Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2042860 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (1679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 11:28am On Nov 24, 2015
chris81964:

I don't do the Indian brands. So I am not familiar with them and can't give a qualified opinion. The reason why they list cycle uses on batteries is so that you know the maximum and minimum voltage you can charge the batteries to. When they are not charged properly sulfation occurs and there is no particular manner in which it occurs. Differences in tightness of your lug, distance of battery to the charge source, imperfections in the battery can be the reason why one fails before the other.

I attended a class over the weekend and the instructor told us that you can equalize your sealed batteries. Give that a try and see if it will bring it back. At 12 Volts your battery is flat. It is beyond flat at 11 volts. You might want to set the alarm for 11.5 Volts.

Run the equalization and get a desulfator. The instructor swore by them. If the batteries are not too far gone you might be able to rescue them with the suggestion that I made.
woow. we keep learning every day. Valuable contribution from u sir.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 11:56am On Nov 24, 2015
@abunafiu sorry o. i had such experience wt 3.5kva safepower and sukam batr. i hv notice overtime too that load contribute to it.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 2:21pm On Nov 25, 2015
kiekie1:
HURRY ! HURRY !! DISCOUNT SALES !!!!!!

USA TROJAN L16-RE Premium Line Flooded Lead Acid Battery 6V (410AH)20hr Rate ..... @ 75k

USA TROJAN J185P-AC Signature Line Flooded Lead-Acid Battery 12V (205AH) 20hr Rate .... "NOW IN STOCK"....@65k

Solarworld mono panels 255w ,260w,265w "made in Germany" etc now in stock at very discounted prices.........

JOY SOLAR MODULES

POLY SOLAR PANEL:
80W N10000. 100W N13500. 120W N16000. 130W N16500. 160W N23000. 170W N25000. 180W N26000. 250W N30000. 280W N40000.

MONO SOLAR PANEL:
80W N12000. 100W N15000. 110W N15500. 120W N18000. 130W 20000.180W N28000.

Latest model 10kva wall mount servo stab (AC input range 80V-270V)....... @50k

Must power star light inverters with charge current adjustable variable,LCD display,wall mount,remote port,load wattage display,flooded/gel/agm battery settings,battery equalisation and desulphation settings...
1kw 12v =50k
1.5kw 12v =60k
2kw 12v =75k
2kw 24v =75k
3kw"4kva" 24v =120k
4kw 24v/48v =140k
5kw 24v/48v =160k
6kw"7.5kva"24/48v=210k
8kw 192v. =350k
10kw 96v. =380k

Must power inverter boards ...@25k

Programmable timer switch with LCD display 220vac 16a........ @4k

The EP Solar "I TRACER" 60a mppt controller is simply rugged compared to Morningstar price and has excellent features like: -inbuilt LCD display,
-high efficiency energy harvest with advanced mppt algorithm
-dual core (ARM CPU+DSP) control architecture
-run data and event recording
-multi phase synchronous rectification tech realizing peak conversion efficiency 98%
-high reliabilty including reverse connection, over current and load short protection etc
-diversified load control mode
-monitor software supplement and firmware update
-extensive communication capabilities (RS232, RS485 with modbus protocol, CAN bus extendable)....@

*AUTHORIZED DEALER SOLAR SHOP LTD PRODUCTS*
All our products come with 1 year Warranty

For best affordable prices,contact Smartcell Global Services,Lagos Nigeria. Simply call Sir Frankie "+2348135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !!!

Hurry ! Few USA Trojan J185P in stock .... Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 7:03pm On Nov 25, 2015
chris81964:

I don't do the Indian brands. So I am not familiar with them and can't give a qualified opinion. The reason why they list cycle uses on batteries is so that you know the maximum and minimum voltage you can charge the batteries to. When they are not charged properly sulfation occurs and there is no particular manner in which it occurs. Differences in tightness of your lug, distance of battery to the charge source, imperfections in the battery can be the reason why one fails before the other.

I attended a class over the weekend and the instructor told us that you can equalize your sealed batteries. Give that a try and see if it will bring it back. At 12 Volts your battery is flat. It is beyond flat at 11 volts. You might want to set the alarm for 11.5 Volts.

Run the equalization and get a desulfator. The instructor swore by them. If the batteries are not too far gone you might be able to rescue them with the suggestion that I made.

There are lots of reasons postulated for the positive/negative terminal batteries failing earlier but the truth is, many at times, for no discernably obvious reason, they simply fail. Just like that.

I have great faith in desulphators as I have used a few with testimonies (Abunafiu is aware of this) but the issue of equalizing sealed lead acid batteries/AGM batteries ......
.... at best, one would be killing the batteries faster (shortened lifespan/cycle life). Note that the risk of explosions become real when equalizing AGM batteries. A suitable alternative might be holding the absorb (or bulk voltage for those which have different+higher bulk voltage) for many hours. Both safe and effective.

Oops, I've said more than intended
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 1:17am On Nov 26, 2015
Saipro:

There are lots of reasons postulated for the positive/negative terminal batteries failing earlier but the truth is, many at times, for no discernably obvious reason, they simply fail. Just like that.

I have great faith in desulphators as I have used a few with testimonies (Abunafiu is aware of this) but the issue of equalizing sealed lead acid batteries/AGM batteries ......
.... at best, one would be killing the batteries faster (shortened lifespan/cycle life). Note that the risk of explosions become real when equalizing AGM batteries. A suitable alternative might be holding the absorb (or bulk voltage for those which have different+higher bulk voltage) for many hours. Both safe and effective.

Oops, I've said more than intended

Thank you for your feedback. Like I said an instructor that teaches the class suggested it. I will try it. Granted for less than 1 hour. Another suggestion that I saw was to increase the float voltage by a few volts for a few days.
It is all experimentation. If it works we look like geniuses, if it does not we look like goats.

The batteries have one foot in the grave so why not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbx30d-E1sM
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 2:15am On Nov 26, 2015
chris81964:

Thank you for your feedback. Like I said an instructor that teaches the class suggested it. I will try it. Granted for less than 1 hour. Another suggestion that I saw was to increase the float voltage by a few volts for a few days.
It is all experimentation. If it works we look like geniuses, if it does not we look like goats.

The batteries have one foot in the grave so why not?

Indeed. You're quite correct. However, above all outcomes you might seek, bear your own health and safety in mind. The batteries have one foot in the grave, not you.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 26, 2015
Any Black Friday offer in the offing from our sellers here?Good am @all.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by c0ogumo(m): 9:28am On Nov 26, 2015
okoegualek:

********Black Friday Deal************

150W Poly Panel for N25K each
150W Mono panel for N27K each
Powerstar 1000W Inverter/Charger 24V for N60K
20A 12/24V Chinese MPPT CC for N30K
Epsolar 20A 12/24V MPPT CC for N35k

Please call me if interested 0803-260-2629
www.solardepotng.com

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 1:04am On Nov 27, 2015
okoegualek:

Yeah.... Discount prices on all solar shop products.

21% discount on all PRAG products ..

Bluegate 3.5kva 24v pure sinewave LCD display inverter @ 110k

Must power "voltron" 2kw 24v pure sinewave LCD display inverter @ 75k

Mercury tubular/flooded12v 220a batteries "18 months warranty" @ call for price

Mercury deep cycle 12v 200a batteries @ 50k
A&E 10kva servo wall mount stab "80-270 AC input range"

Infinitum battery life saver desulphators @ 20k

Programmable Timer switches with lcd display @ 4k

10mm² black armoured solar panel-charge controller cables with earth/grounding flex "silver copper based & heat resistant " ... @ 500 per yard

Discount prices on all JOY solar panels..

CSUN panels arriving soon.....

*AUTHORISED DEALER PRAGMATIC TECHNOLOGIES*
All our prag / cyberpower products comes with reliable warranty

For best affordable prices,contact Smartcell Global Services,Lagos Nigeria. Simply call Sir Frankie "+2348135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !!!

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 11:10am On Nov 27, 2015
kiekie1:

Yeah.... Discount prices on all solar shop products.

21% discount on all PRAG products ..

Bluegate 3.5kva 24v pure sinewave LCD display inverter @ 100k

Mercury tubular/flooded12v 220a batteries "18 months warranty" @ 50k

Mercury deep cycle 12v 200a batteries @ 50k
A&E 10kva servo wall mount stab "80-270 AC input range"

Infinitum battery life saver desulphators @ 20k

Programmable Timer switches with lcd display @ 4k

10mm² black armoured solar panel-charge controller cables with earth/grounding flex "silver copper based & heat resistant " ... @ 500 per yard

Happy Black Friday Sir Frank
Please remove the image you are using on this advert. It is not right for you to copy my image and use consistently for your public advert.
Take care and happy sales

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:15am On Nov 27, 2015
richmon74:

Please remove the image you are using on this advert. It is not right for you to copy my image and use consistently for your public advert.

Thanks... Images can be shared since its basically for sales reason ...mind you I never copied it from you, what point are you actually tryna make here tho, I can send you enough stock pictures from various warehouses if you need cos there is no patent right governing product pics and sharing for resales sake.! Weekend regards!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 12:05pm On Nov 27, 2015
kiekie1:

Thanks... Images can be shared since its basically for sales reason ...mind you I never copied it from you, what point are you actually tryna make here tho, I can send you enough stock pictures from various warehouses if you need cos there is no patent right governing product pics and sharing for resales sake.! Weekend regards!

I have never complained about your sharing my images. I don't know where u got them from. I posted those images and Later took it down 'cos When I posted those images the company didn't find it funny. You and I knows how this particular company value the privacy of their warehouse. Even this particular one you are replacing it with is part of those series when Juo was at the warehouse trying to snap the battery specifications. I tried reaching you on phone but u said you were going to call me back but you didn't. Ill try again all the same. Cheers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 1:00pm On Nov 27, 2015
Saipro:

Indeed. You're quite correct. However, above all outcomes you might seek, bear your own health and safety in mind. The batteries have one foot in the grave, not you.
Funny comment.
Safety is important. I am not convinced that an over charge lasting an hour would result in an explosion.
Many people here have deliberately shorted batteries and they did not explode.
At the end of the day we all do what we find comfortable.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 5:02pm On Nov 27, 2015
kiekie1:

There are laws that govern image (creative laws) use without you giving credit to whom the image belongs. What you lose is not worth the short term gains that you get.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 5:54pm On Nov 27, 2015
chris81964:

Sir Frankie there are laws that govern image (creative laws) use without you giving credit to whom the image belongs. What you lose is not worth the short term gains that you get. You can take it as good advice or you can respond in the same manner.

Hello Chris, Do not stress that issue on an old snapshot... Not worth it pal ! Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by yemisolar(m): 7:57pm On Nov 27, 2015
abunafiu:
I would like to throw this issue up for discussion.
I installed a number of 1.5kva 24v inverters(safepower, luminous, genius , sukham etc). After 10 months thereabout, the clients notified me of reduced number of hours of backup.
Preliminary checkes revealed a failing battery and in most cases, the most negative battery.
The same happens with INDIAN 48v inverters too.
Lets discuss the possible causes and solution.
My integrity has been badly affected as a result because I promised most of them 2yrs of useful battery life. The most annoying part is most clients are my senior colleagues at work...u all know what it means.
attn: juo, richmon74, chris81964, Konnektions146, Earthrealm, c0ogumo and every other knowledgeable person .

While we wait for the oga's at the top, I have used (and still) install Indian brands. I was in your shoes a couple of years ago and it was a humiliating experience.

While I don't want to condemn you because I have learned a lot of from your posts here on Nairaland, I think it was wrong for you to promise two years of service life. There is a reason why the manufacturers only give 6 months. The primary line of business for most of these companies is inverter production, what they do is outsource their battery production to Chinese companies. The number of cycles in these batteries is less than 400 making the lifespan just about a year. The exceptions occur in areas with good power supply and extra energy efficient clients, as we all know most Nigerians have a wasteful habit.

For me I stick with exide and quanta batteries, the no1 and no 2 in India respectively. They are a little more expensive (about 10k higher) but so far (a little less than four years) I have had a good experience with them.

As for your clients, make them a good offer such as staggered payment in order to remedy the situation. Best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 9:00pm On Nov 27, 2015
yemisolar:

While we wait for the oga's at the top, I have used (and still) install Indian brands. I was in your shoes a couple of years ago and it was a humiliating experience.

While I don't want to condemn you because I have learned a lot of from your posts here on Nairaland, I think it was wrong for you to promise two years of service life. There is a reason why the manufacturers only give 6 months. The primary line of business for most of these companies is inverter production, what they do is outsource their battery production to Chinese companies. The number of cycles in these batteries is less than 400 making the lifespan just about a year. The exceptions occur in areas with good power supply and extra energy efficient clients, as we all know most Nigerians have a wasteful habit.

For me I stick with exide and quanta batteries, the no1 and no 2 in India respectively. They are a little more expensive (about 10k higher) but so far (a little less than four years) I have had a good experience with them.

As for your clients, make them a good offer such as staggered payment in order to remedy the situation. Best of luck.
I sincerely appreciate your honest response. I still wait for other senior friends comment.
Meanwhile, I have sent you a pm.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:35am On Nov 28, 2015
okoegualek:
Finally,I have been able to read this library of Solar ......from page 1 till page 116.I must commend every contributors to this thread,especially George D,Abunafiu,Kiekie1,Frankie,Richmond etc and others too numerous to mention.If I mispelt your name ,pardon me.Godless u all,keep the thread alive as always.Hmmmmmmm,and I say to myself welcome to DIY Solar ....
You can reach me for best prices .. Thanks!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by donmajor2: 2:07pm On Nov 28, 2015
richmon74:

Oga Richmon74, I hail o. Any 'black friday' discounts for the boys? Abi na Cyber Monday you go surprise us? Plenty regards.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 4:05pm On Nov 30, 2015
chris81964:

Funny comment.
Safety is important. I am not convinced that an over charge lasting an hour would result in an explosion.
Many people here have deliberately shorted batteries and they did not explode.
At the end of the day we all do what we find comfortable.

You're quite right the likelihood of a battery exploding from overchaging AND internal shorts are quite small (about 10 - 20%) of all battery explosions. Most are due to ignition from an external spark. That data is from countries which keep statistics. I have no clue of local statistics. Indeed, asides from one and only one incident, all battery explosions I have witnessed are from external sparks. I periodically overcharged dying car batteries to revive them WHILE MONITORING BOTH SG AND TEMPERATURE. I still tried reviving one two weeks ago over a period of two days. I had about 30% success but it came to life sufficiently to be of short-term use. One should be safe doing that. However ......

In as much as it might seem a funny comment, those who've experienced explosions (I have a friend with a scarred lower face and upper torso) will tell you it's a life altering experience not to be taken lightly. Remember, most of the things posted here are not for the sake of the pros but for the amateurs.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 4:20pm On Nov 30, 2015
well said

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 1:36am On Dec 01, 2015
Saipro:

You're quite right the likelihood of a battery exploding from overchaging AND internal shorts are quite small (about 10 - 20%) of all battery explosions. Most are due to ignition from an external spark. That data is from countries which keep statistics. I have no clue of local statistics. Indeed, asides from one and only one incident, all battery explosions I have witnessed are from external sparks. I periodically overcharged dying car batteries to revive them WHILE MONITORING BOTH SG AND TEMPERATURE. I still tried reviving one two weeks ago over a period of two days. I had about 30% success but it came to life sufficiently to be of short-term use. One should be safe doing that. However ......

In as much as it might seem a funny comment, those who've experienced explosions (I have a friend with a scarred lower face and upper torso) will tell you it's a life altering experience not to be taken lightly. Remember, most of the things posted here are not for the sake of the pros but for the amateurs.

Sapiro. Point well taken. In the NABCEP approved classes that we have to take to install solar power, they over stress precaution. Gloves, eye wear, plastic coated tools and so much more. The comment being funny does not make it any less serious.
Thank you for the rejoinder and reminder.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 7:58am On Dec 03, 2015
HURRY ! HURRY !! HAPPY XMAS DISCOUNT SALES !!!!!!

USA TROJAN L16-RE Premium Line Flooded Lead Acid Battery 6V (410AH)20hr Rate *limited quantity*..... @ 75k

USA TROJAN J185P-AC Signature Line Flooded Lead-Acid Battery 12V (205AH) 20hr Rate .... "NOW IN STOCK"....@65k

Solarworld mono panels 255w ,260w,265w "made in Germany" etc now in stock at very discounted prices.........

JOY SOLAR MODULES

POLY SOLAR PANEL:
80W N10000. 100W N13500. 120W N16000. 130W N16500. 160W N23000. 170W N25000. 180W N26000. 250W N30000. 280W N40000.

MONO SOLAR PANEL:
80W N12000. 100W N15000. 110W N15500. 120W N18000. 130W 20000.180W N28000.

Latest model 10kva wall mount servo stab (AC input range 80V-270V)....... @50k

Must power star light inverters with charge current adjustable variable,LCD display,wall mount,remote port,load wattage display,flooded/gel/agm battery settings,battery equalisation and desulphation settings...
1kw 12v =50k
1.5kw 12v =60k
2kw 12v =75k
2kw 24v =75k
3kw"4kva" 24v =120k
4kw 24v/48v =140k
5kw 24v/48v =160k
6kw"7.5kva"24/48v=210k
8kw 192v. =350k
10kw 96v. =380k

Must power inverter boards ...@25k

Programmable timer switch with LCD display 220vac 16a........ @5k

New Epsolar Tracer A series available.30a 12-24v auto select. . Max pv input voltage 100v. It has excellent features like: -inbuilt LCD display,
-high efficiency energy harvest with advanced mppt algorithm
-dual core (ARM CPU+DSP) control architecture
-run data and event recording
-multi phase synchronous rectification tech realizing peak conversion efficiency 98%
-high reliabilty including reverse connection, over current and load short protection etc
-diversified load control mode
-monitor software supplement and firmware update
-extensive communication capabilities (RS232, RS485 with modbus protocol, CAN bus extendable)....@40k

For best affordable prices,contact Smartcell Global Services,Lagos Nigeria. Simply call Sir Frankie "08135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:10am On Dec 03, 2015
kiekie1:

Yeah happy Xmas sales .... Discount prices on all solar shop products.

20% discount on all PRAG products ..

Bluegate 3.5kva 24v pure sinewave LCD display inverter @ 100k

Mercury tubular/flooded12v 220a batteries "18 months warranty" with electrolyte level indicator @ call for price

Mercury deep cycle 12v 200a batteries @ 48k

Bluegate deep cycle 12v 200a batteries @ 48k

A&E 10kva servo wall mount stab "80-270 AC input range" @50k

Infinitum battery life saver desulphators @ 15k

Programmable Timer switches with lcd display @ 5k

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 11:50am On Dec 03, 2015
Another possible reason is that the batteries were not in same charge state just before installation. Some might have been at 13.6v while some were below 12.5v. If that was the case some of the battery will not be fully charged.

Next time use a 12v charger and charge each battery indivually before forming the bank. This might help though not the only solution.
abunafiu:

I sincerely appreciate your honest response. I still wait for other senior friends comment.
Meanwhile, I have sent you a pm.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:30pm On Dec 05, 2015
Wishing my numerous clients warmth regards and a happy xmas in advance .... May God bless you all,AMEN!!!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 5:06am On Dec 09, 2015
house need guidance here. a battery bank of 12volts 500ah. how many panels will i need to charge this bank and the spec of the charge controller, to bring it to 100% soc. my inverter just brings the batteries to 97% on NEPA, thinking of buying a smart charger to assist you inputs needed urgently ...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by c0ogumo(m): 3:04pm On Dec 09, 2015
samnaija:
house need guidance here. a battery bank of 12volts 500ah. how many panels will i need to charge this bank and the spec of the charge controller, to bring it to 100% soc. my inverter just brings the batteries to 97% on NEPA, thinking of buying a smart charger to assist you inputs needed urgently ...

Please answer the following questions;

Why cant your inverter fully charge your bank?
What is the brand of your inverter and what is the charging current?
Why is your inverter bringing the bank to 97%? why not 100%
Are you looking for solar to fill the remaining 3%? or to charge from 50% DoD to full?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 12:24am On Dec 10, 2015
c0ogumo:

Please answer the following questions;

Why cant your inverter fully charge your bank?
What is the brand of your inverter and what is the charging current?
Why is your inverter bringing the bank to 97%? why not 100%
Are you looking for solar to fill the remaining 3%? or to charge from 50% DoD to full?

the inverter is a 1 kva kevin inverter the charging current 30amps.when there is nepa the display shows about 225 volts entering the battery , the soc will try to reach 100% but does not get there till nepa takes light.always reaching 97%.about 13.8volts.. this is only when there is light. i want to upgrade to solar. and I want to make no mistakes. thnks in advance.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 3:21am On Dec 10, 2015
samnaija:

the inverter is a 1 kva kevin inverter the charging current 30amps.when there is nepa the display shows about 225 volts entering the battery , the soc will try to reach 100% but does not get there till nepa takes light.always reaching 97%.about 13.8volts.. this is only when there is light. i want to upgrade to solar. and I want to make no mistakes. thnks in advance.

Pardon me for saying this but there's a problem somewhere though I don't quite know where.
1. 13.8V doesn't correspond to any SoC for any lead-acid battery I know. At rest, 100% is typically between 12.7V and 12.8V (depending on battery manufacturer, make and type). Float at 100% is about 13.2V to 13.4V (depending on the same aformentioned) and absorb is typically between 14.1V and 15.0V (once again depending on the aforementioned). Nowhere does 13.8V show up though I know some AGM/VRLA brands state 13.8V as the lower limit for absorb voltage
2. SoC doesn't necessarily correlate with voltage (as depicted above) and that's why FLA batteries are often preferred to the others (due to benefits of SG measurements) but not often used (cost and at times tedious maintenance not to mention non-applicability in many scenarios). I hope your batteries are FLA.
3. On a different level, you stated 225V as "entering the battery". I'm certain that's a typo. Regardles, most lead-acid batteries require an average minimum of 14.4V to stay happy in absorb. In avoiding over-charging, you might be dangerously undercharging your batteries. And I'm aware the Sukam you speak of has a fixed charge algorithm in which you can't alter the charging parameters.

You could
A. Get a better inverter with a reliable (better yet, flexible) charging algorithm or
B. As you suggested, hook up with solar. You would still need to get your charging algorithm right but it's more in your hands now as there often are more options. Like you hope to do, I charge solely with solar and I'm slightly over-paneled so I'd almost never have to fallback on charging via NEPA/gen.

Just my personally opinion from personal experience. I expect no criticism. It's candid talk.

By the way, don't always believe/rely on the displayed value from the display panel of euipment you use. Read with an external device occassionally. You could be hitting 100% without realising it

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 6:30am On Dec 10, 2015
samnaija:

kevin brand?...sounds like a local inverter or indian etc..anyway...going by battery basics wch states minimum of 10% of ur power bank capacity if the the charging requirement...thus you need a n inver ter or charger that can kick out 50amps at 12v minimum.......best sef is one tht can do 70amp........using an external charge r isnt a feasible option.
either change ur inverter to >50amp 12v type or you change ur battery arrangment to a 24v 250amp bank...n then get a 24v 30amp inverter.
you shud b fine either way

oh i forgot....with ur present setup same thing applies...you wud need a cc/panel config to give you upto 50amps or best 40amps --gurus share ur views on this solar angle

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (1679) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Valto(m), Parser, AllyPolly, HeavenlyBang(m), ksmart027(m), en0uwem and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.