Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer (43225 Views)

Olukoya Ogungbeje, Evans Lawyer, Withdraws From Kidnap Cases / "Police Sexually Abusing Evans Girlfriend, Extorts N50M" - Olukoya Ogungbeje / Olukoya Ogungbeje: Kidnapper Evans Lawyer Who Sued Police IG On His Behalf (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by dipori: 12:00pm On Jul 01, 2017
Mr barrister he will soon kidnapp ur wife and ur children Brooke lawyer
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by DieBuhari: 12:01pm On Jul 01, 2017
LEOVOLUTION:

Please remind me, what the work of a lawyer is again? see! you sir, are just a tribalistic bigot. you complain that a lawyer is defending his client (AKA the kidnapper of business men) but you seriously kept mum when another not only defended but also won a case for saraki (AKA The kidnapper of our country's treasury) thereby making him 4.6billion Naira richer. So because he is a Yoruba man he can't do his job without coming under fire right? Mmadu puta nihu oha n' eze ona ekwugheri.
Go and find your fellow zombies who gulp everything the government controlled media tells them that your stoey about Saraki.
4.6 billion indeed.
So foolish
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by jerryclinton: 12:01pm On Jul 01, 2017
jargo89:
Even with his confessions, do you know he has to be represented in court? And he also needs a lawyer to even plead guilty, as you cant walk into a court and plead guilty for yourself. This isnt a military court martial.

If you can transfer the guilt of money he's collecting from the kidnapper to him despite it being for his services. Will you transfer the guilt to car sellers, he has patronised? Food vendors he has bought from? Landlords he has rented from? Churches he has donated to? Possible humanitarian societies he has offered money?

Where would you stop?

He is a lawyer. He took an oath to defend his client and he is doing his job and paid for it. Evans, despite a criminal has the right to legal representation and he has gotten one. Whats the big deal about?

I blame the media though who are trying to exploit the moral high horse of an average Nigerian.

Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by ajilegend(m): 12:03pm On Jul 01, 2017
No mind the guy. That is how is behaves and solicit for brief by openly reaching out to clients. That is his way. I doubt if he has seen Evans for once
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by greggng: 12:04pm On Jul 01, 2017
Some of you blaming this liar oh sorry lawyer re shameless. Every man deserve fair hearing according to rule of law. That is what the liar oh sorry the lawyer is doing
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by yak(m): 12:04pm On Jul 01, 2017
[quote author=OVA200 post=58012345]This is one of the reason I hate lawyers they will know the truth but will be trying so hard to rebrand lies.

I think lie Muhammed was a law
Alhaji Lai Mohammed is a lawyer
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by jargo89(m): 12:07pm On Jul 01, 2017
The logic of an average Nigerian youth is becoming that of a toddler. All hope is lost. Where did all go wrong?
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 01, 2017
You're daft. Afterall the criminal is a bastard igbo. Even at that he's entitled to a defense.

lofty900:
He wants his own share of the billions, Afonja can not do anything for free
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 01, 2017
Evans has money somewhere that he is using or going to use to settle this guy.
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by InvertedHammer: 12:13pm On Jul 01, 2017
SKYTREND:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/sunnewsonline.com/why-im-defending-evans-ogungbeje/amp/
\
He does not have to explain himself.
He is doing his job as a Criminal Defense Attorney.
That's all.
/

1 Like

Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by LEOVOLUTION(m): 12:14pm On Jul 01, 2017
DieBuhari:
Go and find your fellow zombies who gulp everything the government controlled media tells them that your stoey about Saraki.
4.6 billion indeed.
So foolish

A look at our post would simply outline who the ZOMBIE is. Oga face it, you simply have a problem with the man because he is YORUBA, and that makes you a tribalistic dimwit. Dasuki that has been on trial for a while, does he represent himself? eh? answer me anuofia. You dare call me a zombie yet the fundamental right of every accused being entitled to an attorney seemed to skip your brain. oh I forgot! your fellow Zombies have already eaten your brain.
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by Princewell2012(m): 12:15pm On Jul 01, 2017
OVA200:
This is one of the reason I hate lawyers they will know the truth but will be trying so hard to rebrand lies.

I think lie Muhammed was a law school drop out.

Hmm let me educate you Here. This Lawyer has never done anything wrong by defending his client. But this is my point.

Nobody have any right to take or shed any blood, on whatsoever the case might be, you don't have any right to kill. Otherwise it should be regarded as murder. So let the competent court do their work, and decide which punishment he deserves.

2 when two sets of soldiers are at war fighting each and kill each other even the dead bodies are upto million. You don't say they committed murder. But if a soldier go to any neighbour hood and kill anybody, now that kind of killing can be classified as mother, and such a perpetrator will be bought to book. That is if it is in a saner climate, where the rule of law were been practiced.

I have come to realized that this internet and nairaland have exposed people mentality the more. Most of the time i will only shake my head, sometime laugh when i read some comments here. Even from the so called educated, you will be shock to see what came out of their mind, very barbaric, tribalistic, stupidity and very very religious.
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by Princewell2012(m): 12:17pm On Jul 01, 2017
OVA200:
This is one of the reason I hate lawyers they will know the truth but will be trying so hard to rebrand lies.

I think lie Muhammed was a law school drop out.

Hmm let me educate you Here. This Lawyer has never done anything wrong by defending his client. But this is my point.

Nobody have any right to take or shed any blood, on whatsoever the case might be, you don't have any right to kill. Otherwise it should be regarded as murder. So let the competent court do their work, and decide which punishment he deserves.

2 when two sets of soldiers are at war fighting each and killing each other even if the dead bodies are upto million. You don't still say they committed murder. But if a soldier go to any neighbour hood and kill anybody, now that kind of killing can be classified as murder, and such a perpetrator will be bought to book. That is if it is in a saner climate, where the rule of law were been practiced.

I have come to realized that the internet and nairaland have exposed people mentality the more. Most of the time i will only shake my head, sometime laugh when i read some comments here. Even from the so called educated, you will be shock to see what came out of their mind, very barbaric, tribalistic, stupidity and very very religious.

Pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by kceewhyte(m): 12:18pm On Jul 01, 2017
holluphemydavid:
U av no point useless afonja lawyer, all u wnt is ur own share of D billions Evans had made, hw I wish Dey Shud release him and kidnap u and ur entire family
flatron

1 Like

Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by dofredoh(m): 12:20pm On Jul 01, 2017
wow! nice story
Princewell2012:

2 when two sets of soldiers are at war fighting each and kill each other even the dead bodies are upto million. You don't say they committed murder. But if a soldier go to any neighbour hood and kill anybody, now that kind of killing can be classified as mother, and such a perpetrator will be bought to book. That is if it is in a saner climate, where the rule of law were been practiced.

I have come to realized that this internet and nairaland have exposed people mentality the more. Most of the time i will only shake my head, sometime laugh when i read some comments here. Even from the so called educated, you will be shock to see what came out of their mind, very barbaric, tribalistic, stupidity and very very religious.

Pathetic.
wow! nice story
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by VajanahDischaj(f): 12:21pm On Jul 01, 2017
kocvalour:
if I had the chance i'll do same

after all, it's a fvcked up country
abi oh. . .everything in Nigeria and about nigeria is lies and nonsense. We need a reset button.
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by ivolt: 12:23pm On Jul 01, 2017
oshe11:
hmmm...... U dn mean it

Naira..land this ur favoritism, bigotry n nepotism no good ooo

So I heard a thread of Arewa youths making a U-turn n calling Afonjas Backstabbers was created bt the tribalistic Mods refused to push it to FP for all to see... bt if na small pikin curse Kanu una go rush put am for FP even without any comment.....

Make una continue oooo.......

Mind U, Im no IPOB nor AFONJA bt I bliv wats good for the goose is also good for the gander.....

GOD THEY SEE UNA OOOO.....

Pls someone one shud post the link of the thread here so all can see n also post it in all FP threads....

U cn ban me bt I wud open a new acct bt wen God decide to BAN u im dn be for be dat

All these kids keep making senseless comment and derailing threads.
Who cares if you are IPOB ?
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by onyxo76(m): 12:23pm On Jul 01, 2017
Someone should please kidnap his son or daughter the he will know the feeling of having a relative kidnapped
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by burkingx(f): 12:24pm On Jul 01, 2017
ABEG! MAKE UNA CLEAR FOR MY FACE! I WAN HAIL COMMANDER. .....

Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 01, 2017
hmm conflicts of ethics and morality...a doctor is bound by the ethics of his profession to treat a dying somebody no matter how evil the somebody might be...even if his name is ibrahim shekau or hitler
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 01, 2017
tete7000:

I agree with you but the truth his that his children will be ridiculed by his mates and even some teachers in their schools. His wife will be subjected to taunting by a section of the society. It is not about fairness, it is about reality. Reality about society where many are governed by different kinds of emotion. It is why we must think through our actions before we commits ourselves to them. If we can stand the public ridicule, are we willing to take our family through same? Because what we choose to suffer as an individual, we often carry our family through the same suffering. Call it suffering in solidarity
its still isn't fair, perhaps it's people being ignorant and judgemental, it would be like purnishing children for their parents actions. or punishing a whole family and generation for one family members action or decision, it would be like the police arresting me for my father's or brother's crime. how ever i agree! we can't control people's emotions.
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by banmee(m): 12:32pm On Jul 01, 2017
lofty900:
He wants his own share of the billions, Afonja can not do anything for free

First you say he's doing it for money, and next you say yorubas do things for free. Does that make sense to you? Anyway, everyone, irespective of what they are accused of has a right to legal representation. It is what is supposed to separate us from animals. Obviously since most people are animal in Nigeria the concept escapes them.
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by oshe11: 12:34pm On Jul 01, 2017
ivolt:

All these kids keep making senseless comment and derailing threads. Who cares if you are IPOB ?
U r welcome
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 01, 2017
Sacluxpaint:

Evans accused?OK o.

My point is this, for the integrity of the lawyer, he should do it pro bono. I want to ask you this, if you were he lawyer with a conscience, will you defend such a person, considering the trauma and pains her caused many.?
i will, because i played no part in his alleged crimes, besides he hasn't been convicted of any crimes, he is only a criminal in the eyes of people like you who have concluded that he is a criminal, let him have his day in court if convicted by all means send him to jail.

but at the moment he is just a SUSPECT!
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by jargo89(m): 12:37pm On Jul 01, 2017
gypsey:
i will, because i played no part in his alleged crimes, besides he hasn't been convicted of any crimes, he is only a criminal in the eyes of people like you who have concluded that he is a criminal, let him have his day in court if convcited by all means send him to jail.

May your source of knowledge and logic never dry.

2 Likes

Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by Brugo(m): 12:38pm On Jul 01, 2017
stealthtiger:

The one's who fall into that category are severely driven by hate. As you've said rightly, it acts as a fog which thus prevents them from seeing beyond their nose.

Reality becomes a lie and anything against their belief becomes a conspiracy

Well said
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by Reference(m): 12:40pm On Jul 01, 2017
Even the Nazis at Nuremberg had counsel. What is wrong with Nigerians. A jury system can never work here with this level of ignorance. What these fellows fail to realise is that the process of jurisprudence also educates and enhances the competencies of the judiciary and most especially law enforcement because a lot of information, critical information a felon may not submit under investigation may be volunteered under court examination. Like they say, a man will sing if given the opportunity to save his skin but will be mute in the face of death, resigned to a sure fate if lynched. And what we need more than all the violence are common sense solutions to our challenges.

1 Like

Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by OVA200(m): 12:44pm On Jul 01, 2017
Princewell2012:

2 when two sets of soldiers are at war fighting each and killing each other even if the dead bodies are upto million. You don't still say they committed murder. But if a soldier go to any neighbour hood and kill anybody, now that kind of killing can be classified as murder, and such a perpetrator will be bought to book. That is if it is in a saner climate, where the rule of law were been practiced.

I have come to realized that the internet and nairaland have exposed people mentality the more. Most of the time i will only shake my head, sometime laugh when i read some comments here. Even from the so called educated, you will be shock to see what came out of their mind, very barbaric, tribalistic, stupidity and very very religious.

Pathetic.
You said nobody should shed blood but he does i.e he is doom by the law so why defending him.

Even if a robber was caught during robbery lawyer will still try as much as possible to defend him.
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by OVA200(m): 12:45pm On Jul 01, 2017
[quote author=yak post=58014631][/quote] Seriously? I don't know o
No wonder he no dey find am difficult to lie.
Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by Reference(m): 12:46pm On Jul 01, 2017
gypsey:
i will, because i played no part in his alleged crimes, besides he hasn't been convicted of any crimes, he is only a criminal in the eyes of people like you who have concluded that he is a criminal, let him have his day in court if convcited by all means send him to jail.

Exactly. But it is more than the fact he committed certain criminal acts. There is a process that must be followed. In the US typical cases of even the most horrific crimes take a year or two to be concluded and that is an acknowledged superfast system. See the rushed cases of the EFCC... all lost. Where the process is shoddy, the outcome is sure failure.

1 Like

Re: Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer by Princewell2012(m): 12:49pm On Jul 01, 2017
Sacluxpaint:
He is right provided he us doing it pro bono, he should not accept legal fees from rotten wealth.

Hmm did i hear you say rotten wealth?

Now can you tell me the difference between if a politician stole money from the government account and if an armed man stole money from an individual?

Pls am waiting your response.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Men Who Disguise As Women In Kano To Scam Wealthy Victims Busted By Police / Bomb Scare At Diamond Bank In Jos As Bomb Is Suspected To Be In Car Parked / Danfo Conductor Strips To Fight A Lady Over Money In Lagos (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.