Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,561 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) (15505 Views)

The Making Of Our Earthen Fish Pond ( Pics, Videos) / The Signpost At A Plantain Garden: "Steal With Joy & Die With Tears" (Photo) / Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by oyetpel(m): 9:04am On Jul 18, 2017
Most of my maize have started having tassels.
I will snap the picture tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by oyetpel(m): 9:08am On Jul 18, 2017
So yesterday i sun dried eggshell.

Then i grounded it to very tiny particles and served it to the snails.

They gulped it overnight, with nothing left.

I guess they like it.

They have refuse to consume water leaf(gure) again since i have been giving them pawpaw leaves, water melon and now the eggshell.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by Munzy14(m): 11:25pm On Jul 19, 2017
omobabalawo:

jampacks maize on a tiny piece of land
maize:
lol. considering pollination and good yiel, his spacing is superb. he is very sure of double cob on each plant at least.
Again the plants look green and healthy, no cause for alarm nutrients wise.
just talking from experience though.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by oyetpel(m): 6:46am On Jul 20, 2017
Munzy14:

lol. considering pollination and good yiel, his spacing is superb. he is very sure of double cob on each plant at least.
Again the plants look green and healthy, no cause for alarm nutrients wise.
just talking from experience though.

Its as if you have seen the garden in reality.

They are so green, with broad leaves, big stem.

The ones in front should have been tall to, but some goats ate their leaves at some point, which slowed their growth.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by Seun(m): 11:52pm On Jul 20, 2017
@oyetpel: Can you post the latest pics? Thanks.
Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by Yhemit(m): 4:26am On Jul 21, 2017
great job @oyet
Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by oyetpel(m): 10:27am On Jul 21, 2017
Tassels are out on the maize plants.

Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by Seun(m): 10:52am On Jul 21, 2017
oyetpel:
Tassels are out on the maize plants.
This is lovely. Kudos.
Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by oyetpel(m): 1:28pm On Jul 25, 2017
Day 23 (Lagos Spinach)
1) Before planting
2) Day 23

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by jidestroud(m): 2:04pm On Jul 25, 2017
oyetpel:
Day 23 (Lagos Spinach)

1) Before planting

2) Day 23

Nice to see them doing so well. Lagos spinach you mean Soko right and not Tete? I've not been able to successfully nurse the Tete (Green).
Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by oyetpel(m): 2:47pm On Jul 25, 2017
jidestroud:

Nice to see them doing so well. Lagos spinach you mean Soko right and not Tete? I've not been able to successfully nurse the Tete (Green).

Yes, Soko.
Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by Yhemit(m): 3:15pm On Jul 25, 2017
you're great sire.....
Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by Seun(m): 3:23pm On Jul 25, 2017
jidestroud:
What challenges did you have with Tete?

1 Like

Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by jidestroud(m): 4:11pm On Jul 25, 2017
Seun:
What challenges did you have with Tete?

Probably due to overcrowding (I tried dispersing it with sand mixture, didn't work), excessive heat (tried covering with palm leaves; it didn't work) etc.

It grows perfectly, then after about 5-10days everything withers away. Still finding a way around it. (Tete - the White Green as popularly called )
Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by jidestroud(m): 4:14pm On Jul 25, 2017
oyetpel:

Yes, Soko.
Ok, Cool. Wish I could come transplant a few from you to plant.
Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by manitoba(m): 6:48pm On Jul 26, 2017
I thought I was the only one having this challenge recently. I have been able to successfully grow Tete (Green) in my previous location but I have been unable to even see the seeds germinate in my new location. I guess the challenge might be weather or seed related. Within this same period, I have been able to experiment with Tomatoe(Roma VF), Raddish/Daikon, Ewedu and Avocado Pear and it all turned out successful.
jidestroud:

Probably due to overcrowding (I tried dispersing it with sand mixture, didn't work), excessive heat (tried covering with palm leaves; it didn't work) etc.

It grows perfectly, then after about 5-10days everything withers away. Still finding away around it. (Tete - the White Green as popularly called )
Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by oyetpel(m): 10:52am On Jul 27, 2017
As i was checking my snail pen this morning i saw a tiny snail and it looks as if its just hatched.

So i decided to check inside the pen, lo and behold i saw 5 snail eggs buried inside sand.

My snails have started laying eggs.

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by oyetpel(m): 10:54am On Jul 27, 2017
Tomato update.

1) Tomato bed

2) Tomato plant on bed

1 Like

Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by jidestroud(m): 3:43pm On Jul 27, 2017
oyetpel:
Tomato update.

1) Tomato bed

2) Tomato plant on bed

Super cool, but you have to thin it down to one per spacing. This gives room for healthy tomato plant. Tomatoes don't do well in clusters.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by oyetpel(m): 10:16am On Aug 10, 2017
updates from my garden coming soon............
Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by oyetpel(m): 10:19am On Aug 10, 2017
Maize (Day 75)

1 Like

Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by oyetpel(m): 10:22am On Aug 10, 2017
Snake tomato (Day 72)
1) Snake tomato plant 2) Snake tomato fruit

1 Like

Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by oyetpel(m): 10:26am On Aug 10, 2017
Efo soko (Day 38)

It's a shame from these market people that sells seeds.

I ask for Efo soko, yet it was mostly green leaf (tete) that were aplenty, some chocorus plant were also among the seeds.

Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by oyetpel(m): 10:30am On Aug 10, 2017
Potato leaves are so lovely, they have heart shape.
Can we say potato leaves depicts love?

1 Like

Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by oyetpel(m): 10:32am On Aug 10, 2017
The general view of the farm.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by eddyline(m): 10:51pm On Aug 10, 2017
where did you get your snake tomato seeds?
Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by oyetpel(m): 11:40pm On Aug 10, 2017
eddyline:
where did you get your snake tomato seeds?

From a friend.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by Etesam(m): 2:54am On Aug 11, 2017
Kudos bro
Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by jidestroud(m): 9:45am On Aug 11, 2017
oyetpel:
Efo soko (Day 38)

It's a shame from these market people that sells seeds.

I ask for Efo soko, yet it was mostly green leaf (tete) that were aplenty, some chocorus plant were also among the seeds.

Lol, and this is me here looking for Green (tete) to plant. But on a serious note, I could buy that bed from you right this minute to be transplanted to my already prepared beds.

Why don't you transplant to a more spacious bed (well I don't know if you still have room for that) so you can have healthy plants. It could also help separate the Soko from the Tete (not that it matters though).
Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by oyetpel(m): 5:11pm On Aug 11, 2017
jidestroud:

Lol, and this is me here looking for Green (tete) to plant. But on a serious note, I could buy that bed from you right this minute to be transplanted to my already prepared beds.

Why don't you transplant to a more spacious bed (well I don't know if you still have room for that) so you can have healthy plants. It could also help separate the Soko from the Tete (not that it matters though).

Would have replanted some of the veges, but no space.
Re: The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) by oyetpel(m): 9:39am On Aug 17, 2017
The snake tomato now looks like a cucumber, and also like a black man's erected pecker.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos Assembly Members, Abisola Olusanya Inspects Imota Rice Mill Project / A Business Plan On The Establishment Of Poultry Farm / Snail Farming In Nigeria – Benefits, Advantages, Facts About Snail Farming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.