Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,437 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:27 PM

No End In Sight To My Medical Problems; I Might Be Dying Slowly - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / No End In Sight To My Medical Problems; I Might Be Dying Slowly (39137 Views)

Help!!!! Am I Losing My Sight?? / Coronavirus: Cure In Sight As Australian Scientists Recreate Virus / Nigeria Suffers Severe Heatwave With No Relief In Sight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No End In Sight To My Medical Problems; I Might Be Dying Slowly by israelmao(m): 6:28pm On Jul 02, 2017
This infirmity shall not overwhelm you in Jesis' name!
Re: No End In Sight To My Medical Problems; I Might Be Dying Slowly by askjohnprosper: 6:28pm On Jul 02, 2017
come to OPM. God will deal with these issue. no payment. Come to OPM portharcourt
Re: No End In Sight To My Medical Problems; I Might Be Dying Slowly by dfactor: 6:31pm On Jul 02, 2017
@CrescentMoon.

Sorry about your travails. But have you tried Ruzu Herbal Bitters?

You can look it up online.

It has garnered quite a following of recent as it has proved VERY helpful in addressing quite a number of ailments for the simple reason that it addresses lots of ailments from their fundamental origin - OXIDATIVE STRESS - which is at the root of loads of health issues.

Give it a try. You never know. It might do you a world of good.

It's quite affordable as well.

For more information contact Whatsapp 08086262385

All the best.
Re: No End In Sight To My Medical Problems; I Might Be Dying Slowly by captaing59(m): 6:34pm On Jul 02, 2017
gσ ℓσσк fσя вℓα¢к ѕєє∂ αи∂ вℓα¢к ѕєє∂ σιℓ αи∂ α∂∂ ιт тσ уσυя ∂ιєт.ι вєℓιєνє ιт ωσυℓ∂ яємє∂у уσυя ѕιтυαтισи
Re: No End In Sight To My Medical Problems; I Might Be Dying Slowly by Keebee4bowale: 6:41pm On Jul 02, 2017
Pls go and see doctor at teaching hospitals. Even d antibiotics is not OK to be taken everyday.
Re: No End In Sight To My Medical Problems; I Might Be Dying Slowly by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 02, 2017
Looks like something i have been dealing with bro. Do all test and everything willbe okay.

Go to the hospital. Run a test for H.Pylori If it comes back Positive, email me and i will tell u what have helped me eradicate it as triple therapy did no jack for me and all those cimetidine you are taking are useless trust me - i've been on this for the past 10yrs and just sucessfully eradicated h pylori

ceejay@ceejaycharles.com

CrescentMoon:
The first time I became aware of me falling sick was in 2007. I was 26 at the time. Since then it has been a myriad of medical troubles.

It has been cycles of malaria, bacterial infections, disc problems and headache. Every night, I take drugs before I could be able to sleep. I always have antimalarials, antibiotics, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and muscle relaxants handy. If malaria symptoms occur, I would take antimalarials and there would be improvement within minutes. And would then complete the dosage in 3 days. By fourth day, symptoms of bacteria infection would occur; I would take ciprofloxacin and get relieved within minutes. Once I complete the dosage, headache would strike, and once aspirin is taken, I get well. But I would keep repeating aspirin every night until gastric ulceration sets in. I would then buy omeprasole and cimetidine to treat ulcer. While ulcer treatment is ongoing, malaria would strike again, and I would take antimalarials. If antimalarials don't work, I would know that the symptoms are bacterial and take antibiotic. If there is no relief, I would combine antimalarials and antibiotic and there would be a relief. It has been like this since 2007. I don't go to hospital again because I have grown to know these symptoms and what doctors would prescribe.

For the past 2 weeks, I have been battling 'herniated disc' problem in my lower back. It started the day I bent down suddenly and I heard a snapping sound at my back bone. I started using norflex, calcium supplement and diclofenac. I feel mild relief because I can't stop my daily hustle to rest while the disc heals. If I dont work in a day, I won't eat or pay bills.

Note that I undergo HIV test almost weekly.

How do the poor tackle medical problems in this hellhole of a country?

Lalasticlala, please help me move this to fp.
Re: No End In Sight To My Medical Problems; I Might Be Dying Slowly by Badgers14: 6:49pm On Jul 02, 2017
CrescentMoon:
The first time I became aware of me falling sick was in 2007. I was 26 at the time. Since then it has been a myriad of medical troubles.

It has been cycles of malaria, bacterial infections, disc problems and headache. Every night, I take drugs before I could be able to sleep. I always have antimalarials, antibiotics, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and muscle relaxants handy. If malaria symptoms occur, I would take antimalarials and there would be improvement within minutes. And would then complete the dosage in 3 days. By fourth day, symptoms of bacteria infection would occur; I would take ciprofloxacin and get relieved within minutes. Once I complete the dosage, headache would strike, and once aspirin is taken, I get well. But I would keep repeating aspirin every night until gastric ulceration sets in. I would then buy omeprasole and cimetidine to treat ulcer. While ulcer treatment is ongoing, malaria would strike again, and I would take antimalarials. If antimalarials don't work, I would know that the symptoms are bacterial and take antibiotic. If there is no relief, I would combine antimalarials and antibiotic and there would be a relief. It has been like this since 2007. I don't go to hospital again because I have grown to know these symptoms and what doctors would prescribe.

For the past 2 weeks, I have been battling 'herniated disc' problem in my lower back. It started the day I bent down suddenly and I heard a snapping sound at my back bone. I started using norflex, calcium supplement and diclofenac. I feel mild relief because I can't stop my daily hustle to rest while the disc heals. If I dont work in a day, I won't eat or pay bills.

Self medication is very very bad...

( Aside: Have you heard about " adverse drug reaction" ? ).

A lot of times, we might feel symptoms of malaria, Typhoid or so... But most times it is not.

Also headache is a precursor of sth else.

I remember what my dad used to tell me when I was little, if i complain of headache, this that feeling sick bla bla bla.

The first thing he asks me would be, how was your day in school? Did you play foot ball? For how long, what did you eat in school? What did you eat when you got home. Have you felt this way before? When?

Then next, he will say, Ok go take a shower, eat and sleep.. After you wake up , let me know how you feel.

To be frank in my mind at that time, I was like which kin man be dis sef, instead of giving me money to buy pandol or procold or novalgene as the case might be.. He is asking me useless questions.. This man is stingy..

But my brother as I became an adult, I realized what my dad was doing.. To be frank most times after taking a shower, eating, sleeping when i wake up, I forget about my Headache.

The point of mentioning this story to you is, not everything requires medication, lot of times we need to reassess ourself: food we eat, activities we partake in, people we associate ourself with.

Here is a scenario, if you are living an honest life, hussling to make ends meet.. Then one of friends is a yahoo guy , changing cars and women like diapers , whenever he sees you , he buys you a drink, he dresses nice, tells you stories about when he went on holiday in morocco, the chick he slept with and so, showing you pictures..

My brother that scenerio is enough to make someone feel they are have internal bleeding grin grin

So my brother, I will suggest you stop the medications for now especially the anti biotics. Rexamine your self, the food you eat, your activities both at your leisure and at your work place and the people around you both family and friends... Remember no medicine like peace of mind and surronding yourself with positive people.

Then eat natural fruits, if you feel you need medical help please do not go to a chemist or buy drugs yourself... Go see a doctor and a federal medical center or general hospital or any hospital if you feel comfortable at.

Also surround your self with positive energy, people that share similar vision and passion like you do.

I have friends that i can call if i am pissed off at work to vent my frustration, I do call my brother too.. We can talk for 2 -3 hours on the phone ( I live in a foreign country). What's app could work also... That will help you relieve stress.

2 Likes

Re: No End In Sight To My Medical Problems; I Might Be Dying Slowly by InvertedHammer: 6:53pm On Jul 02, 2017
You have been going for HIV test every week since 2006.

52 weeks/year x 10 years = 520 weeks.

So you have done 520 HIV tests.

Why?

Have you considered that your problem may be more psychiatry than medical? Just saying.

\
Re: No End In Sight To My Medical Problems; I Might Be Dying Slowly by reuben79: 7:05pm On Jul 02, 2017
CrescentMoon:

It has been cycles of malaria, bacterial infections, disc problems and headache. Every night, I take drugs before I could be able to sleep. I always have antimalarials, antibiotics, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and muscle relaxants handy. If malaria symptoms occur, I would take antimalarials and there would be improvement within minutes. And would then complete the dosage in 3 days. By fourth day, symptoms of bacteria infection would occur; I urwould take ciprofloxacin and get relieved within minutes. Once I complete the dosage, headache would strike, and uonce aspirin is taken, I get well. But I would keep repeating aspirin every night until gastric ulceration sets in. I would then buy omeprasole and cimetidine to treat ulcer. While ulcer treatment is ongoing, malaria would strike again, and I would take antimalarials. If antimalarials don't work, I would know that the symptoms are bacterial and take antibiotic. If there is no relief, I would combine antimalarials and antibiotic and there would be a relief. It has been like this since 2007. I don't go to hospital again because I have grown to know these symptoms and what doctors would prescribe.

u nd our president ve thesame sickness,ur sickness is nt medical problem,look for spiritual solution dude
Re: No End In Sight To My Medical Problems; I Might Be Dying Slowly by Eportal123: 7:08pm On Jul 02, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I can only imagine your disappointment going weekly for HIV tests and it is still negative.

Don't worry,
It will become positive soon then you won't have to visit labs weekly.
Re: No End In Sight To My Medical Problems; I Might Be Dying Slowly by madjune(m): 7:09pm On Jul 02, 2017
orbgoblin:
Sorry about what you've been through. But from what I read so far, your health anxiety has turned you into a hypochondriac. I'm sure if you were given a placebo intravenously you will feel well. All I can say is its all in your mind and you will have to purge your mind of the fear of your health status. As far as I am concerned you've taken too much antibiotics between 2007 and now. It's possible that you have messed up your natural bacteria flora and you need to rebuild a fresh colony of friendly bacteria in your system. You can start by taking probiotics or good quality yogurt And see if there are any improvements. I could be wrong though as I am not a doctor but it still is worth a try. Good luck, best wishes!!!

I hate to see it when someone really feels something unwell about his system through years and complains about it and folks come out to tell him he's hypochondriac. No.

Something is wrong.

I feel the poster should watch his diet.
His contant health issues might be symptomatic of some stuff he shouldnt be eating.

Let a good doctor check his blood and find out what his right diet plan should be.
Also, fortify your immune system with prescribed supplements, adequate rest and exercise.

May God heal the poster.

2 Likes

Re: No End In Sight To My Medical Problems; I Might Be Dying Slowly by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 02, 2017
It might be a connective tissue or an immune problem, have you gone to a teaching hospital
CrescentMoon:

Always negative.
Re: No End In Sight To My Medical Problems; I Might Be Dying Slowly by uvalued(m): 7:11pm On Jul 02, 2017
CrescentMoon:

it is well but your story is a vonfirmation of the failing of drugs.
Re: No End In Sight To My Medical Problems; I Might Be Dying Slowly by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 02, 2017
[b][/b]
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I can only imagine your disappointment going weekly for HIV tests and it is still negative.

Don't worry,

Abi o, that is how sickness will be resting and you will go and be disturbing it. Don't worry, very soon you will see the result soon
Re: No End In Sight To My Medical Problems; I Might Be Dying Slowly by oshunloye: 7:18pm On Jul 02, 2017
CrescentMoon:

[b]
CrescentMoon:

[/b]
CrescentMoon:

Re: No End In Sight To My Medical Problems; I Might Be Dying Slowly by oshunloye: 7:21pm On Jul 02, 2017
Good day at Op

This is more of a psychological problem. I can offer to help you. kindly call 09073986210.
Re: No End In Sight To My Medical Problems; I Might Be Dying Slowly by godquality: 7:25pm On Jul 02, 2017
If you can afford it, go to Europe for proper diagnosis and solution to these medical problems. I don't think there's a Nigeria doctor or hospital that have the technical know-how and facilities to do a thorough check up. And don't let anyone tell you there's a pastor or babalawo that can help you because that's a lie and waste of time and resources.
Re: No End In Sight To My Medical Problems; I Might Be Dying Slowly by joinnow: 7:26pm On Jul 02, 2017
Too much ciproflox have killed and disorganize your digestive good bacteria that aid digestion.
omeprasole and cimetidine to treat ulcer.
I just pick one culprit out too much omeprasole cause weak bone aka osteporosis.
Because you have ulcer and the ciproflox has damage your digestive system there id possibility that most of the food intake will not be ultilize.eg the small intestine wont be absorbing the calcium.
Diclofenac will cause more ulcer.

Best is to detox
Using water and only eating fruit and vegetables
Avoid all drugs
Cause your drug combination is causing more problem.

After detoxifying for like 7 days go for comprehensive test
Mecure
Clinix
Union diagnostic
Pathcare

You need to see
Psychiactrist
Gastrologist
Orthopedic

2 Likes

Re: No End In Sight To My Medical Problems; I Might Be Dying Slowly by joinnow: 7:28pm On Jul 02, 2017
godquality:
If you can afford it, go to Europe for proper diagnosis and solution to these medical problems. I don't think there's a Nigeria doctor or hospital that have the technical know-how and facilities to do a thorough check up. And don't let anyone tell you there's a pastor or babalawo that can help you because that's a lie and waste of time and resources.
Mecure
Clinix
St Nicholas
Others
Re: No End In Sight To My Medical Problems; I Might Be Dying Slowly by sodeide2013: 7:29pm On Jul 02, 2017
call me on 08079517476
Re: No End In Sight To My Medical Problems; I Might Be Dying Slowly by pat1612(m): 7:34pm On Jul 02, 2017
CrescentMoon:

Gross abuse of drugs this is what i am afraid of in this country.
To make it more of valid point let me say this i am manufacturer importer and distributor of medicine but i am really shock to see they way u have abused it. Medicines are called prescription drig for a reason hope u understand that

But if u are so much of ur health why not go for a complete body check up and know the reason.

A common cold or flu is not always a bacterial infection and do u even know different kind of bacterias and drugs to kill them

The most abuse drug in this country are painkillers and anti malaria and trust me from past 4 year i had my share of my mosquito bites and cold flu fever but have not taken a single tablet of anti malaria.

To all of you out that self medication is most dangerous thing to do ur self and it can kill u. Even a simple paracetamol that u pop like candies will affect ur kidneys and result in its failure if abused.

#stopdrugabuse cry

2 Likes

Re: No End In Sight To My Medical Problems; I Might Be Dying Slowly by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 02, 2017
CrescentMoon:

Bro, I think nothing much is wrong with you. You may have corrupted your mindset and now you are suffering/stressed. Like most people have said, change your lifestyle eat right (watch what you eat and examine how they affect your body as what you are suffering might be allergy) , drink way enough water, exercise (to sweat out the accumulated toxics from the medications) and as well try to change your mindset. I suggest you take to yoga/meditation.

Read about meditation and how to do it. At least 20mins everyday will help. With this, you will be able to understand/control your mind/thought process. And also, sleep very well.

Some up here are suggesting God (yes to it) while some are suggesting you go to so and so church. Please dont add to your stress, dont go "church prostituting". Pray to whoever God you believe in, as you would always do, at the church you believe in. Moving from this church to that, seeking miracle will only add to your stress.

With your history with antibiotic, you may have killed off all good bacteria in your system. Try taking yogurt as someone suggested.

Give your self time from taking any medication, so you can really understand what is wrong with you. (You may be suffering from stress related sickness/depression)

1 Like

Re: No End In Sight To My Medical Problems; I Might Be Dying Slowly by jonnyp(m): 7:40pm On Jul 02, 2017
CrescentMoon:

pls do visi scoan for your healing and deliverance..
Re: No End In Sight To My Medical Problems; I Might Be Dying Slowly by mima247(f): 7:40pm On Jul 02, 2017
The post above me is right.first you need to up ur protein intake with green vegetables.
2,google fibro myalgia and lime disease symptoms and treatment.lastly stop antibiotics eat probiotics to build ur immune system
Re: No End In Sight To My Medical Problems; I Might Be Dying Slowly by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 02, 2017
You need to see a pathologist. Bacteria and other parasites grow resistance with abuse of medicine
Re: No End In Sight To My Medical Problems; I Might Be Dying Slowly by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 02, 2017
is either the medicine you are taking are fake or you are just paranoid, hypochondria. also check the level of your white blood cells it could be low and check your thyroid.
Re: No End In Sight To My Medical Problems; I Might Be Dying Slowly by Mpanyi: 8:18pm On Jul 02, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Don't worry,

Nwoke m, are you a human being at all? I used to laugh at your comments but this one is off. the mark.
Re: No End In Sight To My Medical Problems; I Might Be Dying Slowly by Dancos: 8:18pm On Jul 02, 2017
Go TB Joshua
Re: No End In Sight To My Medical Problems; I Might Be Dying Slowly by umarfantami(m): 8:23pm On Jul 02, 2017
CrescentMoon:

am sure you are not married. get married all this problems will go.am talking from experience.

1 Like

Re: No End In Sight To My Medical Problems; I Might Be Dying Slowly by realjoker(m): 8:38pm On Jul 02, 2017
Boldstar:
OP, I think with all your descriptions, Its either you are immunocompromised or have psychological issues with relation to your health. One think that won't help you is the self medication you have been doing. Do not take malaria medicines until you have done MP test and it's positive. Also, do not take ANY antibiotic until you've done your culture tests and specified antibiotics were recommended for you to take in the case of a positive MCS result.

If your issue is psychological, placebo treatments and psychological therapy will solve your problem. If your issue is either immunosuppression or being immunocompromised, it is very pertinent that you get to the root cause.

So I recommend you go see a doctor where full blown checkup will be recommended. The tests you might be recommended to do might include but not limited to FBC, ESR, HIV, Hepatitis B and C, VDRL, E/U/Cr, LFT, Thyroid Function Test, Lipid Profile, blood culture, urine culture, stool culture, Fasting Blood Sugar and/or HBA1C, AFB for TB, Xray, Abdominopelvic Ultrasound, and PSA (if you're above 35)

So go to a good hospital and see a doctor and a psychologist
I think he is actually immunocompromised, I am also experiencing almost the same issue though now feeling better after series of tests and medications.
Re: No End In Sight To My Medical Problems; I Might Be Dying Slowly by zurumking(m): 8:45pm On Jul 02, 2017
Sorry Bro. You shall not die but shall declare the goodness of God. With God nothing is impossible. He can make completely whole. Please don't delay.. Look for Jesus. Only him can heal you. once again you will live!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Nadine Dorries Tests Positive For Deadly Virus / Ada Priscilla Nzimiro: The Tragic Story Of The First Igbo Female Medical Doctor / Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.