Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,535 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:01 PM

The Mid-life Crisis. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Mid-life Crisis. (20242 Views)

BBNaija: Praise & Ka3na Caught On Camera Knacking In The Mid-Night / A Nairalander Weds Amid Coronavirus Crisis / Toasting A Huge Mid 40s Lady While I'm Mid 30s.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Mid-life Crisis. by Toks2008(m): 10:07pm On Jul 01, 2017
According to Wikipedia;A midlife crisis is a transition of identity and self-confidence that can occur in middle aged individuals. While it is universally believed that this crisis occurs in individuals of 40 years and beyond, I have come to realize that this is also applicable in our romantic affairs with the opposite sex at different ages.

In most cases,after marriage,Many men still live as though they are still single and they would still make decisions without carrying their wives along,act foolishly and irrationally.

Some married ladies on the other hand just get married just for the sake of bearing that Mrs but still live their life as single ladies and lacking the vital qualities of a genuinely married lady.

The mid life crisis of the man is usually any period from age 30 to 50 when he is expected to be married while that of a lady can be any period from age 20 to 35. The period varies from one person to another but it is one phase most people must pass through and while some people are disciplined enough to control the crisis,some allow the crisis control them.

As we progress in age,the crisis usually reduces...During the mid life crisis of a man from age 30 when he is usually ready for commitment,there is an inner crisis he experiences when he will keep asking if he is really ready for commitment thereby exhibiting some crazy acts that may likely make the lady leave the union....but as he grows in age,he begins to overcome the crisis and by the time he is approaching the 40s or 50s,he suddenly realizes the need to get a grip of himself.

For the lady,at the age of 20 to 25 she just does not care and to her it's about catching fun and as she approaches age 30 she starts to realize the need to calm down and once she clocks 35 and above,there is an unexplained calmness that she starts to exhibit.

The bottom line is that most marriages that crash could actually survive if they can only tolerate their spouse at this passing phase.*This is the secret of marital longevity.

Domestic violence is also part of mid life crisis but it's never an act to tolerate but can be reported to the authorities so that it can be checked.

Stay in your marriage cos every marriage has its own peculiar problems..just be determined

Don't know if this makes sense.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Mid-life Crisis. by ElizaVeta(f): 10:10pm On Jul 01, 2017
Biko,whats the name of this Literature book undecided
Re: The Mid-life Crisis. by Deadshot(m): 10:11pm On Jul 01, 2017
I'll be back to comment grin
Re: The Mid-life Crisis. by Deadshot(m): 10:12pm On Jul 01, 2017
Heromaniaa:

Link ?
Re: The Mid-life Crisis. by ElizaVeta(f): 10:13pm On Jul 01, 2017
Deadshot:
I'll be back to comment grin
See your yeye teeth.... na only 3 you get undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mid-life Crisis. by Toks2008(m): 10:14pm On Jul 01, 2017
Deadshot:

Link ?
My brain is the source

4 Likes

Re: The Mid-life Crisis. by Deadshot(m): 10:15pm On Jul 01, 2017
ElizaVeta:
See your yeye teeth.... na only 3 you get undecided

Heheh ....lemme comment now
Re: The Mid-life Crisis. by VargasVee(m): 10:16pm On Jul 01, 2017
ElizaVeta:
Biko,whats the name of this Literature book undecided

Confucianism grin

He was making sense till I don't know, he kind of drifted away from the point.
Re: The Mid-life Crisis. by Deadshot(m): 10:17pm On Jul 01, 2017
Toks2008:

My brain is the source

Smh....where in your brain?...i cant wait lemme just dig through grin
Re: The Mid-life Crisis. by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 01, 2017
i want to commentsuicide cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Who want read this manual on how to sleep while reading cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Mid-life Crisis. by Toks2008(m): 10:20pm On Jul 01, 2017
VargasVee:

Confucianism grin

He was making sense till I don't know, he kind of drifted away from the point.

Thank God you confessed that you don't know where I drifted away.
Re: The Mid-life Crisis. by BiafraBushBoy(m): 10:24pm On Jul 01, 2017
I am just gonna pretend like I read this long epistle with no bearing.

Who else is gonna pretend with me? wink

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mid-life Crisis. by VargasVee(m): 10:27pm On Jul 01, 2017
Toks2008:

Thank God you confessed that you don't know where I drifted away.

LMAO. Your posts makes sense often. This one got me lost at the middle of it.

1 Like

Re: The Mid-life Crisis. by jhudit(f): 10:28pm On Jul 01, 2017
Crises?
Or Crisis?

Mid life crisis in women happens often between ages 20-30?
That's a new discovery.

2 Likes

Re: The Mid-life Crisis. by Toks2008(m): 10:36pm On Jul 01, 2017
lalasticlala
Re: The Mid-life Crisis. by Cholls(m): 10:38pm On Jul 01, 2017
my brother Toks2008 for me I think the midlife crisis stereotype is aimed at a guy in his 50s that leaves his wife for a younger girl and gets a Porsche 911 Carrera .

11 Likes

Re: The Mid-life Crisis. by Maduawuchukwu(m): 10:38pm On Jul 01, 2017
This is very true. I saw this first hand in my parents situation.
Re: The Mid-life Crisis. by Toks2008(m): 10:38pm On Jul 01, 2017
VargasVee:

LMAO. Your posts makes sense often. This one got me lost at the middle of it.

In most cases if you don't meticulously read my articles you may not get the message.

1 Like

Re: The Mid-life Crisis. by Toks2008(m): 10:40pm On Jul 01, 2017
Cholls:
my brother Toks2008 for me I think the midlife crisis stereotype is aimed at a guy in his 50s that leaves his wife for a younger girl and gets a Porsche 911 Carrera .

As I wrote... it varies with individuals but I only gave a hypothetical age that holds true for many ....and ofcourse there is always an exception to every rule.

2 Likes

Re: The Mid-life Crisis. by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 01, 2017
I think the major reason most relationships and marriages fail today is because the man feels there is no need to notify the woman before he makes any decision that affects the family. I don't know if this is as a result of the fact that he thinks the woman is too impatient.

To the men, please respect your women and always seek their opinion in ANY decision you are about to make.

Ps: If you're in ANY abusive relationship —be it psychologically, sexually and any other area— just QUIT

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Mid-life Crisis. by Cholls(m): 10:51pm On Jul 01, 2017
Toks2008:

As I wrote... it varies with individuals but I only gave a hypothetical age that holds true for many ....and ofcourse there is always an exception to every rule.
my brother you dont get it...Many believe that men go through a midlife crisis when they are in middle age. Not quite. Many middle-aged men do go
through midlife crises, but it's not because they are middle-aged. It's because their wives are. From the evolutionary psychological perspective, a man's midlife crisis is precipitated by his wife's imminent
menopause and end of her reproductive career, and thus his renewed need to attract younger women. Accordingly, a 50-year-old man married to a 25-year-old woman would not go through a midlife crisis, while a 25-year-old man married to a 50-year-old woman would, just like a more typical 50-year-old man married to a 50-year-old woman. It's not his midlife that matters; it's hers. When he buys a shiny-red sports car, he's not trying to regain his youth; he's trying to attract young women to replace his menopausal wife by trumpeting his flash and cash.

7 Likes

Re: The Mid-life Crisis. by Toks2008(m): 10:55pm On Jul 01, 2017
Cholls:
my brother you dont get it...Many believe that men go through a midlife crisis when they are in middle age. Not quite. Many middle-aged men do go
through midlife crises, but it's not because they are middle-aged. It's because their wives are. From the evolutionary psychological perspective, a man's midlife crisis is precipitated by his wife's imminent
menopause and end of her reproductive career, and thus his renewed need to attract younger women. Accordingly, a 50-year-old man married to a 25-year-old woman would not go through a midlife crisis, while a 25-year-old man married to a 50-year-old woman would, just like a more typical 50-year-old man married to a 50-year-old woman. It's not his midlife that matters; it's hers. When he buys a shiny-red sports car, he's not trying to regain his youth; he's trying to attract young women to replace his menopausal wife by trumpeting his flash and cash.

This angle you dey go pass me. What I'm talking about is varying ages that determines mid life crisis in both sexes and a 50 year old man must be ready to cope with that crisis that might be experienced by the 25year old lady.

Little wonder why most older men know how to treat a lady cos they have passed that stage of inner crisis
Re: The Mid-life Crisis. by Politicalapathy: 10:57pm On Jul 01, 2017
Re: The Mid-life Crisis. by Toks2008(m): 10:57pm On Jul 01, 2017
DrGraveYardz:
m

n

S..B..A..N(Space bookers association of Nairaland) member

Re: The Mid-life Crisis. by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 01, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin
Is it a crime to put my toe in your compound before I walk in fully?

Toks2008:

n

S..B..A..N(Space bookers association of Nairaland) member
Re: The Mid-life Crisis. by Cholls(m): 11:05pm On Jul 01, 2017
Toks2008:

This angle you dey go pass me. What I'm talking about is varying ages that determines mid life crisis in both sexes and a 50 year old man must be ready to cope with that crisis that might be experienced by the 25year old lady.

Little wonder why most older men know how to treat a lady cos they have passed that stage of inner crisis
my brother the reality will now be...by the time the lady is in her 40's and 50s the man will be happily dead.

1 Like

Re: The Mid-life Crisis. by Allwility: 11:17pm On Jul 01, 2017
Toks and fallacy of hasty generalization

6 Likes

Re: The Mid-life Crisis. by Elijahhopelarry(m): 11:30pm On Jul 01, 2017
Re: The Mid-life Crisis. by Toks2008(m): 11:36pm On Jul 01, 2017
Allwility:
Toks and fallacy of hasty generalization

Did you really go through the write up? I doubt.
Re: The Mid-life Crisis. by Toks2008(m): 4:56pm On Jul 02, 2017
DrGraveYardz:
grin grin grin grin grin
Is it a crime to put my toe in your compound before I walk in fully?

LOL just funny.
Re: The Mid-life Crisis. by octopusfreaky(f): 5:17pm On Jul 02, 2017
Toks preach to them ooo, A preacher once said marriage is not fun but hardwork.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Whats So Special About Igbo Girls?? / Reason Why Sex Are Free/abused In South Africa / Masturbation Is One Hell Of An Addiction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.