Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,647 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. (19332 Views)

Nigerian Lady In The US Army Confused Her Colleague With Pidgin English / Why You Must Learn Digital Marketing / Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by fait10(m): 4:37pm On Jul 04, 2017
My sister stop asking guys what they do for a living, they will lie,,, just take them to bed and count how many round they can go
One round - rich guy
Two rounds - doing well in life
Three rounds - unemployed
Four rounds - broke as hell
THANK ME IF YOU WANT

5 Likes

Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by fait10(m): 4:38pm On Jul 04, 2017
An average Nigerian lady is a slay Queen

2 Likes

Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by ugofr(f): 4:40pm On Jul 04, 2017
Talk2Bella:

I agree with you to a point, you don't go into a business without the knowledge, like your case, u can make hair, u have an idea about the business already all you need to do is expand and monetize it.

farming isn't as easy as projected please do not be deceived it's not about getting a land and hiring laborers, u need to know when to weed, what type of cassava you're planting, the type or soil you're planting on, when to harvest etc

nothing is easy hence we learn everyday
it's expensive to get labourers when you don't know anything about farming, they will milk you. you must learn to cut loses. e. g. one who has oil palm plantation spends a lot just to cut it down for you, farming is another thing all together, it is either you pay double or you cook for them. I don't know about others but my village pple don tear eye finish.

1 Like

Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by Talk2Bella(f): 4:44pm On Jul 04, 2017
ugofr:
it's expensive to get labourers when you don't know anything about farming, they will milk you. you must learn to cut loses. e. g. one who has oil palm plantation spends a lot just to cut it down for you, farming is another thing all together, it is either you pay double or you cook for them. I don't know about others but my village pple don tear eye finish.

exactly

1 Like

Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by Talk2Bella(f): 4:44pm On Jul 04, 2017
fait10:
My sister stop asking guys what they do for a living, they will lie,,, just take them to bed and count how many round they can go
One round - rich guy
Two rounds - doing well in life
Three rounds - unemployed
Four rounds - broke as hell
THANK ME IF YOU WANT

this your analysis ehn

lool

2 Likes

Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by Talk2Bella(f): 4:45pm On Jul 04, 2017
McBrooklyn:

It's the náked truth, ma'am... tongue
lool

1 Like

Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by kingsony: 4:46pm On Jul 04, 2017
Keep it up
Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by fait10(m): 4:47pm On Jul 04, 2017
Talk2Bella:

this your analysis ehn

lool
is it not true smiley smiley smiley
Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by Tchinaidi(m): 4:50pm On Jul 04, 2017
Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by porozhniy(m): 4:52pm On Jul 04, 2017
Op, you shouldn't have made this about the ladies to avoid unnecessary insults on ur gender.
A lot of us graduates are still hung up on the ultimate white-collar dream that we are painfully unaware of our environment.
Apart from 'em hard skills, we are so severally deficient in leadership, PR and marketing skills.
Any successful entrepreneur must marry both hard & soft skill.
I like how you described your sewing experience, that's what keeps us going during downtimes, more ink to ya pen or elbow as the case may be.

2 Likes

Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by StevensJojo(f): 4:58pm On Jul 04, 2017
Writing is a skill

1 Like

Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by porozhniy(m): 4:58pm On Jul 04, 2017
Benita27:
Na people wey no get functioning brain she go tell. grin

@Bella, I could go into all the aforementioned without using my hands. All I'll need is capital and labour.
Anybody can!
Who is going to fund your idea is the million dollar question.
Unless you from a wealthy home, ur only option is to either get a job or slug it out on the streets.
Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by muller101(m): 5:05pm On Jul 04, 2017
Benita27:
The aim to be productive. I don't need to learn a skill to be in a particular field of labour. Your case of Cassava farming for example, since you've got a land, simply hire a labourer who's into farming, get them plant for you, and after six-months, you could do the harvesting, peeling, washing and sun drying yourself. Days later you could hire another set of labourers to fry for you. Depending on the quantity.

I make hair very well and if I should open a standard saloon tomorrow, I'd still employ the professionals in hair making, and may be doing less in the saloon.
harvest cassava in 6monrhs?. Even if it's hybrid stems it's not possible.
Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 04, 2017
porozhniy:

Anybody can!
Who is going to fund your idea is the million dollar question.
Unless you from a wealthy home, ur only option is to either get a job or slug it out on the streets.
What do you call a million dollar idea?. Lol, to learn a skill you need money to do so and to start up a business you also need money to do that. What I stated isn't a even a million naira idea.
Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 04, 2017
muller101:
harvest cassava in 6monrhs?. Even if it's hybrid stems it's not possible.
So how long does it take cassava to mature for harvest?.
Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by LordKO(m): 5:09pm On Jul 04, 2017
@OP

Not until people like you understand that skill can be either mental or manual, would I begin to take anyone of you serious.

What everyone, not just women, need is to have an understanding of something valuable (i.e. skill) and commercialize same for the betterment of self and others. . . When you commercially better the lives of others through that which you understand, what you will gain in return is money.

I bet you, someone that's intelligent but has indignation for manual work can never make any headway should she go ahead to acquire skill in such line of act and vice versa.

1 Like

Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by Talk2Bella(f): 5:09pm On Jul 04, 2017
porozhniy:
Op, you shouldn't have made this about the ladies to avoid unnecessary insults on ur gender.
A lot of us graduates are still hung up on the ultimate white-collar dream that we are painfully unaware of our environment.
Apart from 'em hard skills, we are so severally deficient in leadership, PR and marketing skills.
Any successful entrepreneur must marry both hard & soft skill.
I like how you described your sewing experience, that's what keeps us going during downtimes, more ink to ya pen or elbow as the case may be.

yes truly it shouldn't be about my gender alone but most times we are at the receiving end
Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by muller101(m): 5:10pm On Jul 04, 2017
Benita27:
So how long does it take cassava to mature for harvest?.
10 to 12 months
Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by Talk2Bella(f): 5:10pm On Jul 04, 2017
LordKO:
@OP

Not until people like you understand that skill can be either mental or manual would I begin to take anyone of you serious.

What everyone, not just women, need is to have understanding of something valuable (i.e. skill) and commercialize same for the betterment of self and others. . . When you better the life of others true that which you understand what you gain in return is money.

I bet you, someone that's intelligent but has indignation for manual work can never make any headway should she go ahead to acquire skill in such like of act and vise versa.

valid point
Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by porozhniy(m): 5:23pm On Jul 04, 2017
Benita27:
What do you call a million dollar idea?. Lol, to learn a skill you need money to do so and to start up a business you also need money to do that. What I stated isn't a even a million naira idea.
You didn't get me, it's a known fact that getting funding for new businesses from financial institutions or govt is very difficult except you have family willing to back you.
I simply asked how you intend to secure the much needed funding for your new business/idea.
Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 04, 2017
porozhniy:

You didn't get me, it's a known fact that getting funding for new businesses from financial institutions or govt is very difficult except you have family willing to back you.
I simply asked how you intend to secure the much needed funding for your new business/idea.
Have got a family that all I need to give is a proposal at the when I'm ready.
Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by RealHaute: 5:31pm On Jul 04, 2017
Makydebbie can make shawarma and bake just about any type of cake you can imagine. grin

Oops! Did I say too much? tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by Talk2Bella(f): 5:39pm On Jul 04, 2017
StevensJojo:
Writing is a skill
exactly what I said to my mum
lool
Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by Talk2Bella(f): 5:41pm On Jul 04, 2017
RealHaute:
Makydebbie can make shawarma and bake just about any type of cake you can imagine. grin

Oops! Did I say too much? tongue

awesome skill

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by GoldHorse(m): 5:41pm On Jul 04, 2017
I could give you a thousands kisses for this!!!! You are going places dear!!!

3 Likes

Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by MzJin(f): 5:43pm On Jul 04, 2017
professorfal:
"who needs skill when you've got a pussy"
What my ex would say.

Wahala dey oooooo.......................
Re: Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. by MzJin(f): 5:45pm On Jul 04, 2017
TheMainMan:
shocked shocked shocked
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin as in e no give me strength to comment......some guys like to dey reason like popcorn

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

VETIVA Capital Management / Which Science Course Can Someone Apply For With D7 In Chemistry / Peter Obi Needs His Own Labour Party At National Assembly - Obi Aguocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.