Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

Why I Will Never Support Jungle Justice - OlowoB - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why I Will Never Support Jungle Justice - OlowoB (17314 Views)

Jungle Justice On Armed Robbers Caught In Anambra State (Graphic Pictures) / Thief Jumps Into A Canal In Festac Town, Lagos To Evade Jungle Justice. Photos / How We Indirectly Support Jungle Justice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Will Never Support Jungle Justice - OlowoB by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 03, 2017
Reason why islanders dread the mainland... not segregation but totally different state of reasoning...

Dont get me wrong, if you eventually move or visit the island for a couple of days, you would feel the change within you.

Please not lagos island... those guys are horribly jealous.. they hate seeing young men doing well or driving good/luxury cars.

#from experience
Re: Why I Will Never Support Jungle Justice - OlowoB by obicentlis: 9:59am On Jul 03, 2017
I said this the other time in other thread about Jungle Justice. Now, listen carefully.

I was born and grew in Aba, the Enyimba City. The City known and the pioneer Champion of Instant Jungle Justice. How did it start in Aba. It was a similar case like this then in the earlier 90's. They were call Ndi Maf (Mafia), Emejiaka and Nwasimuo Family terrorizing Aba on different locations. It was hell for us then but the pushed the Aba residents to the wall by killing a customer who came from Cameron or so to Buy footwears , there was anger everywhere when her body was discovered. It started like "we no gree, we no free. Nzogbu nzogbu enyimba enyi" within a space of 1 week, so many bad guys were slaughtered and it graduated to Bakasi Boys of Aba. So many souls were slaughtered during that terror. The question is, were Innocent souls among the victims, YES.
One Innocent soul killed has rubbished the killing of other bad guys.

Now, from my experience then, no non crime minded human being can kill a fellow human being without an iota of pity. Take this to the bank. They people meting out those justice are mostly criminals.

#NoToJungleJustice
#PoliceReform.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Will Never Support Jungle Justice - OlowoB by MrMcJay(m): 10:00am On Jul 03, 2017
OP, when law enforcement fails, self-enforcement prevails.
Re: Why I Will Never Support Jungle Justice - OlowoB by Agadaobo(m): 10:01am On Jul 03, 2017
Who do u blame for that your bro or who............
Re: Why I Will Never Support Jungle Justice - OlowoB by numericalguy(m): 10:01am On Jul 03, 2017
LexngtonSteele:
Part 1 - That's how i mistakenly squeezed a woman's boobs calling her "MUMMY"

Part 2- I saw STARS...don't ask me how. undecided

Maybe your brother too shouldn't be
"mistakenly" entering people's cars wink

lol..

Don't mind the mumu OP. Your thieving brother "mistakenly" rushed and entered another man's car and you said he should not be beaten. If the real owner had not been smart and vigilant, that is how your armed robber of a brother would have "mistakenly" stolen the car and "mistakenly" sold it off and "mistakenly" lavished the money in brothels and bars.

Even Evans has been kidnapping people "mistakenly".
Re: Why I Will Never Support Jungle Justice - OlowoB by HomeOfMe(f): 10:03am On Jul 03, 2017
Jungle justice is not an option at all. handing them over to the Police is the right thing to do. Look at the MD of that pharmacetical company that eacaped from his captors(Evans). He jumped the fence in the midnight while his captors were deeply asleep. If that church security man had not come to his rescue,an innocent man would have been killed unjustly.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Will Never Support Jungle Justice - OlowoB by Chuksemi(m): 10:03am On Jul 03, 2017
OlowoB:
I decided to share this Cos my heart bleeds as a result of the jungle justice carried out in ikorodu in recent times. I do not support crime but I also stand against jungle justice (this is not the way to go). This is going to be a long read, please learn from a real life story.

My bro moved back to the country from the Uk after so many years with his family to kebbi state to start lecturing. This is someone who has been so passionate to come back home, telling me of how Nigeria will be a great country and there are lots of opportunities etc. He was just settling down in kebbi with his family and trying to adapt to his new environment when an incident happened.

If I remember clearly, I think it was on a Saturday in April this year, he left to the market to buy some things and he parked his Peugeot 406 just opposite the market to get some stuffs. After buying some things he rushed back to his car and opened the car and sat inside but he noticed something was strange. While trying to figure out what was wrong, a guy came to his side almost immediately and knocked on the window and told him to wind down and immediately my brother did this, the guy landed a slap on my brother and started calling him thief. While my brother was still trying to balance well due to the stars he was seeing, This guy, a tall man dragged him down and started beating him while other guys around quickly joined in. People just started beating him without asking questions (this was someone well dressed).

As God will have it, an elderly Hausa man just came from nowhere and said stop beating this man and let's hear him out first, I thank goodness the guys beating him obeyed and they stopped. My bro said he has a car also and showed his car keys as evidence. So the man collected the car keys from his hand and asked that he takes them to where his own car was (cos at this stage, he checked the initial car he entered and discovered they had similar colour, same car make, almost same plate number except for the last 2 letters and surprisingly his car keys could open another Peugeot 406).

It was while the elderly man was doing the investigation my brother now discovered that his car was parked just like 2 miles ahead of this other Peugeot 406. The elderly man confirmed and the guys who have been beating him all this while just said sorry and left.

Questions are? What would have happened if that elderly man had not turned up on time?
Hausas sometimes move around with daggers, what if they have used it on him? If they had killed him, they would have said he was a thief and people on Nairaland would have also said good riddance.

I would be coming on a short visit to naija this year and we have a family house in Ikorodu close to laspotech, infact close to mallo filling station opposite sawmill. With what his happening at the moment, I doubt if I can enter that zone (I don't want to wear short knickers around that zone now and they will say I am baddho and maybe get burnt... God forbid). Unfortunately I would not see my mother. I can bet it that ag least one innocent person must have been killed in that ikorodu jungle justice.

I also understand the pains of the affected families, relatives killed by badoo but jungle justice is NEVER the way to go. Please and please, the police should come out and do what they are paid for. God bless Nigeria, God bless Lagos state.

Jungle justice is the way, because the judicial system has failed us. The police has failed us. People commit crime and go Scot free.
Re: Why I Will Never Support Jungle Justice - OlowoB by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 03, 2017
I have been thinking

Jungle justice is a misnomer.

If it is justice at all, then, justice is justice.
If it is not justice, then, "jungle" has no business appearing alongside "justice"

I would rather say jungle judgment. Whereby a person is judged guilty and immediately receives punishment due.
Just saying.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Will Never Support Jungle Justice - OlowoB by SaviTar(m): 10:04am On Jul 03, 2017
After the series of Badoo news were posted on Nairaland,my heart was bleeding because 90% of the comments i read,not just on Nairaland but on facebook too,were in support of the killing.

Commenters were typing kill them all,good for them and things like that and when i quoted them and ask them to stop it.They simply replied that the police were not helping matters and so the people should go on with the killing.

I was flabbergasted and deeply touched.
White people were right all along!
Africans are animals!

Jungle justice is not the way
just because police dont do their work doesn't give us the right to kill.
Two wrongs dont make a right!!!
If we continue killing and burning people,Badoo or not,we are no better than them.
We have successfully reduced ourselves to their level.
And Satan is jubilating in hell and laughing at his victory.
Yes he has won!...and he will continue winning until we do the right thing and shun jungle justice.

I also blame the police for this
our security and justice system is a mess.

I think it is better to capture the badoo guys,build a makeshift prison and lock them up ourselves rather than burning them.

We are humans not apes...we have a sense of reasoning.We cannot reduce ourselves to the level of criminals.We dont have to kill to get justice.

If we continue with jungle justice....Satan will keep jubilating and white people will continue mocking us.

Lots of buildings have iron doors + burglary proofs....it can be used as a makeshift prison.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Will Never Support Jungle Justice - OlowoB by blkmum700: 10:06am On Jul 03, 2017
@op,

If your broda does not know where he parked his car then something is definitely wrong with him.
Re: Why I Will Never Support Jungle Justice - OlowoB by banmee(m): 10:07am On Jul 03, 2017
torres89:
your brother is just a victim of circumstance

normally before real jungle justice is carried,. the men are always triple sure.

that's why they paused a bit to double check

See mentality. So they are trained detectives now right? Make una continue. What you all are doing is the way to build a great country. Smh.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Will Never Support Jungle Justice - OlowoB by kingthreatz: 10:07am On Jul 03, 2017
HomeOfMe:
Jungle justice is not an option at all. handing them over to the Police is the right thing to do. Look at the MD of that pharmacetical company that eacaped from his captors(Evans). He jumped the fence in the midnight while his captors were deeply asleep. If that church security man had not come to his rescue,an innocent man would have been killed unjustly.

They asked him questions. He answered. I support jungle justice on caught red-handed armed robbers, kidnappers or ritualists. These human elements dont value life and are better off dead.
Re: Why I Will Never Support Jungle Justice - OlowoB by cybriz82(m): 10:11am On Jul 03, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Of course I'm not silly. I don't go about entering the wrong cars. Only a complete tosser would do that and in broad daylight too.

Sometimes I wonder how some people manage to cross a one way street safely.

Hmmm e b like say d dude snatch Ur babe from u abi?
Re: Why I Will Never Support Jungle Justice - OlowoB by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 10:12am On Jul 03, 2017
OlowoB:
I decided to share this Cos my heart bleeds as a result of the jungle justice carried out in ikorodu in recent times. I do not support crime but I also stand against jungle justice (this is not the way to go). This is going to be a long read, please learn from a real life story.

My bro moved back to the country from the Uk after so many years with his family to kebbi state to start lecturing. This is someone who has been so passionate to come back home, telling me of how Nigeria will be a great country and there are lots of opportunities etc. He was just settling down in kebbi with his family and trying to adapt to his new environment when an incident happened.

If I remember clearly, I think it was on a Saturday in April this year, he left to the market to buy some things and he parked his Peugeot 406 just opposite the market to get some stuffs. After buying some things he rushed back to his car and opened the car and sat inside but he noticed something was strange. While trying to figure out what was wrong, a guy came to his side almost immediately and knocked on the window and told him to wind down and immediately my brother did this, the guy landed a slap on my brother and started calling him thief. While my brother was still trying to balance well due to the stars he was seeing, This guy, a tall man dragged him down and started beating him while other guys around quickly joined in. People just started beating him without asking questions (this was someone well dressed).

As God will have it, an elderly Hausa man just came from nowhere and said stop beating this man and let's hear him out first, I thank goodness the guys beating him obeyed and they stopped. My bro said he has a car also and showed his car keys as evidence. So the man collected the car keys from his hand and asked that he takes them to where his own car was (cos at this stage, he checked the initial car he entered and discovered they had similar colour, same car make, almost same plate number except for the last 2 letters and surprisingly his car keys could open another Peugeot 406).

It was while the elderly man was doing the investigation my brother now discovered that his car was parked just like 2 miles ahead of this other Peugeot 406. The elderly man confirmed and the guys who have been beating him all this while just said sorry and left.

Questions are? What would have happened if that elderly man had not turned up on time?
Hausas sometimes move around with daggers, what if they have used it on him? If they had killed him, they would have said he was a thief and people on Nairaland would have also said good riddance.

I would be coming on a short visit to naija this year and we have a family house in Ikorodu close to laspotech, infact close to mallo filling station opposite sawmill. With what his happening at the moment, I doubt if I can enter that zone (I don't want to wear short knickers around that zone now and they will say I am baddho and maybe get burnt... God forbid). Unfortunately I would not see my mother. I can bet it that ag least one innocent person must have been killed in that ikorodu jungle justice.

I also understand the pains of the affected families, relatives killed by badoo but jungle justice is NEVER the way to go. Please and please, the police should come out and do what they are paid for. God bless Nigeria, God bless Lagos state.

Jungle justice are meant for those politicians, all those forming hard men are all cowards, mk dem go look for obasanjo
Re: Why I Will Never Support Jungle Justice - OlowoB by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 03, 2017
torres89:

normally before real jungle justice is carried,. the men are always triple sure.

Ehen..

Like the aluu 4 case abi
Re: Why I Will Never Support Jungle Justice - OlowoB by Eazybay(m): 10:13am On Jul 03, 2017
The NIGERIAN police is the cause!!!! They allow the thieves go Scott free and the thieves come back to REVENGE! The way the police connive with criminals is really beyond me!!

Its a two way thing bro and its sad

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Never Support Jungle Justice - OlowoB by AngelicBeing: 10:13am On Jul 03, 2017
sad
Re: Why I Will Never Support Jungle Justice - OlowoB by voyy: 10:14am On Jul 03, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I'm not dense so I'll never ever enter the wrong car, not even an unfamiliar rental car.

Don't be a yellow belly coward, go visit your mother and stop pussyfooting.

I don't need your well wishes, seems your family need it more.

u re d biggest fool i've come across today, just pray u re not a victim. last 2 months i went to a saloon, i place my samsung fone on d table and one of d apprentices dere had a similar fone but he forgot hr kept his on the chair, unfortunately i saw him pick my phone nd was abt goin out, i called his attention to that nd he was suprised, he checked d theme nd lines in it nd apologized, his boss nd other apprentice showed me his own nd everyone laughed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Will Never Support Jungle Justice - OlowoB by eph12(m): 10:14am On Jul 03, 2017
As far as I'm concerned our security agencies in this country are useless, from the IG to the COAS to the NSCDC et al
Re: Why I Will Never Support Jungle Justice - OlowoB by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 03, 2017
torres89:

Rubbish... I almost lost my own life because I tried to settle a dispute over Money issues years back if not for the timely intervention of the NPF I for don die.. I wouldn't go into details cos I hate remembering it.. Nigerians are just sick sadistic fvcks who look for any opportunity to vent their frustrated lives at such times..even if someone steals for real is it enough to beat him up to d point of death and then burn them up like you're roasting goat for Christmas? And people of all ages will still gather round in pure ecstasy to watch such and u will tell me those are normal people.. Truth is, those doing the jungle justice are a million times worse than the criminals themselves because they are already dead n gone wrong but they feel like they are doing the very best thing...thats how dead most people walking the streets of this satanic nation are... Wasted dead..

6 Likes

Re: Why I Will Never Support Jungle Justice - OlowoB by stildude(m): 10:16am On Jul 03, 2017
hoodboy:

Dude don't be silly, it is a mistake that can happen to anybody.

For one you could be absent minded and mistake a similar car as yours, this has happened to me once, so it is not out of the question.

I also do not support jungle justice, it is barbaric and brings those involved down to the very level (even below) of those they are meting out justice to.

There was this one time i just alighted from a bus at sanya express, on my way from computer village where i had gone to return faulty sound card, all of a sudden this lady approaches me asking if i saw her phone. She claimed i sat beside her and when i was alighting her phone got missing. That day i lost all decorum, was almost getting naked to just to prove my innocence, plus i didn't want any one to slip anything in my pocket or bag.

It just goes to show how people can lose their lives from false accusations.

It is well with my country

As a matter of fact it has happened to someone I know. he shared the same story as the one above only that the guys there were patient enough to hear him out and he later saw his car, same brand of Toyota Camry same colour and the keys tend to open each too. It almost happened to me once too. Same colour of Mercedes, same brand packed in the same area I packed. While trying to insert my key, my attention was drawn to the interior that was slightly different from my own. I was very embarrassed. People across the street were watching too and probably knew the owner of the other car. But they started smiling when they saw I got into a similar car later. Stuffs happen dude!

7 Likes

Re: Why I Will Never Support Jungle Justice - OlowoB by OliviaYolanda: 10:16am On Jul 03, 2017
nawao
Re: Why I Will Never Support Jungle Justice - OlowoB by khalhokage(m): 10:17am On Jul 03, 2017
torres89:

Right, I'm sure they triple checked the aluu 4, then decided to go ahead and murder them after finding out they were innocent.

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Never Support Jungle Justice - OlowoB by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 03, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I'm not dense so I'll never ever enter the wrong car, not even an unfamiliar rental car.

Don't be a yellow belly coward, go visit your mother and stop pussyfooting.

I don't need your well wishes, seems your family need it more.

Mehn!

Why some people dey so undecided

Na your type dey enter kasala pass.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Will Never Support Jungle Justice - OlowoB by deebrain(m): 10:20am On Jul 03, 2017
torres89:

It's always a 70percent chance.

There is the first beating first even before confirmation of the crime --whether guilty or innocent.

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Never Support Jungle Justice - OlowoB by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 03, 2017
EgunMogaji:
Don't be ridiculous.

Go see your mother and also tell your brother to not be silly next time. Enter the wrong car?

my daily driver is a black 2008 corolla, an extremely common car in lagos. I have on occasion struggled to enter my car only to realize it is the wrong car.

It is easy to lose track of your car especially if you are at a public function or party or get together.

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Never Support Jungle Justice - OlowoB by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 03, 2017
GossipHeart:

I 100% support jungle justice

And i 10% do not support jungle justice because our leaders are untouchable

I would 900% support jungle justice if our money stealing leaders are dragged on the streets and set on fire

Here are the reasons why i support jungle justice

1. Our leaders are useless

2. Our police are bunch of jokes, you catch a murderer and hand him over to our useless police, they will collect 6k and release him the next day

If you don't support jungle justice, answer this question

What would you do if we catch a Boko boy or the leader of the Boko Haram ?? Hand him over to the useless Nigerian police ??

Naija police no dey smile with boko, armed robbers and murderers!
No to jungle justice!
Re: Why I Will Never Support Jungle Justice - OlowoB by OBAGADAFFI: 10:28am On Jul 03, 2017
torres89:

normally before real jungle justice is carried,. the men are always triple sure. sad

Where did you get the bold from?

The perpetrators of Jungle justice are usually part of the gangs.

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Never Support Jungle Justice - OlowoB by SaviTar(m): 10:30am On Jul 03, 2017
kingthreatz:

They asked him questions. He answered. I support jungle justice on caught red-handed armed robbers, kidnappers or ritualists. These human elements dont value life and are better off dead.

Satan is rejoicing over your comment.
White people have more reasons to call us animals.
Two wrongs dont make a right.
Change your attitude.

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Never Support Jungle Justice - OlowoB by lakezone67(m): 10:30am On Jul 03, 2017
Nonsense. killing of the residents is jungle injustice.. so they deserve to die by jungle justice... what's good for the goose......
Re: Why I Will Never Support Jungle Justice - OlowoB by maasoap(m): 10:30am On Jul 03, 2017
virus05:
See this akpa man. How ur broda go enta wrong car.. I support jungle justice for any crime.. if you don't kill them they'll go wild. Because them neva kill any member of ur family. Do you know how painful it is
Don't support jungle justice because you as a law abiding citizen could become a victim one day.
The problem here is that many of you do not understand what jungle justice means: it means dishing out justice before proper investigation.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Will Never Support Jungle Justice - OlowoB by MrMystrO(m): 10:31am On Jul 03, 2017
numericalguy:

lol..

Don't mind the mumu OP. Your thieving brother "mistakenly" rushed and entered another man's car and you said he should not be beaten. If the real owner had not been smart and vigilant, that is how your armed robber of a brother would have "mistakenly" stolen the car and "mistakenly" sold it off and "mistakenly" lavished the money in brothels and bars.

Even Evans has been kidnapping people "mistakenly".

Guy Stop na, Please stop! We don't need this kind of mindset in our society, We Really don't, Please!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lawyer Who Cut Off Husband’s Genitals Suspected Him Of Cheating – Witness / Hakeem Odumosu Vows To Tackle Domestic Violence As Husband Beats Wife To Deat / RRS Asks Lagosians To Come And Claim Their Missing Cannabis.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.