBuhari: 11:26pm On Jul 01, 2017
Kissyharks:
Efik,southeastern Nigeria?? It's very pathetic how people misinform the public with ease.
lol. Uyai iban Abadie? Mkpa ma ya e meet o
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by OgaBuhari: 11:28pm On Jul 01, 2017
ZaraGift:
[s]

You're ignorant, in Geography Cross-River and AKwa-Ibom are in South East Nigeria, they are more south Easterners than the Igbo states, in Nigerian political regions, they fell in the south south.

Go dust your dumb brain [/s]
You need sense.
Idiota
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by bizhop01: 11:30pm On Jul 01, 2017
OgaBuhari:
ok ke mana ke University of Calabar teaching hospital.
Nke ka nwed ke command children school.
Nke kpono Abasi ke Qua Iboe Mary slessor.
Nke dung ke Eyo Ita Street
But nde ejen Annang

Adi eyen uyeneke miscall
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by bizhop01: 11:40pm On Jul 01, 2017
Kissyharks:
Efik,southeastern Nigeria?? It's very pathetic how people misinform the public with ease.
Calabar had nothing in comon with east.
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by bizhop01: 11:43pm On Jul 01, 2017
Queenybliss:
Proud Erik girl.. 100%

Ediye
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by Rikidony(m): 11:51pm On Jul 01, 2017
OgaBuhari:
ikpa adodie? I don finally turn ibibio 4 Biafra o.
Mkpo abadie?
awuden idioko oo.

dah awo nsusen me Nnamdi KANU adidi Uyo cool
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by Rikidony(m): 11:52pm On Jul 01, 2017
OgaBuhari:
ikpa adodie? I don finally turn ibibio 4 Biafra o.
Mkpo abadie?
awuden idioko oo.

dah awo nsusen ke Nnamdi KANU adidi Uyo cool
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by OgaBuhari: 11:58pm On Jul 01, 2017
Rikidony:
awuden idioko oo.
dah awo nsusen me Nnamdi KANU adidi Uyo cool
ikpi ima e try oh. Na only those 5 indigenous land locked states he go visit o. Fear go catch am. You know say Justice Binta Nyako dey watch am closely.
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by oluamid(m): 12:25am On Jul 02, 2017
grandstar:

Do you know there are 250 stories in the 7 continents about a flood very similar to Noah's biblical account.

There even accounts about how languages originated very similar to the Babel accounts.

Its uncanny.

No myths here. The bible truly is the Word of God.

Let's not go too far. Is there any account of an apocalyptic flood in Efik/Ibibio oral traditions? How about any of the other Niger Delta tribes? What about in Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa? I even bet the Chinese will beg to differ. The accounts in the bible is the folklore of the Jews. That you are a Christian and believes such to be true doesn't make it fact.
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by keystowealth: 1:02am On Jul 02, 2017
True
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by Kfed4ril(m): 2:05am On Jul 02, 2017
Outofsync:

Yes they are
But you should also know that this thing called south south is just a political zone formed by the illiterate Fulani,
I will like you to go and study Nigeria map well, you will find out what I just said about south south, because see no reason why Edo should be in south south
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by Dayshow: 7:26am On Jul 02, 2017
eyamensah:
Ojei bab Obio Efik Ojei bab uforo ye nkori Ojei bab emem ye inemesit Ojei bab Ediye obio nnyin Canaan Efik edi mbakara... eyene obio akama obio tebede!
If u can't relate #sorry
Iyayo!
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by Eke40seven(m): 8:02am On Jul 02, 2017
Outofsync:

You have to cross the following states to "Efikland" Anambra, Imo, Abia/Rivers before you get to "Efikland".
Geographically, Cross River is more south Eastern than any state in Nigeria even more than the "South East political zone". In fact, in Abia state, the Aros, abariba etc Igbos speaks a dialect of Igbo with cross River influences.
The poor level of education in Nigeria is really our bane.
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 02, 2017
Efiks moved from the present uruan local government in akwa ibom state to their present Calabar abode. They are descendants of ndem inyang atakpo
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by Olukat(m): 8:50am On Jul 02, 2017
Biafrannuke:
see what politicized education curriculum has done to this one. his is aggressive in his ignorance

Educated Biafran undecided pls check your sentence.
Edit it and thank me later
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by Rikidony(m): 9:05am On Jul 02, 2017
OgaBuhari:
ikpi ima e try oh. Na only those 5 indigenous land locked states he go visit o. Fear go catch am. You know say Justice Binta Nyako dey watch am closely.
baba so u be pro Biafra abi
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by OgaBuhari: 10:14am On Jul 02, 2017
Rikidony:
baba so u be pro Biafra abi
sure. I hope you join me soon.
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by OgaBuhari: 10:16am On Jul 02, 2017
Kfed4ril:

Yes they are
But you should also know that this thing called south south is just a political zone formed by the illiterate Fulani,
I will like you to go and study Nigeria map well, you will find out what I just said about south south, because see no reason why Edo should be in south south
so Edo suppose dey where?
Mumu
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by Rikidony(m): 11:00am On Jul 02, 2017
OgaBuhari:
sure. I hope you join me soon.
abasi akan
Re: 5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People by valgbo(m): 12:29pm On Jul 02, 2017
[quote author=BeenieB post=58022816]Imabong nyere kem kpong!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Benue Bans Men From Spending More Than N100, 000 On Traditional Marriage / Female Inheritance: Supreme Court, Igbo Culture In Head-on Collision / Enitan Ogunwusi, Ooni Of Ife Cuts 3 Cakes At 44th Birthday (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.