Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,838 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman (49620 Views)

COVID-19: Christ Embassy Church Shut Down In Akwa Ibom State / FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja / Why I Left Christ Embassy Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by donnie(m): 7:54am On Jul 12, 2017
MiddleDimension:

who is a man of god?

according to oyakhilome: a man of god is not just someone who worships god or who preaches god. a man of god is hand-picked by god, set on cause by god...

from what i know about david, he was hand-picked by god. remember how he got annointed as king when samuel didnt think a man as small as david could not be king.

also, allah said of david that david is a man after his heart.

it looks like from the def of who a man of god is, as given by oyakhilome, david has always been a man of god from the outset

That you are called or hand picked doesn't mean you automatically are a Man of God. There is a manner in which you are raised by God himself. There are credentials you must have. His definition agrees with this and so does Rev Dr Chris himself.
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by donnie(m): 7:59am On Jul 12, 2017
Ever8054:
Oga matured Christian,.. pastor Chris said he can't sin as a man of God,the video w is on internet go watch it then come back and denie it let me tell you what you are..and you saying you are righteous and holy makes me wonder why you are arguing that your pastor didn't say so.
..so tell me to ignore the bible passage of the bible that Jesus Christ said"none is righteousness,not even the angels in heaven except God.for you to say u are righteous and holy means you are God..Mr man borrow sense pls.or is it the passage that said" all have sin and come short of the glory of God?..

No wonder ... your level of ignorance is alarming. SMH
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by MiddleDimension: 10:39am On Jul 12, 2017
donnie:

That you are called or hand picked doesn't mean you automatically are a Man of God. There is a manner in which you are raised by God himself. There are credentials you must have. His definition agrees with this and so does Rev Dr Chris himself.

so what credentials is a man supposed to have, and in what manner of way is he supposed to be raised by god himself in addition to him being hand-picked by god in order to now automatically become a man of god?
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by MiddleDimension: 10:50am On Jul 12, 2017
Joagbaje:

So you've read some verses of the Bible . What now hold you back from God.

nothing holds me back from any god. The bible is a literature which most people in the world have access to. There are good things in it which i think is relevant to all peoples of the world regardless the religion and culture. So does the quran and the hindu scriptures as well as the book of the dead of the ancient Egyptians and all the documents of every religion, culture etc cutting across time and geographical space. There are also awful things in all those books too which i think should be outrightly disregarded by any man who appreciates goodness and beauty. And if he cannot disregard them completely, he should at the very least, give them a different interpretation so that they can become a bit useful.
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by donnie(m): 10:50am On Jul 12, 2017
MiddleDimension:

so what credentials is a man supposed to have, and in what manner of way is he supposed to be raised by god himself in addition to him being hand-picked by god in order to now automatically become a man of god?

Such discussions are very spiritual, too high... not the sort of discussions we've been having on this thread.
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by MiddleDimension: 10:57am On Jul 12, 2017
donnie:

Such discussions are very spiritual, too high... not the sort of discussions we've been having on this thread.

i still see nothing stoping you from going on ahead with that discussion even on this thread. Who knows, it could change the course of this thread from the current dickk measuring contest that it currently is, to that which to you is more spiritual.
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by donnie(m): 11:20am On Jul 12, 2017
MiddleDimension:

i still see nothing stoping you from going on ahead with that discussion even on this thread. Who knows, it could change the course of this thread from the current dickk measuring contest that it currently is, to that which to you is more spiritual.

First, He is known to speak only as God speaks. He speaks as the Oracle of God. He is never interested in giving his opinion...only Gods opinion matters. He brings forth the wisdom of God in any situation.

His life is one-way...one purpose... no time for frivolities.
There is power in their mouths. You never hear them use their mouths carelessly, for insults, foul speech, careless jesting or for putting others down. When they open their mouths, anything they say is backed by God. He doesn't seek to please or promote himself but the God who sent him.

There are miraculous signs and wonders accompanying them, to prove that God sent them. The Power and authority they wield is too great, the reason why they are careful to speak only as He commands. They could loose their ministries and even their very lives if they live contrary to God's will.

Now you don't just get to this point simply because you are called or chosen. God raises His men.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by Joagbaje(m): 3:04pm On Jul 12, 2017
MiddleDimension:

nothing holds me back from any god. The bible is a literature which most people in the world have access to. .

are you aware the bible is a book of prophecy. which talks about past present and future. every religion teaches about some moral principles. man trying to please God through good works to be accepted by him. but christ is Gods way of bringing man to himself. . not only that ,but also it is the. life of God in human body.
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by Ever8054: 3:07pm On Jul 12, 2017
eplanning:

Sharrap there you witch! Was it Pastor Chris that put his wife away or she put him away?
can you tell me why she put him away?..cause she mentioned improper relationship with his female members,so what the heck are you saying?
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by Ever8054: 3:12pm On Jul 12, 2017
donnie:

No wonder ... your level of ignorance is alarming. SMH
you with high level of wisdom can not defend the nudity and worldly activities going on in your hip-hop denomination.. lol
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by Maestro21: 3:57pm On Jul 12, 2017
Ever8054:
can you tell me why she put him away?..cause she mentioned improper relationship with his female members,so what the heck are you saying?

Same reason Judas betrayed Jesus.

1 Like

Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by Maestro21: 3:58pm On Jul 12, 2017
Ever8054:
you with high level of wisdom can not defend the nudity and worldly activities going on in your hip-hop denomination.. lol

You are the only person seeing the nudity. I attended a meeting between June 28- July 1 that had more than 15k people in attendance and I saw no single indecently dressed lady. Not like I was looking for anyone though.

1 Like

Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by MiddleDimension: 4:28pm On Jul 12, 2017
donnie:

First, He is known to speak only as God speaks. He speaks as the Oracle of God. He is never interested in giving his opinion...only Gods opinion matters. He brings forth the wisdom of God in any situation.

His life is one-way...one purpose... no time for frivolities.
There is power in their mouths. You never hear them use their mouths carelessly, for insults, foul speech, careless jesting or for putting others down. When they open their mouths, anything they say is backed by God. He doesn't seek to please or promote himself but the God who sent him.

There are miraculous signs and wonders accompanying them, to prove that God sent them. The Power and authority they wield is too great, the reason why they are careful to speak only as He commands. They could loose their ministries and even their very lives if they live contrary to God's will.

Now you don't just get to this point simply because you are called or chosen. God raises His men.

Melchizedek called Abraham as "...of the most high god". By this, i think he, a priest of god from salem, is identifying Abraham as a man of god.

But Abraham, when he came in contact with the king of Egypt (i think, i cannot remember the kingdom of that king anymore), denied sarah to be his wife. He sort of...lied about Sarah being his wife. So in this case, did he speak as god would speak in that situation? His lieing was out of fear. Can we say god himself has any iota of fear in him or that god sometimes acts out of fear? Will all of that be the definition of a god that the christians tell us they believe in and back u that belief with the scripture "...i've not given you a spirit of fear...? But he was called by melchizedek as "...of the most high god", anyway.

Oyakhs also said that the kind of things you see about a man god are: "when he misses the message of god, or when he acts beyond what god said...". But Abraham, a man of god as melchizedek called him, did something other than "...missing the message of god" and acting "...beyond what god said..."; he told a lie that Sarah wasn't his wife!

So you can see that contrary to what you said that the man of god is "...known to speak only as god speaks...", Abraham of the most high god, according to the king James bible, spoke in a way the christian god, in the way the christian bible and christians make us to believe, would not speak.

You also said that the man of god "is never interested in giving his opinion...only god's opinion matters".

Well, when god had the opinion to destroy Sodom and Gumorah, Abraham of the most high god offered his own personal opinion. He said: "what if i find so so so number of people there that are just...". There was a debate between the two of them. Long story short, he won the debate at last and god gave in to the opinion of abraham.

So you can see that in contrast to your definition of who a man of god is, Abraham of the most high god...a man of god, behaved differently. So how do you explain this?
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by Ever8054: 4:57pm On Jul 12, 2017
Maestro21:

You are the only person seeing the nudity. I attended a meeting between June 28- July 1 that had more than 15k people in attendance and I saw no single indecently dressed lady. Not like I was looking for anyone though.
chaii...people can lie for Christ embassy.. indecent dressing that is the trade mark of that denomination...

1 Like

Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by Ever8054: 5:07pm On Jul 12, 2017
Maestro21:

Same reason Judas betrayed Jesus.
Judas betrayal of Jesus Christ was a prophecy fulfilled..and Judas never accused Jesus of any wrong doing..so if you said Anita betrayed Chris for same reason that Judas betrayed,you can as well tell me when it was prophecies that Anita would betray Chris,and the book where I can find it,cause its not in the scripture. or is it in rhapsody of reality?.. Una funny shaa...
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by Maestro21: 5:39pm On Jul 12, 2017
Ever8054:
chaii...people can lie for Christ embassy.. indecent dressing that is the trade mark of that denomination...

The same regurgitated lies. I have been there for a decade. If you saw someone indecently dressed, it was in a crusade or outreach or a first timer in a church service. CEC men and women are the best dressed in the country. Quote me.

2 Likes

Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by Maestro21: 5:42pm On Jul 12, 2017
Ever8054:
Judas betrayal of Jesus Christ was a prophecy fulfilled..and Judas never accused Jesus of any wrong doing..so if you said Anita betrayed Chris for same reason that Judas betrayed,you can as well tell me when it was prophecies that Anita would betray Chris,and the book where I can find it,cause its not in the scripture. or is it in rhapsody of reality?.. Una funny shaa...

You people try too hard to appear knowledgeable. Which prophecy mentioned Judas' name? Did Peter not betray Jesus too with cussing?

Nobody said Pastor Anita betrayed anybody. The same way Judas disagreed with Jesus' teachings, calling and authority, the same could happen to any MOG. That is what I meant. Dermas and Paul is another example.
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by Ever8054: 8:54pm On Jul 12, 2017
Maestro21:

The same regurgitated lies. I have been there for a decade. If you saw someone indecently dressed, it was in a crusade or outreach or a first timer in a church service. CEC men and women are the best dressed in the country. Quote me.
best dress in the country as in worldly dressing or what...I live just a pole away from CEC on airport road Rumodumanya port Harcourt.. don't worry I will start taking pictures of your members from a hiding position,so that I will open a trend with here.make sure you don't come and tell me they are pictures from a night club but that's how they appear anyway!!. I got a different idea that you won't argue...make a video instead... lalalala..
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by MiddleDimension: 9:17pm On Jul 12, 2017
Maestro21:

You people try too hard to appear knowledgeable. Which prophecy mentioned Judas' name? Did Peter not betray Jesus too with cussing?

Nobody said Pastor Anita betrayed anybody. The same way Judas disagreed with Jesus' teachings, calling and authority, the same could happen to any MOG. That is what I meant. Dermas and Paul is another example.

from what i read in the christian bible, Judas did not betray Jesus because he disagreed with Jesus' calling, teaching and authority. Infact, the bible never insinuated it anywhere within its pages that he disagreed with Jesus at a point in time. The only thing that was said of him was that he suggested that Mary of Magdala should not have wasted the perfume on Jesus' feet; that she should have sold it and given the money to the poor. Of course he said that for the kind of person he was: a greedy thief.

He betrayed Jesus because he was greedy. He loved money and that's why he often times helped himself of the money bag that was commited to his care as the treasurer of thhe group. You can find this in the gospel of Luke.
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by MiddleDimension: 9:40pm On Jul 12, 2017
Joagbaje:

are you aware the bible is a book of prophecy. which talks about past present and future. every religion teaches about some moral principles. man trying to please God through good works to be accepted by him. but christ is Gods way of bringing man to himself. . not only that ,but also it is the. life of God in human body.

the quran is also claimed by its believers, the Ummah, as a book of prophesy that tells the past, the creation of man; tells the present, how Islam will be divided after the death of Russul'llah, into a spiritually significant number 72; and tells the future, what will happen to the unbelievers on the last day. It is the same with so many oral and written scriptures of different cultures of present and time past.

Yes, the bible foretold a day when "nations will fight against nations..." etc. But the fact remains that nations have always fought nations, and kingdoms against kingdoms even before Jesus was ever born! So it is not telling us anything new!

There is absolutely nothing special about the bible! Unless by "special", you don't mean unique, priviledged or superior.
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by donnie(m): 10:05pm On Jul 12, 2017
MiddleDimension:

Melchizedek called Abraham as "...of the most high god". By this, i think he, a priest of god from salem, is identifying Abraham as a man of god.

But Abraham, when he came in contact with the king of Egypt (i think, i cannot remember the kingdom of that king anymore), denied sarah to be his wife. He sort of...lied about Sarah being his wife. So in this case, did he speak as god would speak in that situation? His lieing was out of fear. Can we say god himself has any iota of fear in him or that god sometimes acts out of fear? Will all of that be the definition of a god that the christians tell us they believe in and back u that belief with the scripture "...i've not given you a spirit of fear...? But he was called by melchizedek as "...of the most high god", anyway.

If you'd read that account properly you'd find that Abraham was just beginning his walk with God. There was still so much God would teach him. At this time, Abraham was still shaky in his faith.

MiddleDimension:
Oyakhs also said that the kind of things you see about a man god are: "when he misses the message of god, or when he acts beyond what god said...". But Abraham, a man of god as melchizedek called him, did something other than "...missing the message of god" and acting "...beyond what god said..."; he told a lie that Sarah wasn't his wife!

Hey hey... @bolded, If we must continue, you will learn to address Rev Dr Chris or Pastor Chris properly... or do you have a problem with according a man of his standing the honour and respect that he deserves?

You think God is more interested in the lie Abraham told than the gravity of allowing the spirit of fear to control him, influencing his actions? That's why I said discussions such as these are for the spiritually minded.

Besides, Pastor Chris said, a Man of God is one who has settled the issue of worldliness. You will not find a man of God setting himself against God or living in defiance against God like the lies those bloggers published. That's not the same as saying a man of God can never do wrong.

MiddleDimension:

You also said that the man of god "is never interested in giving his opinion...only god's opinion matters".

Well, when god had the opinion to destroy Sodom and Gumorah, Abraham of the most high god offered his own personal opinion. He said: "what if i find so so so number of people there that are just...". There was a debate between the two of them. Long story short, he won the debate at last and god gave in to the opinion of abraham.

That was not a debate... It's called INTERCESSION. Again, only the spiritually minded believers will understand.

MiddleDimension:

So you can see that in contrast to your definition of who a man of god is, Abraham of the most high god...a man of god, behaved differently. So how do you explain this?

Abraham too had to take his own tests (several actually) and pass.
"Man of God" is not a mere title... There are preachers and there are men of God.

1 Like

Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by Maestro21: 10:59pm On Jul 12, 2017
MiddleDimension:

from what i read in the christian bible, Judas did not betray Jesus because he disagreed with Jesus' calling, teaching and authority. Infact, the bible never insinuated it anywhere within its pages that he disagreed with Jesus at a point in time. The only thing that was said of him was that he suggested that Mary of Magdala should not have wasted the perfume on Jesus' feet; that she should have sold it and given the money to the poor. Of course he said that for the kind of person he was: a greedy thief.

He betrayed Jesus because he was greedy. He loved money and that's why he often times helped himself of the money bag that was commited to his care as the treasurer of thhe group. You can find this in the gospel of Luke.

Perhaps you should leave exegesis for actual Christians don't you think?

1. When other disciples called Jesus "Lord" Judas referred to him as "Teacher". That was all Jesus was to him. He questioned his status as the master whose position was non-negotiable.

2. To buttress this, he felt Mary Magdalene's gift to Jesus was not worthy of him. If he truly believed Jesus was the messiah he would not have said so.

3. Jesus referred to Judas as the "son of Perdition". In Christian parlance that means he rejected Christ's salvation despite it being provided to him like it was to Peter (who also denied Jesus) but he tossed it aside for self-righteousness which is why he committed suicide despite knowing better having walked with Jesus for 3 years.

Judas is no different from any Agnostic, Atheist or persons of other religions who believe that Jesus was just a good teacher who had some good teachings. Jesus has to be seen for who he is which is Lord and God. If you countervene this, then you are questioning his calling, teaching and authority. Period.
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by Maestro21: 11:05pm On Jul 12, 2017
Ever8054:
best dress in the country as in worldly dressing or what...I live just a pole away from CEC on airport road Rumodumanya port Harcourt.. don't worry I will start taking pictures of your members from a hiding position,so that I will open a trend with here.make sure you don't come and tell me they are pictures from a night club but that's how they appear anyway!!. I got a different idea that you won't argue...make a video instead... lalalala..

Please keep taking pictures of them from your pole away. You really have a lot on your plate seeing the amount of time you have to conjure such a thought.

While you are at it, ask them if they are first timers or leaders.

I surmise you are a fan of the ministry but don't know how to go about it so you are packaging your obsession with feigned disdain. I know your type.
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by Ever8054: 11:21pm On Jul 12, 2017
Maestro21:

Please keep taking pictures of them from your pole away. You really have a lot on your plate seeing the amount of time you have to conjure such a thought.

While you are at it, ask them if they are first timers or leaders.

I surmise you are a fan of the ministry but don't know how to go about it so you are packaging your obsession with feigned disdain. I know your type.
if iam a fan of the ministry I will just sag my trouser and jerycoil my hair and walk in...the ushers will just smile and take me to the front row...
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by Maestro21: 1:04am On Jul 13, 2017
Ever8054:
if iam a fan of the ministry I will just sag my trouser and jerycoil my hair and walk in...the ushers will just smile and take me to the front row...

Jerry curl and sag trousers? In a gathering of 15k CEC men, perhaps only 10 may have a jerry curl on and sag their trousers (nothing wrong with both). But it shows the nature of your mind to think that the tail of a dog wags the dog and not the other way around.

So other Nigerians (including Pastors) don't Jerry curl their hairs? Why single CE out?

Like I said, you are a misdirected fanatic.

1 Like

Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by Ever8054: 5:07am On Jul 13, 2017
Maestro21:

Jerry curl and sag trousers? In a gathering of 15k CEC men, perhaps only 10 may have a jerry curl on and sag their trousers (nothing wrong with both). But it shows the nature of your mind to think that the tail of a dog wags the dog and not the other way around.

So other Nigerians (including Pastors) don't Jerry curl their hairs? Why single CE out?

Like I said, you are a misdirected fanatic.
.....(so other Nigerians including pastors) so, did CE church learn the act from the workd?...the bible said "ye are the light of the world"..which means the world aught to learn from the church and not the church to learn from the world..ur point has just let out what you have been struggling to cover up all along..thanks for reminding me,that the world is really shining its light on CE...
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by Maestro21: 11:20am On Jul 13, 2017
Ever8054:
.....(so other Nigerians including pastors) so, did CE church learn the act from the workd?...the bible said "ye are the light of the world"..which means the world aught to learn from the church and not the church to learn from the world..ur point has just let out what you have been struggling to cover up all along..thanks for reminding me,that the world is really shining its light on CE...

Your statement is dumb. There are other Nigerian and foreign pastors who Jerry Curl their hair but you don't go on their threads to make all this hoopla.

It just shows me you are a fan of CEC but don't know how to go about it.
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by Ever8054: 11:32am On Jul 13, 2017
Maestro21:

Your statement is dumb. There are other Nigerian and foreign pastors who Jerry Curl their hair but you don't go on their threads to make all this hoopla.

It just shows me you are a fan of CEC but don't know how to go about it.
so pastor Chris is jerry curling his hair because
..(a) other people are doing it
..(b) the bible he hold on the pulpit says so...?
pls direct answer ..a or b..no beating about the bush...
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by Maestro21: 3:31pm On Jul 13, 2017
Ever8054:
so pastor Chris is jerry curling his hair because
..(a) other people are doing it
..(b) the bible he hold on the pulpit says so...?
pls direct answer ..a or b..no beating about the bush...

Your question does not even make sense. Why do you comb your hair or cut it or Iron your clothes?

Because other people are doing it?

Because the bible says so?

1 Like

Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by Ever8054: 3:50pm On Jul 13, 2017
Maestro21:

Your question does not even make sense. Why do you comb your hair or cut it or Iron your clothes?

Because other people are doing it?

Because the bible says so?
you have not answered my question which means you are short of ideas to defend your jerry curl man of god who is more concern with worldly things and not the teachings of our saviour..
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by Maestro21: 4:09pm On Jul 13, 2017
Ever8054:
you have not answered my question which means you are short of ideas to defend your jerry curl man of god who is more concern with worldly things and not the teachings of our saviour..

The answer to your question is in my question to you. No need for scriptures as they would fly over you. So logic will do.
Re: A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman by Ever8054: 4:17pm On Jul 13, 2017
Maestro21:

The answer to your question is in my question to you. No need for scriptures as they would fly over you. So logic will do.
since we started this argument I have quoted scriptures that are in line with statement,you only quoted one out of context so give me scriptures to defend your divorced,gate fee collector from people to worship God,auctioning of miracle cloths,receiving money from criminals and refusing to return it under the pretext of seed sowing and jerry curl pastor they will never fly over me...just try me with one pls.thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » / Lessons To Learn From The Life Of An Eagle. / Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.