Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX (40820 Views)

Coronavirus: 4 In 10 Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In April - NBS / Nigerian Mum Who Lost Her Husband Is Now A Bricklayer WorkingTo Feed Her Kids / MOUAU Sacks Additional 370 Staff. See Picture Of The Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by nerus419(m): 10:24pm On Jul 06, 2017
sorry though,
but the set of 460 staffs who lost their jobs were victims of irregularities in recruitment by the former vc, prof edoga.

4 Likes

Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by wizod(m): 10:25pm On Jul 06, 2017
Chei! Two family members on FG payroll while other graduates are roaming d street in search of work dat will earn dem a stipend.
It is rotational and will go into another person's hand dat hv not gotten any. It would've bn better if one is sacked and d other left

2 Likes

Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by seunlayi(m): 10:25pm On Jul 06, 2017
It seems they both voted for change?

1 Like

Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by Barrywilly(m): 10:28pm On Jul 06, 2017
Stop your cheap blackmail. Your sister or whoever has this letter was on a temporary appointment and the letter simply says upon the expiry date of the temporary appointment, his services will not be needed again. I don't see this as a sack because his appointment was never confirmed before.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by shorlla(m): 10:32pm On Jul 06, 2017
Too bad...
Well it's for better for worse
Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by GoodMuyis(m): 10:32pm On Jul 06, 2017
Sorry No Vacancy on Nairaland for Now
Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by danny34(m): 10:33pm On Jul 06, 2017
The truth is Edeoga employed a lot of Nsukka people while in office , the appointments were lopsided. Though I don't know your family is from, I feel like they didn't get the job on merit, rather because they know the Vc.

Whichever, the hunt continues. I feel for them.

5 Likes

Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by major50: 10:34pm On Jul 06, 2017
The former Vice-Chancellor actually did interviews for the 460 staff. But the new VC sat on their regularization letters. Reliable information has it that since he assumed office he has been employing people and also his WIFE ( department of business administration). Rather he gave them permanent appointments.

1 Like

Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by munas: 10:38pm On Jul 06, 2017
doctimi:
Only if they didnt decide to have 3 children. Hmmmm... Well there is light at the end of the tunnel. It could be turning point for the family though

See this one oo?

So whats wrong in deceiding to have 3 children?

1 Like

Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by TinaAnita(f): 10:41pm On Jul 06, 2017
This one na double wahala for dead body.. This will test the strength of their marriage..
It's either they rise above the setback or the set back rises against them which will crash the marriage
I wish them goodluck as they brace for hard times. This too shall pass in Jesus' name. Amen

Ife neme n'uwa
Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by klarke(m): 10:42pm On Jul 06, 2017
GioArmani:
Let's blame Yorubas for this too - Foolish IPOD

crawl back to your little shell

1 Like

Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by etimocity(m): 10:50pm On Jul 06, 2017
new job will come for them. the should not loose hope.
Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by osazsky(m): 10:51pm On Jul 06, 2017
slawomir:
Am also a federal staff uniben to be precise. Now try to read this article carefully and you might see a reason why they were sacked. We were supposed to be paid June salary even before now but due to the disagreement between school management/ union leaders versus accountant General of the federation we were paid today. More employment and sacking should be expected but am lucky I got my regularization and confirmation letter already

UNION LEADERS/SCHOOL MANAGEMENT VERSUS ACCOUNTANT GENERAL/NIGERIANS

Tertiary Institutions workers are yet to get their salary for the month of June. The Accountant General of the Federation refuses to release the salary because most tertiary institutions of education fail to comply with e-Payment requirement. Every institution is required to send names of its workers and their wage profile for direct salary payment into individual salary account from CBN.

Why are the tertiary institutions declining to comply? The e-payment will lead to many unpleasant consequencies against managements of the tertiary institutions. First, ghost workers will be exposed. Unapaid allowances will also be known to ordinary workers. Also underpayment of salary will come to an end. At the end of it all the workers will gain because underpayment and diverted allowances will come directly from the CBN into individual account. The Government will also gain since ghost workers money will be recorvered. This means in terms of gaining, the government and the workers are on the same side. In terms of losing the Management and the union leaders will lose what they cut and divert from wages and allowance and share. We know this to be so because in all the institutions where e-payment is effected, workers gained and management cried bitterly for loss of loots.

Now the battle line is drawn. The union leaders under the covert instigations of their respective managements are threatening to go on strike in the next two weeks. Unfurtunately the workers are kept in the dark about the true nature of the strike. Workers are being misinformed that if Government is allowed to start the e-payment(IPPS) many will lose their jobs and all will get less salary. These liers have gone to the extent of printing fake salary structure showing less money. This is to decieve the workers to give support to their conniving paid union leaders.

Workers must rise up against this planned strike. Workers must be aware that they will be the beneficiaries of this e-payment. If you know any worker where e-payment has already been implimented ask and hear about their benefit. It is called IPPS system.
It is time to say no to the union leaders who always fight only for their own interest.

Whatever the case, Government will not go back on cleaning the system for the good of all ecxept the corrupt administrators and union leaders. If workers allow this strike to go on, they should prepare for indefinite strike without salary. The administrators will eat what they stole, the union leaders will eat your union money, while the workers will turn into beggars as the industrial action goes on throught months. A lot of allowances have not been paid by the administrators , but the union leaders never call for a strike because they get their share. Why now when workers will get paid directly from CBN will the union go on strike?

For those who are observent, they might notice that appointment letters were given to many lucky people from the past five months to date in almost all tertiary institutions. It is part of the benefit of e-payment as the administrators are trying to replace ghost workers with real workers. In FCE Zaria alone I am aware of over two hundred ghost workers. In ABU Zaria, there is similar case where casual workers were included in regular payrol but were being paid pittance as casual workers. As you may notice, unusually many people were employed in ABU for the last five months. This is to cover up ghost space. The same thing is happening in other education and research related institutions. E-payment insisted on by the Accountant General has forced this corrupt and wicked people to employ people to cover ghost spaces. This is the first benefit. Workers will see the next benefit in the recorvery of their diverted allowances and cut salary if they resist the attempt to the fraudulent union leaders to on strike.
Now it is the time for workers to fight for their right to uncut salary and full salary. I believe the simple remedy is for the workers to dissolve any union EXCO that insist on going on strike or that goes on strike without their mandate. I have done my part of enlightening you, the rest is your choice
dem don pay?
Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by slawomir: 11:12pm On Jul 06, 2017
osazsky:
dem don pay?
Baba osasky
Them don pay this afternoon o. Na zenith bank I dey use and I receive alert this afternoon.
I happy o. At least make beer fall on me this weekend
Na only three bottles I fit drink last weekend unto them never pay
But now when them down pay so. Na enough mozing o
Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by CARLOSZ: 11:12pm On Jul 06, 2017
People who didn't lose their jobs there are those who got it legitimately, those that lost their jobs are people fixed in by people they know.
The people they know are no longer in power hence the action.

4 Likes

Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by MicroSweet(m): 11:17pm On Jul 06, 2017
Like rumour, like rumour, it became reality...
Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by mekuso89(m): 11:18pm On Jul 06, 2017
AmandaLuv:
What is this world turnin into. My sister and her husband just lost their job in Michael okpara University of agriculture umudike with three kids to feed.
All thanks to the new VC Prof Francis otunta.
This VC sacked 460 staff of the University employed by the former VC Prof Hillary Odo edeoga(God bless him)
Now my sister and her family are left in the cold. The husband resigned from his job in lagos to be close to the family by accepting a job offer in mouau and relocating to umuahia.
The family are devastated.
I saw a front page material some time last week on NL about tension in Michael okpara University of agriculture umudike. now the worst has finally happened.
We need to speak against this injustice cos the new VC did this to punish the former VC Prof Hillary Odo edeoga.
my sister the new VCs name is otu nta meaning a small puzzy so we are not supprise am a student there
Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by Josmila(m): 11:19pm On Jul 06, 2017
Been working for close to a decade now, never heard of TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT, is it the same thing as being on probation which is usually 6 months? Cos it looks to me like he was a contract staff with stipulated employment period.
Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by Gkemz: 11:21pm On Jul 06, 2017
Don't worry dear, they will find better jobs. As for the VC, for being this heartless, another person will pay him back with the same scale. He can't remain there forever.
I see no reason why people should be wicked when they know that tomorrow that junior colleague they maltreated will be the one to oversee the process of their retirement entitlement.
Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by Bennyhy90: 11:23pm On Jul 06, 2017
AmandaLuv:
What is this world turnin into. My sister and her husband just lost their job in Michael okpara University of agriculture umudike with three kids to feed.
This VC sacked 460 staff of the University employed by the former VC Prof Hillary Odo edeoga(God bless him)
Now my sister and her family are left in the cold. The husband resigned from his job in lagos to be close to the family by accepting a job offer in mouau and relocating to umuahia.
I saw a front page material some time last week on NL about tension in Michael okpara University of agriculture umudike. now the worst has finally happened.
We need to speak against this injustice cos the new VC did this to punish the former VC Prof Hillary Odo edeoga.
take heart it shall be well.
Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by misspineapple(f): 11:26pm On Jul 06, 2017
Na wa..In dis recession?so painful
Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by SalamRushdie: 11:27pm On Jul 06, 2017
The appointment was temporary and given the current economic situation and political crisis rocking the school this was inevitable it seems
Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by SalamRushdie: 11:29pm On Jul 06, 2017
slawomir:

Baba osasky
Them don pay this afternoon o. Na zenith bank I dey use and I receive alert this afternoon.
I happy o. At least make beer fall on me this weekend
Na only three bottles I fit drink last weekend unto them never pay
But now when them down pay so. Na enough mozing o

Lol
Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by hardbody: 11:37pm On Jul 06, 2017
AmandaLuv:

A temporary appointment is what it is. Sad but true. God will provide a window.
Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by UncutSk(m): 11:40pm On Jul 06, 2017
Otunta sacking people anyhow
Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by whitering: 11:45pm On Jul 06, 2017
If Evans gang kidnapped him or member of his family now, he go dey blame Buhari.
Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by Mobsync(m): 11:51pm On Jul 06, 2017
AmandaLuv:

They sure deserve it.

Their employment reeks of nothing but nepotism. In a previous post announcing the termination of employment (not sack), the people affected are said to be friends and families of the permanent staff.

And that seems true because I am still trying to understand how a couple could gain employment in the same university at the same time.

Whoever they paid has scammed them. But they cannot do anything about it because they themselves are scammers.

They entered through the back door and have now been flung out over the fence.

Greet them for me. Next time they should learn to do things properly. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

3 Likes

Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by Nobody: 12:22am On Jul 07, 2017
so sorry, but the truth is the husband should never have left his earlier job.

But then again nobody knows the future. let's hope for the best in all our choices & decisions
Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by Naijareward: 1:45am On Jul 07, 2017
GioArmani:
Let's blame Yorubas for this too - Foolish IPOD

Anything About IPO gives you heart attack.... Why so much jealous on IPO .. The fearless IPO can not fear any government in Nigeria.
Even you, focus on your own and let other people focus on what they want to achieve ...
Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by biggie73(m): 1:47am On Jul 07, 2017
Lesson learned : couple must not work in the same organization.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chinese Company In Ogun Compensates Worker Crippled By His Boss’ Kung-fu Kicks / Osun Lecturer Faints In Bank After Finding N150 As February Salary In Account / Trixy The Photographer Who Took Pictures Of The Dancing Traffic Police Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.