Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official (38518 Views)

Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers / Customs Gives Account Of Vehicles Seized Since President Buhari Came Into Power / Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by Bostin(m): 3:59pm On Jul 10, 2017
Rainmania:
It's normal with a new system. Servers can be overloaded. Just cause its down now doesn't mean it didn't work. Signed up on the fifth of July everything went well. Anyways I won a bid for a Toyota corolla 2010. I'm expected to pay 25% for overcharge duties though but don't mind. This is a good development, now everyone has a fair chance to bid. It's all automated so no one can influence it. It's all about the highest bidder. Uber things loading grin
Bro I need to talk to you please ,please send your phone number to worldgreatest01 at gmail.com
Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by Kcinho(m): 11:17am On Jul 12, 2017
So I tried to bid for a 2003 Toyota Corolla some minutes ago and I was told I can't go below 6,230,000.
It's obvious the system has been hijacked.
People make an initial bid of 250,000 then subsequent bids of 6 million to prevent others from bidding.
Then once the auction closes the 6 million bid defaults and the 250000 bid wins being the second highest bid.
The auction is an e-scam

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by olamikhx(m): 12:36pm On Jul 12, 2017
Nigerian and their greediness. The moment I saw people putting millions on cars that doesn't even worth 200k, i know something is fishy. It is either greediness or sabotage.
The best thing to do is either do close bidding or prevent rate which people can increase the quoted price.

The success and failure depends on Nigerians and those behind the innovation.

Kcinho:
So I tried to bid for a 2003 Toyota Corolla some minutes ago and I was told I can't go below 6,230,000.
It's obvious the system has been hijacked.
People make an initial bid of 250,000 then subsequent bids of 6 million to prevent others from bidding.
Then once the auction closes the 6 million bid defaults and the 250000 bid wins being the second highest bid.
The auction is an e-scam

1 Like

Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by inspektor(m): 12:40pm On Jul 12, 2017
custom is not auctioning any seized cars...SCAM!!! be wise
Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by snipesdam(m): 1:00pm On Jul 12, 2017
This e-auction thin has been hijacked oooo. I don't imagine someone paying for a car less worth of 500k bidding for it @10million. The fellow must high on warri weed. They will eventually use this medium to compensate cabal members. If then its just a sabotage then these items will be placed back for auction again after two weeks, because the fellow will not pay such ridiculous amount.

Only the first auctioned items could be genuine.

See yourself all auctions made so far.
https://app1.trade.gov.ng/eauction/

1 Like

Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by eddie7: 6:31am On Jul 15, 2017
Nigeria Customs Services (NCS) is warning fraudulent bidders involved in making unrealistic bids to stay off its e-auction platform or risk prosecution.

Mr Joseph Attah, Customs Public Relations Officer, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Friday in Abuja that the service would not spare those undesirable elements making fraudulent and unrealistic bids with the sole aim of polluting the exercise.

According to him, the management of Customs has began moves to reprogramme the platform to make it inaccessible to fraudulent bidders who are discouraging genuine bidders from participating.

Attah said the second batch of 48 hours bidding process that started on Monday at noon and ended on Wednesday at noon was loaded with 115 vehicles and all were bidded for and supposedly won.

” I used the word supposedly because our experience revealed that some bad elements who are criminally minded have launched into platform and started bidding bogus and unrealistic figures just to spoil it.

” You will see where a bidding is ongoing for an item with a reserved bid of N300,000 and people are offering N350,000 to N500,000 and all of a sudden you will see someone from nowhere quoting N5 million to N8 million.

“It is obvious they are jokers who think we are fooling around; remember the rule is that in the event the highest bidder cannot pay within five days, the item reverts to the second highest bidder.

“So what these people have done is to pair themselves up, where one person bids reasonably say N400,000 for an item with a reserved bid of N200,000, the other drops an outrageous figure like N8 million just to ward off potential bidders.

“We know the vehicle is not worth half of that amount in the market. This is unfair,” Attah said.

Attah said that the service would be reprogramming the system in such a way that one cannot bid beyond a certain percentage of the reserved bid or what the average bidders are offering.

He said the system would not allow any bidder to make such exaggerated bids, adding that the system would detect the bidders with their Tax Identification Number (TIN).

“Those bidder will no longer participate in future bid aside from risking of prosecution for such act.

“Again, the system is being reprogrammed in such a way that when the winner fails to pay in five days, the item will revert back into the pool for fresh bidding, instead of going to the second highest bidder.

“The management knew why the TIN was made a mandatory pre-bidding requirement. It gives us your picture, address, phone number, email and other vital information. With this TIN, we will go after these fraudsters,” Attah said.

While giving an assessment of the second batch of bidding process, Attah said the system recorded 2,001 registered bidders.

He added that out of the figure, 1,919 were enabled and participated in the bidding.

“We want to assure the general public that the NCS is determined that e-auction platform succeeds.

“We are motivated by the benefits of the e-auction platform that includes security, opportunity for better revenue generation and the fact that it presents equal opportunity to all Nigerians.

“As a service, we want to continue to engage the general public through a process that is transparent, accountable and capable of safeguarding our integrity,” he added.

Attah said that at the first batch of 48 hours bidding process, 43 bidders emerged winners.

“Out of this figure, 42 have paid for their bids and began collection at the Ogun State Command where the vehicles are located.

Retired Col. Hameed Ali, Comptroller-General of Customs, on July 3 in Abuja, inaugurated the platform aimed at giving all Nigerians equal opportunities to partake in bidding for seized vehicles and to increase customs’ revenue.

http://nigeriacommunicationsweek.com.ng/news/customs-warns-fraudsters-to-stay-off-eauction-platform

2 Likes

Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by dheespectre: 11:57am On Jul 15, 2017
[quote author=akmome post=58255528][/quote]

Yed
Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by folamingo: 5:35pm On Jul 15, 2017
The headline should be,"Bidders exploit loopholes in terms and conditions of the NCS E-Auction". The alleged bidders did not break any rules, NCS did not do their homework well. After the fall out of the exercise, they now realize what they should have done from the beginning.

eddie7:
Nigeria Customs Services (NCS) is warning fraudulent bidders involved in making unrealistic bids to stay off its e-auction platform or risk prosecution.

Mr Joseph Attah, Customs Public Relations Officer, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Friday in Abuja that the service would not spare those undesirable elements making fraudulent and unrealistic bids with the sole aim of polluting the exercise.

According to him, the management of Customs has began moves to reprogramme the platform to make it inaccessible to fraudulent bidders who are discouraging genuine bidders from participating.

Attah said the second batch of 48 hours bidding process that started on Monday at noon and ended on Wednesday at noon was loaded with 115 vehicles and all were bidded for and supposedly won.

” I used the word supposedly because our experience revealed that some bad elements who are criminally minded have launched into platform and started bidding bogus and unrealistic figures just to spoil it.

” You will see where a bidding is ongoing for an item with a reserved bid of N300,000 and people are offering N350,000 to N500,000 and all of a sudden you will see someone from nowhere quoting N5 million to N8 million.

“It is obvious they are jokers who think we are fooling around; remember the rule is that in the event the highest bidder cannot pay within five days, the item reverts to the second highest bidder.

“So what these people have done is to pair themselves up, where one person bids reasonably say N400,000 for an item with a reserved bid of N200,000, the other drops an outrageous figure like N8 million just to ward off potential bidders.

“We know the vehicle is not worth half of that amount in the market. This is unfair,” Attah said.

Attah said that the service would be reprogramming the system in such a way that one cannot bid beyond a certain percentage of the reserved bid or what the average bidders are offering.

He said the system would not allow any bidder to make such exaggerated bids, adding that the system would detect the bidders with their Tax Identification Number (TIN).

“Those bidder will no longer participate in future bid aside from risking of prosecution for such act.

“Again, the system is being reprogrammed in such a way that when the winner fails to pay in five days, the item will revert back into the pool for fresh bidding, instead of going to the second highest bidder.

“The management knew why the TIN was made a mandatory pre-bidding requirement. It gives us your picture, address, phone number, email and other vital information. With this TIN, we will go after these fraudsters,” Attah said.

While giving an assessment of the second batch of bidding process, Attah said the system recorded 2,001 registered bidders.

He added that out of the figure, 1,919 were enabled and participated in the bidding.

“We want to assure the general public that the NCS is determined that e-auction platform succeeds.

“We are motivated by the benefits of the e-auction platform that includes security, opportunity for better revenue generation and the fact that it presents equal opportunity to all Nigerians.

“As a service, we want to continue to engage the general public through a process that is transparent, accountable and capable of safeguarding our integrity,” he added.

Attah said that at the first batch of 48 hours bidding process, 43 bidders emerged winners.

“Out of this figure, 42 have paid for their bids and began collection at the Ogun State Command where the vehicles are located.

Retired Col. Hameed Ali, Comptroller-General of Customs, on July 3 in Abuja, inaugurated the platform aimed at giving all Nigerians equal opportunities to partake in bidding for seized vehicles and to increase customs’ revenue.

http://nigeriacommunicationsweek.com.ng/news/customs-warns-fraudsters-to-stay-off-eauction-platform
Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by mrintelligent(m): 10:01pm On Aug 02, 2017
Please as a bid winner, are you expected or did you pay any other money at the point of picking the car apart from the Bid amount?

I just won an item and the only amount I saw on my assessment page to pay to bank was my Bid Amount.

Kindly guide me through.

Thanks

Rainmania:
It's normal with a new system. Servers can be overloaded. Just cause its down now doesn't mean it didn't work. Signed up on the fifth of July everything went well. Anyways I won a bid for a Toyota corolla 2010. I'm expected to pay 25% for overcharge duties though but don't mind. This is a good development, now everyone has a fair chance to bid. It's all automated so no one can influence it. It's all about the highest bidder. Uber things loading grin
Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by Bostin(m): 11:58am On Aug 05, 2017
mrintelligent:
Please as a bid winner, are you expected or did you pay any other money at the point of picking the car apart from the Bid amount?

I just won an item and the only amount I saw on my assessment page to pay to bank was my Bid Amount.

Kindly guide me through.

Thanks

Pay the winning amount to the bank and go with cash again to pick your winning but the amount I don't know. Please update us how it goes .
Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by mrintelligent(m): 9:45pm On Aug 05, 2017
Bostin:
Pay the winning amount to the bank and go with cash again to pick your winning but the amount I don't know. Please update us how it goes .

Thanks
Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by mrintelligent(m): 4:56pm On Aug 09, 2017
Rainmania:

Bros, Please Did you go with a Notarised Letter to claim your item?
Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by Bostin(m): 10:52pm On Aug 14, 2017
mrintelligent:

Kindly guide me through.

Thanks

How far with your winning bid,have you claimed it? Please update us
Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by mrintelligent(m): 9:57pm On Aug 18, 2017
Bostin:
How far with your winning bid,have you claimed it? Please update us

I just came back from Ogun State.

If your won item is in Ogun Area Command, please check the item no very well to know if your item is in Abeokuta or not.

For example, if your Item No reads: NCS/IDK/****, just go straight to Idiroko Border to claim your item.

If your item no reads: NCS/ABK/****, your item is at Abeokuta Customs Office.

Another thing: make sure you go with enough money for settlement if you want speedy treatment of your file.

Ask me any other question. I will be glad to answer you.

1 Like

Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by Bostin(m): 6:21pm On Aug 19, 2017
mrintelligent:

I just came back from Ogun State.

If your won item is in Ogun Area Command, please check the item no very well to know if your item is in Abeokuta or not.

For example, if your Item No reads: NCS/IDK/****, just go straight to Idiroko Border to claim your item.

If your item no reads: NCS/ABK/****, your item is at Abeokuta Customs Office.

Another thing: make sure you go with enough money for settlement if you want speedy treatment of your file.

Ask me any other question. I will be glad to answer you.
Congrats bro and thanks for the update. Another question is how much is your winning and what is the settlement you paid ? Did they ask settlement per amount you won , Can you bargain the settlement or its fixed.
Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by mrintelligent(m): 11:41pm On Aug 19, 2017
Bostin:
Congrats bro and thanks for the update. Another question is how much is your winning and what is the settlement you paid ? Did they ask settlement per amount you won , Can you bargain the settlement or its fixed.

Let me simplify it for you.
As far as Ogun Area Command (Idiroko) is concerned, your files will go through 4 offices, meaning 4 people will sign your files:

1. OC, Legal: This is the beginning of the process. All the items' files are kept here. Once your files is located, the OC, legal will minute on it and his subordinate will take it to DC, Enforcement's office. (You can beg the man to collect 2-3k. You may give him now or when your file comes back to the office)

2. DC, Enforcement: This is the only place you will not meet the man face to face. Meaning no kobo is paid here. The man will minute on your file and pass it to CPC.

3. APM CPC: (This is where you will get the exit note). You will definitely settle here. They will ask for the photocopy of your means of ID and original evidence of payment. After cross checking and confirming your identity and payment, the exit note will be given to you. The APm will minute on your file and pass it back to OC legal. They collect what is known as OFFICE MONEY here. Btw 2-5k

4. Back to OC, Legal: The man will minute again on the file and send it to OC Security

5. OC, Security: This Is the final stage. This is where you will pick your car. There are two gates here. You will pay 1k to pass thru the first gate while you will have to beg those guys at the 2nd gate before they can collect 2k from you. And again, you will pay 1k to collect key.

You will pay those guys that will help you push your car from the garage to outside. You negotiate with these ones.

That is all.

Special Advise: I will advice you go with battery and fuel pump to pick that car. You will NOT meet battery there. I bought a new battery there for 20k

2 Likes

Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by Bostin(m): 2:35pm On Aug 21, 2017
mrintelligent:

Let me simplify it for you.
As far as Ogun Area Command (Idiroko) is concerned, your files will go through 4 offices, meaning 4 people will sign your files:

1. OC, Legal: This is the beginning of the process. All the items' files are kept here. Once your files is located, the OC, legal will minute on it and his subordinate will take it to DC, Enforcement's office. (You can beg the man to collect 2-3k. You may give him now or when your file comes back to the office)

2. DC, Enforcement: This is the only place you will not meet the man face to face. Meaning no kobo is paid here. The man will minute on your file and pass it to CPC.

3. APM CPC: (This is where you will get the exit note). You will definitely settle here. They will ask for the photocopy of your means of ID and original evidence of payment. After cross checking and confirming your identity and payment, the exit note will be given to you. The APm will minute on your file and pass it back to OC legal. They collect what is known as OFFICE MONEY here. Btw 2-5k

4. Back to OC, Legal: The man will minute again on the file and send it to OC Security

5. OC, Security: This Is the final stage. This is where you will pick your car. There are two gates here. You will pay 1k to pass thru the first gate while you will have to beg those guys at the 2nd gate before they can collect 2k from you. And again, you will pay 1k to collect key.

You will pay those guys that will help you push your car from the garage to outside. You negotiate with these ones.

That is all.

Special Advise: I will advice you go with battery and fuel pump to pick that car. You will NOT meet battery there. I bought a new battery there for 20k

I was offline for days but I will say this is a wonderful breakdown thanks. Again which bank you are using on the platform because am having issues using Access bank?
Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by mrintelligent(m): 2:01am On Aug 22, 2017
Bostin:
I was offline for days but I will say this is a wonderful breakdown thanks. Again which bank you are using on the platform because am having issues using Access bank?

Jaiz Bank

1 Like

Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by Bostin(m): 9:17am On Sep 21, 2017
I have two won cars for sale at Idiroko for cheap price..Used mazda 626 and Opel Kajet @150k each..contact for more details

1 Like

Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by mmb(m): 5:05am On Dec 18, 2017
NCS disabled my account on the e-auction site. I have paid and exited the car for which i was disabled for saying that I did not pay.

who else has experience such?
Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by Bostin(m): 11:06am On Dec 18, 2017
mmb:
NCS disabled my account on the e-auction site. I have paid and exited the car for which i was disabled for saying that I did not pay.

who else has experience such?
Where did get the message@ saying that I did not pay because mine only said User disabled. I dont understand though
Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by mmb(m): 1:53pm On Dec 18, 2017
Bostin:
Where did get the message@ saying that I did not pay because mine only said User disabled. I dont understand though
check your registered mail. There is a message that said you forfeited because you did not pay.
Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by Bostin(m): 2:04pm On Dec 18, 2017
mmb:
check your registered mail. There is a message that said you forfeited because you did not pay.
There is nothing like because I did not paid on the message I received,it is just a forfeited msgs on my Existed vechicles
Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by mmb(m): 2:35pm On Dec 18, 2017
Bostin:
There is nothing like because I did not paid on the message I received,it is just a forfeited msgs on my Existed vechicles
they have activated my account now after sending them mail.
Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by Bostin(m): 2:46pm On Dec 18, 2017
mmb:
they have activated my account now after sending them mail.
Good,I will mail them too
Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by mmb(m): 2:55pm On Dec 18, 2017
Bostin:
Good,I will mail them too
support-ng@webbfontaine.com

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hyundai And Kia Develop World’s First ICT Connected Shift System (photos) / With This Toyota Camatte Petta, Little Kids Can Now Learn To Drive / Toyota Corolla And Toyota Avensis, Which One Is The Best?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.