Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home (58409 Views)

"My Wife Left Me When I Lost My Job, She Wants Me Back Now There Is Money?" / Losing My Dad & Dealing With Lazy Relatives: My Experience / My Husband Broke Up With Me Because I'm Yet To Conceive. Losing My Mind.. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by siegfried99(m): 7:06pm On Jul 02, 2017
Shower me with likes .. today is my birthday cheesy

12 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Victornezzar: 7:07pm On Jul 02, 2017
sonofLuci:

The thing pain am
lol as in ehn
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 02, 2017
Sorry
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 02, 2017
Op, a woman cannot have respect for a man who does not work while she pays all the bills. Please hurry and get a job, so things can go back to the way they were.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 02, 2017
This demon lives in 90% of women..they will frustrate your life...why do you think many men dress corporate only to be roaming the streets op?

10 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by goshen26: 7:08pm On Jul 02, 2017
That's their nature...

They only remember wat they are eating presently

5 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Tobium1(m): 7:09pm On Jul 02, 2017
It's normal in every Nigerian home when the woman is the bread winner

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 02, 2017
Someone once said that it's big trouble when the wife is the one financing the home while the husband is idle. Ogbeni, I really don't blame her. As a man, you're the head of the home and you should act as such, so don't come here saying you were the one paying for everything when you still had a job, that's your responsibility.I'm not justifying her actions oh, it's unfortunate that you are stuck with an impatient woman that doesn't understand what having your back means. Well, you don't expect her to have your back forever. What I'll tell you to do is to find a new job or at least get busy and get back on your feet. Please forgive your wife, she doesn't know what she's doing. Don't ever try to punish or get back at her for her unreasonable actions.

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Ifyone123(f): 7:09pm On Jul 02, 2017
greyboy5000:
OK I get your point
But my comments was motivational in a way

Now the op is clearly feeling down at the moment so it is obvious he may not be motivated to go extra miles to change his situation
the wife may not motivate the op either because of her behaviour
But the son is neutral here, probably the only bright spark in ops marrige

That is why I used the son as a source of motivation and inspiration
Ok, I now clearly undastand. U ar right. Mind u..if dis situation continues and d boy grows up to knw its his mom dat keeps up wit home stuff,broda..d lil man wunt b neutral anymore. So OP, sleeve up, go into d hustle and n set tinz right in ur family.

3 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 02, 2017
mylander:
Please advise.

I was in an employment of a bank until recently when my employment was terminated.

When I had the job, I took my family welfare as my priory. My wife and our only son were faring good, I always ensure we do not lack the basic necessities. Meanwhile, my wife did not have a job then. All the house upkeep expenses including the cost of running her postgraduate program were on me and I felt comfortable bearing the costs as the breadwinner of the family.

After I lost my job in the bank some month ago, my wife got an employment with the state govt. With her little income, she has been able to assist in bearing some expenses, even she pays for fuelling our car sometimes.

The drama has now started in the house and our marriage is on the verge of breaking up.

Any little issue, my wife will turn it to quarrel, different abuses. Funny enough, she would be referring to the financial supports she has been rendering in the house. This is a woman that did not work at all for 2 years and I was bearing all the expenses with pleasure. Now she had only supported me for about 4months now and she's is misbehaving.

To my surprise, my wife maintains a record in which she records every penny she spends in the house including food items and fuel. With this, she always ask me when will I pay him back.

At the instance of a simple argument/misunderstanding, my wife would be boasting of 'I paid for this, I paid for that....' 'If not for my support since you had problem at work......'

Please advise me, I am getting fed-up with the situation, my wife had changed totally.

If you have somewhere to travel to, and hustle for money, then leave the house for her. Your absence will knock some sense into her, because there are certain things in the house a man can do which a woman can't. When you leave, do not call her. Let her get worried a bit. If you stay, you might divorce cos of quarrel but if you leave for a while without calling, then the fear of that divorce will knock some sense into her.

18 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:10pm On Jul 02, 2017
Ifyone123:
Bro MMM stil pays ai...d reseason y i mentioned MMM is dat his MONEY works for him witout sweat...Den he cn direct his sweat into looking fr a job. N wen i said MMM i mean lil like 20/30/40k. He will b getting interesting witout sweats. d people dat ar crying on MMM brekdown ar d greedy ones...It wz ivn a serious from page warning on MMM 'Use you SPARE MONEY' but greed cn let piple knw sup. If i am stil wrong wif wat i hv jst said plz point it out.

Question: is it better he stays at home spending d lil he got? is it beta he spends d lil he got nw into transportation and noting is coming in? bro MMM cn solve dat problem. he gets interest fr it to run around n do oda tinz til he finds his feet or do u want him to beg his wife for transport money which will break his heart cz she must insult him or do u want him to go beg his friends for transport money n his friends will mock him/help a lil den stops at somtime or people dat wunt ivn help atool.

plz if am stil wrong...do fix me right, tnx

Lol... oya borrow me your spare money, let me do MMM...

Any "investment" you do with spare money (Money you can afford to lose) is not an investment...

It is gambling!!

Take note sweety!!

5 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:10pm On Jul 02, 2017
Victornezzar:
lmao dem collect ur money
lol...
They chop my 5k
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by rayobaba(m): 7:10pm On Jul 02, 2017
Bro. Na woman be that.
Pray hard and contact some old friends, they might connect you with a job.
Wish you the best bro.

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Buharimustgo: 7:11pm On Jul 02, 2017
She is a Gold digger

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 02, 2017
mylander:
Please advise.

I was in an employment of a bank until recently when my employment was terminated.

When I had the job, I took my family welfare as my priory. My wife and our only son were faring good, I always ensure we do not lack the basic necessities. Meanwhile, my wife did not have a job then. All the house upkeep expenses including the cost of running her postgraduate program were on me and I felt comfortable bearing the costs as the breadwinner of the family.

After I lost my job in the bank some month ago, my wife got an employment with the state govt. With her little income, she has been able to assist in bearing some expenses, even she pays for fuelling our car sometimes.

The drama has now started in the house and our marriage is on the verge of breaking up.

Any little issue, my wife will turn it to quarrel, different abuses. Funny enough, she would be referring to the financial supports she has been rendering in the house. This is a woman that did not work at all for 2 years and I was bearing all the expenses with pleasure. Now she had only supported me for about 4months now and she's is misbehaving.

To my surprise, my wife maintains a record in which she records every penny she spends in the house including food items and fuel. With this, she always ask me when will I pay him back.

At the instance of a simple argument/misunderstanding, my wife would be boasting of 'I paid for this, I paid for that....' 'If not for my support since you had problem at work......'

Please advise me, I am getting fed-up with the situation, my wife had changed totally.

Hello bro.. Your problem here isn't your wife. What kind of advice are you expecting to get from this thread? Instead, you should have ask for a business you can indulge in which will no doubt regain your worth. Believe me, no matter how deep your wife loves you, she won't feel the same if she feed your as$ for a week...talk of months.

Strive more to secure another job and avert the drama that's about to play in your home. In fact, you might start losing your kids respect if they find out that it's mummy that's catering for the whole family.. It's natural. You're the man.. be the man..

10 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by InvertedHammer: 7:12pm On Jul 02, 2017
mylander:
Please advise.

I said here on NL on many occasions that bankers should endeavour to have a second source of livelihood because of the volatile nature of the industry in Nigeria.

But you thought you knew better than the master. Carry your cross. He who fails to plan, plans to fail. Congratulations! Just because of feeding the family you think she is insulting you. Wait until she gets a boyfriend, you will see real insolence.

You might be one of those that run their mouth instead of heeding a simple advice like those MMM knuckleheads that were insulting just about anyone that was against their gambling addictions/affliction.

\

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Victornezzar: 7:12pm On Jul 02, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

lol...

They chop my 5k
lol
Spring cash wey collect my 10k after dey don pair me with people finish
dem con close site

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:14pm On Jul 02, 2017
Victornezzar:
lol Spring cash wey collect my 10k after dey don pair me with people finish dem con close site
Hahahahaaaba...
No vex oo...
Na man chop man world we dey.
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by YelloweWest: 7:14pm On Jul 02, 2017
Op I'll be honest with u.
It is a man's responsibility to provide for his family.
It is a woman's responsibility to take care of the home and kids.
Anything that alters this position will definitely bring friction in the home.

If you want your marriage to work u need to see things from your partner standpoint.
You said when u were working u took care of your family, however u didn't give any details of such care the way u detailed your wifes misbehaviour.

I seriously doubt ur story Mr.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by condomuser: 7:15pm On Jul 02, 2017
Tell her you have 30 Billion for Akant, that you were testing her since the last 4 months. .

Then tell her you want to marry a second wife

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by keypad1: 7:15pm On Jul 02, 2017
mylander:
Please advise.

somebody is fvcking ur wife somewhere
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Victornezzar: 7:16pm On Jul 02, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

Hahahahaaaba...

No vex oo...

Na man chop man world we dey.
lol ahbi
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 02, 2017
mylander:
Please advise.

So so sad cry cry

The life of a man. Sometimes we go through the trials of life just so we can identify the true friends & partners we have.

Don't give up your hustle. Strive harder and use your success to realign her senses. Now you know who she is and you sure have also learnt your lessons.

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Ten06(m): 7:16pm On Jul 02, 2017
Learn your bitter lesson with calmness and humility
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 02, 2017
Victornezzar:

lol
Spring cash wey collect my 10k after dey don pair me with people finish
dem con close site

grin

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by fyneboi79(m): 7:17pm On Jul 02, 2017
mylander:
Please advise.

Bros I will advise you like a brother from another mother, if you can take d shit then take it and work for a comeback. But if you have a temper like me,then walk away from it all before you become a murderer cos she will push you to the limits soon.
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 02, 2017
InvertedHammer:

I said here on NL on many occasions that bankers should endeavour to have a second source of livelihood because of the volatile nature of the industry in Nigeria.

But you thought you knew better than the master. Carry your cross. He who fails to plan, plans to fail. Congratulations!

You might be one of those that run their mouth instead of heeding a simple advice like those MMM knuckleheads that were insulting just about anyone that was against their gambling addictions/affliction.

\

Hammer isn't that too harsh ?

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by gbmclub: 7:18pm On Jul 02, 2017
And leta dem go de make noise abt equality wen u cannot event assist d man wen he is down!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by ivolt: 7:18pm On Jul 02, 2017
Rolly83:
I really feel your pain bro.But from what I deduce from your write-up I can tell u boldly that she doesn't love u!!! It's a hard fact to accept!! But that's the truth...To her you are irritating and a liability!! Please please if you can try to see if u can start something(maybe a business) until you're able to get another job.

This doesn't matter, what is more important is commitment!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

"My Wife Is A Prostitute" - Husband / Woman Celebrates As Her Husband Marries A Second Wife (Photo) / Dearest Nigerians, People Are Suffering.. Read This!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.