Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,169 members, 7,807,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:06 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2041115 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (1677) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JohnKester: 9:06am On Sep 12, 2017
efuro:

Sometimes buying PV modules are subjective decision.
We know fast buoys are capable of rebranding best brands.
If he want a reliable PV let him try shineshine solar module. He can thank me when he isolate & test them before incorporating it to upgrading during installation.

I had mixed feelings when I ordered for some( particularly when people believed it is of a lower quality) surprisingly, i had a huge leap in my production almost up to nominal PV ratings. I have since been harvested my returns immediately. I observed the design of each cells has been changed from previous design thay had.
With that experience, I have since received my fresh order, installed, enjoying my investment.

Depsite bad weather (as if the sun always draw clouds to cover its face) I consistently complete my 2hrs bsorption by 10.30-11am with my 3x4 setup. And always looking for what switch or put-on to keep my modules smiling.

I am not advertising sunshine modules. As DIY I will say the reverse if it is not true, after all it is my investment and my setup.

Harmonise the first bold with the second so we can understand better.

Cheers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 9:46am On Sep 12, 2017
JohnKester:

Cheers

oooh

I mean sunshine pv modules

thanks

I has been corrected !

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 12, 2017
Dam5reey:

He might be scared of lower price tags, They Dropped their prices of recent, Also they just introduced Mono panels,
The panel they used to have in stock about 2 years back are Poly..
The poly I bought from them are performing very well..
true, i bought recently 160 mono panel frm dir yingli opebi outlet,maximum amps on the sticker was 8.7A but was surprised to see 10+ amps on my charge controller on a sunny day. i just went back for anoda one o. thank God na 30amps solar charge controller i get. 160mono(12v) is 29k at dir outlet

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 12:04pm On Sep 12, 2017
As far as I am aware Yinglee does not sell for retail market except through approved installers.

Can the forum share contact details . I am looking for double sided panels since last two months ( the LG ones are 130 K each for 300 watt) and Solarworld seem to have vanished from market

Yingli also has Bifacil panels and is Global leader in twincell

I am looking for - http://www.yinglisolar.com/en/products/monocrystalline/panda-bifacial-60cl/

Quote from - http://www.eco-business.com/news/why-two-faced-solar-panels-are-a-bright-idea/"

Yingli’s bifacial modules, known as the TwinMax series, were launched last year, and are made using the company’s special technology, known as Panda cells. These use phosphorous, rather than boron, to treat the silicon so that it can conduct electricity by up to 10 per cent more efficiently than others."
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 12, 2017
pranil:
As far as I am aware Yinglee does not sell for retail market except through approved installers.

Can the forum share contact details . I am looking for double sided panels since last two months ( the LG ones are 130 K each for 300 watt) and Solarworld seem to have vanished from market

I am looking for - http://www.yinglisolar.com/en/products/monocrystalline/panda-bifacial-60cl/

Quote from - http://www.eco-business.com/news/why-two-faced-solar-panels-are-a-bright-idea/"

Yingli’s bifacial modules, known as the TwinMax series, were launched last year, and are made using the company’s special technology, known as Panda cells. These use phosphorous, rather than boron, to treat the silicon so that it can conduct electricity by up to 10 per cent more efficiently than others."

MR i bought from yingli office in opebi from one chinese man. they retail dir product der stop misleading people dat can only afford one panel at a time. original yingli products o, cheaper than d ones d scammer on dis forum sell at high prices n continue to spam d forum. imagine him giving account details for me to pay when we have not reach an agreement yet.just google yingli site n get dir opebi address on d site with dir fone number. http://www.yinglisolar.net/en/Contact.asp http://www.yinglisolar.com/en/about/contact/

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dejidotun2000(m): 2:14pm On Sep 12, 2017
They do sell retail. I have bought from their Opebi outlet and their Alaba outlet. I don't know if they have the particular model you want in stock.

Contact them via

Head Office: 58, Opebi Rd., Ikeja, Lagos
Tel: +234-809-231-9709 +234-809-231-9708
E-mail: nigeria@yingli.com
Alaba Branch:
BP7/8, G/F., Bonic Plaza, Opp. MTN Office, Ojo Rd.,
Alaba, Lagos Tel: +234-810-465-1242 +234-806-568-3487
pranil:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcci: 2:16pm On Sep 12, 2017
udy821:
MR i bought from yingli office in opebi from one chinese man. they retail dir product der stop misleading people dat can only afford one panel at a time. original yingli products o, cheaper than d ones d scammer on dis forum sell at high prices n continue to spam d forum. imagine him giving account details for me to pay when we have not reach an agreement yet.just google yingli site n get dir opebi address on d site with dir fone number. http://www.yinglisolar.net/en/Contact.asp

Between yinglisolar.com and yinglisolar.net which one do I regard as authentic?

Why should a company have two sites? One for the rest of the world and the other for Nigeria.

Can someone please assist?

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 12, 2017
mcci:

Between yinglisolar.com and yinglisolar.net which one do I regard as authentic?

Why should a company have two sites? One for the rest of the world and the other for Nigeria.

Can someone please assist?
yea i noticed dat too d 1st time(2yrs ago) when i bought dir solar power bank with 3watts solar panel for phone charging. till date i have had no issue with d device,dats y i decided to give dir 160watts panel a try for my sukam inverter n bat3
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 4:37pm On Sep 12, 2017
udy821:
true, i bought recently 160 mono panel frm dir yingli opebi outlet,maximum amps on the sticker was 8.7A but was surprised to see 10+ amps on my charge controller on a sunny day. i just went back for anoda one o. thank God na 30amps solar charge controller i get. 160mono(12v) is 29k at dir outlet

I got their price list too, Now Im convinced.. grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 9:13pm On Sep 12, 2017
I can attest to sunshine panels.....i use them and my harvest is quite impressive. why spend so much money on name? grin
JohnKester:

Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 9:16pm On Sep 12, 2017
mind expatiating where you saw 10A+? if it the PV side for a series string them thats super but if its the battery side or if the panels are parallelled then norin special grin
Dam5reey:

I got their price list too, Now Im convinced.. grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by anochuks08(m): 10:10am On Sep 13, 2017
anochuks08:
60A MPPT Ep Solar Charge controller is up for sale @90k. Call/Whatsapp : 07032801543
SA
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 13, 2017
DMerciful:
mind expatiating where you saw 10A+? if it the PV side for a series string them thats super but if its the battery side or if the panels are parallelled then norin special grin
my oga to b specific its was 10.4A on my charge controller using just one 160 mono panel (12v).my installer did a gud job by placing a plank under d panel to prevent radiation from roof.mind u dis happened on a real sunny day around 1-2pm

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by c0ogumo(m): 12:48pm On Sep 13, 2017
*********** SOLAR DEPOT ***********
Your One Stop Shop For Renewable Energy

New Arrival: Victron Energy Products

Visit our website www.solardepotng.com for more info
0803 260 2629

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 4:07pm On Sep 13, 2017
udy821:
my oga to b specific its was 10.4A on my charge controller using just one 160 mono panel (12v).my installer did a gud job by placing a plank under d panel to prevent radiation from roof.mind u dis happened on a real sunny day around 1-2pm

What oga DMerciful is trying to clarify from you are:
Is dat 10.4A an instantaneous PV input to CC or is it CC output, and
What type of CC are you using.

Take a look @ 160/10.4=15.9v for a 12v system
Since it is a good-sun-day, letz put PV performance/cabling to 90% . u have 13.8v or floating / tending to absorption where amperage is throttle down instead of 10.4A.

Please take a review of the PV & let's us know the result. In case I need to go after such PV before it's price jump-up.

Best regards

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 13, 2017
efuro:

What oga DMerciful is trying to clarify from you are:
Is dat 10.4A an instantaneous PV input to CC or is it CC output, and
What type of CC are you using.

Take a look @ 160/10.4=15.9v for a 12v system
Since it is a good-sun-day, letz put PV performance/cabling to 90% . u have 13.8v or floating / tending to absorption where amperage is throttle down instead of 10.4A.

Please take a review of the PV & let's us know the result. In case I need to go after such PV before it's price jump-up.

Best regards
ok using clamp meter instant pv was 10.9amps. while to d battery was 10.8amps but on d pwm cc it was showing 10.4amps. battery at dat moment wasnt close to 12.5volts .my load on d 12v battery is 130watts .32inch ledtv 55watts binatone stand fan dstv decoder. 10mm pv cable 9yards to charge controller
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 7:04pm On Sep 13, 2017
udy821:
ok using clamp meter instant pv was 10.9amps. while to d battery was 10.8amps but on d pwm cc it was showing 10.4amps. battery at dat moment wasnt close to 12.5volts .my load on d 12v battery is 130watts .32inch ledtv 55watts binatone stand fan dstv decoder. 10mm pv cable 9yards to charge controller

That all he want to see, PWM controllers tends to perform well if you are using lower set up like yours.
PWM harvest more AMP than MPPT, MPPT only track Maximum Point which is higher volts at lower AMP.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 7:55pm On Sep 13, 2017
Dam5reey:

That all he want to see, PWM controllers tends to perform well if you are using lower set up like yours.
PWM harvest more AMP than MPPT, MPPT only track Maximum Point which is higher volts at lower AMP.

Sure of the bolded?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 8:23pm On Sep 13, 2017
mank1234:

Sure of the bolded?

Yeah check the MPPT, V Vs I curve..

I'm referring to Amp at the PV input not output..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obascoetubi: 6:36am On Sep 14, 2017
kiekie1:
Solar accessories ;
DC breakers MNSPD Pro roof mounts Battery rack Digital Timer switch Digital Watts meter Solar fire resistant cables
UNI-T digital DC clamp meter DC disconnect kit Solar panels Inter battery connectors cables, bus bars Power inverters Digital inclinometer Compass tools
See mobile number details in profile - signature !
what is the different between magnum vs sukamm inverter?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 1:29pm On Sep 14, 2017
udy821:

What is max power current Imp of the panel?..do you remember? - it appears its producing MORE than its rated for.
how old have you been using it?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 14, 2017
earthrealm:

What is max power current Imp of the panel?..do you remember? - it appears its producing MORE than its rated for.
max Imp is 8.7A. Max volt 18.4v panel wattage 160w .u are right dats y i had to buy 150watts mono panel max volt 18.8v. to parallel the 160mono(one month plus both panels) .dis afternoon i got 19.5amps(on both panels 160+150watts) which i snapped on my fone but finding hard to upload it.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 14, 2017
earthrealm:

pardon my poor pix.fone camera is misbehaving

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 14, 2017
just dis afternoon d 1st is 19.5amps. 19.5/2 =9.75amps(against d 8.7amps name plate of d 160watts panel) each of 160+150 mono panel(12v)

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 5:05pm On Sep 14, 2017
udy821:
just dis afternoon d 1st is 19.5amps. 19.5/2 =9.75amps(against d 8.7amps name plate of d 160watts panel) each of 160+150 mono panel(12v)

Cheap/Affordable & high Quality PV modules.
We are getting somewhere in Nigeria.

We must encourage such dealers.

You have given me best news for the week
!

smiley wink

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nancy4321: 5:24pm On Sep 14, 2017
Limited stock of 325W Made in America ( mission solar) Monocrystalline solar panels available for pick up call me on 08187118479

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 9:38pm On Sep 14, 2017
efuro:

Sometimes buying PV modules are subjective decision.
We know fast buoys are capable of rebranding best brands.
If he want a reliable PV let him try sunshine solar module. He can thank me when he isolate & test them before incorporating it to upgrading during installation.

I had mixed feelings when I ordered for some( particularly when people believed it is of a lower quality) surprisingly, i had a huge leap in my production almost up to nominal PV ratings. I have since been harvesting my returns immediately. I observed the design of each cells has been changed from previous design thay had.
With that experience, I have since received my fresh order, installed, enjoying my investment.

Depsite bad weather (as if the sun always draw clouds to cover its face) I consistently complete my 2hrs bsorption by 10.30-11am with my 3x4 setup. And always looking for what switch or put-on to keep my modules smiling.

I am not advertising sunshine modules. As DIY I will say the reverse if it is not true, after all it is my investment and my setup.
Your setup is similar to mine. Do you have battery being drained by the panels problems.in my setup during cloudy day or towards the evening the panels drain the batteries. I read somewhere the More u series the more this issue crops up. Anybody with a solution would. Appreciate. Panels are configured 3x4 . Mppt charge. Controller 60a.inverter 48v 200ah..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 10:58pm On Sep 14, 2017
samnaija:

Your setup is similar to mine. Do you have battery being drained by the panels problems.in my setup during cloudy day or towards the evening the panels drain the batteries. I read somewhere the More u series the more this issue crops up. Anybody with a solution would. Appreciate. Panels are configured 3x4 . Mppt charge. Controller 60a.inverter 48v 200ah..

My setup is 12 pieces of 150w (6 poly, 6 mono) and battery bank of 7200WH@ 24v, plus 2kva microtek inverter, 60A fangpusun mppt. 50A PV/CC breaker, No Mnspd, No router, contactor or automation, etc. Just a simple setup to ensure 24hrs electricity.

However, I do not have PV feedback or at least my CC takes care of that. It rare nowadays to have that problem you described. Most PV have blocking diode at their terminal box. Also, standard CC prevent such scenario. And if that occurs please audit ur setup.

1. Run some test to Confirm if ur batteries are not the culprit, this include leaving ur pv breaker open while discharging ur bank.

2. Did u do + or - ive grounding to ur setup? If no, insulate ur cables with PVC pipe right from the rooftop-combiner-cc and battery etc. If u don't have funds then just trace ur cable carefully for possible leakages. ( option 2 is only where ur CC is not standard or locally built)

My advice
Calculate ur max pv voc and get a rated diode soldered along the cable just after combiner box (if u have) or before ur CC breaker and you will be fine.

http://www.solar-facts.com/panels/panel-diodes.php

Let us know how you're are able to resolve the issue.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 11:01pm On Sep 14, 2017
samnaija:

shocked panel drain battery, abeg check the controller, even cheap pwm controller do disconnects Panel once the Voltage drops below certain voltage and no Amp is coming in from Panels..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by elegungun: 6:43am On Sep 15, 2017
Good morning house, please I urgently need solar installer who can work in Osun state.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 7:58am On Sep 15, 2017
Nancy4321:
Limited stock of 325W Made in America ( mission solar) Monocrystalline solar panels available for pick up call me on 08187118479
There way things are done around here, you state your price in the open for all to see.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nancy4321: 8:30am On Sep 15, 2017
sorry im new here N60,000
bigrovar:

There way things are done around here, you state your price in the open for all to see.

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (1677) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Oshomo12(m), orkman(m), TechGeek777, dbshaywhy(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.