Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,494 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:43 PM

The Implication Of Biafran Nation - Ekweremadu Speaks - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Implication Of Biafran Nation - Ekweremadu Speaks (7160 Views)

Attrocities Of Biafran Soldiers During Civil War / Picture Of Biafran Children Shot To Death In 1968 #may30th / Uli Airport - A Symbolic Shrine Of Biafran Resistance By Francis Elekwachi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Implication Of Biafran Nation - Ekweremadu Speaks by GavelSlam: 7:11am On Jul 04, 2017
PreyingMantis:
Shut up your putrid mouth!

I have taken time to observe that fella over a long period of time. He's a phoney. It's not about divergent opinions... It's simply what it is. He's a fake.

Yes sir,

Your father Sir.
Re: The Implication Of Biafran Nation - Ekweremadu Speaks by PreyingMantis(m): 7:13am On Jul 04, 2017
wirinet:
With the current structure, Nigeria cannot survive without oil. I cannot say if Nigeria would have diversified their economy away from oil in 30years time, but if it continues to rely on crude for over 70% of its foreign earnings, then Nigeria would not survive. A good reference is Venezuela. The country is failing simply because oil revenues dried up.

Now answer the question, how will Biafra survive without oil revenue? How will you earn money to run your government and stabilize your economy ( including exchange rates) without petrodollars?
Manufacturing and Agriculture.... Besides there is sufficient oil to keep the place running. The reason why Nigeria has stagnated is because we've refused to think outside the box. Everybody is fixated on oil revenue and there is chronic laziness pervading the entire polity.

Biafra is a child of circumstance and will definitely pull through. Igbos are ingenious and that's the most important factor to consider.
Re: The Implication Of Biafran Nation - Ekweremadu Speaks by wirinet(m): 7:20am On Jul 04, 2017
Dedetwo:

You cannot seize anybody's property and think it is fun. This is stream of thought from a lazy drone. I repeat secession or gain of independent does not mean the lose of naturally guaranteed inaliablbe rights of people. If the dumbass Nigeria even think of such idiotic move, it will face worse retaliatory actions from around the world including military intervention.

You are just on an emotional rant without basis in reality. Your rights as a foreigner is determined by the host government. Countries have expelled certain nationals and nothing happened. Presently, Saudi Arabia and other Gulf states have given Qatar citizens quit notice and all the Qataris are doing is try to negotiate a resolution of the crisis. Nobody would bomb the gulf states because of it.

In the event of Nigeria Nationalizing Biafran assets or expelling all Biafrans from Nigeria, what retaliation can Biafrans exert? Expel Nigerians and seize Nigerian owned assets in Biafra ( Igbo states and other igboid groups in the south south)? Please do the maths and tell me the mean, median and mode of the equation.

2 Likes

Re: The Implication Of Biafran Nation - Ekweremadu Speaks by wirinet(m): 7:32am On Jul 04, 2017
PreyingMantis:
Manufacturing and Agriculture.... Besides there is sufficient oil to keep the place running. The reason why Nigeria has stagnated is because we've refused to think outside the box. Everybody is fixated on oil revenue and there is chronic laziness pervading the entire polity.

Biafra is a child of circumstance and will definitely pull through. Igbos are ingenious and that's the most important factor to consider.

Like the adage goes, what a young bride will look like when she matures, can be inferred from the looks of the mother. What are the manufacturing and Agricultural base of the present biafran states? Where are the raw materials, agro allied industries, machine tools, machines, power, transportation system, manpower, etc to support a manufacturing and agricultural base in present day proposed Biafra? To day, which of the state governments earn any appreciable revenue from this manufacturing and agriculture?
The Igbo states still depends of Bail out funds from oil revenues from the nigerdelta to pay salaries.

2 Likes

Re: The Implication Of Biafran Nation - Ekweremadu Speaks by tekknow727: 8:04am On Jul 04, 2017
Well said Mr DSP,I'm a fan iPob n nnamdi KANU because atleast he has been able to put away fears from d biarans ,making them to know that using biafran flag is Neva illegal,one can now boldly claimed being a Biafran without fear or intimidation but sometimes,the director's utterances seems to encouraging. He needs to be adviced especially when a public speeches, if not we the will lose our friends n sympathizers. I'm disappointed at his statement on zik,Jonathan and Anambra elections
Re: The Implication Of Biafran Nation - Ekweremadu Speaks by PointB: 11:49am On Jul 04, 2017
PapaBrowne:

Trust me, restructuring would win by a long short.
I have done a sampling everywhere I can and most Igbos prefer restructuring.

And I will explain.

Many people agitating for secession are doing so with the wrong assumption that the South South would readily be a part of Biafra.

I have asked many Biafra supporters if they would readily secede without Rivers state and the answer I get is that there are Igbos in Rivers. Then I asked people of the Igboid groups in Rivers state whether they'd love to go with Biafra and the answer I get is largely that they aren't part of Biafra. Meaning a referendum in Rivers would be totally against Biafra.

Now are the 5 eastern states likely to vote secession in a referendum? Well maybe young people yes, but older people would choose restructuring. Also Igbos living outside of the South East would largely influence family members back home to vote against secession and vote restructuring.

Nnamdi Kanu made too many mistakes at the beginning with his hate speeches as he bred a legion of hateful subscripts who troll the internet attacking even ethnic groups in the South South that were hitherto great supporters of the South East. It's simple no longer made sense for minorities of the South South to continue in thier support of A Biafra that was forcefully including them without any form of dialogue. Terrible strategy.

I'm sorry I can't trust you. tongue tongue

Your sampling does not constitute scientific evidence, as a matter of fact wrong inference were drawn afterward. When faced with the stark reality of a potential Igbo nation or Biafra via referendum, Igbos in the South South will mostly definitely want to join their kiths and kin in the new nation. When this happen, other South South ethnic groups who are skeptical will be wooed to join the train. These holdout ethnic groups will realize at that point that it will be easier to break free from Nigeria and enjoy their 100% resource control under Biafra or on their own. No self-respecting ethnic group will want to waste time remaining in Nigeria. Expect a domino effect!

Concerning the referendum itself, Igbos outside Igboland, may not know how where it pinches, and will surely struggle to exert any level on influence over those who are voting at home. How many of these Igbos were able to mobilise people to vote for GEJ in the last election? The everyman for himself mantra will drive the vote. IPOB rhetorics and continual reminders of the servitude and pain of being part of Nigeria will sway voters. Expect landslide victory in favour of Biafra.

In anycase, the five South East state have resources (human and natural) to sustain a country, and thrive while at it. Even though oil is overrated, it doesn't mean SE don't have enough of it to sustain an Igbo nation. Investment in Oil and Gas and other sector will shoot up. The Igbo man ingenuity and doggedness will propel the new nation to rapid growth. International Airports will boast diplomacy and foreign trade, and large cargo airports will mitigate the need for sea access if it comes to that. And it will be easier to hold our official accountable without having to deal with the Nigeria factor.

IPOB/Nnamdi Kanu's so-called hate speech is what has brought us to this point. Juxtapose it with MASSOB/Nwazuruike's approach and tell us which is far more effective. Kanu's strategy's is scripted straight from Sun Tsu Art of War, and Robert Greene's 48 Laws of Power, and that's proved more effective than MASSOB/Nwazuruike's scatter gun methodology. And if you insist Kanu made a mistake with his approach, then wait until Igbos are denied referendum and Igbo presidency by 2019 to know what hate speech is! It's better Nigeria deal with this issues now and fast. Meanwhile, restructuring without the significant buy-in of the people will only postpone the doomsday! Better we make our own mistake than to live in other people's mistakes or retreat in fear!

Kanu has indeed set the ball rolling for the 'destruction of Nigeria' with his brand of bitter truth.

Now Nigeria has to die, if Nigeria is to live!
Re: The Implication Of Biafran Nation - Ekweremadu Speaks by PointB: 12:09pm On Jul 04, 2017
GavelSlam:

What is lame about how a nation would decide to conduct its affairs after much acrimonious separation?

Did you think it was going to be separation with hugs and kisses?

No one expects the separation between a parasite and a host to be a love affair.

1 Like

Re: The Implication Of Biafran Nation - Ekweremadu Speaks by owobokiri(m): 3:46pm On Jul 21, 2017
RoyalUc:

'That useless generation of igbos should just go and die..' Do you have a father? If you do, I believe he might be part of that generation. Now if all the notable, educated, highly placed Igbo men, home and abroad have cautioned the way this agitation is going and all the young, inexperienced, hot-blooded men do is insult them and tag them as 'sabos', who do you have left? What do make of a Nation built on 'tigbu-tigbu...zogbuo-zogbuo?'
Why don't you channel this same energy to holding your Governors to account for thier stewardship and provide quality leadership for the people. This is the time to build our home.
What exactly is the FGN taking away from the East? If we can't develop now that we are given 'free monthly allocations', what guarantee do you have that we will do better when we don't get such extra income?
I think it is time to keep sentiments aside and be realistic. We can avoid unnecessary hardship and death by soft pedalling now that we have gotten the attention we need.

Afonja spittle everywhere. . I guess being realistic means accepting political slavery from a bunch of political misfits whose only quest in power is to loot , loot and loot. If you think i should hold my governors responsible, you should first explain why you cant hold yours responsible. You are full of it. How dare you sit there in that squalid dingy hut of yours and start to prophesy about the way Biafra will fail, when the country you now occupy is the biggest embarrassment to the black man anywhere... It cant get worse than Nigeria , so it must be better with Biafra..

1 Like

Re: The Implication Of Biafran Nation - Ekweremadu Speaks by owobokiri(m): 3:48pm On Jul 21, 2017
PointB:

No one expects the separation between a parasite and a host to be a love affair.

Ouch!
Re: The Implication Of Biafran Nation - Ekweremadu Speaks by RoyalUc(m): 9:20pm On Jul 21, 2017
owobokiri:

Afonja spittle everywhere. . I guess being realistic means accepting political slavery from a bunch of political misfits whose only quest in power is to loot , loot and loot. If you think i should hold my governors responsible, you should first explain why you cant hold yours responsible. You are full of it. How dare you sit there in that squalid dingy hut of yours and start to prophesy about the way Biafra will fail, when the country you now occupy is the biggest embarrassment to the black man anywhere... It cant get worse than Nigeria , so it must be better with Biafra..

Ameeeeeeen!
Re: The Implication Of Biafran Nation - Ekweremadu Speaks by Okwyjesus(m): 10:41pm On Jul 21, 2017
mrBN:

Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu has joined the league of other prominent Igbo leaders to douse the tension of agitation for Biafra in South-East.

Chief Ekweremadu bared his mind in a keynote he delivered over the weekend at a stakeholders meeting comprising the five South-East governors, members of the National Assembly, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, religious leaders and other selected Igbo leaders of thought held at Nike Lake Resort, Enugu, on Saturday, 1st July 2017.

The lawmaker whose presentation, titled: “Biafra: The legal, political, economic and social questions,” reportedly set the tone for discussion at the meeting, said the renewed agitation for Biafra began shortly after the 2015 elections, following the President Muhammadu Buhari-led government’s policy of 97 and five percent.

According to him; "While the Igbo have every reason to be aggrieved and the right to ventilate their grievances, with a view to seeking equity and justice, through “democratic and non-violent means, we should also not allow our emotions to rule over our reasoning.

"As our people say, it will not be good to hear that the she-goat delivered in tether when elders are at home. Questions would eventually be asked. History would inquire if no elder was at home when the toad put to bed and the baby toad grew up a puffed creature because no one cared to stretch it’s hands or legs.

“There are two major opinions as to the way forward for Ndigbo at a trying time like this. We have mostly the younger generation, who believe they have had enough of the Nigerian union, which they have described in unprintable terms. The other is restructuring, which seems to appeal more to the older generation.

“Ndigbo also need to understand both the local and international political tides and sentiments to be able to make the right choices because the considerations for self-determination go beyond just the South-East.

“Already, extreme utterances and actions by some key elements in the agitation for Biafra are taking tolls on our goodwill, friendship, and the sympathy we enjoy. Insults hurled at religious and political leaders of other regions are not helping us, politically.

“South-East’s political future should therefore be put in context of its economic interest and survival. The Igbo have larger chunk of their investments outside the South East. Our people have invested heavily in every nook and cranny of Nigeria. They are into trading. Imagine a situation where a Republic of Biafra would have to depend on Nigerian passports to travel out.

“Importantly, as I mentioned earlier, we are not certain that the South-South will go with the Biafra idea. And in the event that they do not, what are our options for economic survival? Flowing from this, what guarantee do we have for international support if the main oil bearing region pulls out, knowing that no nation is a Santa Claus?

“Realistically speaking, is it possible that all Ndigbo living in the other parts of Nigeria, many of whom were born and bred outside Igbo land, and have been well assimilated by their host communities will return home? Many have never visited home and do not even speak Igbo language. Can we realistically expect those who have their investments in other parts of Nigeria to willingly abandon them and head home?

“Although international systems seek to guarantee the security of lives of peoples and their properties on either side of the divides, should there be a self-determination process that leads to the emergence of a new nation, such guarantees are not absolute and difficult to enforce, especially in a society such as ours.

“The quit notice and hate spewed by the Arewa youths to Ndigbo point to the fact that all is not well. And it calls for caution because the mother hen does not run without looking back to know the fate of her chicks,” Ekweremadu, added.

He stressed the need to set up a committee for a continuous engagement and moderation of IPOB, other pro-Biafra organisations and their leaders to avoid hate speeches and reckless statements that will make us lose our friends and sympathisers.

Source: http://www.abacityblog.com/2017/07/the-implication-of-biafran-nation.html

Wisdom at its peak.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adamawa Governorship: Trbunal Dismisses Binani's Petition, Affirms Fintiri (PDP) / The Politics Of "our Time" / Al-mustapha’s 2nd Bombshell: Ige, Adesanya Scuttled Abiola’s Mandate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.