Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,729 members, 7,806,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida (8017 Views)

Almajiri Voting In The North. "Fear Not" Not = North (photos) / For Nigerians: US Is The Biggest Evil NOT North Korea (2) / To Nigerians: US Regime Is The Biggest Evil Not North Korea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by nengibo: 4:32pm On Jul 03, 2017
cumbak60:

Madam Nengi, I'll have a showdown with you when the time comes, but for now, stay focus. Oya, limp back to topic. sad
Showdown How old are you? 3
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Kyase(m): 4:32pm On Jul 03, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

My brother, everyone is facing it.
Organized crime, comes in different forms.
Do you know what the people of omoku, where I work are facing.
Look at southern Kaduna, taraba, ikorodu.
The federal government and state governments have failed us, do you think it is regionalism which is a mini federal government and a macro state government, that will solve it.
A lot of things need to start happening right, and one of those things is giving power genuinely back to the local governments.

If every village in Nigeria likes let them formal a country, we will still have problems.
We have a polluted mindset as Nigerians, they earlier we realize and work on it they better for us.
gbam, so why are we doing that.
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Proudlyngwa(m): 4:36pm On Jul 03, 2017
Kathmandu:
Are you people alright at all. Somebody opens a thread to talk about Middle belt and carving their own niche. The trio of you with that boy Proudlyngwa and nenigbo wants to derail it with your Igbo nonsense.

Can't you people open your own thread? Are you people really alright at heart?

Shame on you people

I don't blame you, being anonymous, gives you the privilege to call anyone you see boy.
This is a public forum and we are free to air our views about it, you don't like it your problem.
He opened a thread calling themselves middle belt on a public forum, I countered, so what's your issue.
If you do not want want your issues discussed kindly take it to a what's appropriate group or a closed Facebook group, or better still use text messaging.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Proudlyngwa(m): 4:37pm On Jul 03, 2017
Kyase:
gbam, so why are we doing that.
You are the one calling for regionalism.
Let me ask you which has failed more since the return of democracy.
The federal government or the state government.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by cumbak60: 4:38pm On Jul 03, 2017
nengibo:

Showdown How old are you? 3
I'll soon tame your obsessive obsession with Igbo matter.
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by givbitcoin: 4:41pm On Jul 03, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

Really. Who did you defeated apart from the Hausas which you have made your eternal slaves.

You only spared them because you needed slaves that you will lording over. Well that is the headache of your Hausa Slaves.

The Kanuris, The Tivs, The Jukuns, The Idomas, The Beroms etc were never defeated by your rampaging and blood thirsty fore fathers . WHat you could not achieve in 18th century is what you are using your herdsmen to stylishly achieve in 2017, by committing genocide against the minorities.

Before the advent of colonialism, we had defeated all what is today known as Northern Nigeria. We conquered, to a large extent, the ancient Yoruba kingdom. We put Ibos to rout during their Biafra craze.

In all these, we said no victor, no vanquished. That is magnanimity. Tell me, where else in this whole world has a nation conquered another in a fair battle and still choose to dine on the same table with them.

And here, the Yoruba have contaminated some ethnic groups with their disloyalty and backstabbing and everybody is talking nonsense.
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Proudlyngwa(m): 4:42pm On Jul 03, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Kindly restrict your comments to facts and subjects you are versed in.

How can you say the problems of Nigeria started with geo political zones ?

Geo political zoning is one of the few good legacies of PDP rule. The late Chuba Okadigbo was the enunciator and architect of the present system of geopolitical stratification of Nigeria.
Recall that the regional system has been defunct since 1967, the state system is too cumbersome and the division of Nigeria into North and South is too crude and does not reflect either gross or nuanced political differences.
The geopolitical division of Nigeria into six zones was a work of genius. It had highlighted commonalities and differences between the groups without increasing acrimony.

Finally Northern Nigeria does not begin in the middle belt. It never has despite lies over the years. To claim so, is like saying yorubaland begins in Delta state because Itsekiri live there.

Really Geopolitical creation, a genius stroke.
Wonderful.
What was the criteria used in creating Geopolitical zones.
Who said Northern Nigeria begins in the middle belt, am just asking where is this middle belt situated geographicaly.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by coptic: 4:46pm On Jul 03, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Kindly restrict your comments to facts and subjects you are versed in.

How can you say the problems of Nigeria started with geo political zones ?

Geo political zoning is one of the few good legacies of PDP rule. The late Chuba Okadigbo was the enunciator and architect of the present system of geopolitical stratification of Nigeria.
Recall that the regional system has been defunct since 1967, the state system is too cumbersome and the division of Nigeria into North and South is too crude and does not reflect either gross or nuanced political differences.
The geopolitical division of Nigeria into six zones was a work of genius. It had highlighted commonalities and differences between the groups without increasing acrimony.

Finally Northern Nigeria does not begin in the middle belt. It never has despite lies over the years. To claim so, is like saying yorubaland begins in Delta state because Itsekiri live there.

You are a wise man!
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by SuperS1Panther: 4:46pm On Jul 03, 2017
givbitcoin:

Before the advent of colonialism, we had defeated all what is today known as Northern Nigeria. We conquered, to a large extent, the ancient Yoruba kingdom. We put Ibos to rout during their Biafra craze.

In all these, we said no victor, no vanquished. That is magnanimity. Tell me, where else in this whole world has a nation conquered another in a fair battle and still choose to dine on the same table with them.

And here, the Yoruba have contaminated some ethnic groups with their disloyalty and backstabbing and everybody is talking nonsense.

See this mad man.

FUlanis are only good for one thing -- being herdsmen..

Tell us how you conquered the Jukuns, Tivs, Idomas, Yorubas, Ibos Beroms, Kanuris etc

Tell the world the war you fought to conquer Yorubaland. Mind you we still have Oba in Kabba and Jebba, which are our farthest settlements and the most vulnerable towns to your blood thirsty grandfathers.

8 Likes

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by givbitcoin: 4:55pm On Jul 03, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

See this mad man.

FUlanis are only ood for one thing -- being herdsmen..

Tell us how you conquered the Jukuns, Tivs, Idomas, Yorubas, Ibos Beroms, Kanuris etc

Tell the world the war you fought to conquer Yorubaland. Mind you we still have Oba in Kabba and Jebba, which are our farthest settlements.

Maybe history will repeat itself soon. To the Southerners that love causing problems, tell me, are you going to fight by throwing pure water at us? Or will you haul stones? I laugh at you
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 5:02pm On Jul 03, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Wonderful.
Who said Northern Nigeria begins in the middle belt, am just asking where is this middle belt situated geographicaly.

I am not a fan of PDP rule, but give credit where credit is due. Without the geopolitical zone structure Nigeria would have collapsed not long after 1999. Have you forgotten all the crises of the Obasanjo era ?

1 Like

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 5:03pm On Jul 03, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Wonderful.

I am not a fan of PDP rule, but give credit where credit is due.
You may take it for granted now but this arrangement has not always been obvious. Without the geopolitical zone structure Nigeria would have collapsed not long after 1999. Have you forgotten all the crises of the Obasanjo era ?
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:07pm On Jul 03, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

I am not a fan of PDP rule, but give credit where credit is due.
You may take it for granted now but this arrangement has not always been obvious. Without the geopolitical zone structure Nigeria would have collapsed not long after 1999. Have you forgotten all the crises of the Obasanjo era ?
I asked what was the criteria for creating Geopolitical zones.
What logic was used in grouping cross river and Edo state as one.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by tuniski: 5:08pm On Jul 03, 2017
Proudlyngwa:
Bros, there is nothing like middle belt, just as there is nothing like South South,
Middle belt of what exactly.
I am middlebelter come and beat me!
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by PapaBrowne(m): 5:11pm On Jul 03, 2017
Kathmandu:
Are you people alright at all. Somebody opens a thread to talk about Middle belt and carving their own niche. The trio of you with that boy Proudlyngwa and nenigbo wants to derail it with your Igbo nonsense.

Can't you people open your own thread? Are you people really alright at heart?

Shame on you people

Very sorry.

I totally agree with the idea. And we the minority of the South share very similar opinion with the middle belt.

I have always used the term middle belt and would continue to use it even more.
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:18pm On Jul 03, 2017
tuniski:

I am middlebelter come and beat me!
Is middlebelter, your tribe or state.

Oya take it

1 Like

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by PapaBrowne(m): 5:20pm On Jul 03, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Simple. We are all minority of similar cultural disposition. That's the bond we have. And that's perfect for us.We are not complaining.
And also we are all coastal people with fairly direct access to the sea.
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 03, 2017
EzeUche:

I support a Middle Belt free of Hausa hegemony.

All Igbos love freedom. It is the sweetest thing.
Who do you think you are fooling? You love the middle belt land for the food security your landlocked SE cannot provide. Why do you think IPOB included benue in their fictional map?
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 03, 2017
Ogbuefi2020:

The only people grabbing land in Igala and Idoma are not the people that drew a map but those killing them off so that their cattle can graze
Not according to IPOB
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by tuniski: 5:26pm On Jul 03, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Is middlebelter, your tribe or state.

Oya take it
It is my region. Abi South east,south west abi north west na people tribe or state?
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Ogbuefi2020: 5:27pm On Jul 03, 2017
PapaBrowne:

Yeah, a good example there with Ikwerre. And that's the beauty of been in this minority collective which Ekwueme rightly named South South. Here there are no dominators. Imagine in Delta state, the smallest tribe, the Itsekiri ruled for 8 years.

God Created man. Ethnic groups formed over time as a result of traveling and resettlements.

And in the real sense there is really nothing like ethnic groups. It's just basically a combination of language and culture which are just himan creations passed on over generations.
Lol, @No dominators, Ikwerres have been ruling since 1999. But all states in the south east have had governorship rotate among all senatorial zones since 99. The majority ethnic group who insist on joining the minority are the incompetent dominators, when they join their kinsmen, they are irrelevant low achievers but they like to stick to smaller ethnic groups to dominate
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 5:30pm On Jul 03, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Ethno-linguistic similarities, shared history, similar political affinities, similar topography, similar natural resources, mutual consent.
I am from Edo state. Do you have a better place to fix us ?
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:33pm On Jul 03, 2017
tuniski:

It is my region. Abi South east,south west abi north west na people tribe or state?

Is it a geographic region or cultural region.

And where and where makes up the region.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Ogbuefi2020: 5:36pm On Jul 03, 2017
PapaBrowne:

Very sorry.

I totally agree with the idea. And we the minority of the South share very similar opinion with the middle belt.

The middlebelt are crying over the hausa-fulani hegemony which is merging with them but down here in the south, igbos are the ones who separated you and gave you a distinct name from their own zone, so your case is not same with them
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by SuperS1Panther: 5:36pm On Jul 03, 2017
givbitcoin:

Maybe history will repeat itself soon. To the Southerners that love causing problems, tell me, are you going to fight by throwing pure water at us? Or will you haul stones? I laugh at you

Mscheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew.

I even thought you have something upstairs in your brain to share, I never knew you are as shallow and empty as Public Water Tap.

3 Likes

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:36pm On Jul 03, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Ethno-linguistic similarities, shared history, similar political affinities, similar topography, similar natural resources, mutual consent.
I am from Edo state. Do you have a better place to fix us ?
Lol similar culture and topography between akwaibom, cross river and Edo.
I laugh in swahili

Geographically you are from the south west.

Bringing politics into geographic landmarks was a tactical masters token to weaken the south eastern region.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:37pm On Jul 03, 2017
PapaBrowne:

Simple. We are all minority of similar cultural disposition. That's the bond we have. And that's perfect for us.We are not complaining.

Minority yes, similar culture no.
Where are you from

1 Like

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Kyase(m): 5:38pm On Jul 03, 2017
Proudlyngwa:
You are the one calling for regionalism. Let me ask you which has failed more since the return of democracy. The federal government or the state government.
both
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 03, 2017
PapaBrowne:

Very sorry.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by elpj: 5:39pm On Jul 03, 2017
There can't be north central if there is no south central. It should either be central Nigeria or north or south. Even the federal government address people from d central part of Nigeria as north central. Where is south central? There is need for the legislatures to adress this issue.
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Ogbuefi2020: 5:39pm On Jul 03, 2017
PapaBrowne:

Big lie, Igbos are culturally related to Ibibio than any other south south group, secondly, Aba is more coastal than Auchi, and not all south south are minorities as there is substantial igbo population in Rivers and Delta. There is nothing binding the south south. Its just a way to separate the minorities to avoid suspicion of domination which was done by the Igbos themselves

1 Like

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:40pm On Jul 03, 2017
Kyase:
both
Both have failed,
I agree, but which has failed more.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"APC Won't Miss Migrant And Rolling Stone Politicians" - Oshiomhole Says / Some People Wont Sleep After Seeing This Picture ("Graphic") / Banji Folaranmi, Others Arraigned For Death Threat, Forgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.