Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,356 members, 7,780,956 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:22 AM

Number 225 Katakata Street - Literature (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Number 225 Katakata Street (1313467 Views)

[MUST READ] Welcome To Lagos: Danfo Palavas (very Funny) / Welcome To The US. / Welcome To My Street (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Didov1(f): 9:25am On May 24, 2018
Wow. ... Thanks for the update centino
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by izaray(f): 1:13pm On May 24, 2018
Finally i'm here. More wisdom Centino
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Evathyst(f): 1:50pm On May 24, 2018
After reading for 3 days non stop, I'm finally here. Nice work Centino, you're doing a Yeoman's job. However, the following are my observations;

1- You've successfully transformed Mama Akunna from the lively and comic character you initially portrayed into a villainous witch without providing adequate reasons.

2- How come Talabi was not arrested despite Awero confessing to his crime before hanging herself?

3- you're making the whole story center on 'Ndifreke' and his pregnant girlfriend thereby leaving out other occupants. This wouldn't add the much needed spice to the story. Please take note.

In conclusion, just like one commenter said earlier, it's quite disheartening having to wait long for another update. This story is very interesting, hence, may lose it's vibe if dragged for too long. I'll suggest you take some time off, work on it day and night. Package everything 'packageable' and make it into an e-book so that we can buy for a token. Even if it's for #200, trust me, you'll make close to 50K.

A wonderful piece like this shouldn't be read for free. You self suppose benefit something from entertaining and enlightening us. This is just my humble suggestion though, make anybody no crucify me for saying my mind o. I no get power for any rofu-rofu e-fight at this old age.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by KpagoGIN(m): 1:56pm On May 24, 2018
Evathyst:
After reading for 3 days non stop, I'm finally here. Nice work Centino, you're doing a Yeoman's job. However, the following are my observations;

1- You've successfully transformed Mama Akunna from the lively and comic character you initially portrayed into a villainous witch without providing adequate reasons.

2- How come Talabi was not arrested despite Awero confessing to his crime before hanging herself?

3- you're making the whole story center on 'Ndifreke' and his pregnant girlfriend thereby leaving out other occupants. This wouldn't add the much needed spice to the story. Please take note.

In conclusion, just like one commenter said earlier, it's quite disheartening having to wait long for another update. This story is very interesting, hence, may lose it's vibe if dragged for too long. I'll suggest you take some time off, work on it day and night. Package everything 'packageable' and make it into an e-book so that we can buy for a token. Even if it's for #200, trust me, you'll make close to 50K.

A wonderful piece like this shouldn't be read for free. You self suppose benefit something from entertaining and enlightening us. This is just my humble suggestion though, make anybody no crucify me for saying my mind o. I no get power for any rofu-rofu e-fight at this old age.
my sister the table you are shaking na three legs oooooh.... this your e-book tin anyways make I leave you for the thread mama Akunna to come address your matta.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Evathyst(f): 1:58pm On May 24, 2018
Alternatively, you could provide a platform through which we (your readers) can donate as a show of our appreciation for this wonderful work.

I hate it when people blame the Government for not appreciating talent, forgetting that we ourselves can organize ourselves into our own Government. There are many well meaning Nigerians here, I'm sure a good number of them wouldn't mind donating handsomely as a show of appreciation.

No be only prayer go belle full Centino o, even if na #200, if all of us donate, the guy pocket go full. Like the Bible said; 'He that watereth others shall be watered'. Centino, you deserve to be watered. Or what do you all think?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by eyesofpearls(f): 2:28pm On May 24, 2018
Evathyst:
Alternatively, you could provide a platform through which we (your readers) can donate as a show of our appreciation for this wonderful work.

I hate it when people blame the Government for not appreciating talent, forgetting that we ourselves can organize ourselves into our own Government. There are many well meaning Nigerians here, I'm sure a good number of them wouldn't mind donating handsomely as a show of appreciation.

No be only prayer go belle full Centino o, even if na #200, if all of us donate, the guy pocket go full. Like the Bible said; 'He that watereth others shall be watered'. Centino, you deserve to be watered. Or what do you all think?

I totally agree!

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Evathyst(f): 3:10pm On May 24, 2018
KpagoGIN:

my sister the table you are shaking na three legs oooooh.... this your e-book tin anyways make I leave you for the thread mama Akunna to come address your matta.
Lolz. Abeg no leave me for 'Mama Akunna' o. I just dey talk my mind, no pun intended.

As in ehn, I dey feel sey to dey wait for update once in a week go be big palava o. So, if my guy package the thing, person for read the whole story as e dey hot.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by KpagoGIN(m): 3:45pm On May 24, 2018
Evathyst:
Lolz. Abeg no leave me for 'Mama Akunna' o. I just dey talk my mind, no pun intended.

As in ehn, I dey feel sey to dey wait for update once in a week go be big palava o. So, if my guy package the thing, person for read the whole story as e dey hot.
nice observation from you.... but in another way what you suggesting is that he stops posting for awhile till he is done, problem with this angle is that the writer might be getting encouragement and motivation from we the readers and that could be a deciding factor for him trying to meet up, just my own point of view thou and if you have noticed the writer tries to fit in actual happenings in the country in his writing making it seem as if the story is simultaneously happening somewhere as we read. A delay cause we want the whole package at once takes out that

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 3:46pm On May 24, 2018
Centino:
Ann2012, palmslight, praizymicheal, YINKS89, MhizSuccess, INDUSTRIALFAN. I see y'all.
yezzir...
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by KpagoGIN(m): 3:48pm On May 24, 2018
[quote author=Evathyst post=67841669] Lolz. Abeg no leave me for 'Mama Akunna' o. I just dey talk my mind, no pun intended.

let me look to irefreke the anti- mama Akunna he will keep you safe seems to die is now is hobby.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 4:43pm On May 24, 2018
Evathyst:

Hi Evathyst.

Thanks for the critique and appreciation. First thing I should do is tell you about myself. I will do that by reproducing here something I wrote on a thread by EvaJael - one of the writers I really like here.

“If I want to read a novel, I write one” – Benjamin Disreali

I’m Centino. Relatively new here. The above quote is why I write. I have no heroes of the letter; I follow in the footsteps of none. I am my own inspiration. I got bored stiff with “literature” and began to fancy myself to do a good enough job for me. I reckoned if I write my kind of book, surely I would have likeminded people who will appreciate my style. I do not like fluff. If something happened in the afternoon, tell me what happened. I don’t see the point of describing the sun. How the environment laughed because the yellowish red hue of the sun tantalized the roofs. What’s that? I know what an afternoon looks like! I like a story. A good plot. Who likes who? Who hates who? Who is after who? Who fvcked who? The human experience robust and I just want to hear of it. From every perspective. And for goodness sake go straight to the point! If an adverb will drive home a point, I will use an adverb. If a simile sounds silly, I cut it out. If you are obsessed with words and you want to w*nk to them go and read a poem. Rules? They are not for me. I will write my own the way I want to. “Better to write for yourself and have no public, than write for the public and have no self” – Cyril Conolly. Word.

“The first thing a writer has to do is find another source of income… “Ellen Gilchrist.

And I will add, then you can experience true freedom. I will not write about an asylum seeking PHD holder who ends up as a cab driver in New York so that I can be appreciated internationally. I will not carry my Katakata Street to okada books and sell 10 copies in one year so that I can get something for my troubles. I will not read “how to be a successful author” and burn myself out trying to sound like someone else. If you want to be the next Chinua Achebe, sorry you came 60 years late. So I make sure I am not hungry. If the money comes, I want it on my own terms. So I write when I want to write, if I want to write, how I want to write. The only people I want to kill are the ghost readers on nairaland. Come on guys…Tell a brother and a sister that s/he is trying. You don’t know how far that can go. You think this is easy? Try it.

Finally. Most tellingly… “One of the things a writer is for is to say the unsayable, speak the unspeakable and ask difficult questions” – Salman Rushdie

At Easter I wrote a chapter I called Food for thought. In it I asked why anyone thinks Jesus whose flesh was dust like mine and yours would ascend to heaven where there is no such consistency. Do you think God is in the business of impressing people? Do you think creating heaven and earth and trying to save the souls of man is a circus? (Didn’t put it quite like that but you get my drift…). The result? I got the fewest likes that week. And guess what? It doesn’t matter. I will say it. I am a writer.

Aunty EvaJael. That is me o.

Having said that, you can now bundle over here and see what I do for nairaland mostly on Sundays. Many thanks.
[i][/i]

Now to those 3 questions.

1. I don't know why mama Akunna became what she became o. Na so I see am. I suppose it is because evil is irrational. I have known real life witches and seen confessions. Sister, they always have no clue why they have become what they have become.

2. I was tempted to go that route but I do not want to take the story away from the compound yet. Criminals don't always get arrested at any rate. Some vanish into thin air even in real life. Let's just say Talabi is still on the run. Don't be surprised to see him again along the like *wink*

3. Oh yeah. It centers on Ndifreke and his pregnant girlfriend for now. But she go born the pikin one day na...the plan has always been for this story to go on in perpetuity. As KpagoGIN noted, I also try to infuse current goings on and so for as long as things are still happening in Naija, inhabitants of 225 Katakata Street will still be there to talk about these things. The original idea was to get a group of common people from whose perspective we can view our polity. But the thing got away from me. Anyhow sha, I go just continue dey rough am dey go. I pray people continue to have interest.

Ultimately it's pure fun for me. If I can contribute a little laughter and enlightenment people really appreciate, I'm happy. I know the money will come. My only problem na ghost readers undecided

133 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by joeworipre: 5:30pm On May 24, 2018
Baba Centino, well done. This is the best piece I have read on this forum in a long time. I Finally caught up with you guys, can't wait for the next update, keep it coming
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 5:35pm On May 24, 2018
izaray:
Finally i'm here. More wisdom Centino

Thanks and welcome on board izaray.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 5:36pm On May 24, 2018
joeworipre:
Baba Centino, well done. This is the best piece I have read on this forum in a long time. I Finally caught up with you guys, can't wait for the next update, keep it coming

Welcome on board man! Glad you like my work.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 24, 2018
Like seriously this guy is good, Keep it rolling bro
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by OlufemiWhit(m): 5:52pm On May 24, 2018
So i've been a ghost reader for a while now.....lovely reply to Eva tho....really mature....keep the story coming at your own pace..... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by YINKS89(m): 5:55pm On May 24, 2018
Evathyst I juz read ur comment nd m like wow but dre re somfins u nid to know also,

Ndiefreke is d main character and d story teller hence d reason why he appears all d time... Without him Dre's no story to tell.

Also talabi running away shld tell u DAT adrenaline kicked in along d line.

Also if u re following the story u should have wondered how mama akunna has been able to know all d secrets from d beginning nd as u know witches either good or bad would do smfin DAT would hurt others juz as d saying goes d devil doesn't give fins for free, it comes with a price.
That's all I have to say.

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by youngpiticle2: 6:05pm On May 24, 2018
I have been a ghost reader since inception. it's normal to be criticized for ur own work but the ability to use them constructively is the utmost. keep it up bro. more ink to ur pen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by eyesofpearls(f): 6:25pm On May 24, 2018
Centino:

Hi Evathyst.

Thanks for the critique and appreciation. First thing I should do is tell you about myself. I will do that by reproducing here something I wrote on a thread by EvaJael - one of the writers I really like here.

I’m Centino. Relatively new here. The above quote is why I write. I have no heroes of the letter; I follow in the footsteps of none. I am my own inspiration. I got bored stiff with “literature” and began to fancy myself to do a good enough job for me. I reckoned if I write my kind of book, surely I would have likeminded people who will appreciate my style. I do not like fluff. If something happened in the afternoon, tell me what happened. I don’t see the point of describing the sun. How the environment laughed because the yellowish red hue of the sun tantalized the roofs. What’s that? I know what an afternoon looks like! I like a story. A good plot. Who likes who? Who hates who? Who is after who? Who fvcked who? The human experience robust and I just want to hear of it. From every perspective. And for goodness sake go straight to the point! If an adverb will drive home a point, I will use an adverb. If a simile sounds silly, I cut it out. If you are obsessed with words and you want to w*nk to them go and read a poem. Rules? They are not for me. I will write my own the way I want to. “Better to write for yourself and have no public, than write for the public and have no self” – Cyril Conolly. Word.

“The first thing a writer has to do is find another source of income… “Ellen Gilchrist.

And I will add, then you can experience true freedom. I will not write about an asylum seeking PHD holder who ends up as a cab driver in New York so that I can be appreciated internationally. I will not carry my Katakata Street to okada books and sell 10 copies in one year so that I can get something for my troubles. I will not read “how to be a successful author” and burn myself out trying to sound like someone else. If you want to be the next Chinua Achebe, sorry you came 60 years late. So I make sure I am not hungry. If the money comes, I want it on my own terms. So I write when I want to write, if I want to write, how I want to write. The only people I want to kill are the ghost readers on nairaland. Come on guys…Tell a brother and a sister that s/he is trying. You don’t know how far that can go. You think this is easy? Try it.

Finally. Most tellingly… “One of the things a writer is for is to say the unsayable, speak the unspeakable and ask difficult questions” – Salman Rushdie

At Easter I wrote a chapter I called Food for thought. In it I asked why anyone thinks Jesus whose flesh was dust like mine and yours would ascend to heaven where there is no such consistency. Do you think God is in the business of impressing people? Do you think creating heaven and earth and trying to save the souls of man is a circus? (Didn’t put it quite like that but you get my drift…). The result? I got the fewest likes that week. And guess what? It doesn’t matter. I will say it. I am a writer.

Having said that, you can now bundle over here and see what I do for nairaland mostly on Sundays. Many thanks.
[i][/i]

1. I don't know why mama Akunna became what she became o. Na so I see am. I suppose it is because evil is irrational. I have known real life witches and seen confessions. Sister, they always have no clue why they have become what they have become.

2. I was tempted to go that route but I do not want to take the story away from the compound yet. Criminals don't always get arrested at any rate. Some vanish into thin air even in real life. Let's just say Talabi is still on the run. Don't be surprised to see him again along the like *wink*

3. Oh yeah. It centers on Ndifreke and his pregnant girlfriend for now. But she go born the pikin one day na...the plan has always been for this story to go on in perpetuity. As KpagoGIN noted, I also try to infuse current goings on and so for as long as things are still happening in Naija, inhabitants of 225 Katakata Street will still be there to talk about these things. The original idea was to get a group of common people from whose perspective we can view our polity. But the thing got away from me. Anyhow sha, I go just continue dey rough am dey go. I pray people continue to have interest.

Ultimately it's pure fun for me. If I can contribute a little laughter and enlightenment people really appreciate, I'm happy. I know the money will come. My only problem na ghost readers undecided

Wisdom is at work in you! Thumbs up!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by yehmy(m): 6:32pm On May 24, 2018
eyesofpearls:

Wisdom is at work in you! Thumbs up!
So this is the only thinng you wanted to write and you have to quote that long post

5 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by seunadeolu(m): 6:56pm On May 24, 2018
Centino baba cool I hail thee, carry go nothing do you. Regular student reporting for lecture grin

Centino:
Ann2012, palmslight, praizymicheal, YINKS89, MhizSuccess, INDUSTRIALFAN. I see y'all.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Folashadee(f): 7:26pm On May 24, 2018
bad belle pple. they don't appreciate good things instead they find fault. Centino keep it up���������

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by eyesofpearls(f): 7:40pm On May 24, 2018
yehmy:
So this is the only thinng you wanted to write and you have to quote that long post

grin grin Oga Yehmy leave me o grin (can’t stop laughing)

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by yehmy(m): 7:47pm On May 24, 2018
eyesofpearls:

grin grin Oga Yehmy leave me o grin (can’t stop laughing)
i no drag u again grin grin hope ur day is going on well?

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by eyesofpearls(f): 8:00pm On May 24, 2018
yehmy:
i no drag u again grin grin hope ur day is going on well?

Very well thank you grin and yours?
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by yehmy(m): 8:14pm On May 24, 2018
eyesofpearls:

Very well thank you grin and yours?
great thanks
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Kaycee9242(m): 8:38pm On May 24, 2018
Centino well done we dy ur back, if d story will last forever we ur real fans won't give up dont mind bad belle ppl

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by phoenixchap: 8:47pm On May 24, 2018
@Cention, From the day one of this story I knew something fabulous was cooking and I have stayed glued all the way and I'm still loving it. The twist is dope and the winter deserves an accolades.

Irikefe sure will liberate Ndifreke like I always say mama Akunna's cup is at the brink wink

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by lumzybo: 9:16pm On May 24, 2018
@centino, I think your reply to the lady’s observations and points was a little too harsh #IMO.
Anyways, your story; your rule. Still I follow
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by johnpaschal(m): 9:36pm On May 24, 2018
Centino:

Hi Evathyst.

[i][/i]

hmmmm my broda you have said well.....you are an icon in the making

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by yehmy(m): 9:39pm On May 24, 2018
johnpaschal:

hmmmm my broda you have said well.....you are an icon in the making
Another learner in a John Apply some pascal code abeg don't quote long post last last see wetin you write
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by OkekeChristian(m): 10:22pm On May 24, 2018
My mind dey tell me say one day plenty things go happen for 225 Katakata Street sotey when I come check here I go see four updates in one day.

Make anybody tell me say I am out of my mind first... sad

Centino jisie ike. Your story is superb.

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (263) (Reply)

Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.