Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,000 members, 7,806,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

Restructuring: “I Was Falsely Reported” – Umahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring: “I Was Falsely Reported” – Umahi (15865 Views)

Sheikh Gumi To CJN: Leave Sharia Alone, Talk About Restructuring / SENATOR NA’ALLAH: We Dumped PDP In 2014 But Falsely Remained To Bury It / O.N Godwin Kisses Governor Umahi's Hand Severally At Event (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Restructuring: “I Was Falsely Reported” – Umahi by sirequity(m): 4:41pm On Jul 01, 2017
DAVID Umahi, Ebonyi State Governor, thursday deplored perceived unguarded use of the social media, lamenting that given its unregulated state, the platform possesses the tendency to destroy the country.

Umahi made the remark while answering question from State House correspondents over a report that he rejected the current calls for restructuring of the country particularly from the South.

A national daily had reported that Umahi strongly opposed the agitation for restructuring insisting that the state was not yet economically viable to seek independence.

The governor who denied ever opposing restructuring, said instead, he remained an advocate of restructuring, fairness and equity, insisting that if he were the president of Nigeria, he would take far reaching decision against the use of social media.

“First, l was falsely reported. What we said was that we stand for unity of our great country Nigeria. We stand for restructuring, a country where there is fairness, there is equity, there is love. If l were the president of this country, l will do something about the social media. I think it’s destroying our country.

“We have to agree to that and we are afraid of a bill being passed. I think everyone needs to account for whatever he or she writes. So, we stand for restructuring. We stand for a more united Nigeria where everyone will respect one another,” he said.

http://www.socialtimesng.net/2017/07/restructuring-falsely-reported-umahi/

Lalasticlala

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructuring: “I Was Falsely Reported” – Umahi by smartty68(m): 4:42pm On Jul 01, 2017
Hope you're saying the truth though! Social media owners are only doing their jobs though even though sometimes they go overboard!

Let's watch and see how restructuring Nigeria would end up
Re: Restructuring: “I Was Falsely Reported” – Umahi by kingjoo: 4:43pm On Jul 01, 2017
I, really was in doubt if a southerner, more so an igbo man will really said what he was reported as having said

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Restructuring: “I Was Falsely Reported” – Umahi by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 01, 2017
V
Re: Restructuring: “I Was Falsely Reported” – Umahi by BornAgainMay: 4:47pm On Jul 01, 2017
grin
Re: Restructuring: “I Was Falsely Reported” – Umahi by sirequity(m): 4:48pm On Jul 01, 2017
Okay
Re: Restructuring: “I Was Falsely Reported” – Umahi by Thedruggist: 5:00pm On Jul 01, 2017
Restructuring is the way out, if we do it today we must certainly do it tomorrow albeit painfully.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: “I Was Falsely Reported” – Umahi by Ereolamide: 5:07pm On Jul 01, 2017
This denial is even as stupid as the earlier comment.

Umahi just reiterated the label on Igbos as unity beggars i.e igbos can't fulfill their destiny without Nigeria, majority of your teeming population want an independent Igbo nation, but as the chairman of southeast governors forum you're screaming for restructured Nigeria maybe you're privileged to have some information that the masses aren't privy to about their subsistence in Biafra.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: “I Was Falsely Reported” – Umahi by kings09(m): 8:33pm On Jul 01, 2017
Dis is d time to restructure Nigeria
Re: Restructuring: “I Was Falsely Reported” – Umahi by maxiuc(m): 8:34pm On Jul 01, 2017
Who cares
Re: Restructuring: “I Was Falsely Reported” – Umahi by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lol
Re: Restructuring: “I Was Falsely Reported” – Umahi by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 01, 2017
Where is Sarrki and his BMC crew

11 Likes

Re: Restructuring: “I Was Falsely Reported” – Umahi by BiafraIShere(m): 8:35pm On Jul 01, 2017
Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: “I Was Falsely Reported” – Umahi by Teewhy2: 8:35pm On Jul 01, 2017
That is why GOD isn't planning to make you president of Nigeria, you ride on social media propaganda to get to the seat , but now because you are on the other side, you want to take a decision on how it is used. You are planning to take us back to primitive years, where we can't talk or ask questions. God is watching you in 3 D.

Are you building on a swampy area, want to do pile foundation /Need Roof parapet.
Reduce the building load by making use of polystyrene material for your roof parapet and slab.
Click below to get more information

https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: “I Was Falsely Reported” – Umahi by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 01, 2017
Ereolamide:
This denial is even as stupid as the earlier comment.

Umahi just reiterated the label on Igbos as unity beggars i.e igbos can't fulfill their destiny without Nigeria, majority of your teeming population want an independent Igbo nation, but as the chairman of southeast governors forum you're screaming for restructured Nigeria maybe you're privileged to have some information that the masses aren't privy to about their subsistence in Biafra.
Let's start with Restructuring first then division will be easier. Division now won't augur well for any region because no region has the wherewithal to survive as an independent country

12 Likes

Re: Restructuring: “I Was Falsely Reported” – Umahi by MrMcJay(m): 8:37pm On Jul 01, 2017
A national daily made the publication but Umahi is blaming bloggers.

Umahi should make up his mind. If he wants to be Okoro, let him be Okoro. If he wants to be Okafor, let him be Okafor. There's nothing like Okoroafor in this matter.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructuring: “I Was Falsely Reported” – Umahi by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 01, 2017
Re: Restructuring: “I Was Falsely Reported” – Umahi by oshe11: 8:39pm On Jul 01, 2017
kill em bloggers....

see wetyn linda cos...
All bloggers wan buy houx for banana island

#makebananafallonthemundecided
Re: Restructuring: “I Was Falsely Reported” – Umahi by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 01, 2017
What do you expect from a Igbo governor? He will obviously speak from the two sides of his mouth, as long as money is concerned, an average flatron will sell his generation unborn for money

Lets see how his flatron and flatroness will come out to defend his unguided statement as usual

8 Likes

Re: Restructuring: “I Was Falsely Reported” – Umahi by miqos02(m): 8:39pm On Jul 01, 2017
herd
Re: Restructuring: “I Was Falsely Reported” – Umahi by raker300: 8:39pm On Jul 01, 2017
Sarki and his fake news all the time...

Propaganda and the apc are like 5 & 6

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: “I Was Falsely Reported” – Umahi by slivertongue: 8:45pm On Jul 01, 2017
if he says yes to restructuring they complain if he says no to restructuring they complain for God's what do they want the man to say?
Re: Restructuring: “I Was Falsely Reported” – Umahi by Generalyemi(m): 8:45pm On Jul 01, 2017
I knew it.
Re: Restructuring: “I Was Falsely Reported” – Umahi by LastSurvivor11: 8:47pm On Jul 01, 2017
Why do you think Nigeria fear restructuring so MUCH

because it's the easiest way to separation..
Re: Restructuring: “I Was Falsely Reported” – Umahi by ajl: 8:48pm On Jul 01, 2017
These folks in government are really stupid. Thank God, someone like you will never become the president of this country. It's good that you are letting the people know what you could do if in power. You cannot take drastic action against such a platform that millions of Nigerians rely simply because one or couple of platform erred. The innocent should not be made to suffer because of that. Not surprised, still the stone-age level of thinking.
Re: Restructuring: “I Was Falsely Reported” – Umahi by bukynkwuenu: 8:50pm On Jul 01, 2017
they are all afraid that the internet has offered a platform to unite people and use it against them thieves...."touch not our internet".

besides I know umahi never said that
Re: Restructuring: “I Was Falsely Reported” – Umahi by Blue3k(m): 8:51pm On Jul 01, 2017
The governor who denied ever opposing restructuring, said instead, he remained an advocate of restructuring, fairness and equity, insisting that if he were the president of Nigeria, he would take far reaching decision against the use of social media.

Ok seems like misquote of century if we're supposed to believe this.

“When the issue of Biafra or restructuring is discussed, my heart jumps because Ebonyi State is not ripe for any. Ask yourself, what is it that we are producing? We totally depend on the federal government for allocation. Investors are not coming into the state and our IGR is nothing to write home about, because the idea of an investor is, supposing the allocation that comes from the centre stops, how do I get back my money”

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: “I Was Falsely Reported” – Umahi by unitysheart(m): 8:53pm On Jul 01, 2017
Uchihaitaci:
V
Land grabber.

sirequity:
Okay

Is that all?

Well well, Social media na bastard. If you want to know how, please ask Donald Trump.
Re: Restructuring: “I Was Falsely Reported” – Umahi by Olivebranches(m): 8:58pm On Jul 01, 2017
MrMcJay:
A national daily made the publication but Umahi is blaming bloggers.

Umahi should make up his mind. If he wants to be Okoro, let him be Okoro. If he wants to be Okafor, let him be Okafor. There's nothing like Okoroafor in this matter.

Don't mind him. He nearly a journalist, Charles Otu working for vanguard. Charles did a thorough analysis of his tenure so far and compared it to his campaign promises, then posted it on Facebook. He nearly killed the young man. Just Google it "Charles otu journalist nearly killed" you will see full detail. The man is still lamenting about that post. And Charles Otu always do critical review of his policies in ebonyi through Facebook
Re: Restructuring: “I Was Falsely Reported” – Umahi by psalmsjob: 9:00pm On Jul 01, 2017
The social media is the number one restructure tool.

If someone writes something false about you then write about the truth instead...it should be a free world.

You can't muzzle the social media Mr. Wannabe President just as you sent your boys to beat up a blogger recently, for your mind you wan be presido where Nnamdi Cownu deygrin campaign for Anambra and Biafrau.d emperor grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Am Fortified, No Kidnapper Can Dare Try To Abduct Me - Oluwo Of Iwo / Nominate Your Preferred Candidate For 2015 Presidential Election . / 2015 Budget: Rich Nigerians To Pay More For Luxurious Lifestyle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.