Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,819 members, 7,806,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

Summer 2017 Anime Roundup: First Impressions. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Summer 2017 Anime Roundup: First Impressions. (538 Views)

Anime I MIGHT Follow For Summer 2017 Season / Winter 2017 Anime First Impressions:kuzu No Honkai / Anime This Winter 2017: Onihei: First Impressions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Summer 2017 Anime Roundup: First Impressions. by Nobody: 5:33am On Jul 02, 2017
Yo....animelanders!

As we all know....the Summer 2017 season is here...and the new anime are already coming fresh out of the oven....piping hot and ready for sampling!

I will be posting my first impressions of the new anime that I have watched so far. So....let's go there.

1.Kakegurui aka Compulsive Gambler.

Synopsis (from My anime list)

Hyakkaou Private Academy. An institution for the privileged with a very peculiar curriculum. You see, when you're the sons and daughters of the wealthiest of the wealthy, it's not athletic prowess or book smarts that keep you ahead. It's reading your opponent, the art of the deal. What better way to hone those skills than with a rigorous curriculum of gambling? At Hyakkaou Private Academy, the winners live like kings, and the losers are put through the wringer. But when Yumeko Jabami enrolls, she's gonna teach these kids what a high roller really looks like!

First Impressions

I was not really expecting to be interested in this anime...and was considering dropping it few minutes into Episode 1...then Yumeko walks into the room....and starts running things like a boss....
On the whole...this isn't an action anime...more like cerebral athletics....but should be interesting for lovers of the school genre, and those who like 'thinking' anime. And the opening theme....some cool jazz beats there.

Let's hope it lives up to the hype.

That Yumenko lady......evil.....EEE Evi ll!

Where to watch:Here
Re: Summer 2017 Anime Roundup: First Impressions. by Nobody: 5:41am On Jul 02, 2017
2. Enmusubi no youko-chan (Fox Spirit Matchmaker)....aka Huyao Xiao Hongniang

Based off a Chinese manhua....(and produced by Haloliners) , it is an anime about a Fox spirit matchmaker who matches people who in past lives were in love.

(Sounds interesting).

First impressions

MC;s seem funny enough. The show looks like it might be interesting. This is the same studios that did one of my favourite anime from last year (To be hero)....so they would do well here.

Where to watch: http://www.animeseason.com/enmusubi-no-youko-chan/

(1) (Reply)

Pa. Adebayo Faleti Is Dead / Avengers: Infinity War! Featuring The Guardians Of The Galaxy / Hilarious-video As Celestial Church Dance To Olamide Music ( WO )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.