Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2042892 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (1679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 3:48pm On Dec 23, 2016
Konnektions146:

I have them, if you still need,

I will have a member of the team call you. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 7:33pm On Dec 23, 2016
Thanks bro....happy to be among the renewable guys
Obimind1:

Congrats bro. I'm happy for u. U've always been my source of inspiration on this thread.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 7:40pm On Dec 23, 2016
So guys today I added the WiFi ebox(blue box with green light) to my itracer to enable me monitor or adjust parameters from my android phone up to 50m. See for urself cheesy cheesy.
Nb: completed the installation when the Sun was almost set hence the low harvest however this is lovely cheesy

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NairaBaba: 9:09pm On Dec 23, 2016
Dear Obimind1,DMerciful,chris81964, kiekie and all the gurus in the house,

My Epever Itracer 60amp was recently installed, about two weeks,the controller is always starting from boosting (Absorb) stage when charging. My battery bank (48 Volt) voltage is mostly between 49v - 51v in the morning before the sun rises.

The battery voltage is always below the boost voltage set point of 57.4 Volt. Yet It doesn't start from bulk charging but goes directly to boost charging.

Thanks,

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:55pm On Dec 23, 2016
NairaBaba:
Dear Obimind1,DMerciful,chris81964, kiekie and all the gurus in the house,

My Epever Itracer 60amp was recently installed, about two weeks,the controller is always starting from boosting (Absorb) stage when charging. My battery bank (48 Volt) voltage is mostly between 49v - 51v in the morning before the sun rises.

The battery voltage is always below the boost voltage set point of 57.4 Volt. Yet It doesn't start from bulk charging but goes directly to boost charging.

Thanks,

Pls that's not an I Tracer But E tracer ! If u toggled btw settings to "user defined" , mppt will strictly adhere to the user defined charging algorithm under max PV array input ! Cheers..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NairaBaba: 5:38am On Dec 24, 2016
kiekie1:

Pls that's not an I Tracer But E tracer ! If u toggled btw settings to "user defined" , mppt will strictly adhere to the user defined charging algorithm under max PV array input ! Cheers..

Oga kiekie thanks. It is actually Etracer not itracer
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 8:35am On Dec 24, 2016
DMerciful:
So guys today I added the WiFi ebox(blue box with green light) to my itracer to enable me monitor or adjust parameters from my android phone up to 50m. See for urself cheesy cheesy.
Nb: completed the installation when the Sun was almost set hence the low harvest however this is lovely cheesy

Koooool
I feel my set up is still in primary school dat wifi seem to be university level.
Am happy we are getting satisfaction from our investment in RE/AE
In fact Xmas without NEPA& gen noise is sweet.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pheleix: 9:21am On Dec 24, 2016
earthrealm:
some1 posted a link for the inverter fridge freezer and acs that consume less power and can b powered by i pass my nebo gen.
i think the make is lg, who can help me with the link again or where to buy such?
Gen cool, lg shops I guess
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 24, 2016
can I get a quality standalone 96V MPPT charge controller?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dicksonadams(m): 9:34am On Dec 24, 2016
Quick question guys, I noticed that my harvest has reduced.

My solar watt is 420watt but all I get is 140watt. Could this be due to bad weather? I have already clean the dust on the panel still same thing. Before I use to get up to 220watt around July August
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dezo(m): 10:45am On Dec 24, 2016
Hello there. Pls any installer around lekki area here? Thanks in advance
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 11:39am On Dec 24, 2016
dicksonadams:
Quick question guys, I noticed that my harvest has reduced.

My solar watt is 420watt but all I get is 140watt. Could this be due to bad weather? I have already clean the dust on the panel still same thing. Before I use to get up to 220watt around July August

Hazy weather/harmattan dust. Don't worry it is all over. Just cut down load on ur ba3 & u'll be ok
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 12:12pm On Dec 24, 2016
SCRAP BATTERIES .. We buy bad batteries at very good price .. 100a (#7000-#9000) , 200a (#15000-#18000) ... See contact number in profile / signature ... Call NOW !!!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by makawhy201: 12:18pm On Dec 24, 2016
To God be the glory, i joined the league of evergreen family, with the inspiration of the Great GeorgeD1 frm page 1 till date, the knowledge shared from all the gurus in the house. My sincere appreciation goes to d great of the great Dmerciful for his encouragement, advice and 100% support day and night from the day 1 of planning, procurement and execution of the project.

I managed to purchase 4pcs of 200w of sunshine panels, imported my itracer 60a, MT50, watt meter, circuit breaker, surge protector and desulfator one after the other as cash flows. i have existing 2kva bluegate inverter, 2pcs of 100ah batteries.

When i cudnt afford the cost of installer with customise roof rack and disappointment frm another cheaper installer, i summoned courage to DIY the solar installation, to God be the glory i successfully mount it on the roof myself with the support of my frnd electrician. I upload the pictures of my setup. Thanks u all.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 12:50pm On Dec 24, 2016
The Sun is towards the southern hemisphere now so due to the angle of inclination you're getting a cos¢P where ¢ is the angle of inclination and P is the panel total capacity. That's why commercial solar systems are mounted on single or dual axis trackers for max harvest.
efuro:

Hazy weather/harmattan dust. Don't worry it is all over. Just cut down load on ur ba3 & u'll be ok
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 12:52pm On Dec 24, 2016
Thanks for the kind words...funny enuf you encouraged me to buy the itracer cheesy. Kudos for taking up the challenge to DIY after the disappointment which I was well aware of and now you can start coaching others.The citizens are helping themselves and helping the planet stay green. Solar ti take over grin grin.
Thanks to all the gurus here...one big green family cheesy cheesy
makawhy201:
To God be the glory, i joined the league of evergreen family, with the inspiration of the Great GeorgeD1 frm page 1 till date, the knowledge shared from all the gurus in the house. My sincere appreciation goes to d great of the great Dmerciful for his encouragement, advice and 100% support day and night from the day 1 of planning, procurement and execution of the project.

I managed to purchase 4pcs of 200w of sunshine panels, imported my itracer 60a, MT50, watt meter, circuit breaker, surge protector and desulfator one after the other as cash flows. i have existing 2kva bluegate inverter, 2pcs of 100ah batteries.

When i cudnt afford the cost of installer with customise roof rack and disappointment frm another cheaper installer, i summoned courage to DIY the solar installation, to God be the glory i successfully mount it on the roof myself with the support of my frnd electrician. I upload the pictures of my setup. Thanks u all.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 1:40pm On Dec 24, 2016
makawhy201:

Welcome to 24hrs of electricity.
Am happy you took a leap of faith & defeated the bull by its horn!
Wishing you well

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 1:47pm On Dec 24, 2016
DMerciful:
The Sun is towards the southern hemisphere now so due to the angle of inclination you're getting a cos¢P where ¢ is the angle of inclination and P is the panel total capacity. That's why commercial solar systems are mounted on single or dual axis trackers for max harvest.

No wonder.
Am sure ur right some times I feel like motorizing it with jack pole/positioner to increase hrs of exposure.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dicksonadams(m): 3:22pm On Dec 24, 2016
efuro:

OK so it is normal shey? From 420 I am getting 12
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 3:40pm On Dec 24, 2016
dicksonadams:

OK so it is normal shey? From 420 I am getting 12

Dmerciful has made a valid point & I scientifically agree with him
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 4:48pm On Dec 24, 2016
Wanted to motorize mine but space limitation stopped me. I went to a solar exhibition in Cairo and saw this commercial tracker
efuro:

No wonder.
Am sure ur right some times I feel like motorizing it with jack pole/positioner to increase hrs of exposure.
Thanks.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 5:44pm On Dec 24, 2016
DMerciful:
Wanted to motorize mine but space limitation stopped me. I went to a solar exhibition in Cairo and saw this commercial tracker
Wow. Shebi nija no dey take last. Dis cairo pix simplified all I want.
Koooool men!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 8:02pm On Dec 24, 2016
pheleix:

Gen cool, lg shops I guess

yeah, later saw it in an LG shop, its a double door frost free fridge, 244k naira.
am looking for the freezer....they said its not available in freezer
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by foonshur(m): 9:32pm On Dec 24, 2016
Abeg bros dem, hw much be the TriStar Digital Meter-2?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 10:49pm On Dec 25, 2016
Merry Christmas to you and your family from my family and team members at AWPS Renewable Energy

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 10:10am On Dec 26, 2016
MERRY XMAS

FOR SALE
1. Wellsee charge controller C2430 12/24v 30amp
- NEW

2. Emel inverter 1,500va, 24v (used) for sale

call/whatsapp - 08033735359

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 4:07pm On Dec 26, 2016
Season's compliment to you all cheesy

For sale
1500VA 24V Mopower pure sine wave inverter. Inverter working perfectly, the reason for sale is upgrade done on my previous system. Price is very affordable. cheesy

Whatsapp me on 08035415969.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dejidotun2000(m): 4:12pm On Dec 26, 2016
earthrealm:
Dreamflyin no dey hear.
SOme1 has asked him his cable size and distance..he simply said its god blah blah blah.
NOw he goes off to acquire an mppt cc without eliminating all likely causes.

Dont think we shud bother trying to help u till u start showing some seriousness.
1. how many strings of panels do u have.
2. are u using a combiner box.
3. what size of cable are u using in mm or awg.
4. Whats the distance from panels to cc
5.whats the distance btw cc and batt bank.and what is ur cable size.
6. what is the make of ur panels.specifications..are they all the same make..hope u didnt mix poly n mono. 80w. 150w. 250w on same string etc

why not mono and poly in the same string or in parallel ?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 7:23pm On Dec 26, 2016
This inverter is sold cheesy cheesy cheesy
DMerciful:
Season's compliment to you all cheesy

For sale
1500VA 24V Mopower pure sine wave inverter. Inverter working perfectly, the reason for sale is upgrade done on my previous system. Price is very affordable. cheesy

Whatsapp me on 08035415969.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Monlo(m): 10:14pm On Dec 26, 2016
DMerciful:

Lolz,men dey vex ooooooooo

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 11:40am On Dec 27, 2016
zeestone99:
Just arrived Felicity Solar products.

DC freezer 200liters dc12v/ac 220v - 240k
Dc refrigerator 182liters(136litres fridge,46 litre freezer) - 250k
3.5kva inverter 24v( 35amps charging current) - 170k
5kva inverter 24v ( 45amps charging current) - 230k
5kva inverter 48v ( 30amps charging current) - 240k
7.5kva 48v (40amps chargin current) - 340k

1year warranty for Fridge nd freezer, 2 years warranty for inverters.
Office and service center available here in lagos. Hurry now while stock last.

Call us on 08117398294, or email Info@monzpowersolutions.com to order. Discount available for serious buyers.Thnks

Still in stock, order now, discounted price available for serious buyers.
Like and check out our installation pictures on http://facebook.com/monzpowersolutions

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by makawhy201: 11:46am On Dec 27, 2016
DMerciful:

so fast

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (1679) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Ithaca(f), Hexzagon, HeavenlyBang(m), Oshomo12(m), Parser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.