Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

Arabic Saga: The Real Problem Is Ahead Of Us As A Nation. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arabic Saga: The Real Problem Is Ahead Of Us As A Nation. (3354 Views)

Shehu Sani: The Problem Is Not Going To Farm But Coming Back / Fuoye Saga: The Unsaid Part Of The Story / What Is The Real Problem Between The East And The West. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arabic Saga: The Real Problem Is Ahead Of Us As A Nation. by jimmysho(m): 12:30pm On Jul 06, 2017
ARABIC IS NOT THE PROBLEM, LET THE RELIGIOUS STUDIES BE SEPERATED. WE ARE SITTING ON A KEG OF GUN POWDER AS A NATION. BELOW IS THE REAL WAHALA!

THE LONG AWAITED CURRICULUM IS OUT.
BUT WE WANT IT REVIEWED BEFORE IT HIT THE CLASSES.

Thanks for your request to give you a copy of the Federal Ministry of Education 9 year basic Education curriculum on
"Religion and National Values" book.
The book was a product of the Nigerian Educational Research and Development Council ( NERDC), a parastatal, under the Ministry of Education.

The issues with the curriculum

1. On pages 17 and 46 of the "Religion and National Values" curriculum for Primary one to three (Primary 1-3) are statements that are not only inciting but derogatory to a particular Religious Belief and Faith of ( Christianity).

Specifically

a) On page 17 under Theme:
ISLAMIC Studies and Sub theme "Sarah and Tahdib"
Primary 1 to 3 pupils in their formative years are taught
the Supremacy of Prophet Mohammed and the Quran over all others.
That Mohammed was the Seal of all the Prophets, sent to the whole world and Quran the final guidance of Allah to mankind.

b) In page 46 of the same book produced with tax payers money who include Muslims and non Muslims

That
Prophet Isa known to Christians as Jesus Christ is not the son of God
That Jesus was not Crucified.
What a blasphemy.

The implications are the creation of a sense of supremacy of Islam over other faiths and completely denigrating Christianity.

If this has been restricted to Muslims alone, in their Quran Schools that could have been excused, but putting it in a National curriculum for all is Provocative and Insulting.

The Nigeria Christian Graduate Fellowship took this matter up with the current executive director of NERDC and his team in Abuja and I was was a member of the NCGF team.
His response

1. The two subjects are to be taught separately. A Muslim will take Islamic study and a Christian pupil CRK.

NCGF RESPONSE

Theoretically, this is true, but in actual practice, this is not the truth.
We gave examples of several states in the North where the state governments refused to employ CRK teachers including Niger state where CAN (Christian Association of Nigeria) even offered to send volunteer CRK teachers and the government still refused.

As the subject is compulsory for the students, the Christian students in those states are forced to listen to such negative teachings at such a tender, highly impressible age.

NERDC EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR RESPONSE

Parents of such Christian students should take the government to court.

We replied that it was ridiculous as it is the duty of the state to ensure fundamental rights of the citizens which include freedom of association and religion.
We also informed him of the slow process of the Nigerian judicial matters.

Our recommendations

1. The offending statements should be expunged from the curriculum.

2. If the state governments can not provide adequate teachers for the 2 subjects, then the 2 subjects should not be compulsory at all.

Thank you once again for your interest.
We have also included other relevant information we have on this subject matter.

With my best regards
Prof Charles Adeyinka Adisa. MD, FWACS, FACS.

President, Nigeria Christian Graduate Fellowship.
Re: Arabic Saga: The Real Problem Is Ahead Of Us As A Nation. by Terkimbi01: 12:51pm On Jul 06, 2017
Islam have no respect for other religion.
but will kill anyone who they conclude have disrespect for Islam.

when I said Nigeria must leave the OIC, people do not understand.

Islam is a major problem in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Arabic Saga: The Real Problem Is Ahead Of Us As A Nation. by jimmysho(m): 2:30pm On Jul 06, 2017
Terkimbi01:

That is the extremists sha
Re: Arabic Saga: The Real Problem Is Ahead Of Us As A Nation. by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 06, 2017
this was why i said pastor Osibanjo aka VP is not fit to be the president of Nigeria. the boy is yet to say a word concerning this.....

4 Likes

Re: Arabic Saga: The Real Problem Is Ahead Of Us As A Nation. by EazyMoh(m): 3:38pm On Jul 06, 2017
lol! Cry me a river.
1. Did you take time to check the Christian Theme under the said subject whether it didn't say [b] "Jesus was God, son of God, lord and personal savior, he was crucified and resurrected and that no one will make heaven except through him"? [/B]
Since it did so Muslims shall also be complaining because to them this is also blasphemy.
2. Do all states especially in the south employ IRK teachers in all their schools in order to teach Muslim students Islam so as not to be taught Christianity when there isn't an IRK teacher?
3. Did you bother to check, complain or petition the "new" curriculum when it was approved in 2012 under a Christian President, Christian Minister of Education and a Christian Director of the agency?
#Hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Arabic Saga: The Real Problem Is Ahead Of Us As A Nation. by jimmysho(m): 3:44pm On Jul 06, 2017
EazyMoh:
lol! Cry me a river.
1. Did you take time to check the Christian Theme under the said subject whether it didn't say [b] "Jesus was God, son of God, lord and personal savior, he was crucified and resurrected and that no one will make heaven except through him"? [/B]
Since it did so Muslims shall also be complaining because to them this is also blasphemy.
2. Do all states especially in the south employ IRK teachers in all their schools in order to teach Muslim students Islam so as not to be taught Christianity when there isn't an IRK teacher?
3. Did you bother to check, complain or petition the "new" curriculum when it was approved in 2012 under a Christian President, Christian Minister of Education and a Christian Director of the agency?
#Hypocrites

Let me inform you that prof. Ruquat was the minister then.

Equally, south west states have irk teachers.

What we are clamouring for is let religious studies be separated. Can that be too much to ask. If not, it will boomerang

1 Like

Re: Arabic Saga: The Real Problem Is Ahead Of Us As A Nation. by newbornmacho(m): 3:44pm On Jul 06, 2017
jimmysho:

That is the extremists sha
Which extremists? Mohammed that ordered the killings in his manual of death.called the Koran , is he not the perfect Muslim Listen, those you call extremists are those fully obeying the useless religion.
Re: Arabic Saga: The Real Problem Is Ahead Of Us As A Nation. by jimmysho(m): 3:45pm On Jul 06, 2017
gocac:
this was why i said pastor Osibanjo aka VP is not fit to be the president of Nigeria. the boy is yet to say a word concerning this.....

The acting president is a person of interest here so he must be seen to be above all.
Re: Arabic Saga: The Real Problem Is Ahead Of Us As A Nation. by jimmysho(m): 3:52pm On Jul 06, 2017
newbornmacho:

Which extremists? Mohammed that ordered the killings in his manual of death.called the Koran , is he not the perfect Muslim Listen, those you call extremists are those fully obeying the useless religion.

Like I said, those killing are extremists, I have muslim as family members and business partners, they have never taken up arms against me.

1 Like

Re: Arabic Saga: The Real Problem Is Ahead Of Us As A Nation. by Daviddson(m): 3:56pm On Jul 06, 2017
gocac:
That's not true. The FEC chaired by the Ag President rejected the curriculum about two weeks ago.
Re: Arabic Saga: The Real Problem Is Ahead Of Us As A Nation. by jimmysho(m): 4:07pm On Jul 06, 2017
Daviddson:
That's not true. The FEC chaired by the Ag President rejected the curriculum about two weeks ago.

That is a good news but it wasn't reported in the mainstream news. Any link please
Re: Arabic Saga: The Real Problem Is Ahead Of Us As A Nation. by obailala(m): 4:14pm On Jul 06, 2017
jimmysho:

What we are clamouring for is let religious studies be separated. Can that be too much to ask. If not, it will boomerang
Going through the points raised by the Op, the main issue is that in some northern states like Niger (where there aren't enough CRK teachers), Christian students have on some occasions been forced to learn IRK.

I'm not too sure I understand how separating CRK and IRK is supposed to solve the above problem.
Re: Arabic Saga: The Real Problem Is Ahead Of Us As A Nation. by jimmysho(m): 4:20pm On Jul 06, 2017
obailala:
Going through the points raised by the Op, the main issue is that in some northern states like Niger (where there aren't enough CRK teachers), Christian students have on some occasions been forced to learn IRK.

I'm not too sure I understand how separating CRK and IRK is supposed to solve the above problem.

Yes it will help so that what happened in Niger state will not happen in other parts of the country. With the separation, the students now have choices legally.

1 Like

Re: Arabic Saga: The Real Problem Is Ahead Of Us As A Nation. by EazyMoh(m): 4:25pm On Jul 06, 2017
jimmysho:

Lies! Wike was the minister when the syllabus was approved. Even if the minister was a Muslim, what of the Director that was in charge of the whole project, and the president who had the final say?
Answer my question, why after five years of approving the syllabus then FFK, CAN and the rest of you hypocrites have to bring it up to Blackmail PMB, and the Muslim population? Painting it as if the syllabus was just created by Adamu Adamu and approved by PMB?
For every Christian student in a Muslim dominated school without CRK teacher there is another Muslim student in another equally Christian dominated school without a CRK teacher.
So why the blackmail as if there IRK teachers in every school ready to find Christian students without teachers and punch on them?
This your hypocrisy only makes you all appear stupid, intolerant and biased.
If you don't want your religion be taught in school then ask for it to be scrapped! But allow those who want to teach and learn their religion to do it.
Re: Arabic Saga: The Real Problem Is Ahead Of Us As A Nation. by clemsajayi07(m): 4:42pm On Jul 06, 2017
EazyMoh:

Lies! Wike was the minister when the syllabus was approved. Even if the minister was a Muslim, what of the Director that was in charge of the whole project, and the president who had the final say?
Answer my question, why after five years of approving the syllabus then FFK, CAN and the rest of you hypocrites have to bring it up to Blackmail PMB, and the Muslim population? Painting it as if the syllabus was just created by Adamu Adamu and approved by PMB?
For every Christian student in a Muslim dominated school without CRK teacher there is another Muslim student in another equally Christian dominated school without a CRK teacher.
So why the blackmail as if there IRK teachers in every school ready to find Christian students without teachers and punch on them?
If you don't want your religion be taught in school then ask for it to be scrapped! But allow those
want to teach and learn their religion to do it.
you are right. This issue can never be balanced because you have dearth of Crs teachers in the north and dearth of Irk teachers in the south.

1 Like

Re: Arabic Saga: The Real Problem Is Ahead Of Us As A Nation. by newbornmacho(m): 4:56pm On Jul 06, 2017
jimmysho:

Like I said, those killing are extremists, I have muslim as family members and business partners, they have never taken up arms against me.
Do armed robbers and assassins attack their own family members and business partners? So to avoid being killed we should make Muslims our family members and business partners To know a good Muslim please read the Koran . all the terrorism we see now, is rooted in the instructions of Mohammed written inThe koran
Re: Arabic Saga: The Real Problem Is Ahead Of Us As A Nation. by jimmysho(m): 4:59pm On Jul 06, 2017
EazyMoh:

If you don't want your religion be taught in school then ask for it to be scrapped! But allow those who want to teach and learn their religion to do it.

I can feel your frustration and trying hard to let us accept the curriculum. This your antic will not work.
Re: Arabic Saga: The Real Problem Is Ahead Of Us As A Nation. by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 06, 2017
Terkimbi01:

Keep on dreaming, I offered CRK throughout my primary and junior secondary school education in Benue state against my wish. The OP complained of Niger state without doing research on other christian states. Other muslim students like I were being forced to offer CRK in christian dominated states too.
Re: Arabic Saga: The Real Problem Is Ahead Of Us As A Nation. by jimmysho(m): 5:01pm On Jul 06, 2017
newbornmacho:

Do armed robbers and assassins attack their own family members and business partners? So to avoid being killed we should make Muslims our family members and business partners To know a good Muslim please read the Koran . all the terrorism we see now, is rooted in the instructions of Mohammed written inThe koran

You have some points there thiugh.

1 Like

Re: Arabic Saga: The Real Problem Is Ahead Of Us As A Nation. by jimmysho(m): 5:03pm On Jul 06, 2017
Elmuaz:
Keep on dreaming, I offered CRK throughout my primary and junior secondary school education in Benue state against my wish. The OP complained of Niger state without doing research on other christian states. Other muslim students like I were being forced to offer CRK in christian dominated states too.

Do you have a documented evidence of this your claim?
Re: Arabic Saga: The Real Problem Is Ahead Of Us As A Nation. by obailala(m): 5:04pm On Jul 06, 2017
jimmysho:

Yes it will help so that what happened in Niger state will not happen in other parts of the country. With the separation, the students now have choices legally.
Are you sure you understand the context of the problem?.... Under the old arrangement, it was compulsory to offer either CRK or IRK. Under the current update, it is still compulsory to offer RNV (either as CRK or IRK). So how exactly does reverting to the old system help that Christian student in Niger state that was forced to study IRK?
Re: Arabic Saga: The Real Problem Is Ahead Of Us As A Nation. by Daviddson(m): 5:05pm On Jul 06, 2017
jimmysho:

That is a good news but it wasn't reported in the mainstream news. Any link please
It was reported, but it didn't form the news headline I read it from. I'm trying to search Google, but I'm not getting a good result yet. Wish I can get it across to you.
Re: Arabic Saga: The Real Problem Is Ahead Of Us As A Nation. by jimmysho(m): 5:10pm On Jul 06, 2017
Right thoughts. It is not Arabic that is the problem, it is the motive of the people who are in charge of our Educational System that is the problem. CRK is tucked away in Civil Studies. Then they made the Study of either French or Arabic compulsory. So, in Schools where there are no French Teachers, you have to take Arabic. A balanced setting would have been French, Arabic or Hebrew. Remember, a time was when they decreed (Isaiah 10:1) that Western Schools should study Igbo and Hausa, Eastern Schools should study Yoruba and Hausa while Northern Schools should study Yoruba and Igbo. The obedient West and East quickly hired the needed teachers. The North said they could not get Igbo and Yoruba Teachers. The motive was that after a generation all adults in West, East and North would speak Hausa. It would then be easy to declare HAUSA as our LINGUA FRANCA.
So, you can imagine a situation where in ten years time every adult in Nigeria would speak Arabic. It is not easy to learn English without picking English Culture. The Global Goal is to Islamize the Western Hemisphere, but Arabinized Africa, starting from Nigeria.
I could give you 40 "Dummies" they sold us which were illmotivated. For starters, NYSC, where Aquila met Priscilla, was not for National Unity, but to get cheap Graduate Labour for the North. They said Railway System is too difficult to construct and maintain: but if we had a working Railway System what will become of the over 500 Northern Trailers and Tankers that you see in Ogere.
2 Chronicles 7:14, each time they come with a new policy/decree, I "seek the LORD'S face" to know the intention and motive. I know if you ask the LORD, He will reveal their motive on Arabic Studies. Right now, CRK is not on the WAEC TIME TABLE for all KWARA Schools.

1 Like

Re: Arabic Saga: The Real Problem Is Ahead Of Us As A Nation. by jimmysho(m): 5:12pm On Jul 06, 2017
Daviddson:
It was reported, but it didn't form the news headline I read it from. I'm trying to search Google, but I'm not getting a good result yet. Wish I can get it across to you.

Good
Re: Arabic Saga: The Real Problem Is Ahead Of Us As A Nation. by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 06, 2017
jimmysho:

Do you have a documented evidence of this your claim?
You can go and do your findings in any public school in Benue state with the exception of Command and Command Day secondary schools which are under the Nigeria Army Education Corps
Re: Arabic Saga: The Real Problem Is Ahead Of Us As A Nation. by jimmysho(m): 5:19pm On Jul 06, 2017
EazyMoh:

For your information, just yesterday, a woman said that she registered to write NAPTEP exams. As soon as IRS exam was through, they waited for CRK, and that was the end. CRK paper never came. Yet she registered for the Subject.

1 Like

Re: Arabic Saga: The Real Problem Is Ahead Of Us As A Nation. by jimmysho(m): 5:20pm On Jul 06, 2017
Elmuaz:
You can go and do your findings in any public school in Benue state with the exception of Command and Command Day secondary schools which are under the Nigeria Army Education Corps

Just did that now, the result came negative which means your claim is inaccurate sir.
Re: Arabic Saga: The Real Problem Is Ahead Of Us As A Nation. by okum1(m): 5:36pm On Jul 06, 2017
we know what they are up to. watch the link of a video attach below you will understand Islamic mission across the world, the Muslim brotherhood agender, the is what is happening Nigeria education system. Islamization is on course, Christen leaders watch out, they will stop at nothing to put through there mission.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCvlZ4MKQLs&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Re: Arabic Saga: The Real Problem Is Ahead Of Us As A Nation. by orisa37: 5:37pm On Jul 06, 2017
Let us just say that Nigeria is committed to and paying Saudi Arabia for Bokoharam, for covering Buratai to kill 1000 Shiites and for supplying AK47 to Fulani Herdsmen and our Police.
Re: Arabic Saga: The Real Problem Is Ahead Of Us As A Nation. by Gentle4christ: 6:08pm On Jul 06, 2017
okum1:
we know what they are up to. watch the link of a video attach below you will understand Islamic mission across the world, the Muslim brotherhood agender, the is what is happening Nigeria education system. Islamization is on course, Christen leaders watch out, they will stop at nothing to put through there mission.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCvlZ4MKQLs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

One thing I know is certain..... God's will be done as we all stand up against this obnoxious policy and stand for the TRUTH.... Once we can get the truth in place, we shall be free.... Don't forget his mission as stated in John 10:10
Re: Arabic Saga: The Real Problem Is Ahead Of Us As A Nation. by jimmysho(m): 6:28pm On Jul 06, 2017
Gentle4christ:

One thing I know is certain..... God's will be done as we all stand up against this obnoxious policy and stand for the TRUTH.... Once we can get the truth in place, we shall be free.... Don't forget his mission as stated in John 10:10

Thank you my brother
Re: Arabic Saga: The Real Problem Is Ahead Of Us As A Nation. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 06, 2017
jimmysho:

Just did that now, the result came negative which means your claim is inaccurate sir.
Ok list the schools offering Islamic Studies in Benue state for me pls

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enugu Govt Has No Plans To Ban Operation Of Tricycles After 2019 Gen. Election / First Lady Calls For More Women Participation In Mining / See The Tweet That Attracted Swift Reaction Of The NIMC Mgt And The Hon. Min

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.