Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,107 members, 7,807,339 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2040911 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1677) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 6:29pm On May 21, 2010
konami001,
naija is a big country and there are many accredited dealers of reliable brands of inverters.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 9:43am On Jul 29, 2010
guys,
as promised in the official fta thread, here are live pictures of my solar installation completed a few days back. an additional 400w of sharp solar module was just what was added to the existing system.

preparing the bracket for roof installation:

1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 9:46am On Jul 29, 2010
unpacking the modules:

1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 9:55am On Jul 29, 2010
on the roof:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by solo1ng1: 9:56am On Jul 29, 2010
@george,

Congrat!!!! grin grin grin
We need more pics and discussion on how we too can be of benefit, small scall, medium &  large scale solar cheesy cheesy cheesy
Kudos
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 9:57am On Jul 29, 2010
old meets new. same system, more current from the sun!

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 10:01am On Jul 29, 2010
inside the ceiling, away from public view, this is where the real work is done! grin

tidying up connections- positve to positive, negative to negative:

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 10:03am On Jul 29, 2010
testing system voltage, confirming the sun's output! wink

1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 10:04am On Jul 29, 2010
solar charge controller:

1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 10:06am On Jul 29, 2010
inverter (5kva) with multimeter reading system voltage.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 10:07am On Jul 29, 2010
more:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 10:08am On Jul 29, 2010
the complete system-excluding the solar array on the roof:

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by solo1ng1: 10:11am On Jul 29, 2010
George_D:

on the roof:

Waoh, wonderful!!! wink wink but bros, u dey fear warri boys? i can see padlock attached to the solar panel grin Abi, investment center,
But for tenants, it may not be easy to mount on the roof here in Lagos o, it means, pay more rent as u mount  grin
I hope i'll get one soonest, as am tired of generator,
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 10:46am On Jul 29, 2010
solo,
no be small thing oooo! i've to protect my investment oooo! 25yrs is a long time ooooo!  grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hotwire(m): 11:01am On Jul 29, 2010
@George D,

A promise kept. This is an ambitious project man! It must have gulped a mil. Your setup is better than generator, the only problem is the initial capital outlay. Go ahead and coach us. We are all ears, abi na EYES? Congrats, 24hr FTA viewing without noise, smoke, fuel or NEPA bills.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zenus(m): 11:49am On Jul 29, 2010
Oga, pls how much is that solar panel and the charge controller

I need something like that for my 2.5kva
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by freshp(m): 3:50pm On Jul 29, 2010
Oga George,
you too much o bros,
May You enjoy the fruits of your labour. . . and May All Gentlemen (Warri boys) never near your set Up.Amen

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by litaninja(m): 7:24pm On Jul 29, 2010
@George_D: Nice project. Simple and well constructed accessories to go along with it. Na time & money remain for my own. I've done the site planning and stuff already smiley) Keep it up bros!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by litaninja(m): 7:29pm On Jul 29, 2010
@ George_D: 1 question just to confirm, is the voltage regulator in the pic for charging the inverter from mains or for regulating the output from the inverter?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TOWNJUJU: 1:09pm On Jul 30, 2010
oga George infact u 2muchhhhhhh. but wait oh how much all this tin worth. Pls figure.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obnelly: 7:49pm On Jul 30, 2010
How much it worths is not the issue try and learn how is being set up and go to market and get your material ready.

Good job George D,

running electricity with ordinary firewood will surely be my project.I am working on it.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 30, 2010
@ george,

with your first pix you posted, i can see something i'm sure few others could be seeing that i will hold in exchange for ransom from you anything you do me wrong.

Solo1ng1, you also can see what i'm thinking, PADLOCKS, oga george if you could be using padlocks for mere solar panel guard on yur roof top where all eyes could see, i'm very sure you must have invested heavily in the house security system too.

Well this is a challenge and a wake up call for individuals who want to enjoy FTA to the peak.

With the power conferred on me by the deities, i now add this chieftaincy title to you, as

Bobajiroro of FTA in Nigeria,

oye a mori ooooo
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zenus(m): 11:35am On Jul 31, 2010
obnelly:

How much it worths is not the issue try and learn how is being set up and go to market and get your material ready.

Good job George D,

running electricity with ordinary firewood will surely be my project.I am working on it.

You want make person learn installation work before he can install.
Knowing the price is beta.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by iykemann: 10:47am On Aug 01, 2010
@all,
I have an inverter 500va max and charger for charging my batteries since I dont have a solar panel, but my problem is that I bought two 200ah 12volt battery and I dont know how to connect it and get best result,pls someone instruct me on what to do, or how to connet it,my inverter is 12volt.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BUTONEDAY(m): 8:40pm On Aug 01, 2010
iykemann:

@all,
I have an inverter 500va max and charger for charging my batteries since I dont have a solar panel, but my problem is that I bought two 200ah 12volt battery and I dont know how to connect it and get best result,pls someone instruct me on what to do, or how to connet it,my inverter is 12volt.

@ Ikemann,
This case is simple. Your batteries are 12 volts, inverter is 12 volts and your charger may be 12 volts as well. All you need do is to connect the positive terminal of battery A to the positive terminal of battery B. Do like wise for the negative terminals. Thereafter, connect a line each from the positive and negative jumper cables to the positive and negative terminals respectively of your inverter and battery charger. Enjoy
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 9:35am On Aug 02, 2010
zenus:

Oga, pls how much is that solar panel and the charge controller

I need something like that for my 2.5kva

zenus,
each sharp solar panel of 200w is about 180k and the morningstar ts-45 charge controller is about 60k.

for your 2.5kva inverter, assuming your using 2 batteries of 12v/200ah you will need a minimum 2pcs of these type of modules to enjoy.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 9:42am On Aug 02, 2010
litaninja:

@ George_D: 1 question just to confirm, is the voltage regulator in the pic for charging the inverter from mains or for regulating the output from the inverter?

litaninja,
the voltage regulator (solar charge controller) in the picture is for regulating the input current from the solar array which is used to charge the battery bank. it also serves a dual purpose of blocking excessive current from pasing from the battery bank to the array when charging with phcn or at night when the sun is down.

the inverter has its own in-built charger that regulates what current goes in to charge the batteries.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 9:50am On Aug 02, 2010
enitan,
no mind me o jare. the padlocks are not really necessary and they will eventually be removed.

iykemann,
i think your question has already been answered.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by solo1ng1: 9:55am On Aug 02, 2010
George_D:

enitan,
no mind me o jare. the padlocks are not really necessary and they will eventually be removed.

iykemann,
i think your question has already been answered.

@George,

So u have to climb roof top again to remove padlocks? Why the stress? If you come fall down for roof nko? grin, wetin u go talk say happen? grin, i beg leave am jare, nothing is unimportant,
Best wishes

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hotwire(m): 10:29am On Aug 02, 2010
@Geoge D,
Babajiroro of Nigeria FTA (courtesy Enitan2002) could you pls confirm the merits and demerits of parallel vs series connection of batteries to store energy. Does it have any effect on the inverter, the charge cotroller or the batterry themselves?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zenus(m): 10:36am On Aug 02, 2010
Hotwire:

@Geoge D,
Babajiroro of Nigeria FTA (courtesy Enitan2002) could you pls confirm the merits and demerits of parallel vs series connection of batteries to store energy. Does it have any effect on the inverter, the charge cotroller or the batterry themselves?

check here
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-390522.0.html#msg5773147

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zenus(m): 10:38am On Aug 02, 2010
George_D:

zenus,
each sharp solar panel of 200w is about 180k and the morningstar ts-45 charge controller is about 60k.

for your 2.5kva inverter, assuming your using 2 batteries of 12v/200ah you will need a minimum 2pcs of these type of modules to enjoy.

will contact u soon

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1677) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Dam5reey1(m), dacool1(m), moneyest(m), Buchika, HeavenlyBang(m), balogwink, pelepeleb, ebrymDIY, loluskysat(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.