Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,815 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

Wanted Urgently. Engine Number Locator - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Wanted Urgently. Engine Number Locator (2418 Views)

Where Is The Engine Number Of Toyota Matrix Located? / Engine Number Location Lexus RX330 / Vehicle Registration With No Engine Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wanted Urgently. Engine Number Locator by sooperrescue(m): 9:33am On Jul 02, 2017
In line with the new trend for vehicle inspection, we urgently seek experienced candidates to be able to locate engine numbers on all vehicles. The job entails working with the police in collecting data for all vehicles in the country The successful candidates will be needed in Lagos Awka Abuja and Minna. Send us your details to info@arcnigeria.com

Re: Wanted Urgently. Engine Number Locator by bravolad(m): 12:03pm On Jul 02, 2017
sooperrescue:
In line with the new trend for vehicle inspection, we urgently seek experienced candidates to be able to locate engine numbers on all vehicles. The job entails working with the police in collecting data for all vehicles in the country The successful candidates will be needed in Lagos Awka Abuja and Minna. Send us your details to info@arcnigeria.com

Whatever experience the person has, you cannot locate the engine number of some vehicles without have to either dismantle the engine or bring it down for the engine bay. For instance, 2ar - fe, 3MZ - FE etc.

These engine numbers are hidden on areas hard to locate. So they officers need to be properly guided before the destroy people's cars in an attempt to get the engine.

This is also why some cars are registered with the engine number as nil.

2 Likes

Re: Wanted Urgently. Engine Number Locator by sooperrescue(m): 12:59pm On Jul 02, 2017
That is true but it is possible. It is a case of improved national security and we have already identified a lot of the engine numbers especially for the Range Rover brand
Re: Wanted Urgently. Engine Number Locator by bravolad(m): 1:10pm On Jul 02, 2017
sooperrescue:
That is true but it is possible. It is a case of improved national security and we have already identified a lot of the engine numbers especially for the Range Rover brand

For National Security, you're better off working with the vin. This is what obtains in Europe and America including other developed worlds. Car Engine can be replaced but you can't change a car's vin. Even with an altered vin, the specific vehicle could still be tracked.

It's also very easy to access then vin rather than the engine number which for most cars, is hidden.

8 Likes

Re: Wanted Urgently. Engine Number Locator by mayor2013: 1:20pm On Jul 02, 2017
A scan tool also helps in this regard
Re: Wanted Urgently. Engine Number Locator by sooperrescue(m): 1:47pm On Jul 02, 2017
Please Mayor2013, help with the scan tool. I will appreciate. The concept for the bcmr is a total surveillance of your vehicle. If a car is stolen and disassembled, there is no way that vehicle will be found. Even when you buy an engine and you get a police report, the information stays at the police station. If a stolen car engine is sold and it is recorded on the bcmr platform, the car will be good for nothing, I don't know how much a thief will make selling engine components and so the thought of stealing will be eliminated. The police with the engine number can detect a stolen vehicle even years later
Re: Wanted Urgently. Engine Number Locator by mayor2013: 1:59pm On Jul 02, 2017
sooperrescue:
Please Mayor2013, help with the scan tool. I will appreciate. The concept for the bcmr is a total surveillance of your vehicle. If a car is stolen and disassembled, there is no way that vehicle will be found. Even when you buy an engine and you get a police report, the information stays at the police station. If a stolen car engine is sold and it is recorded on the bcmr platform, the car will be good for nothing, I don't know how much a thief will make selling engine components and so the thought of stealing will be eliminated. The police with the engine number can detect a stolen vehicle even years later

Nigerian police using a scan tool grin
Re: Wanted Urgently. Engine Number Locator by mayor2013: 2:01pm On Jul 02, 2017
Most modern professional scan tools can do this
Re: Wanted Urgently. Engine Number Locator by sooperrescue(m): 2:41pm On Jul 02, 2017
Give me a name. Don't underestimate the new determined police force
Re: Wanted Urgently. Engine Number Locator by mayor2013: 2:53pm On Jul 02, 2017
sooperrescue:

Autel maxi sys elite
Re: Wanted Urgently. Engine Number Locator by ugreat(m): 3:20pm On Jul 02, 2017
sooperrescue:
It will be nice seeing a working npf website to start from.

1 Like

Re: Wanted Urgently. Engine Number Locator by sooperrescue(m): 3:48pm On Jul 02, 2017
From next week, you can use the same tinted permit website for your bcmr. Fill the form and come to the inspection center where you obtain your roadworthy certificate, your bcmr card with the tinted permit portion shaded if your car is tinted, this card has all your vehicle's details, insurance, vehicle license all linked to the police central registry in abuja. Mayor2013, thanks I will check it out
Re: Wanted Urgently. Engine Number Locator by pswglobal(m): 8:20pm On Jul 03, 2022
sooperrescue:
I need sooperrescue phone contact
Re: Wanted Urgently. Engine Number Locator by sooperrescue(m): 11:52pm On Jul 21, 2022
pswglobal:
I need sooperrescue phone contact

How are you doing. It's been long. My number is 08098534267
Re: Wanted Urgently. Engine Number Locator by pswglobal(m): 10:12am On Jul 24, 2022
sooperrescue:

How are you doing. It's been long. My number is 08098534267
thnks sir. I ve ur contact already tot it was a fresh intelligent auto guru.
Re: Wanted Urgently. Engine Number Locator by soloehis(m): 11:08am On Jul 24, 2022
Don't stress ur self with the engine number palava if you can't find urs ..just get an affidavit and police extract stating that at the point of registration the engine number could not be accessed.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Miss Belvedere,A Plymouth Belvedere Sport Coupe,Buried Underground For 50yrs / Mazda Mpv Begins To Overheat Anytime Engage In Reverse / Please Help! !! S550 Or E 350?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.