Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

Number 225 Katakata Street - Literature (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Number 225 Katakata Street (1316895 Views)

[MUST READ] Welcome To Lagos: Danfo Palavas (very Funny) / Welcome To The US. / Welcome To My Street (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by YINKS89(m): 1:29pm On Feb 11, 2018
Mama is in trouble.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by mendel04(m): 1:43pm On Feb 11, 2018
This efe guy will regret this
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by donkelz(m): 2:00pm On Feb 11, 2018
This is a blockbuster!!! Ride on bro! More updates please!!!
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by sheycrown(f): 4:31pm On Feb 11, 2018
Hehehehehehe,I won't be there when mama comes back for this boy o. Centino how have you been??
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 5:15pm On Feb 11, 2018
sheycrown:
Hehehehehehe,I won't be there when mama comes back for this boy o. Centino how have you been??

Been alright sheycrown. Thanks for checking dear.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by collinometricx: 5:42pm On Feb 11, 2018
Centino abeg leave efe mk he enjoy as long as it last
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by alabig(m): 6:01pm On Feb 11, 2018
To every action there must an opposite and equal reaction.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by mekonglobal(m): 6:05pm On Feb 11, 2018
Every wich get who im dey fear.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by adedolapo2017: 6:35pm On Feb 11, 2018
Nice is an understatement, this story is superb
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Kendrickmykell(m): 8:56pm On Feb 11, 2018
Mama Akunna wanna komja! Lol Oti gba penalty lo throwing. Centino babs this is exquisite. Abeg roll tape. more inks. Bless ya
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by okeyben10: 9:29pm On Feb 11, 2018
I fear for Efe for when d table turns again
na when yu dey fear winch he fit harm you sha
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Pinkfeet: 10:35pm On Feb 11, 2018
centino more grease to your elbow ooooo

i can't stop laughing , so the table has turn around.
so irikefe his now the one that control mama akuna now.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by tsharp(m): 4:51am On Feb 12, 2018
Ah Efe, see guts. Be on your guard sha. A witch is a witch.

Nice one Centino. You never disappoint cheesy
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Misselocon(f): 10:56am On Feb 12, 2018
Woooow....to dat captivating update...laffed so much... carry go Centino
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by dupsai(f): 12:59pm On Feb 12, 2018
Mama Akuna don meet who pass am. Efe own is too much o. Thanks for the update Centino.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Holluwaphlexy(m): 10:44pm On Feb 12, 2018
mama akunna don play penalty go offside ....lolz ride on bro

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Essyprity(f): 7:23am On Feb 15, 2018
table has turned. Oya let's go there! grin
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by deriod(m): 2:05pm On Feb 15, 2018
centino I beg you in d name of God try n update more often now ha
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Louisefaye(f): 8:06pm On Feb 16, 2018
grin
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Nobody: 4:48pm On Feb 17, 2018
WHY IS THIS STORY NOT ON FRONTPAGE WHO IS THE MOD HERE

Lalaticalala mynd44

*modified*
Divepen1 you are a moderator? Please read this and tell frontpage won't be blessed.

Let me go and fulfil my promise cheesy

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by WHOcarex: 6:31pm On Feb 17, 2018
grin Mama Akunna won't take this for long. That's for sure
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by kliendiddy: 10:33pm On Feb 17, 2018
;Doh boy ;Doh boy
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 9:03am On Feb 18, 2018
THE RESULT

“Tell me irikefe. What has happened?” Ndifreke said, dead serious.

“Bros it’s nothing. I had a frank talk with Mama about the way she has been in this compound; constantly harassing and being a nuisance. She understood and promised to change. I was just testing to see if she really has.

“Don’t give me that nonsense Irikefe.”

“Okay I have her nudes,” Irikefe said and grinned.

“I am not joking.”

“But bros I don tell you na.”

“Oh really?”

“Yes bros.”

Irikefe could not look Ndifreke in the face. He would have loved to tell him but his dad had told him not to.

“When you win war, is not good to humiliate your opponent. This is like war we win. We will not do like say anything happened, but I know that she will humble now,” Papa Efe had said. His father would not approve of what he was doing now, but Irikefe could not resist the chance to use Mama Akunna to shine.

“So you, of all people talked to Mama Akunna and she suddenly becomes meek and sweeping the compound at your say so?”

“Bros anybody can change. You no see as Castro sef repent?”

“Nonsense.”

Irikefe laughed hard and bent over. “So you know bros?”

“It’s easy to see through him. Don’t change the subject. What have you done to Mama Akunna?”

“Honest to God truth na im I tell you so. Mama has changed. Anybody can change.”

Ndifreke regarded Irikefe for a full minute and said, “Okay I will wait till you are ready to tell me.”

Irikefe looked away and freed himself from Ndifreke’s grip.

Ndifreke looked at Mama Akunna as she straightened up every now and again holding her waist as she swept. He turned and went back inside where Maya was waiting for him in his room.

As soon as he looked at her face, he knew.

“I’m sorry,” she said.

Ndifreke put his hands on his head.

“My mum told me to go for a test and I did. It’s positive.”

“What are we going to do now Maya?”

“I don’t know Ndi.”

“I don’t want to say I told you so, but this could have been avoided.”

“I know. I don’t regret what we did.”

“My God,” Ndifreke said and began to pace the room.

Maya went close to him and he recoiled, ever so subtly. She stood and regarded him for a beat and turned and left the room.

“Maya” he called feebly. He sank onto the floor in a corner and cried.

Achike selected his best tshirt and three quarter length jeans and a fez cap. Today he would make his first move. He had seen her going out that morning and made sure to greet her properly and gained her attention. He has not been able to remove the sway of her hips from his mind. He could already see her carrying his child. He put on his sneakers and dark sunglasses and regarded himself in the mirror. He was convinced he looked the part. If not for his tummy, he could have been mistaken for P Diddy. Then he waited for when there were fewer people at the backyard and then made his move.

Mama Tobi was struggling with the fire that cooked her fufu when Achike appeared and stood smiling.

“Achike, this one that you dressed like you want to sing shakiti bobo and smiling like a roasted goat, if you don’t have work come and help me nau.”

“Oh really?” He said and moved towards her.

“Give me the stick let me help you ma. This is what my grandmother used to do. Mama Tobi handed him the ladle and stepped aside. Achike took it and spread his legs and began to turn the thick cassava paste. Mama Tobi was surprised to see how well Achike was doing it. She turned to the opposite side and stoked the fire while Achike continued to turn the fufu.

“Ha Achike, you are doing it so well. The woman that will marry you will enjoy o!”

When he heard that, Achike took off his sunglasses and removed his tshirt.

“Mama Tobi, today I will show you the part of me you have not seen before.”

“Achike Achike. My son. God will bless you.”

Achike proceeded to cook three cauldrons of fufu and also offered to take the whole thing upstairs and to wrap them into single serve portions Mama Tobi sold for fifty naira each.

“You don’t have to bother Achike, you have done enough already.”

“No ma. It is nothing.”

“But you were dressed like you were going somewhere. If I wasn’t so tired I wouldn’t have let you turn all that fufu.”

“It is nothing Ma. Just show me what to do” Achike said and scooped a basin of hot fufu and placed it on his head and headed for the top floor. Mama Tobi was now suspicious. When he had finished carrying all her utensils and then settled down with her to begin to wrap the fufu mama Tobi then asked the question “What do you want Achike?”

“Er Mama, that can wait. Let us finish this before the fufu gets cold. You know your customers like it hot.”

She held his hand as he was about to pick up a serving gourd and he looked up, sweat was pouring from his head.

“Achike” she said. I have lived in this compound for thirty years. I was here when you first came to live with your brother until you inherited his room. I know you are a good man, but I also know that you are not Father Christmas. Now tell me. What do you want?”

“Your daughter” Achike blurted. He was exhausted from all that fufu turning business and he knew that he would need to have his waist massaged before he would be able to function normally again. He had no energy for any more niceties.

“Which one?”

“Maya na, Mama Tobi. Which other one would I want?”

They were seated in the corridor near her door, where Mama Tobi always sat to wrap her fufu. At the mention of her name Maya breezed past them into the room.

Mama Tobi looked up. She knew she had gone to tell him. And she could tell that it did not go well.

“You will have to ask her yourself Achike.”

“But Mama Tobi.”

“Achike you live in this compound don’t you?”

“I do but…”

“Achike, ask her.”

Achike straightened up, produced a small towel from his hip pocket and wiped his face dry. Surely, this was consent from her mother. He did not think it was going to be easy whichever way he went about it. So he went and knocked on Maya’s door.

“What is it?” she said sobbing.

“Are you alright Maya? Achike called.

“No I’m not.”

“Can I come in?”

“No”

“What is the matter?”

“I’m pregnant.”

“Chineke mee!” Achike said and turned and looked at Mama Tobi. Mama Tobi shrugged and continued to do what she was doing.

As soon as Mama Akunna had laid out her table for the night’s business Irikefe turned up.

“Mama de mama” he began.

“Wetin you want?”

“Don’t give me that nonsense Mama. You can speak English better than the Queen. I heard you. So stop this yeye pidgin you are speaking and answer me in good English”

“My pikin…”

“I am not your pikin.”

Mama Akunna looked deeply into Irikefe’s eyes but the boy was unmoved.

“I am not afraid of you,” Irikefe said.

“Good for you.”

“What did you say?”

Mama Akunna remained quiet and proceeded to arrange her benches.

“Let me ask you something Mama.”

She ignored him and continued what she was doing.

“Do you know how to turn to a snake?”

Mama Akunna stopped for a moment and then she pretended not to hear him.

“Because you changed to everything but not a snake that night.”

Mama Akunna pulled a plastic bucket with a cover from under her table, sat down, opened the bucket, and began to rinse her shot glasses and stainless steel cups in silence.

“Snakes are busy swallowing millions, and you are here changing to rat to come and disturb my poor father.”

If Mama Akunna could still hear him, there was nothing in her demeanor to suggest that that was the case.

“See mama, we can use this your talent for serious business. Let me carry you to central bank in Abuja, when we get to the gate, you just change into a snake and go into the vault and bring out some millions. I will be waiting for you outside. I will make sure that even if they see you they will not kill you. Then when you come, you hand the money to me and change back to yourself then we will come back to Lagos. How about that Mama?”

If she was angry, Mama Akunna did not show it. Her first customer came and took his seat and looked at Irikefe curiously. He remained where he was unperturbed. Then when there were three customers, Irikefe said to Mama Akunna “Okay mama I wan go. Give me that three thousand wey I give you to keep.”

Mama Akunna looked at him wide eyed.

“Check inside your wrapper. Na there you put am.”

Mama Akunna looked at her customers and saw the curious look on their faces and then smiled and loosened her wrapper and then loosened a small knot at the tip and produced three five hundred naira notes.

“Na one five I get” she said.

“Okay I go come back for the balance when you don sell,” Irikefe said and took the money from Mama Akunna and bowed politely and turned and walked away.

Mama Akunna knew when he left that she would not be sleeping in her body that night.

TO BE CONTINUED.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by ChizzyMaris(f): 9:23am On Feb 18, 2018
Good job Centino. I really pity this Efe boy o.

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by tsharp(m): 4:38pm On Feb 18, 2018
Achike grin grin grin

Now Efe is dead

Ride on centino.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by meetbalo(m): 6:04pm On Feb 18, 2018
Centino, are u not ndifreke again? Why are u not using the first-person naration any longer?

3 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by YINKS89(m): 6:09pm On Feb 18, 2018
Mama mst do smfin fast b4 dey spoil her reputation.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Obo8405(m): 8:54pm On Feb 18, 2018
that's d problem with d youth of dis generation ,reason a lot of herbs n charms are dying with d older generation ,its all about personal gain for them,centino great story you've got

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by alabig(m): 9:48pm On Feb 18, 2018
Irikefe is playing a pawn on a strange chess board.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by skyblueking(m): 10:46pm On Feb 18, 2018
dis guy don Bleep up......Im go collect well well.....Nice write up!!!!
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by captainpower(m): 11:27pm On Feb 18, 2018
My first comment on this story. Started today and here am i.. Irikefe just wan die fast fast. D oppression is too much. So real and captivating. Nice story uve got here
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by kikiwendy(f): 6:53am On Feb 19, 2018
Awwwwnn.. Nice story This efe boy dey play with fire ni Centino dear how are you doing?

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (263) (Reply)

Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.