Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,692 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts (19924 Views)

Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts / Don't Laugh Me, Love Me ( A Short Story) / No More Room For Love- By Loudest Thoughts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts by cbella(f): 12:26am On Jul 07, 2017
Love Me Again

By:Loudest Thoughts

EPISODE 32
“Express your feelings if you have to, it doesn’t kill “

Woke up late since it was a Sunday, several missed calls I decided to call him.

Me: hello, ermm I was busy.

Clyde: Before you say anything, I would like to say sorry for yester night. Hope I haven’t ruined my chances.

Babs I want you, I need you. Please give me another chance.

Me:I will think about it, please have a nice day.

Clyde: When should I expect an answer from you?

Me: I will let you know I quickly hanged up.

Just then Livie called I gave him the latest gist, he wasn’t too happy about it.

But I told him I will be fine, besides am sure Clyde has learnt his lesson. We talked for a while, and I got out of bed downstairs.

My mum was staring at me, and finally asked I should spill it out. I told her there was nothing to talk about.

She then said whatever it is, if I am happy she will support me. I said thank you and asked what he thinks about Clyde.

Since before we got married they didn’t get the opportunity to know him that well. She said from afar he seems like a nice guy, but she is yet to have a talk with him.

I wondered how she is going to do that without pissing off dad, besides she doesn’t know where Clyde stays. Days turned into weeks, Clyde comes over to my work place to take me for lunch.

He comes over to my house but had to wait outside for me Sometimes we just sit outside in his car and have long chats Or take walks in my area, I just could not stop admiring him each and everyday.

One working day, he came for me for our usual lunch I was quiet busy so he just sat there in front of me, while I finished up Just then my dad came in, their eyes met and I was kind of nervous.

Clyde: Hello sir, Good afternoon.

Dad: I can see you are busy here my daughter, was going for lunch, Wanted to find out if you will tag along but let’s meet at home.

Me: Dad sorry another time. I have plans already.

Dad: Young man, Saturday 7 pm, my house. Don’t be late, I believe you can find your way.

Clyde: Yes sir.

When he left, Clyde asked me what just happened I have no idea either, I was just staring at you guys. Clyde then decided to cancel our lunch date so I can go with my dad.

I watched him go away sadly, I then went ahead with dad’s offer Lunch it was at ‘’spicy’’ his favorite spot I can’t just wait for Saturday 7 pm.

Clyde was so happy about it, I on the other hand was nervous considering I know my dad so well Clyde and I seemed to be doing a lot of talking these days.

And since the last kiss he hasn’t tried any move again.

I was beginning to get worried I mean it’s not like he doesn’t want it too I just want to explode anytime am around him. These are the old feelings I wish never resurfaced again I am beginning to like him gradually again.

The hatred I think I can bear, but this torture of not being in his arms is killing me already Saturday came and Clyde was early as a bird
He came an hour before time.

I was going to take my bath when my brothers prompted me my prince charming is here. The way they said it was funny I quickly put on a short and a tank top, I rushed downstairs.

To be continued

Don't forget to give us your feedback
NB:No part of this story should be reproduced
Re: LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts by cbella(f): 12:27am On Jul 07, 2017
Love Me Again

EPISODE 33
“That feeling that wants to make you explode, that one that makes you young at once, don’t lock it in”

He indeed was looking like a prince charming With his cute pink shirt and blue trousers, simple and I noticed he got a hair cut. He sure knows how to pick them, I rushed down the stairs like a small girl.

I was going to embrace him, am not sure what was going on through my mind until I heard my dad’s husky voice, Clyde was then looking in my direction.

Dad: Hey young lady, careful you don’t fall, shouldn’t you be in something proper?

Me: Dad, this is proper, besides am in the house It’s not like you are taking me out for proms.

Dad: Okay fine, suit yourself go help your mum then. As if my dad was trying to prevent me from meeting Clyde, i nearly said something, but Clyde shove me an eye I wonder what that meant.

Dad: Young man, are you always this early or you are trying to impress someone.

Clyde: Sir good evening, my watch deceived me.

Dad: You need to get a new watch then, or you might be late to the white house.
I hid behind the blinds and once I saw my Dad going back upstairs i came towards Clyde, the atmosphere became weird.

Me: Hey, did your watch really deceive you or you just outsmarted my Dad.

Clyde: How are you, I hope you are not dressing up this way for dinner.

Me: Why are you all worried about my dress. Besides am yet to take my shower so, I might change. Why you don’t like it?

Clyde: Wow! That was straight forward, like is an understatement, I love it. We were suddenly looking at each other weirdly.

He reached out to hold my hands, which I didn’t object. Just then my mum interrupted us.

Mum: emmmmmmm, welcome gentleman. Barbara why is he still standing.

Young man have a seat. And where do you think you are doing.
Me: Am having a seat too mum.

Mum: suit yourself, and why isn’t he served with anything.

Clyde: I just got here, besides am fine for now.

Mum: Young man, I have been wanting to talk to you for some time now. Am sure Barbara might have told you something.
What’s your name again?

Clyde: Clyde Obi, Maa.

Me: I don’t intend asking you what happened between you two, because Madam here refused to tell us anything and am sure you won’t either.

But I just want to know your intentions this time I love my daughter, if she is happy, I am too. She seemed to be much of herself since you arrived unlike when she came home.

Clyde: Maa, i'm really sorry for whatever happened between Babs and I.

I acknowledge I hurt the entire Wilson family when I took her away at first just to bring her back broken. I can’t begin to say i can fix it, but I know if given the chance i wouldn’t go that way again.

I did a great harm to this beautiful woman here, and I can’t turn back the hands of time. Maa, simply put I love your daughter, and I would do anything for her this time.

Mum: well, if it were up to me alone, I would say you both are old enough to make your decisions but we have there the man of the house, Barbara is her Gold, He won’t let her go this time, though she is of age.

At this point, I was fumbling with my fingers i almost cried out loud, as his words touched my heart i keep stealing glances until, I heard some footsteps from upstairs.

I knew it was my dad, I quickly dashed to the kitchen. I came out laying the table and everyone was sitting watching some boring cartoon.

Both mum, dad and Clyde were quiet, I was wondering what was going on with them. I passed by as if no one noticed, I quickly showered, put on my best outfit and came out.

My dad shouted, finally the queen of the house has decided to let us eat.

To be continued

Don’t forget to give us your feedback

Re: LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts by cbella(f): 12:28am On Jul 07, 2017
Love Me Again

EPISODE 34
“You know you still love them, if you can remember every little details about their worst fears”

We all moved to the table to dine I made to sit by Clyde but my dad quickly asked i sit beside him. We ate in silence, just then my mum asked for dessert to be brought. I quickly shouted, my husband doesn’t eat that one, "he is allergic".

Give him the other, just a little or he might grow too fat. I actually made that for him, knowing what he likes and don’t, since my mum doesn’t.

It didn’t occur to me what I had said until I realized everyone was quiet.

When I finally knew what I did, I kept staring at Clyde who couldn’t wipe that smirk off his face. Just then, my dad stood up.

Dad: Young man follow me, I knew I have worsened things. I quickly followed, my mum didn’t want to be left behind.

Dad: Have a seat, and now tell me what you did to my daughter. I want to know if you are worthy of her again.

Me: Dad I thought we were never going to talk about that.

Dad: Barbara, this is not your concern, I made that promise to you. Not him, so allow him and get off from here, you two, Pointing to mum and I.
Young man talk, I'm listening or why did you come to my house the other day for. Was it not to confess and ask for forgiveness?

Clyde: Yes sir, I …. I….I … I know I have wronged you and your daughter.

Kindly forgive me and I want to properly ask for your daughters hand in marriage, if you will approve, that would make me so very happy.

Dad: What? Are you out of your mind? You think I want to see my daughter go through whatever she went through again Never, over my dead body.

Now get the hell out of my house and don’t ever come back. I said go, and don’t look back.

Clyde: Sir please, am sorry this time,. I was in tears for the embarrassment Clyde is going through.

Me: Dad, how could you embarrass my guest this way? He had problems with me, not you i don’t need you fixing my problems for me, i grabbed Clyde’s hands and asked him to follow me.

He hesitated a while, i told him if he wants to be lynched then he should be my guest. He quickly looked at my mum who beckoned him to go, then he runned after me.

By this time I was at the door. We left the compound in his car, he kept driving until he stopped.

Me: Why are we stopping?

Clyde: Am sorry Babs, I just couldn’t tell them what they want to hear, It would sound so stupid, I wanted to but it wasn’t just coming out.

Me: Then drive on, get me out of this environment.

To be continued

Don’t forget to give us feedback

Re: LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts by cbella(f): 12:31am On Jul 07, 2017
Love Me Again

By: Loudest Thoughts
EPISODE 35
“Breaking a promise you know very well you can’t keep is like breaking a woman’s virginity”

Clyde drove straight to his hotel. As we entered, I just quickly laid on the bed while he kept walking in the whole room.

Me: Clyde you are disturbing, can you relax for a minute. I want to think, and leave my Dad to me.

Clyde: I caused all this, I don’t exactly know what to do, you haven’t even forgiven me yet.

Me: Yes it’s all your fault It’s not that easy, I keep playing the drama in my head.

Clyde: What drama are you talking about?

Me: How you found the courage to sleep with all those girls, I don’t have a problem with you sleeping with them.

In fact i knew you can, you are capable Once a Casanova, always a Casanova, but my problem is you promised you wouldn’t I trusted you, I took your word for it because I loved you too much not to believe you. You read me those nice vows and you broke them.

What happened to the part where you said you would die, after sleeping with any LovePeddler again I guess you are still alive, congratulations.

He then moved closer to me, and knelt by the bed holding my hands.

Clyde: Love am sorry, I didn’t exactly sleep with them, those girls, yes it’s true I met a number of them several times. But with several of the girls at first, I couldn’t get it off, so I just resorted to them entertaining me I just lay down and watch them dance, these girls are good dancers.

That’s how it has been with them, I didn’t touch them I swear I couldn’t just bring myself to break my promise to you, Even though I was so sure at that time you were cheating, some just listen to me talk about my problems, that’s how it started at first.

Me: What do you mean by you can’t get it off, and you are so proud of yourself telling me, they only entertain or listen to your problems. Why was I married to you then, to just grace your bed?

Clyde: I mean I wasn’t attracted to them like I was to you. I know I failed in the communication bit but please can we forget this.

We have a situation on our hands, i want to be with you once again. Please give me a chance, he tried to kiss me, which he succeeded after several attempts.

It was refreshing, i like this new Clyde just then he made his way beside me on the bed, which he tried to UnCloth me. I covered my face with my palms like a small girl for some minutes, he nearly succeeded, but I quickly held his hand.

Me: Please am not ready.

Clyde: No problem, I understand I can wait as long as you want me to.

Me: Thank you, can you take the couch?

Clyde: Alright, Going to bed already. Are you sure you don’t want to tell your dad, you are okay?

Me: No, let him cool off, Goodnight

The next morning, we got prepared i needed to go home. Clyde drove me home, on the way he asked what came over me during dinner that i called him “my husband”.

I just told him nothing, that he should mind his own damn business I wondered myself how that happened, I guess i was just used to his likes and dislikes.

We finally got to my gate, he dropped me, gave me a peck and watched me enter, before he left.

To be continued

NB: No part of this story should be reproduced
Re: LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts by cbella(f): 12:33am On Jul 07, 2017
Love Me Again

EPISODE 36
“Sometimes you just need to take that bold step, don’t let your guards down”

I got to the house, and I met dad waiting in the sitting room.

Dad: Thank God, he muttered silently.

I just passed by and went up to my room Few minutes later, he came knocking. Barbara open this door, I delayed a bit then opened.

Dad: You are breaking my heart, I don’t want you going off again Am just trying to protect you, don’t you understand?

Me: Dad I told you, I don’t need protection at this age, just your support Dad: Remember you made me a promise not to marry him again.

Me: Yes I know, I don’t intend to break that promise, I just need you to stop being so rude, and embarrassing him anytime he comes here I need to do this alone. Can you please let me You said you want what’s best for me. My happiness is your top priority, then let me handle this my own way.

Dad: Okay, Am leaving you alone, I know Dad wouldn’t give up so easily though he just said okay.

The house has become so uncomfortable for me, as my dad gives me the Daddy attitude, and I still struggle with decisions concerning Clyde.

Yes I do want him, but the fear of going all in and I crush again, Finding it difficult to forgive him is one thing I can handle, but not my recent feelings that I have to battle with.

I might explode soon, He seemed to have regretted and I can see that I want to be with him, but then there is my family, I don’t want to run off and leave behind again.

In case something happens, I might not be able to forgive myself, I’m always afraid he might break my heart again, I can’t trust him again.

Who would after toying with your heart, What if it happens again? I might not come out of it. Was in my office, thinking about all these. Just then Clyde just opened the door on me, startling me.

Me: What the hell, can’t you knock?

Clyde: Geez Babs, i guess I should go then.

Me: No wait, am sorry.

Clyde: Troubles at home? Or it’s me.

Me: Both I exclaimed, Just a bunch of problems on my mind right now. Loving you is so easy, but letting go is not easy.

Clyde: Then don’t let go, Babs If you want me to spend my whole life apologizing, i will so far as I get to be with you.

Me: You’ve hurt me so bad you know.

Clyde: I know, it won’t happen again please.

Me: You know I may never be able to trust you right?

Clyde: I understand, and I will take my chances.

Me: Okay then, what are you doing here by the way.

Clyde: Okay then what? I came to take you out on a surprise lunch.

Me: Okay then, nothing Lunch I see. But I have a better idea.

Let’s go home, give me just some few minutes to wrap up from here. After some 10 minutes, she insisted we drive in his car.

While he ordered his driver to take the rest of the day off. We drove off, while he drives I kept stealing glances. We drove in silence until we got to her place as we entered my parents were busy enjoying each other’s company.

Then my Dad flared up again.

Dad: I thought i told you not to come here again, as my mum calmed him down, Clyde’s face was down the whole time.

Me: Dad i thought we spoke about this, We agreed you aren’t going to treat him this way again.

Dad You keep hurting me every now and then, Yes he wronged me first.

Am yet to forgive him, I suggest you do same, It hasn’t been easy on me, don’t make it any harder.

I then pulled Clyde with me upstairs, As my Dad and Mum looked on and Clyde keeps looking back. We reached my room and I locked up the door.

Me: Am sorry about earlier, let’s give it a minute and I will fix up something to eat.

Clyde: I should be apologizing, you defended me out there. Thank you, and am guessing this was your plan all along, to piss your Dad off and you have a nice room here.

Me: Am glad you know that now, I just want you guys to get along then I can have peace
Clyde: Does that peace include marrying me? Babs I love you.

Me: I will pretend i haven’t heard you, Let me just get us that food now i quickly rushed out just to avoid exploding in there Only God knows, I wanted to tell him I love him too, but I guess i may never be able to.

I got the food fixed, we ate inside my room, After eating we resorted to all kinds of games, Pillow fights were not excluded. One thing led to another and we found ourselves in heaven.

I guess we were about to have a second honey moon, just then my dad’s voice came calling. I would have regretted sleeping with Clyde if my dad hadn’t come, i quickly pushed my dress on while he did the same, on opening the door for my dad, he kept looking inside as if he lost something.

Dad: Young man, can i talk to my daughter alone?

You can wait downstairs And dress properly in my house, Clyde was still battling with getting his buttons fixed.

Me: Dad we can talk in your study, Let Clyde be please.

To be continued

1 Like

Re: LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts by MissRelly: 1:09pm On Jul 07, 2017
AWESOME!!!!

1 Like

Re: LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts by Brokenblade1234: 1:27pm On Jul 07, 2017
Hot!

1 Like

Re: LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts by Nmaglit: 7:26pm On Jul 07, 2017
I love this story like kilode nice work dear

1 Like

Re: LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts by cbella(f): 8:07pm On Jul 07, 2017
Love Me Again

EPISODE 37
“As you are busy with your anger, remember that’s when good opportunities come”

I went with my Dad after he gave him a weird look. He said he is ready to listen to me now.

Dad: Am guessing you know why I called you here.

Am ready to talk to you now. What are your plans for that home breaker?

Me: Dad, his name is Clyde and am yet to figure that out.

Whatever my plans are, I promise not to run off with him if that’s what you are thinking, I just know i still love him for what it’s worth, I want to give him the benefit of the doubt. Can you at least be nice to him from now on because he is going to frequent this house more often.

Dad: Alright that’s enough, Do whatever pleases you.

Just make sure am not around when he comes here i don’t know how exactly you got your mum on your side. But you have succeeded.

But know one thing too am never going to give you my consent ever to marry that fool.

Me: Dad you don’t have to worry, am not going to marry him.

And thank you for making this easier for me i won’t disappoint you this time i smiled to him like a small kid and rushed down to my room.I saw Clyde walking around uneasily.

Clyde: Are you okay, hope he hasn’t done anything to you.

Me: What are you insinuating, Please my Dad can never harm me. Get that into your head, unlike you.

Clyde: Babs, common i was just worried that’s all I didn’t mean to, I guess I have over stayed my welcome I will call when I get to the hotel.

Me: Please stay, I want you to stay.

Clyde: What for?

So you keep rubbing my mistakes in my face every now and then.

Common Babs, you are no different from your Dad, If you keep making me feel like the worse person ever I haven’t killed anyone.

I understand I broke your heart that am sincerely sorry, that I am ready to say sorry every morning for. You think it’s easy to deal with this heavy guilt am carrying it’s not, every day I see you, I remember too okay.

Am a human being too, I made a mistake but just don’t make it difficult for me, I made to hold his hand, he just pulled away and left, banging the door on me.

I made to follow when I saw my parents staring at me.Mum asking what’s going on and Dad looking victorious.

I knew he didn’t bring a car so it will be difficult getting one, I went out and he was nowhere to be found.

I called him severally but he didn’t answer his cell.The hotel claimed he wasn’t back yet.

Days passed by and no sign of him, I was beginning to miss him. I went to the hotel and met his absent, i waited till evening, and he’s a no show.

I came back home with my dad asking me if I have found him, I was surprised and retorted silently to myself why does he care. Just then my Phone rang it was Clyde, I quickly picked up.

Me: where the hell have you been? You just run off anytime there is an issue, Clyde I don’t want to go through this again. It’s not healthy, Now tell me where you have been.

Clyde: Why don’t I tell you that in person. Am outside your gate, am not sure if I should come in, I quickly run off, meeting Dad once again by the pool.

It seems he always want to be where I am with Clyde, I quickly opened the door remotely and saw him by his car. I rushed to hug him, which lasted for some few minutes, When I finally let go, he asked if we could go somewhere.

To be continued

2 Likes

Re: LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts by cbella(f): 8:08pm On Jul 07, 2017
thank you so much dear, glad you liked it
Nmaglit:
I love this story like kilode nice work dear
Re: LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts by cbella(f): 8:09pm On Jul 07, 2017
wow i see, happy you think so
Brokenblade1234:
Hot!
Re: LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts by cbella(f): 8:09pm On Jul 07, 2017
ikr, thanks for your feedback
MissRelly:
AWESOME!!!!
Re: LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts by cbella(f): 8:11pm On Jul 07, 2017
Love Me Again

EPISODE 38

“Where there is love, there is happiness”

I totally agree with him, no more drama from my Dad.

We drove to a restaurant in town. We both ordered our favorites and had a sit down, after some minutes of total silence, he spoke up.

Clyde: So you want to know where I have been right. I went to the next state, planning a surprise for you except now it’s not a surprise anymore.

My mind was just not with him at the moment thinking of how to break the news to him.

Me: Clyde am rea…ready n…ow I stammered, and finally managed to get my mind back to the present.

Clyde: Ready for?

Me: To be with you now dummy. I want to try a different approach to love now, I want to give love a chance.

He quickly stood up from his seat, picked me up and gave me a deep kiss, which I didn’t resist for about 2 minutes, which he said thank you. You won’t regret this, he finally said.

We finished up and he drove me out of town to a new apartment, Guessing that was the surprise.

He wanted to get a place here instead of staying at the hotel, in case I take too much time to forgive him. I just stood there in the apartment and asked him if he has already paid for it. Am glad he said No, I told him to hold on.

From then, he comes to my place whenever he is free and my dad just shrugs and leaves the scene. i took my time to tell my friends back in Nigeria what is going on they warned him if he ever tries anything like that, they will personally slaughter him.

You can’t laugh, the look on Clyde’s face, especially how Bebe stressed the I will kill you part.

To be continued

Re: LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts by cbella(f): 8:13pm On Jul 07, 2017
Love Me Again

EPISODE 39
“Love is possible when in pain”

I spoke with his parents, and they are only going to forgive him. When they see changes in his behavior.

Am not sure I have fully forgiven him yet, but one thing am sure of is I still love him. I don’t know how I can still love in the absent of forgiveness.

After a few weeks, I was with dad and mum watching some program on television, when we heard our door bell ring. I went to get it, just to see Clyde standing there smiling.

We had no plans, we spoke 30 minutes ago and he told me he was going to sleep.

Me: What are you doing here? I mean you didn’t mention you will be coming my dad is around, and we are having a family time.

Clyde: Babs relax, at least let me in. Am glad your parents are here, I came to see them.

Me: What for? Please don’t ruin anything we have going on now.

Clyde: I don’t intend to, I let him in after a peck and a hug, I saw my dad adjusting himself in the couch.

Me: Dad before you say anything, I didn’t know he was coming but he said he wants to talk to you and mum.

So please and please just hear him out.

Dad: Young man, have a seat, what do we offer you.

Clyde: Nothing sir, Thank you for this opportunity

At this point I was nervous, Clyde don’t blow this up for me. We all sat and was eager to hear what he had to say.

Clyde: First of all, am sorry once again for anything, And my Dad yelled, Go straight to the point, I don’t have all the time. At this point I kept staring at him.

Clyde: I want to marry your daughter, officially now.

We three all chorused; WHAT?

Dad: Are you out of your mind, I allow you to do whatever it is you do with her these past months because I made her a promise.

Now here you sit with me with this rubbish, This is the last of your stupidity, I will take, Now get out before I say something else. Clyde just sat there with his head in his palms.

Mum: My husband, don’t you think you are being over protective.

I mean allow them to do what they want. You can’t make a decision for your 28 year old daughter, She’s right here, ask her, If she likes it why not.

Dad: Woman, you talk as if you don’t love your daughter. And as if she has ever made any right decision for herself.

Me: Okay enough.

To be continued

Re: LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts by cbella(f): 8:19pm On Jul 07, 2017
Love Me Again

EPISODE 40
“if you still want to be in their lives, you must think smart”

Clyde am sorry about what I have to do, I can’t marry you, not ever.

Clyde: Babs, how, why, Are you still punishing me?

Me: Clyde, you know I want to be with you, but not in another marriage.

But we will do it my way this time. Marriage is not the only way to be with you. This time, I saw my dad in a regrettable state, as if he was feeling pity for Clyde.

Clyde: Why are you doing this to me? How would that even work?

Me: You know am finding it difficult to forgive, trust and get my head around issues. But that doesn’t change the fact that I want to be with you, I just need a little commitment from you.

Whenever you are ready, You will sell off your business, house, and entire property, give the income out to orphanages, you relocate back here.

In this very mansion, we will both live and grow, We will raise our kids here, live our lives together here.

At this point my Dad shouted, WHAT?

Me: Yes dad, that’s how this is going to work. Remember this is my house too, and you don’t want me going off again.

This way I can see you every day and you can learn to like Clyde as well. He didn’t say anything, I heard my mum say she is right, just then Clyde stood up.

Clyde: Babs, how do you expect me to sell off everything I have?

I can’t do that, how do I provide for you and staying in this house is like prison. Babs please, is that the reason why you didn’t want me buying the apartment? If we are going to start our lives together not in here, where your dad here hates me.

Me: Watch it Clyde so you don’t insult my dad. I want you but I can’t go back to a house that holds a lot of memories.

A place where I can’t tell what you might do next, In this house, I have hope you wouldn’t try anything funny.

Because I am ready to provide everything, I will work now and you stay at home. I don’t want the case you go out and I keep looking over my shoulders.

Clyde: So this is more like keeping tabs on me. Is my word not enough, I love you Babs, nothing can change that.
Don’t cage that Babs.

Me: if you love me as you said, you wouldn’t have a problem with this arrangements. You said you want to be with me, you have the opportunity to do that now. Nothing is stopping you now, not my Dad not my friends.

Clyde: thank you Babs, you have finally achieved your purpose of hurting me. He then walked out on us, I knew what I planned on doing will hurt him a lot.

Especially selling off his property and becoming a nobody in my dad’s house, somehow I just wanted to see how far he is willing to go for me.

But I also know I want this for myself, Am too scared to commit now. After he left, my mum shouted, Wow and my Dad what a relief, i just walked to my room and laid on the bed.

This time the tears refused to come, until I slept off the next day and a day followed, he wasn’t just answering the call.

Mum said I should give him space, he needs time to process, I went about my duties, work, and outings with my family,the friends I left behind, from one conference to another.

It seemed like I have completely forgotten Clyde existed. But a part of me is fully aware he might show up, I begin to feel regrets for what am about to do.

I don’t know for how long I planned on treating him that way but that’s just how it has to be, I don’t see myself married again. To get tied again with some metal called “RING” I want to be free, I want a normal life.

Nothing like before, it’s not like I would disrespect my husband. But I just want to be secured, because I already feel insecure Clyde has been in London getting to 6 months now.

Just to win me back, if am so important to him. He will be back for me, i can’t tell how long.

It’s been a month already since I told him to sell off everything. And he flee like a coward, such a kid, I managed to insult.

To be continued

1 Like

Re: LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts by cbella(f): 8:22pm On Jul 07, 2017
Love Me Again

EPISODE 41
“Commitment is like the tree on which the fruit grows, if you can’t don’t attempt”

I just finished doing some laundry, I insist on doing my own laundries. I got used to the African lifestyle during my Nigerian times. Since I got back the washing machine could rest.

Was busy chewing on something when the bell rang. Opening the door, I saw Clyde standing there like he hasn’t slept in days.

Clyde: Can I come in.

Me: ermm yeah sure, i walked with him to where I was sitting earlier. I was stealing glances, checking him out.

We sat for a while until he asked the whereabouts of my parents. Since they were not around, he just had to tell me what he came for.

Clyde: So I will go straight to the point, If you will still have me, am ready to do this now.

This house though am not sure, but I think you are right. Who would want to be with me after the harm I have caused.

By the way I brought my things from the hotel. Is it okay if i move in now? I mean if am going to spend my life in here, I must as well start right away.

Babs say something, is this not what you want. Or have I said something wrong again?

I finally found my voice, I didn’t think he would do it, I admire him now more for this i was tempted to just take everything I said back.

But there is my family, I mean this my decision is also about them, More about my own fears, and my insecure state than forgiving him.

Me: Clyde I didn’t think you would even consider it. Ermm come let me help you with the bags, then we can talk.

After what looks like 10 minutes, we were done. He didn’t bring a lot of things so it was quick, am yet to make space for his stuffs.

We sat on the bed opposite each other, with my hands hanging on my cheeks as if i was in a trance i listened to him as he spoke.

Clyde: Am here now, what? And one more thing I wasn’t able to finalize selling of the business.

How are we going to go about that?

Me: You know that’s a requirement for this to work.

But thats fine, so far as it gets done. Am sorry too for doing this by the way.

Clyde: I understand you can’t trust me now.

And so sorry for walking out on your family, I love you Babs. Nothing will change that not even your Dad, He then came closer, held me in a tight hug I couldn’t help but let the tears flow.

Clyde: Its’ okay, we are going to be fine.

In the evening we finally had that talk with my Dad, which from every indication shows he has no plans of giving up.

I understand him sometimes; when you think you are impotent and out of the blues after 9 good years you are blessed with a beautiful girl, you would want to be over protective.

Throughout the conversation, he made small talks.

Like; so far as you are happy, i will be watching closely, he better not do anything Funny

Who would have thought, I would be sleeping on the same bed with Clyde. We have been sleeping on the same bed every now and then, sometimes I take the couch.

During the day I go to work, whiles he stays home.

Once I make sure he has food to eat, he likes my meals so no laziness this time.

He tells me he stays in doors, which is beginning to be boring, He can’t stand my dad’s attitude, mum however has been helpful.

To be continued

Re: LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts by cbella(f): 8:24pm On Jul 07, 2017
Love Me Again

EPISODE 42

“Don’t over make the rules in your home, keep them simple for peace sake”

Clyde takes the time to help my brothers out with assignments.

Their football games i can’t keep up with. And it’s nice to get home and be greeted by your husband with a kiss. Though it was supposed to be the other way round.

It’s been 3 weeks and he hasn’t touched me yet and am gradually burning inside, pride on his side. On my side am sure it’s just fear of what I should expect.

It’s been long, yes i know that but I sure have no expectations, I’m beginning to think he is paying me back for this arrangement. I mean am I the bad one here, I love this man so much.

And he hurt me pretty bad, now am not sure what I have ahead of me, I was talking to myself silently when he came in from a run. I was just staring at him, as if there is something different about him.

Clyde: Why, what’s going on i just went for a run.

Me: Yeah I know, Is it now a crime to admire you.

Clyde: No, but I just have a feeling that’s just not it.

Me: Clyde am fine, I just have something I want to ask you.You okay right, everything is fine between us?

I hope whatever we have going on here isn’t affecting us. You are not angry over anything right? The tears started flowing.

Clyde: Hey Babs, are you okay.

What is it, has someone done something to you. He came closer and i just zoomed on his lips like I was hungry.

I could see him struggling to let go, when I was busy pulling off his shorts. As if he knew I wasn’t going to stop, he pulled away by force.

Leaving me on the bed, then he was walking around the room with his hand scratching his head.

Me: What is it, Are you punishing me for something. You haven’t touched me in 3weeks, what kind of emotional trauma is this.

Clyde: It’s not like that, I want to Babs, trust me, But I just can’t.

Me: What are you afraid of? Me? Were you not the same person some months back you were so eager to sleep with me if I had let go. He wasn’t saying anything anymore, so I just walked out which he tried to stop me.

To be continued

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts by cbella(f): 8:26pm On Jul 07, 2017
Love Me Again

EPISODE 43
“Let it in, whatever feelings you have, explore it, and don’t let it go”

I didn’t plan going out that afternoon, but I drove to work. Finished up some paper work, when I got home, He had already eaten, courtesy my mum.

"I just answered, fine, took my bath and went straight to bed, while he was busy with some papers".
I couldn’t tell when he came to bed, but I was awoken by his hands running all over me i relaxed for some time and turned around facing him.

Clyde: sorry about this morning, I have a reason for that.

Promise you won’t get mad or associate that to my past

Me: "Okay" , which is what, talk am listening.

Clyde: Just look down.

Me: what should I be looking at?

Clyde: Babs don’t tell me you can’t see what’s going on here.

Me: Clyde, just speak up, I‘m not really in the mood to guess now.

Clyde: See, I can’t get it up Babs.

'He pointed down to his pajamas' .

Me: Is that it? Okay can I sleep now please.

Clyde: Is that what you have to say, I thought you were complaining earlier.

Me: What should I say? You call me at this time of the night, just to tell me you can’t get it up, when you haven’t even tried yet, and you expect me to be happy about it?

Clyde: Babs look at me, 'am not lieing', you know me when am lieing.

Me: Well am not sure if I know you anymore.

Clyde: Please am not lieing.

To be continued.

Re: LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts by cbella(f): 8:28pm On Jul 07, 2017
Love Me Again

EPISODE 44
“The past will always pop up after a makeup, you sure have to make plans to deal with it, it doesn’t go away too easily ”

This was the main reason I couldn’t sleep with those girls back in Nigeria.

Me: Ooh so you are implying you would have if it were the opposite.

Clyde: I didn’t say that, please if we are going to make this relationship work, you have to at least give me the benefit of the doubt sometimes.
Am here now, I did exactly as you want, and I said I love you, What proof do you need again, Please Babs.

Me: As if you gave me any, I said silently.

Okay, what do you want me to do?
No the question is, was this before you decided to sleep out or when.

Clyde: Do we have to go into this again please?

Me: I thought you wanted solutions to your problem down there, then answer my questions.

Clyde: I hope this doesn’t change anything between us.
You remember those early mornings I get angry unnecessarily, it was because I couldn’t get it off sometimes.
I had to force myself which you end up sleeping early.

Me: "Yes I remember, you always blame me for sleeping early, you knew this and you still blamed me".
Why didn’t you talk to me, i'm beginning to think the girls were to test your theory, which failed and would have made your so called revenge then successful.

"Is the fault from me or you" ?

No wonder you said am not good in bed, meaning am the problem. Was I not attractive enough, what wasn’t I doing right.

Clyde: Babs until when will you stop bringing this up, I guess my whole life, I just have to get used to it.
This doesn’t make me love you the least, but maybe if I don’t have to stay in the same house with your Dad, I would have tried a lot harder.

Me: What is that supposed to mean. Is my Dad holding your manhood? Were you not the one who decided to enter every LovePeddler you see

Clyde: Babs sorry, I didn’t mean it that way.

And I didn’t sleep with any LovePeddler, not after we got married, I only kept it a secret because I didn’t want you to worry.

Me: It does get me worried, when you keep such things from me.

Clyde: But am telling you now, I want to be with you, but we will need time, if you are up for it I will be glad. I finally calmed down after some few talks here and there.

Me: Let’s talk tomorrow I then tried to sleep, but was awake watching him sleep all-night, I thought of peeping to see what he was actually referring to as I didn’t take a look earlier.

No wonder, since Clyde moved in, we only go beyond his belly, he has become so protective of touching him down there. No doubt, he sleeps like a prince.

I remember the first week after he moved in.
He either takes his bath when am not around or when am fast asleep, but this doesn’t call for hiding his body from me, unless there’s something else he is not telling me.

"If I were him, I wouldn’t even try keeping another secret". "I thought to myself"

I love this prince, I will definitely forgive him one day. Until that happens, let me try and give him my support, since then we try so many times in a day.

To be continued

Re: LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts by cbella(f): 8:30pm On Jul 07, 2017
Love Me Again

EPISODE 45
“Forgiveness opens doors, forgive and most importantly forgive yourself first”

I took some time off to be home. My dad nevertheless complains of our late nights or when we end up not coming home at all, I guess he is getting used to the trend. We decided the arguments and fights are enough. Gradually my heart begins to open up again to forgive him.

But these past month it was more about forgiving myself than forgiving him, i realized when he hurt me, I needed to forgive myself for the guilt i feel.

The many things i thought if i had done right then we wouldn’t be in this situation. i was beginning to feel sorry for him staying home all day, after months of our reunion.

We only go out when I want us to, and end up paying the bills. He feels embarrassed sometimes but can’t complain.He neither touches the allowance i give him. Once he told me he wants to take me out, but had less than what I deserve.

I asked to give him money but then he turned it down claiming that wouldn’t be romantic anymore, he said I should take it like, starting his life afresh. I asked him to sell off his property, not clear his savings as well. Apparently he had cleared before coming here.

And made some pretty much risky investments while leaving. After a week, I was at work when he called telling me he wasn’t feeling well.

I rushed home just to find him all dressed up for a date he booked without my help, I asked where he got the money from since he hasn’t touched what I left.

He wasn’t going to tell me, I just gave up, but I heard from my brothers he did some heavy lifting for my mum. He offered to do that when my mum was going to hire someone.

She refused but he said he can do it for a fee then. Knowing my mum, she might have been more than generous, I did enjoy our date, it felt so good to be pampered outside the house.

Me: Darling, can I suggest something and don’t say, No.

Clyde: Anything for you Babs.

Me: I want you to think of working again I will give you the Capital, and don’t say No.

Clyde: What happened, am I too much of a burden, Besides I hardly buy anything.

Me: Please that’s not it, I feel I made that decision in a haste

And I have no right to rob you of whatever you worked for, am willing to pay all that back.

Clyde: Babs thank you, but I won’t need your money. If you want me to work, then I will but kindly let me do this on my own. I will get a job, save and get something set up so I can have time for you.

Me: Then let me recruit you. My dad’s company is huge enough, we can always create a position for you.

Clyde: I don’t want you having any further problems with your Dad, I will find something, just give me sometime dear.

ME: Am not rushing you, but promise me you will ask for help, if you need it, one thing led to another, all I remembered was we were holding hands talking, by the time we realized the deed has been done and we were panting, with me yelling out I love you, like our first night ever today.

Where I had him all to myself, and took him out of this world, He only smiled and said finally you said it again, Which he replies I love to hear you say that again.

I could feel my body drenched in sweat, when the air-con is still on. You can tell that was a really good one. We had other fierce rounds until evening, That was the breakthrough, we didn’t need any extra therapy to get to work. Since then we never had a problem with our sexual life.

My dad on the other hand keeps looking for our trouble, crushing our moments, I remember him telling Clyde he should keep his shorts zipped , and that his company is not a brothel.

I don’t know where he got that from, Clyde is beginning to think he had cameras installed in my office because there is no way he would have known about our office romance, well that’s his problem.

Up till now Clyde is still looking for a job. He has refused help, but am determined to help without his knowledge. My Dad however cannot stand the fact that I spend most of my times with Clyde.

I remember he once walked in on us in the act, wrapped under the sheets though,which he shouted young man close the damn door next time, before you defile my daughter under my own roof, or Do you need lectures.

I replied Dad knock next time, we are two consenting adults, so am sure the law allows that and he sure knows what he is doing.

Clyde couldn’t help but laugh after he left I admit I have been giving my dad some attitude lately, but I just want him to agree with me regarding my husband being part of the family now.

I refer to him by my husband because there is no other way i can call what we have now. Mum on the other hand has been so helpful, she wants to be the best mother in-law.

After one early morning quickie before work, that has become the trend now, I can’t resist too, I mean I enjoy every bit of it, it gets me fired up for work.

Clyde not knowing bought a ring to be placed on my finger. I told him No, that I love what we have now, we wrote our vow in just one single statement and signed; Love should never elude us again.

After a few thoughts I took the ring, hang it on our bedroom wall together with the vow.

Which I hope I could re-consider and put on someday and probably we get to move out to our own house. May be when my Dad starts being nice to my partner.

We need your feedback's

comments, criticisms and rates

Thank you
THE END

2 Likes

Re: LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts by Pearl05(f): 1:25pm On Aug 20, 2017
Good story. But it's not in Africa culture for a man to live with the wife's family. It's not done.
Re: LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 30, 2017
U r a phenomenal writer but I think Clyde does not deserve a happy ending. Don't call me heartless but it's just it Losing Babs forever would have been more spicy but its just my own opinion

1 Like

Re: LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts by cbella(f): 3:29pm On Aug 31, 2017
Pearl05:
Good story. But it's not in Africa culture for a man to live with the wife's family. It's not done.

lol.... Maa you are here too... this is just a story! And its not an African story
Re: LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts by cbella(f): 3:31pm On Aug 31, 2017
richiearmany14:
U r a phenomenal writer but I think Clyde does not deserve a happy ending. Don't call me heartless but it's just it Losing Babs forever would have been more spicy but its just my own opinion

I think am just anti- bad ending then. But thanks, then you wouldn't like my ongoing story's ending
Re: LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts by oly0511(f): 3:54pm On Aug 31, 2017
I saw ur post so how is us health now

1 Like

Re: LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts by oly0511(f): 3:54pm On Aug 31, 2017
I saw ur post so how is ur health now
Re: LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 31, 2017
cbella:

I think am just anti- bad ending then. But thanks, then you wouldn't like my ongoing story's ending
nah it's s ur idea n I believe you choose how it ends not me choosing the end for u.
Great work Cbel

1 Like

Re: LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts by cbella(f): 11:12pm On Sep 03, 2017
oly0511:
I saw ur post so how is ur health now

I'm managing my dear!
Re: LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts by bimberry1307(f): 12:59pm On Sep 08, 2017
wow! I love the way you end this. it's good to forgive. You'll be doing yourself a huge favor by forgiving cos a very big burden will be off your shoulders. nice one cbella.

1 Like

Re: LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts by nawtielizzie(f): 6:44pm On Sep 08, 2017
This is one sweet love story.
I love it.
Re: LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts by cbella(f): 9:24am On Sep 09, 2017
bimberry1307:
wow! I love the way you end this. it's good to forgive. You'll be doing yourself a huge favor by forgiving cos a very big burden will be off your shoulders. nice one cbella.

Someone is catching up late, thanks
Re: LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts by cbella(f): 9:24am On Sep 09, 2017
nawtielizzie:
This is one sweet love story.
I love it.

Bitter love tho �

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Get Paid: Submiting Your Manuscript To Nigerian Publisher Nationwide / Chinua Achebe's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / The Journey To A Thousand Flash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.