Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:33 PM

I Urgently Need A Complete Engine For Alfa Romeo 147. 2001 Model - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Urgently Need A Complete Engine For Alfa Romeo 147. 2001 Model (1356 Views)

Alfa Romeo Mockingly Praised Mercedes-benz, BMW And Audi In These Funny Ads / Using Car Engine For Generator / Driving Alfa Romeo In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Urgently Need A Complete Engine For Alfa Romeo 147. 2001 Model by marafaMadegee(m): 7:03pm On Jul 01, 2017
Please house, i have been searching fruitlessly for alfa romeo 147 engine to replace the weak one in my car. Any dealer should please comment or any other advice would be appreciated.
Re: I Urgently Need A Complete Engine For Alfa Romeo 147. 2001 Model by TPound(m): 10:20pm On Jul 01, 2017
marafaMadegee:
Please house, i have been searching fruitlessly for alfa romeo 147 engine to replace the weak one in my car. Any dealer should please comment or any other advice would be appreciated.

upload a pic of the car and let's know the next solution
Re: I Urgently Need A Complete Engine For Alfa Romeo 147. 2001 Model by DaimlerBen(m): 11:16pm On Jul 01, 2017
marafaMadegee:
What engine type?
Have you scanned?
If the engine is really the fault, importation may be your only option as I have never seen an Alfa Romeo live.
Re: I Urgently Need A Complete Engine For Alfa Romeo 147. 2001 Model by chiefbuchiV12(m): 11:41pm On Jul 01, 2017
DaimlerBen:

What engine type?
Have you scanned?
If the engine is really the fault, importation may be your only option as I have never seen an Alfa Romeo live.
There are Alfa Romeo's and I've seen a couple of them though they're very rare........
Importation is the only option as you stated

1 Like

Re: I Urgently Need A Complete Engine For Alfa Romeo 147. 2001 Model by DaimlerBen(m): 11:52pm On Jul 01, 2017
chiefbuchiV12:

There are Alfa Romeo's and I've seen a couple of them though they're very rare........
Importation is the only option as you stated
I know there are, just haven't seen any, to show how rare they are.
Re: I Urgently Need A Complete Engine For Alfa Romeo 147. 2001 Model by chiefbuchiV12(m): 12:02am On Jul 02, 2017
Can't even remember when last I saw one cool
Re: I Urgently Need A Complete Engine For Alfa Romeo 147. 2001 Model by Nobody: 12:58am On Jul 02, 2017
marafaMadegee:

Not my cup of tea, but I just have to salute you for having class and distinction in what you drive. In a sea of humdrum Hondas/Acuras/Kias and other nondescript vehicles yours will stand out.

You, Sir, are a Man amongst Men in Nigerian drivers.

4 Likes

Re: I Urgently Need A Complete Engine For Alfa Romeo 147. 2001 Model by chiefbuchiV12(m): 1:46am On Jul 02, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Not my cup of tea, but I just have to salute you for having class and distinction in what you drive. In a sea of humdrum Hondas/Acuras/Kias and other nondescript vehicles yours will stand out.

You, Sir, are a Man amongst Men in Nigerian drivers.
When I see an Alfa Romeo go by, I
tip my hat.
— Henry Ford talking with Ugo
Gobbato in 1939

2 Likes

Re: I Urgently Need A Complete Engine For Alfa Romeo 147. 2001 Model by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 02, 2017
chiefbuchiV12:

When I see an Alfa Romeo go by, I
tip my hat.
— Henry Ford talking with Ugo
Gobbato in 1939

Lets be honest here, is it really worth it owning an Alfa Romeo 147 in Nigeria? It is just a small family car, nothing special. Apart from the fact that u will probably have to convert it from RHD to LHD, u will also need to import all ur parts. For what? For an ordinary car that is not marginally better than a civic type R or VW golf. Its not worth it, there are better options, unless of course the owner has a sentimental attachement to the car.

1 Like

Re: I Urgently Need A Complete Engine For Alfa Romeo 147. 2001 Model by marafaMadegee(m): 8:13am On Jul 02, 2017
TPound:

upload a pic of the car and let's know the next solution
Its a 1.6 twin spark engine and has eight plugs.

Re: I Urgently Need A Complete Engine For Alfa Romeo 147. 2001 Model by marafaMadegee(m): 8:18am On Jul 02, 2017
greenhulk:

Lets be honest here, is it really worth it owning an Alfa Romeo 147 in Nigeria? It is just a small family car, nothing special. Apart from the fact that u will probably have to convert it from RHD to LHD, u will also need to import all ur parts. For what? For an ordinary car that is not marginally better than a civic type R or VW golf. Its not worth it, there are better options, unless of course the owner has a sentimental attachement to the car.
Most of its spare part are available in lagos except for the engine, you can not compare alfa 147 to honda in terms of strengnth and speed, in fact even durability. Have you ride one of the alfa romeo's?

2 Likes

Re: I Urgently Need A Complete Engine For Alfa Romeo 147. 2001 Model by marafaMadegee(m): 8:21am On Jul 02, 2017
DaimlerBen:

What engine type?
Have you scanned?
Of course it is faulty! The timing belt got cut out, and didnt realize that on time and kept kicking the egine and itaffected the valves! So the best thing is to replace another one, im just thinking is it to get to cotonou or there are dealers around lagos.
Re: I Urgently Need A Complete Engine For Alfa Romeo 147. 2001 Model by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 02, 2017
marafaMadegee:

Most of its spare part are available in lagos except for the engine, you can not compare alfa 147 to honda in terms of strengnth and speed, in fact even durability. Have you ride one of the alfa romeo's?

Bro I'm not comparing Honda with Alfa Romeo, just saying the 147 is in the same class as Honda Civic type R (That's the civic sold only in europe). Forget the name, its just that Nigerians get carried away by things that are not common. Not saying Alfa Romeos are not good, but the 147 is just a small car.

1 Like

Re: I Urgently Need A Complete Engine For Alfa Romeo 147. 2001 Model by marafaMadegee(m): 8:41am On Jul 02, 2017
greenhulk:

Bro I'm not comparing Honda with Alfa Romeo, just saying the 147 is in the same class as Honda Civic type R (That's the civic sold only in europe). Forget the name, its just that Nigerians get carried away by things that are not common. Not saying Alfa Romeos are not good, but the 147 is just a small car.
Oh! Sorry bro, now i get you! Yes its a small car, i bought mine 2014 as a toks

1 Like

Re: I Urgently Need A Complete Engine For Alfa Romeo 147. 2001 Model by TPound(m): 8:55am On Jul 02, 2017
brother,this is naija,people with the most talent is fabricating... WhatsApp me on 08929898808 let's talk. I have an alternative for you.
Re: I Urgently Need A Complete Engine For Alfa Romeo 147. 2001 Model by chiefbuchiV12(m): 12:51pm On Jul 02, 2017
greenhulk:

So not true as most Alfa Romeos are built in LHD.....

1 Like

Re: I Urgently Need A Complete Engine For Alfa Romeo 147. 2001 Model by nurey(m): 5:29pm On Jul 02, 2017
I see two of this cars everyday, a red sporty one and a silver one, to tell you the truth both are owned by mechanics, the silver one is fitted with a Toyota engine, I have not peeped in the bonnet of the red one.

2 Likes

Re: I Urgently Need A Complete Engine For Alfa Romeo 147. 2001 Model by marafaMadegee(m): 8:49pm On Jul 02, 2017
nurey:
I see two of this cars everyday, a red sporty one and a silver one, to tell you the truth both are owned by mechanics, the silver one is fitted with a Toyota engine, I have not peeped in the bonnet of the red one.
Yeah, most people do engine conversion, it cost thrice the price of the engine. Its better to replace its real one. Was it at lagos you saw the cars?

1 Like

Re: I Urgently Need A Complete Engine For Alfa Romeo 147. 2001 Model by marafaMadegee(m): 8:50pm On Jul 02, 2017
TPound:
brother,this is naija,people with the most talent is fabricating... WhatsApp me on 08929898808 let's talk. I have an alternative for you.
Ok, tnx man
Re: I Urgently Need A Complete Engine For Alfa Romeo 147. 2001 Model by nurey(m): 4:37am On Jul 03, 2017
marafaMadegee:

Yeah, most people do engine conversion, it cost thrice the price of the engine. Its better to replace its real one. Was it at lagos you saw the cars?

Yes
Re: I Urgently Need A Complete Engine For Alfa Romeo 147. 2001 Model by Autopartz: 10:27am On Jul 03, 2017
marafaMadegee:

The Alfa Romeo Engine is very much available though in Lagos. Contact us for further enquiries via our email address in our signature.

1 Like

Re: I Urgently Need A Complete Engine For Alfa Romeo 147. 2001 Model by marafaMadegee(m): 10:54am On Jul 03, 2017
Autopartz:

The Alfa Romeo Engine is very much available though in Lagos. Contact us for further enquiries via our email address in our signature.
I have just mailed you sir

(1) (Reply)

What Is Turbo Charger / Sweet Deal For Toyota Sienna / Center Motor Registry CMR AKA( Police Vehicle Clearance)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.