Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus (15122 Views)

Huawei Hongmeng OS Is Reportedly “60% Faster” Than Google’s Android / Google’s Android Apps Are No Longer Free / 7 Google Applications You Should Have On Your Android Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by blindspot(f): 7:25am On Jul 07, 2017
K
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by LockDown69(m): 7:38am On Jul 07, 2017
Virus on androids are myths.

1 Like

Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by Ias1: 7:46am On Jul 07, 2017
LockDown69:
Virus on androids are myths.
I thought so too until it happened to me
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by Olibboy: 7:48am On Jul 07, 2017
cyrilfosy:
viruses don't attack andriod. stop putting apps that will lag ur phone
virus do. except if you don't use external memory card.
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by ideology(m): 7:56am On Jul 07, 2017
MizMyColi:
but sorry o.
does android have virus too
??
hahahhah was about asking too, I remember the age of Java and symbiam no antivirus then you are in soup, except you don't pair to another device.

In the last 7years, i have been using andriod no antivirus, no virus. shocked

but they are viruses for android though very few and rare

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by Jinf: 7:59am On Jul 07, 2017
You may not know Naija Jam Alert allows you download new Naija songs and music videos right on your android device for free. Quickly [Download it here] now.
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by watchindelta(m): 8:02am On Jul 07, 2017
I dnt use anti virus on my phone. Does fucking shit dere are virus dem self. In my computer i use microsoft internet security
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by gentlegenius(m): 8:05am On Jul 07, 2017
tsunade1979:
I'll go for AVAST Mobile Security it's tested from my phone...
Does it have Call blocking and anti Theft features?
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by mechanics(m): 8:12am On Jul 07, 2017
Thanks, am using that of the avast free anti virus, my phone do hang and i do have to switch it off before it comes back to life, is it virus affecting it?
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by gentlegenius(m): 8:13am On Jul 07, 2017
CzarChris:
CM security is the best of the best
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by openmine(m): 8:13am On Jul 07, 2017
asumo12:

OP won't answer u ooo! But NQ suppose be number 1 on that list tho
yes ohh very powerful and rugged...
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by valboy20(m): 8:17am On Jul 07, 2017
Those stupid apps will drain and slow down your device. Since the past five years, I've never had an Antivirus app on my android and I've been doing great without it. Antivirus are only needed on PCs, it's useless on droid
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by Electronzeez(m): 8:20am On Jul 07, 2017
Don't download any of these apps .
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 07, 2017
Android phones do not carry virus as exaggerated here. I've used lots of them. so I can tell
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by AZeD1(m): 8:36am On Jul 07, 2017
You don't need an anti virus on your mobile phone (Android / IOS).
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by DWJOBScom(m): 8:54am On Jul 07, 2017
funmyade:
6. CM Security

CM Security is a newer Android antivirus app. It has a lot of features and they are generally ones you’d have to pay for in other apps.

PROS

Antivirus, anti-malware, and safe browsing features baked in.
Anti-theft functionality includes Google Maps integration, picture taking support, and scream mode.
Currently boasts a 100% detection rate.
Light on system resources makes it good for older devices.

CONS

Non that we know of.

that's why i use it
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by AZeD1(m): 8:55am On Jul 07, 2017
MizMyColi:
but sorry o.
does android have virus too
??
There's no yes or no answer so i'll give you the middle (What people call virus is actually Malware).
Every app runs in its own sandbox(its own room) and apps are not allowed to do anything outside their rooms except you give the apps permission to do so and that is were malware (virus) comes in.
So whenever you install an app, be very cautious of the permissions you are giving it and anything that looks suspicious should be removed e.g a note taking app asking for permission to use your camera or access your sms is suspicious and should be treated as a rogue app until proven otherwise.

NB
Any app that request for permission to see which other apps are running and see sensitive log data should not be installed.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by MizMyColi(f): 9:11am On Jul 07, 2017
AZeD1:

There's no yes or no answer so i'll give you the middle (What people call virus is actually Malware).
Every app runs in its own sandbox(its own room) and apps are not allowed to do anything outside their rooms except you give the apps permission to do so and that is were malware (virus) comes in.
So whenever you install an app, be very cautious of the permissions you are giving it and anything that looks suspicious should be removed e.g a note taking app asking for permission to use your camera or access your sms is suspicious and should be treated as a rogue app until proven otherwise.

NB
Any app that request for permission to see which other apps are running and see sensitive log data should not be installed.

Thank You.
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by joenor(m): 10:23am On Jul 07, 2017
Nice one.
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 07, 2017
Olibboy:
virus do. except if you don't use external memory card.

external memory card is not part of your andriod and mind you antivirus can't protect your external sd.

1 Like

Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by SleekMadam: 11:14am On Jul 07, 2017
CzarChris:
CM security is the best of the best

NQ Mobile security and Antivirus is also very very good
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by spoilerx: 11:30am On Jul 07, 2017
paolokonqueror:
The importance of Antivirus on your phone cannot be exaggerated

useless for android phones
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by DJInfluence: 12:20pm On Jul 07, 2017
All these anti virus crap will only slow down your phone and in some cases kill your battery faster. The best way to protect your phone is not to click on shady links or download from shaddy website.
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by Olibboy: 1:44pm On Jul 07, 2017
cyrilfosy:

external memory card is not part of your andriod and mind you antivirus can't protect your external sd.
antivirus can protect ur external SD card. I'm a living testimony whenever my antivirus corrupt and I fail to install a new one. my SD corrupted twice.
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by Ejadike(m): 1:51pm On Jul 07, 2017
Nice one OP. I've been looking for whoch antivirus I could use. Bless
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by Drabrah(m): 3:39pm On Jul 07, 2017
eluquenson:
I don't see any essence of downloading all this app mentioned, they are just a mere ad platform.
Ever since i have been using android phone = Tab, i hardly have issues relating to virus or malware.

Anyway, some might find it cool on their gadget.

Concur.
Every time I buy new phone & d guys @ d mall ll always wanna persuade me to coman install anti virus as if it's a missing component dat was mistaken deleted by d manufacturers. Then I'll ask masef y I'm I gonn pay wen I can easily download from store. So I refused cos of d money. Last 1 I bought @ 3CHub, d guy already took me to d section as if dat's a must passed stage. Told him No! & he was looking@ me wt wonderment .
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by CzarChris(m): 4:42pm On Jul 07, 2017
gentlegenius:

Yeah it does.
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 07, 2017
funmyade:

4. AVG Antivirus Security

The AVG Antivirus app comes in two types: that is free and Pro. The free version has a fairly basic set of features while the paid version has most of the extended features.

PROS

The free version comes with the basics like antivirus, anti-phishing, and anti-malware.
With over 100 million installs and a 4.4 rating, sometimes, you can trust the public on what apps are good.
The paid version comes with a host of unique and advanced features like app backup, app locks and SIM locking.
Anti-theft features are in both free and paid versions.
Several other features.

CONS

Most secure browsing features are locked to the home Android browser that most people don’t use.
It is quite complex to operate.

I love AVG
That's the one I use.
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by chubinwa(m): 5:50pm On Jul 07, 2017
does antivirus work on phones? I considered it inconsequential since I don't use it and hav nt encountered any malfunctions in ma phone.
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 08, 2017
shiftback:

The traditional virus problems of the kind you might see on Windows or Mac computers do no affect mobile platforms in the same way because of the way they were designed.
According to the folks at Google, There is absolutely no need to install any antivirus app whatsoever on your Android smartphone. However, most of these antivirus apps like the one listed by OP listed offer much more than just antivirus. The antivirus is usually just one component of the Android protection packages. So a stand-alone Antivirus app is not necessary tbh but it is a good-to-have feature as part of a bigger package. Such packages often include easy-to-use backup features for user’s data, privacy protection like sim lock, app lock and remote wipe in case the phone gets lost, etc.

looks like this will be covered in the kind of relationship between TrustLook and Tecno Mobile

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

House Lets Hack Mtn Recharge Cards / 5 Reasons Why We Take And Post Selfies. / HELP!! My Airtel Social Bundle Cannot Open Facebook, Google And Gmail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.