Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

The Unspoken Words Of A House Girl - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Unspoken Words Of A House Girl (2514 Views)

She Built A House In Lagos Without Informing Her Husband / My House Girl Is A Petty Thief / House Girl Peeps While Husband And Wife Were Having Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Unspoken Words Of A House Girl by saydfact(m): 12:14pm On Jul 03, 2017
I'm a house girl..

Well, that's what they call me; But my name is Ayo. But in my life, there is no joy. Although there is no joy, I have to smile and act like all is well.

My Oga forgets my name most times. When I hear him shout... Omo yii da? I know he's looking for me to do one work or the other. Work! work!! work!!! is all I do.
I have no life.
I am just a house help.
My madam cannot do without me, the only thing I don't do is bathe her. I have been loyal to her but she treats me like a rag and if I dare look at her husband's face when I greet him, she thinks I want to snatch him.

Madam's children are treated like princesses and I am like a slave for these children, although they are same age as me. They wear pretty clothes and I have no choice but to wait for the clothes to become rags, before they will dash me to wear.

Gate man and driver think I am their automatic entitlement just because I am a house girl. Why do people think that house helps will sleep with driver or gateman?

Just because I am a house help does not mean I have no respect for myself. Life has not been kind to me, misfortune has followed me from the day I was born; If I had a choice in life I would never choose the life that I have.

Everyone treats me less than a human but I have no right to complain. People call me different names, so I am the only one that knows who I really am.

House helps are seen as witches, thieves, husband snatchers, gateman's girlfriend, driver's girls, slaves etc. But God knows who I am.

This house can't function without me yet no one respects me. I am the first to rise in the morning and the last to go to bed but no one ever asks how I'm coping; Life is cruel I must say and I hate to wake another day. Before you treat me the way you do, remember I have feelings just like you.

Please share this post if you are against the mistreatment of house helps, who are mistreated daily, beaten, raped and even killed...

They may have no voice but we can speak up for them by sharing this post.
www.palmchatnow.com

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Unspoken Words Of A House Girl by edimalo(m): 11:48am On Jul 05, 2017
The untold tales of househelps
Re: The Unspoken Words Of A House Girl by eyinjuege: 12:09pm On Jul 05, 2017
It's a pity Nigeria has very few reasonable agencies that source out verified domestic helps.
Being a maid, a nanny are "professions" in themselves.

I believe all nannies need to be qualified and should pass police checks to handle children. They will have their own agencies and even unions that verifies them, make sure they're qualified and also ensure they are protected from any abuse. Of course they have to be adults.
Same as maids. Maids are differnt from nannies. If a person wants to take up the role of a maid and a nanny together, he/she must be officially qualified in both roles, and be part of their various unions.
It's a good idea to have agencies that source out maids. Also there ahould be a registered union for them.These agencies will always protect their staff, and the union their members from abuse.
Now, regarding child labour, that's another ball game altogether. The govt needs to make laws against such(if there's none on ground) and be ready to prosecute anyone giving out a child or employing a child as househelps. This also affect parents who give out their underage children as helps, they should be prosecuted.
The challenge faced now, is that our society is one that operates on the extended family type, where any relative can start "training" another man's child. How can th@t be stopped? Who monitors the welfare of these children in their new homes?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Unspoken Words Of A House Girl by saydfact(m): 10:16pm On Jul 08, 2017
edimalo:
The untold tales of househelps

Lecturer
Re: The Unspoken Words Of A House Girl by shevon: 7:09am On Jul 09, 2017
Na wah o. And our own help left with the excuse that since we moved from PHC to Lagos we have not been giving her as much work as we do in PHC, all she does all day is eat and sleep.
Re: The Unspoken Words Of A House Girl by true2home(m): 2:31pm On Jul 09, 2017
Seriously!!! she left for not having anything to do? and all she does is eat and sleep? so you are telling us that YOU WASH HER DISHES while she lived for free its very obvious why she left. this write-up is referring to people like you exactly!!!

shevon:
Na wah o. And our own help left with the excuse that since we moved from PHC to Lagos we have not been giving her as much work as we do in PHC, all she does all day is eat and sleep.

2 Likes

Re: The Unspoken Words Of A House Girl by saydfact(m): 3:59pm On Jul 09, 2017
shevon:

shocked shocked - what!! a reason... Make I just lol

1 Like

Re: The Unspoken Words Of A House Girl by shevon: 6:25pm On Jul 09, 2017
true2home:

Seriously!!! she left for not having anything to do? and all she does is eat and sleep? so you are telling us that YOU WASH HER DISHES while she lived for free its very obvious why she left. this write-up is referring to people like you exactly!!!

Lol... If only you know what I'm capable of. She's the least of all the problem my wife and I had.
When she says we don't give her work to do, she meant, unlike when we were in PHC (she's from Rivers by the way and ours was her first time outside her village in Elele), she does the house chores and also goes to the market too; I guess that afforded her time to meet her people. But since we moved (and this was her first time ever outside Rivers State) we didn't want any wahala till she got to know the 'Lagos' way, so we restricted her to only house chores of which when she was done cleaning the house (which includes the dishes like you'd want the world to believe I did for her) she has nothing else to do. My kids are grown and my wife hasn't gotten a job here in Lagos, so she (my wife) pretty much takes care of the kids.
So, don't be quick to pass comments about "people like you" when you don't really know them. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Unspoken Words Of A House Girl by saydfact(m): 9:30am On Jul 10, 2017
true2home:

are u suggesting she was been offered to Oga or driver..lol grin grin grin
Re: The Unspoken Words Of A House Girl by saydfact(m): 1:51pm On Jul 10, 2017
shevon:

Lol... If only you know what I'm capable of. She's the least of all the problem my wife and I had.
When she says we don't give her work to do, she meant, unlike when we were in PHC (she's from Rivers by the way and ours was her first time outside her village in Elele), she does the house chores and also goes to the market too; I guess that afforded her time to meet her people. But since we moved (and this was her first time ever outside Rivers State) we didn't want any wahala till she got to know the 'Lagos' way, so we restricted her to only house chores of which when she was done cleaning the house (which includes the dishes like you'd want the world to believe I did for her) she has nothing else to do. My kids are grown and my wife hasn't gotten a job here in Lagos, so she (my wife) pretty much takes care of the kids.
So, don't be quick to pass comments about "people like you" when you don't really know them. smiley

God bless ur hussle... You do well - another wld have seen it as an opportunity to over-use her for errand etc

I guess she needed some free time and wasnt seeing it..
Re: The Unspoken Words Of A House Girl by true2home(m): 1:35pm On Jul 11, 2017
I did not say that ooo...lol

saydfact:

are u suggesting she was been offered to Oga or driver..lol grin grin grin
Re: The Unspoken Words Of A House Girl by true2home(m): 1:40pm On Jul 11, 2017
Sorry for suggesting that your treated her unfairly. I guess you are one of the few that appreciated your help. And your analysis of her village market and encounter with her family explains why she will want to return to PHC. Remain cool and accept my apology.

shevon:

Re: The Unspoken Words Of A House Girl by shevon: 2:42pm On Jul 11, 2017
wink
true2home:
Sorry for suggesting that your treated her unfairly. I guess you are one of the few that appreciated your help. And your analysis of her village market and encounter with her family explains why she will want to return to PHC. Remain cool and accept my apology.

Re: The Unspoken Words Of A House Girl by saydfact(m): 10:39pm On Jul 11, 2017
true2home:
I did not say that ooo...lol

Lol.. grin grin grin
Re: The Unspoken Words Of A House Girl by obontami: 4:29pm On Jul 12, 2017
I'll only be of help to a house help if only she can help me in putting my dick in her mouth and suck it good. Mind you, you must be well endowed in the ass department!

Thank you.
Re: The Unspoken Words Of A House Girl by saydfact(m): 6:32am On Jul 13, 2017
SMH
Re: The Unspoken Words Of A House Girl by saydfact(m): 9:50am On Jul 14, 2017
obontaami:
I'll only be of help to a house help if only she can help me in putting my dick in her mouth and suck it good. Mind you, you must be well endowed in the ass department!

Thank you.

and u wld have female kids oohhh

1 Like

Re: The Unspoken Words Of A House Girl by Ezionye(f): 9:47pm On Jul 14, 2017
I hope I will be good to my " house help" if I am to have one. There is no justification for treating a fellow human being like a nobody
Re: The Unspoken Words Of A House Girl by saydfact(m): 6:50pm On Jul 15, 2017
Ezionye:
I hope I will be good to my " house help" if I am to have one. There is no justification for treating a fellow human being like a nobody

That's the spirit.. So help you God
Re: The Unspoken Words Of A House Girl by saydfact(m): 9:56pm On Jul 17, 2017
Well said.. .

(1) (Reply)

Who Will Marry Him? / Is This Normal? / Health, Skin & Hair Benefits Of Raw & Unrefined Shea Butter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.