Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Unijos Admission Thread 2017/18 Academic Session - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unijos Admission Thread 2017/18 Academic Session (20840 Views)

UNILORIN Produces 103 First Class Students In 2017/18 Academic Session / Unimed,ondo Aspirant Thread 2017 / Lasu Admission Thread 2017/2018. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unijos Admission Thread 2017/18 Academic Session by centitan(m): 3:20pm On Sep 26, 2017
UNITEDBRAND:
Please I will want to confirm if there is going to be an post utme examination after the post utme registration in unijos?? Please more Information will be appreciated
No exams like oda skuls ,just screening and submission of your credentials i.e waec,neco,jamb result,and other relevant documents. Unijos will likely use waec and jamb combo like last year. I feel bad because most federal schools are conducting post ume ,why unijos own dey different?
Re: Unijos Admission Thread 2017/18 Academic Session by Adasun(m): 7:08pm On Sep 26, 2017
PhilAmadeus:
no I haven't..d Jamb centre I sent money to in Abj refused to do it for me.....d tunda wey go hamma d guy still dey do push up....Guys one other tin I noticed after my registration is that Dem no put Screening date there...dey just wrote"keep d slip for further processing"and am kinda worried, pls who has also done his/her reg?.
lols,mine has no date 2.did they gave u any RRR number? Infact describe ur screening slip for me
Re: Unijos Admission Thread 2017/18 Academic Session by PhilAmadeus: 8:51pm On Sep 26, 2017
Adasun:
lols,mine has no date 2.did they gave u any RRR number? Infact describe ur screening slip for me
...lemme snap d tin sef, d worst part be say my Elder Bro called this evening that d screening has started that wen is my screening date...I was lyk "me wey I neva see date"...Pls guys is it true,they have started?
Re: Unijos Admission Thread 2017/18 Academic Session by Adasun(m): 9:50pm On Sep 26, 2017
PhilAmadeus:
...lemme snap d tin sef, d worst part be say my Elder Bro called this evening that d screening has started that wen is my screening date...I was lyk "me wey I neva see date"...Pls guys is it true,they have started?
where da pics? No screening had started bro
Re: Unijos Admission Thread 2017/18 Academic Session by centitan(m): 9:43am On Sep 27, 2017
Circulation of Fake Information on Unijos 2017/2018 Post Utme Screening Exercise UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS NIGERIA
OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR
ANNOUNCEMENT
CIRCULATION OF FAKE INFORMATION ON UNIJOS 2017/2018 POST UTME SCREENING EXERCISE
The attention of Management of the University of Jos has been drawn to the circulation of fake information especially on the social media that the University has commenced the sale of Post UTME forms at the cost of Two Thousand Naira (N2000) to candidates who applied for admission into the University. The fake online posts also claim that the University is set to conduct Admission Screening Examinations on 30th September, 2017.
Management wishes to state categorically that the University of Jos is not selling any Post UTME forms. Rather, the University is conducting Post UTME Online Screening of Prospective Candidates for the 2017/18 Admission exercise through its web portal
https://mis.unijos.edu.ng.
For the avoidance of doubt, the process of screening prospective candidates for admission into the University for the 2017/2018 Academic Session is being done ONLINE, therefore no physical screening, examinations or test will be conducted for the purpose of this exercise.
All prospective candidates seeking admission into the University are advised to be wary of any contrary information and should check details of instructions, payment, registration and other procedures of the Post UTME Screening exercise via the University’s website on
www.unijos.edu.ng.
Announcer:
Monday M. Danjem
Registrar
University of Jos
Re: Unijos Admission Thread 2017/18 Academic Session by centitan(m): 9:47am On Sep 27, 2017
no physical screening, examination. you only submit your credentials online, you don't have to come to Unijos for screening or any exams. For those complaining about not seeing a screening date,note everything will be done on line.
Re: Unijos Admission Thread 2017/18 Academic Session by PhilAmadeus: 8:22pm On Sep 27, 2017
centitan:
no physical screening, examination. you only submit your credentials online, you don't have to come to Unijos for screening or any exams. For those complaining about not seeing a screening date,note everything will be done on line.
...Thanks a lot Centitan for the info...pls does that mean the reg we did is d screening exercise,so we should be waiting for admission?
Re: Unijos Admission Thread 2017/18 Academic Session by PhilAmadeus: 8:37pm On Sep 27, 2017
Adasun:
where da pics? No screening had started bro
Re: Unijos Admission Thread 2017/18 Academic Session by queency11(f): 12:26pm On Sep 28, 2017
You guys should start praying hard o, last year I was also an aspirant putting in for nursing science but was admitted for physics education, two of my friends putting in for medicine and surgery but got admitted for special education and biology education with a good jamb score. just saying my own o but wishing you all the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unijos Admission Thread 2017/18 Academic Session by centitan(m): 10:20pm On Sep 28, 2017
PhilAmadeus:
...Thanks a lot Centitan for the info...pls does that mean the reg we did is d screening exercise,so we should be waiting for admission?
During your registration,your waec/neco result and jamb result was uploaded on unijos portal ,they are going give admission based on your waec and jamb result. if admission is based on waec+jamb,so why come to unijos when you can upload all your credentials online and it gets to them,just as when you send WhatsApp messages and it gets to the receiver without you going to meet the receiver physically.
Unijos still use the point grade system of last year.
waec 50%+ jamb 50%=100%. an example of point grade system is given below.note it is not how Unijos will calculate it's own. it is how unilag calculated theirs last year.
Waec
A1= 10 points
B2= 9 points
B3= 8 points
C4=7 points
C5= 6 points
C6=5 points
your 5 core students is used
while your jamb score is divided by 8.
for example a medicine and surgery aspirant had 5B3 in his core subjects( maths,English, physics, chemistry and biology) in his waec and scored 280 in jamb.
using the illustration above.
B3= 8points
5B3= 5*8 = 40 points
Jamb score
280/8= 35 points
waec+ jamb = your point
40+35= 75 points
the aspirant's point is 75 points,if the cut off for medicine is above 75,he does not get admitted but if the cut off is less than 75,he gets admitted.
I don't know whether Unijos is very transparent in its admission (about the indigenes with lower score being favoured over non indigenes with higher scores especially lucrative courses like medicine,pharmacy, law etc) but with what I have heard after speaking to two medical students personally,it seems being an indigene gives an edge over your peers.
Re: Unijos Admission Thread 2017/18 Academic Session by Adasun(m): 3:26pm On Sep 29, 2017
[quote author=PhilAmadeus post=60891904][/quote]its da correct one bro hope u have upload ?
Re: Unijos Admission Thread 2017/18 Academic Session by Adasun(m): 3:31pm On Sep 29, 2017
Hmmm...,but na only five related subject we upload o,and also we pay 2000 naira centitan
Re: Unijos Admission Thread 2017/18 Academic Session by PhilAmadeus: 3:56pm On Sep 29, 2017
Adasun:
Hmmm...,but na only five related subject we upload o,and also we pay 2000 naira centitan
Abi oooo n only 5 subjects were uploaded...
Re: Unijos Admission Thread 2017/18 Academic Session by centitan(m): 4:51pm On Sep 29, 2017
that's your 5core subjects you uploaded and will be used alongside your jamb score for admission ranking.
And you mist pay now,there's nothing free even for Freetown, every school pay for screening or post ume exam,Unijos no go be exemption.
Re: Unijos Admission Thread 2017/18 Academic Session by mizquote(f): 6:15pm On Sep 29, 2017
blakwater:
whats up guys i recently applied for MSc. Architecture thats postgraduate section.

hi, I also applied M. A masscomm..

1 Like

Re: Unijos Admission Thread 2017/18 Academic Session by malikjosiah(m): 10:37am On Oct 01, 2017
Has anyone registered for DE screening? Pls I am worried. Mine is not been recognized
Re: Unijos Admission Thread 2017/18 Academic Session by malikjosiah(m): 10:43am On Oct 01, 2017
[color=#770077][/color] pls anyone who has successfully registered DE should kindly flash me on 08063565616. I am worried.
Re: Unijos Admission Thread 2017/18 Academic Session by PhilAmadeus: 8:16pm On Oct 03, 2017
centitan:
that's your 5core subjects you uploaded and will be used alongside your jamb score for admission ranking.
And you mist pay now,there's nothing free even for Freetown, every school pay for screening or post ume exam,Unijos no go be exemption.
Centitan u mean after that N2000 we go still pay another fee?
Re: Unijos Admission Thread 2017/18 Academic Session by centitan(m): 12:45am On Oct 04, 2017
PhilAmadeus:
Centitan u mean after that N2000 we go still pay another fee?
no sir,I'm talking abt the 2000 you pay in the first place. Abeg settle your mind boss
Re: Unijos Admission Thread 2017/18 Academic Session by ifeanyi83(m): 3:37am On Oct 04, 2017
PhilAmadeus:
Guys I did screening registration today,it was stressfree(maybe because pipu no plenty for there)...paid #2000 through remita and #1500 cafe charges...das ol

Could you kindly help with the GIFMIS code. Thanks
Re: Unijos Admission Thread 2017/18 Academic Session by PhilAmadeus: 8:08am On Oct 07, 2017
Bbro I dunno anytin about GIFMIS
Re: Unijos Admission Thread 2017/18 Academic Session by blakwater(m): 1:32am On Oct 09, 2017
mizquote:

hi, I also applied M. A masscomm..
ok thats nice, have you submitted the transcript or not yet
Re: Unijos Admission Thread 2017/18 Academic Session by PhilAmadeus: 7:33am On Oct 09, 2017
Morning guys....av anyone heard something from UJ ?
Re: Unijos Admission Thread 2017/18 Academic Session by exynos(m): 10:36am On Oct 09, 2017
Hi pals, please does anyone here knows when the admission list is supposed to be out.
Re: Unijos Admission Thread 2017/18 Academic Session by mizquote(f): 4:47pm On Oct 09, 2017
blakwater:
ok thats nice, have you submitted the transcript or not yet

I have
Re: Unijos Admission Thread 2017/18 Academic Session by Bapy(m): 10:02am On Oct 30, 2017
This thread is very dry.... Is it that Aspiring Josites ain't on Niraland.... Pathetic.
Anyway when are we even expecting the list?
Re: Unijos Admission Thread 2017/18 Academic Session by yakamata(m): 10:23am On Nov 26, 2017
queency11:
You guys should start praying hard o, last year I was also an aspirant putting in for nursing science but was admitted for physics education, two of my friends putting in for medicine and surgery but got admitted for special education and biology education with a good jamb score. just saying my own o but wishing you all the best

If you don't mind me asking, please what was your jamb score
Re: Unijos Admission Thread 2017/18 Academic Session by queency11(f): 4:34pm On Nov 26, 2017
yakamata:

If you don't mind me asking, please what was your jamb score
200+
Re: Unijos Admission Thread 2017/18 Academic Session by yakamata(m): 4:47pm On Nov 26, 2017
queency11:
200+

lol of course it has to 200+, you can't expect to get medicine with anything less. I just need to know the exact score. please
Re: Unijos Admission Thread 2017/18 Academic Session by queency11(f): 5:48pm On Nov 26, 2017
yakamata:

lol of course it has to 200+, you can't expect to get medicine with anything less. I just need to know the exact score. please
what I put in for was nursing, a friend of mine scored 243 and wanted to study medicine but was later given biology education. Some1 who scored 190+ was even admitted for pharmacy. So what are u saying?
Re: Unijos Admission Thread 2017/18 Academic Session by yakamata(m): 6:20pm On Nov 26, 2017
queency11:
what I put in for was nursing, a friend of mine scored 243 and wanted to study medicine but was later given biology education. Some1 who scored 190+ was even admitted for pharmacy. So what are u saying?

Sorry If I offended you, it's just that your comment didn't strike as that of someone who scored below 200.

1 Like

Re: Unijos Admission Thread 2017/18 Academic Session by queency11(f): 7:43pm On Nov 26, 2017
yakamata:

Sorry If I offended you, it's just that your comment didn't strike as that of someone who scored below 200.
U didn't offend me. Are u a UJ aspirant this year?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

UNICAL Suspends Dean of Faculty of Law Over Alleged Rape Of Student / 18 Experiences Only People Who Attended University Of Ilorin Will Get / Anambra Students To Represent Nigeria At 27th World Debate In Singapore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.