Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,831 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2032389 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (1667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by LandTiller: 12:09pm On Nov 28, 2016
Magnum sine MS PAE 4124 Inverter for sale
4100w 24v aavailable for 400k. Available for inspection.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 1:36pm On Nov 28, 2016
chris81964:

Do you equalize? I had the same experience and after a series of equalization routines they stopped. Turn the inverter off and let your midnight classic equalize at 64.8 for 1 hour. Repeat every thirty days.
Also move the batteries around or change your connections. I do mine once a year. I run my strings through a bus bar and I have had better results since.

am having a similar issue on 1 of my small installations, 24v system, 2 x 12v luminous smf batts hooked to a 1.5kva 24v luminous inverter, batteries charge ok but on load after some time, the voltage of 1 of the batteries drop to 10.7v, while the other remains @12.7v..hv hooked a standalone desulphator to the bad battery for weeks now, no change... since the are smf batteries, i think equalizing them isnt an option.
has anyone had this problem and succesfully recovered the battery?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 1:51pm On Nov 28, 2016
earthrealm:

am having a similar issue on 1 of my small installations, 24v system, 2 x 12v luminous smf batts hooked to a 1.5kva 24v luminous inverter, batteries charge ok but on load after some time, the voltage of 1 of the batteries drop to 10.7v, while the other remains @12.7v..hv hooked a standalone desulphator to the bad battery for weeks now, no change... since the are smf batteries, i think equalizing them isnt an option.
has anyone had this problem and succesfully recovered the battery?
Believe it or not you can equalize your batteries. The Victron controllers have an equalize setting for your battery type. Do the over charge as a group or individually. There is a 50/50 chance that the battery is shot. If it has failed remove the bad battery or risk damage to the other.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 8:28am On Nov 29, 2016
chris81964:

Believe it or not you can equalize your batteries. The Victron controllers have an equalize setting for your battery type. Do the over charge as a group or individually. There is a 50/50 chance that the battery is shot. If it has failed remove the bad battery or risk damage to the other.

To be strongly discouraged. That's for pros and the daring. I'm no pro. Yes, I've done it before. Yes, worked, No, I would not recommend it. Yes, if you risk it, you'd probably have to sit through the process, taking temperatures and voltage readings often.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by timifakay(m): 9:09am On Nov 29, 2016
shiftmarket:
Price and location will get you faster results.
Thanks
Price: #75k
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Bosunyomi: 12:01pm On Nov 29, 2016
Good day all, pls how much will it cost to install solar panel for 2units of 200amps battery with 1400va inverter? Considering installing it to cut fuel cost for generator
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emmaniche: 1:34pm On Nov 29, 2016
I need a fairly used 2.4m or 1.8m around Ibadan in good condition
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 3:39pm On Nov 29, 2016
Saipro:

To be strongly discouraged. That's for pros and the daring. I'm no pro. Yes, I've done it before. Yes, worked, No, I would not recommend it. Yes, if you risk it, you'd probably have to sit through the process, taking temperatures and voltage readings often.

Taking the plunge with solar implies risk and some daring. An equalization charge is a brief overcharge of your batteries.If you are uncomfortable change the absorbtion voltage and time on your controller. It will not be quite an equalization but you will be pretty close. For your AGM batteries 29-30V (on a 24V system) for about 3 hours
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 6:10pm On Nov 29, 2016
chris81964:

Taking the plunge with solar implies risk and some daring. An equalization charge is a brief overcharge of your batteries.If you are uncomfortable change the absorbtion voltage and time on your controller. It will not be quite an equalization but you will be pretty close. For your AGM batteries 29-30V (on a 24V system) for about 3 hours

i even forgot, the batteries were used on a solar system with ep solar set to equalize every month for abt 1yr, so am guessing they may have seen their fair of unsupervised equalization. batteries are 3yrs+ old, and i hv tweaked them, and hope to get 5yrs from them, b4 i noticed the 10.7v issue grin, which is the same thing that killed my first set of luminous batteries--- making me conclude that luminous inverter somehow kills off 1 battery, i have seen about 2 other people with the same issue...

i put my clamp meter on the luminous, and the max current i got was 9.2amps, not even upto 15amps to cater for 2units of 150ah battery which the manufacturers recommended
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 6:09am On Nov 30, 2016
earthrealm:

i even forgot, the batteries were used on a solar system with ep solar set to equalize every month for abt 1yr, so am guessing they may have seen their fair of unsupervised equalization. batteries are 3yrs+ old, and i hv tweaked them, and hope to get 5yrs from them, b4 i noticed the 10.7v issue grin, which is the same thing that killed my first set of luminous batteries--- making me conclude that luminous inverter somehow kills off 1 battery, i have seen about 2 other people with the same issue...

i put my clamp meter on the luminous, and the max current i got was 9.2amps, not even upto 15amps to cater for 2units of 150ah battery which the manufacturers recommended

The reason why I would love to generalise, most Indian Inverters are not what they ought to be. I may be wrong though but as you said I have seen a number of cases. In my quest to solve this problem is where I stumbled upon Trojans.
Even though many senior friends here have some reservation for Mustpower Inverters, I think that's all in the past as mine still does fine for 2 yrs now, installed a number for clients too. The secret is a good servo stabiliser. Unlike the Indian Inverters, Mustpower charges fine with very good amperage depending on the capacity you bought.

As for your luminous batteries, from my experience I doubt if you have any chance of reviving them.

Installers here can bare witness of what they go tru when those batteries die in six months after commission. Na serous embarrassment. .client trouble no be better one Oo.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 8:11am On Nov 30, 2016
abunafiu:

The reason why I would love to generalise, most Indian Inverters are not what they ought to be. I may be wrong though but as you said I have seen a number of cases. In my quest to solve this problem is where I stumbled upon Trojans.
Even though many senior friends here have some reservation for Mustpower Inverters, I think that's all in the past as mine still does fine for 2 yrs now, installed a number for clients too. The secret is a good servo stabiliser. Unlike the Indian Inverters, Mustpower charges fine with very good amperage depending on the capacity you bought.

As for your luminous batteries, from my experience I doubt if you have any chance of reviving them.

Installers here can bare witness of what they go tru when those batteries die in six months after commission. Na serous embarrassment. .client trouble no be better one Oo.
Which SMF battery has a better reputation among the readily available ones? I am about to change out my battery bank soon and I don't have the luxury of considering Trojan for many reasons.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by lizqueen24(f): 9:25am On Nov 30, 2016
Please For your Xantrex Inverters,Fullriver batteries,Eaton UPS,Ecogreen Mono solar panels.... pls call 08030402120.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 9:44am On Nov 30, 2016
earthrealm:

If the word in bold are true, your batteries are most likely beyond salvage. Then again, 3 years is excellent battery life for SMF batteries; many don't live beyond 18 months.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 10:22am On Nov 30, 2016
15 pieces of Used SMF 200amp batteries available for sale. Reason for disposal : unable to hold charge for long.
Interested buyers contact me pronto!

+2347085268842
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by battleaxe: 2:42pm On Nov 30, 2016
durodee:
15 pieces of Used SMF 200amp batteries available for sale. Reason for disposal : unable to hold charge for long.

+23470

Uncle, you bad o!

Just sell it to Kiekie for 15k each!

You have some change for two new batteries!

Sorry.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 3:11pm On Nov 30, 2016
Heard monbat battery is very good.....long lifespan
durodee:

Which SMF battery has a better reputation among the readily available ones? I am about to change out my battery bank soon and I don't have the luxury of considering Trojan for many reasons.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 3:38pm On Nov 30, 2016
battleaxe:

Uncle, you bad o!

Sorry.

Lol, he is my Boss.. He just called me now . Thanks !
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by temizeee(m): 6:13pm On Nov 30, 2016
durodee:

+2347085268842
goodday sir i tried yr number on whatsapp but i didnt get response
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 8:14pm On Nov 30, 2016
battleaxe:

Uncle, you bad o!

Sorry.

grin grin grin Advice taken. Two batteries way tooooooo small for my need sha, imagine my dilemma at this recession time!

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 8:15pm On Nov 30, 2016
temizeee:
goodday sir i tried yr number on whatsapp but i didnt get response
Done now!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 8:25pm On Nov 30, 2016
DMerciful:
Heard monbat battery is very good.....long lifespan
Monbat? Never heard of them. Any further info chief?
Modified: I saw this pic online.Any idea of current price?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 9:33pm On Nov 30, 2016
durodee:

what about SLA ipowerplus batteries? I heard they are not top rated. any info on those

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 10:08am On Dec 01, 2016
I am even looking for it. my best friend that bought a used one from those telecom guys in warri is still using his after 7yrs shocked. when he told me i was baffled, i later asked another battery guy the best battery around, he mentioned monbat without myself telling him anything about my friend's own
durodee:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by hazelj: 2:33pm On Dec 01, 2016
Hello all,
I am putting up my whole solar power system up for sale. It was setup and installed by Richmon74.
The components are as follows:
4 255W Solarworld Mono panels
Morningstar MPPT 60Amp Charge controller
2 12v 160aH Fullriver Batteries virtually brand new (installed July 2016)
1 Sukam inverter 24v 1.4Kva
It comes with a stainless steel roof mount and battery rack.
Cables and connectors are bundled free of charge.

Total cost 470k if bought as a bundle.

This is an excellent deal as this setup will cost almost twice this to implement brand new.
Reason for selling is relocation.
Was not in the country for 2 months so the batteries have been floating since.

Would prefer to sell this as a unit.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 3:03pm On Dec 01, 2016
hazelj,

i thought you already sold out this setup or is this a new one?

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by hazelj: 4:37pm On Dec 01, 2016
Still available bro...
GeorgeD1:
hazelj,

i thought you already sold out this setup or is this a new one?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by hazelj: 4:38pm On Dec 01, 2016
Reach me on 08032005653
hazelj:
Hello all,
I am putting up my whole solar power system up for sale. It was setup and installed by Richmon74.

This is an excellent deal as this setup will cost almost twice this to implement brand new.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by garbamaza: 5:22pm On Dec 01, 2016
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JohnKester: 1:10am On Dec 02, 2016
hazelj:
Hello all,

What is your location? Pics of the items would be nice.

Cheers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 4:33am On Dec 02, 2016
garbamaza:
http://puregreenenergy.com.ng/puregreen/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/monbat-2.png
Follow this link for monbat battery in Nigeria

He does not have them in stock

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 4:47am On Dec 02, 2016
Bosunyomi:
Good day all, pls how much will it cost to install solar panel for 2units of 200amps battery with 1400va inverter? Considering installing it to cut fuel cost for generator

Call 08117398294, or email Info@monzpowersolutions.com
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 7:15pm On Dec 02, 2016
My home, Yachi & Perlight (mono ~ poly) solar panels are now in stock ... Prices coming up soon ! Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (1667) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Bgee77, Drgreatone, compunigeria, mahkanjuh, Decentlyproud(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.