Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,409 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:59 PM

Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana (30695 Views)

NBA CRISIS: South-west May Likely Follow North / In Case You Missed-middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits –jerry Gana / The Niger Delta Will Be The Most Developed If Nigeria Splits. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by nurex01(m): 6:27am On Jul 03, 2017
Eniola Akinkuotu, Abuja

A former Minister of Information and current National President of the Middle Belt Forum, Prof. Jerry Gana, has told northerners preaching division that if Nigeria breaks, the minorities in the Middle Belt will not follow them.

Gana said this while delivering a sermon at the St. Matthew’s Church, Maitama, Diocese of Abuja (Anglican Communion), in Abuja on Sunday.

The Middle Belt is believed to have the largest number of ethnic groups in Nigeria.

The former minister, who was the guest preacher, therefore, lambasted the Coalition of Arewa Youth Groups for issuing a quit notice to Igbo living in the North.

Gana said, “They think when it comes to break-up, we will go along with the North. We have already told them that if they allow this country to break up, we are not going with the North. We are staying where we are. So, just take notice. If it comes to that, we will tell you that you are Arewa and we are ‘Middle-Belters.’

“We love Nigeria and it was changed to a federal system because of the minorities so that we can have a place. So, we love Nigeria but in the unlikely event that people want to go their way, the Arewa in the Sahel will go. But we will remain here in the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”

The former minister also slammed a former Vice-Chancellor of the Ahmadu Bello University and the spokesperson for the Northern Elders Forum, Prof. Ango Abdullahi, for supporting the quit notice issued by the northern youths.

Gana said nobody had the right to dictate to a citizen of Nigeria where he could live.

He added, “One of them, who also spoke is a former vice-chancellor. I thank God he didn’t sign my certificate. My own was signed by Prof. Ishaya Audu. How can a man of that stature, of that status, of that level of leadership, says he supports the youths in Kaduna to give to other legitimate citizens, an order to go? Who are you? Who says that?

“In this country, there are no second-class citizens. We are all first class. We are all sons and daughters of this land and that was why I decided to call a conference of all the minorities from 14 states and we had to state in clear words that the quit notice was totally unconstitutional. This is our home.”

Gana said the way forward was for the Federal Government to embrace restructuring as the solution to the nation’s challenges or the nation would die.

Gana, who said even former presidents were beginning to support restructuring, advised the All Progressives Congress-led Federal Government to entertain dialogue and debate.

The ex-minister said, “In democracy, dialogue is the language, consultation is the way. Two cannot work together unless they agree. So, there needs to be dialogue and mutual respect.

“Anywhere you have diversity of ethnicity or religion in the world, the type of system that works is federalism. And that is the way. And each one must build his federal system the way it suits him. It cannot be imposed; it cannot be engineered in favour of one person.”

Meanwhile, a former military Head of State, Gen. Yakubu Gowon, has urged Nigerians to shun all forms of violence, criminal acts and behaviour capable of dividing the country.

The News Agency of Nigeria reported that Gowon made the call on Sunday in Sokoto at a one-day National Prayer Rally organised by Nigeria Prays.

“We should value the lives of our fellow human beings that God has created for a purpose. May we never take lives with impunity.

“We are offering fervent prayers that Nigerians will never raise their hands against one another.

“They should love one another irrespective of religious, ideological, political and ethnic affinities,” he added.

Gowon, the National Convener, Nigeria Prays, appealed to Nigerians to collectively pray for the speedy recovery of President Muhammadu Buhari.

He also urged Nigerians to pray for the Acting President Yemi Osinbajo and leaders at all levels.

He solicited for sustained prayers for peace, unity and socio-economic prosperity of Nigeria.

Gowon said, “Prayer can solve problems better and faster than soldiers, as well as physical weapons of war.

“I have no doubt in my heart that God will honour our collective prayer and intercession for our dear nation, as well as heal our nation of insecurity.

“May we experience abundance of God’s mercy and showers of blessings over our lives and our nation as we raise our voices in heartfelt prayers today in Sokoto, ‘’ he said.

The North-West Zonal Coordinator of Nigeria Prays, Bishop Godwin Okafor, said the rally was organised to pray for sustained peace, unity and stability of Nigeria.

http://punchng.com/middle-belt-wont-follow-north-if-nigeria-splits-jerry-gana/

35 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by ESDKING: 6:30am On Jul 03, 2017
No peace in this contraption until the needful is done.

98 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Lanceslot(m): 6:35am On Jul 03, 2017
Nigeria will keep going round and round beating round the bush till the end of time. No proper plan from the past, for the present and future.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by hucienda: 6:37am On Jul 03, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Now this is funny. lol ... be like others are on the sidelines to see where the Biafran pendulum will swing. All man don shine eye. 1967 is not 2017. That's the difference time makes.

150 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by PatriotTemidayo: 6:55am On Jul 03, 2017
alcmene:
Unfortunately Afonjas have sworn to be forever attached to the Gambaris even when they have been labeled "ungrateful back-stabbers "

Borrow sense oga. angry

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by eastsidechillz: 7:03am On Jul 03, 2017
Pls tell them oh.

When it favors them, elections u all re North
But when it comes to allointments u become middle belt.

I don't fear North

They re the chief commander in leeches.

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 03, 2017
The Middle Belt denying Arewa means the Hausa Fulani will go back to Neanderthal age

121 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Ojiofor: 7:06am On Jul 03, 2017
The ungrateful backstabbers are still defending their masters.

135 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Rucheen(m): 7:08am On Jul 03, 2017
But at the same time they still don't like the Biafrans;

Anyway who cares. Their load Their burden

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by zombieHUNTER: 7:11am On Jul 03, 2017
They must go with abokki..... Their people dey here dey chant sai baba... Who send a mushroom tribe sef?

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by iliyande(m): 7:14am On Jul 03, 2017
Follow them to where?
Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by facelessangel: 7:15am On Jul 03, 2017
I just de laugh. Tha Hausa/fulani thinks the meddle belt will support them this time around. Its high time the middle beltans librated themselves.

The wickedness of this hausas know no bounds.
No kingdom lasts forever

123 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Paperwhite(m): 7:17am On Jul 03, 2017
Of course,I belong there so we'll never do it

2 Likes

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Paperwhite(m): 7:17am On Jul 03, 2017
The core north used the middle belt to carry out most of the bloody coups & the Nigerian civil war only to grab power & become a thorn in our flesh.Imagine the wanton and senseless killings being perpetuated across the middle belt & other parts of Nigeria by these brutes cry cry cry May is never be well with Lord Lugard. angry

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Paperwhite(m): 7:19am On Jul 03, 2017
facelessangel:
I just de laugh. Tha Hausa/fulani thinks the meddle belt will support them this time around. Its high time the middle beltans librated themselves.

The wickedness of this hausas know no bounds.
No kingdom lasts forever
Thanks brother man.We're on it.Better to be a hungry free man than a well fed slave.

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Nobody: 7:20am On Jul 03, 2017
everyone has actually known the true enemies ..thanks to ipob

129 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Nobody: 7:21am On Jul 03, 2017
nototribalist:
why you Afonjas don't have sense,why? Or is it because of this toilet broom soup you people drink?
I always wanna puke when I see those pic. Take them out, biko.

20 Likes

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by greatiyk4u(m): 7:21am On Jul 03, 2017
In other words he is begging for one Nigeria....

With the numerous ethnic groups in the Middle belt zone, I don't think this man can authoritatively dictate for them

The Muslim in those zone may decide to do otherwise

2 Likes

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by iberrylee(m): 7:26am On Jul 03, 2017
I shake my head for your future

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by iberrylee(m): 7:28am On Jul 03, 2017
Remember KADUNA DECLARATION 2017
Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Paperwhite(m): 7:29am On Jul 03, 2017
There was once a country.

7 Likes

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Paperwhite(m): 7:30am On Jul 03, 2017
greatiyk4u:
In other words he is begging for one Nigeria....

With the numerous ethnic groups in the Middle belt zone, I don't think this man can authoritatively dictate for them

The Muslim in those zone may decide to do otherwise
You won't be talking this poo if you belong there like us.The agitation is across the land and not only the middle belt.No thanks to the anti-humanity stance of the most bigoted man we ever had as a president.The end of Nigeria is at hand.Better back off and find where you belong.

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 03, 2017
away with hausa-fulani quota system that has led us no where, give everyman his due no matter where he comes from. God bless Gideon Orkar wherever he is.

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tony Nwulu Celebrates 38th Birthday With Family & Legislative Assistants (Photos / IPOB:Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Speaks After Today's Trial As FG Uses Masked Witness / Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.