Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,272 members, 7,780,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:31 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (1989960 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (1633) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 7:31am On Jan 23, 2018
DUNKA:
just noted this as I do not know of what discount is being offered by JUO for Brand new mercury 12v battery for 130k

See Frankie' s prices for brand new prices Batteries below

USA trojan battery 12v 200a (J200RE) -N130,000.

If you are for AGM SMF batteries :
-kung Long battery 12v 200a N115,000
-Mercury 12v 200a N98,000

Note: USA trojan sealed agm 6v L16 batteries is now in stock ....... N145,000

Mind you the prices are negotiable (yes Frankie they are grin) so unless I am missing something...... grin

Lol Good morning Sir Dunka, it basically depends on the client & quantity needed as you know the basic laws of demand & supply, qty effects more discount % .. Its well !

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 7:37am On Jan 23, 2018
HURRY ! LIMITED STOCK !!!

Trojan L16 SEALED AGM 6v 315a USA batteries.
-Produced last year"few months ago".
-Individual Battery volts all reading between 6.28-6.30vdc factory charged

HOT SALES 142,000

Smartcell global services
081-350-31951

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viperVIP: 7:41am On Jan 23, 2018
DUNKA:
just noted this as I do not know of what discount is being offered by JUO for Brand new mercury 12v battery for 130k

See Frankie' s prices for brand new prices Batteries below

USA trojan battery 12v 200a (J200RE) -N130,000.

If you are for AGM SMF batteries :
-kung Long battery 12v 200a N115,000
-Mercury 12v 200a N98,000

Note: USA trojan sealed agm 6v L16 batteries is now in stock ....... N145,000

Mind you the prices are negotiable (yes Frankie they are grin) so unless I am missing something...... grin

LOL Mercury 12v 200ah in my part of the world cost #100,000. So 2 = 200,000 and he will be taking responsibility for #70,000 while I remit #130,000 to him.

I can assure you well enough that he is intentionally keeping quiet on the matter and that will be a slap on the face of this forum if he gets away with this.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viperVIP: 7:43am On Jan 23, 2018
kiekie1:

Good morning, am just viewing this message . Mr Niyi aka Teraman my man smiley ... Take it easy, although I see few sellers reluctantly giving "6 months warranty" on a used battery they do not even know the history of usage etc .. Its unrealistic to me as it's a game of luck. As one of my good client"Dunka" said above , "I believe Juo is already working on the stated issue above" ! Cheer's

LOL wink
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by makavele: 8:54am On Jan 23, 2018
Let me manage this corner and observe shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 9:48am On Jan 23, 2018
sinistrian:
@chris81964 @NiyiOmoIyunade and @makavele Is it strange to get 20A max from a 2x2 arrangement of 300W panels? That's the highest current i've seen today @ around 12:30pm and my batteries were about 57%, even after washing the dust off the panels daily. The panels are ground mounted (i didn't have any other option, landlord issues) and the Charge controller is a Fangpusun MPPT 100|50.
The angle at which sun hits the panels can affect how much you see in production. We experimented with angles in our office and the result was nothing short of amazing. Silly question are you 24 / 48 Volts?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 9:51am On Jan 23, 2018
Boss good morning. I noticed the roof mount is bolted at the valley of the roofing sheet. Won't it cause leakage after sometime when the washer is worn out or if not fixed properly?

kiekie1:
The mounting rails are the core of the system. For each row of panels, a pair of rails is mounted horizontally on the roof and supported by roof hooks at no more than 1.2m intervals. The panels are then laid on the rails and clamped in place with the end and mid clamps.
These rails measure 4200mm or customized
For longer rows, simply join lengths of rail using the Splice Kit. Rails can be cut to your demanding length with a hacksaw or grinder.
System features and specifications:

Characteristics;
Suitable for: pitched and flat roofs

Cladding type: tiled, slated or sheet metal roof mounts also

Maximum slope: 60 degrees

Maximum building height: 20m

Wind Load: up to 60m/s

Snow Load: up to 1.4KN/2

Module width: any

Module thickness: up to 46mm

Material: aluminium

Color: clear anodized or colour anodized

Warranty: 10 years durability on material

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:06am On Jan 23, 2018
mank1234:
Boss good morning. I noticed the roof mount is bolted at the valley of the roofing sheet. Won't it cause leakage after sometime when the washer is worn out or if not fixed properly?

Nope, not at all .. Its highly reliable ! Your observation is inconclusive as you didn't see the solid fastening screws used on the L foot base. The screws bore deep into the roof 2×2 wood and stays rock solid .. It comes with a flat rubber underneath the Lfoot but we use a silicon gum for benefit of doubt & we have never gotten any complaints about leakage . See attached pic of L-Foot screw below.. Cheer's

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 11:31am On Jan 23, 2018
kiekie1:

Nope, not at all .. Its highly reliable ! Your observation is inconclusive as you didn't see the solid fastening screws used on the L foot base. The screws bore deep into the roof 2×2 wood and stays rock solid .. It comes with a flat rubber underneath the Lfoot but we use a silicon gum for benefit of doubt & we have never gotten any complaints about leakage . See attached pic of L-Foot screw below.. Cheer's

Thanks for the clarification.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sinistrian(m): 11:36am On Jan 23, 2018
chris81964:

The angle at which sun hits the panels can affect how much you see in production. We experimented with angles in our office and the result was nothing short of amazing. Silly question are you 24 / 48 Volts?
24 volts
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 12:28pm On Jan 23, 2018
sinistrian:

24 volts
You are seeing 480 to 500 watts out of 1200. Not bad for the time of year and considering your tilt.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 2:27pm On Jan 23, 2018
In as much as there was guarantee which should be honoured, kindly check if the inverter is charging correctly
cos it did last initially 9hours. I am sure Juo will resolve this in a way that is fair and ensure the integrity of this forum is maintained.
viperVIP:
Good day everyone.

Please I need your intervention concerning a purchase from JUO. I have transacted with him few times successfully until recently that he stopped picking my calls while we still have a transaction not concluded yet to my detriment.

I bought 2 units (12v 190ah) of used batteries from him barely 4 months @ 80k each for a client on 1 Sept, 2017, I planned buying new but he was able to convince me that these batteries are better than the new ones I wanted to buy, so I opt in for his option and he promise me a guarantee of 6 months if client discharge 50% only. I paid him and he supplied the batteries to me, few days after installation we were chatting and he asked if he has a solar system installed and I said NO... he said that's bad o, he barely gives people warranty with no solar and I told him this client lives in an estate with about 20-24hours power supply daily, he's only trying to make sure he covers up his 24hours power supply always, that's why he's getting it and there won't be a problem concerning charging of the battery but I will persuade him to do solar, that's all.

I can't force money out of the client's pocket likewise you didn't base your warranty on a condition before you sold it to me, it was after you sold it you were talking that condition... and that's not a goal to me, even batteries perform well without a solar system, so not a solid criteria.

About 2 weeks ago, the client called me that some liquid came out of the battery terminals the previous night and he's been observing for about 4 days that battery barely last 30minutes from the previous 9 hours it's used to. I went there 2 Sundays ago to inspect the batteries and the terminals are dried, i didn't see any vivid traces of water and I met battery fully charged, so i disconnected the grid supply to see how long the battery will last and behold, less than 20 minutes it started alarming and 3 minutes after, inverter went off.

I informed JUO and he said he can't be responsible for total refund (even tho that's not conditionally stated in his warranty, what he told me then was he will replace if battery is default) and now he said he can only give a discount on another purchase.

Client said he's never going to buy used again... Poor experience for me as well.

His discount was client is to pay #130,000 for 2 brand new Mercury 12v batteries. Client insisted on #100k because he can't lose such money within that short period. And I had to come in just to protect my integrity, I agreed to pay #30k from my wallet.

Client called me yesterday that he's ready for the purchase. And I informed JUO and since then he has refused to answer my calls, nor reply my text and whatsapp.

So I am begging everyone to implore him to fix this transaction even though I will never have to deal with him ever again. And I am not "mr. dangote" to bear a burden of #100k.

We transact with each other on here most times based on trust, we never meet each other and I do believe everyone has a name to protect, so kindly implore him to do the right thing as agreed... This JUO is a man I have input my words for on this forum for a good services & delivery rendered, so I never expect him to show this ugly side of his to me.

Kindly help everyone pls!

Teraman
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 4:24pm On Jan 23, 2018
Oga Chris. Good day to you.

What angles for solar panel mounting have you found to yield the best results?

I am about to experiment with an unconventional arrangement of a small solar array in my family home and I would very much like to squeeze maximum juice from the array.

chris81964:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by surrogatesng: 5:04pm On Jan 23, 2018
Brand new 3000w 12v pure sinwave inverter wanted.If you have kindlywhatsapp 07067866986
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viperVIP: 6:05pm On Jan 23, 2018
DMerciful:
In as much as there was guarantee which should be honoured, kindly check if the inverter is charging correctly
cos it did last initially 9hours. I am sure Juo will resolve this in a way that is fair and ensure the integrity of this forum is maintained.

Ok thank you.
I will bring the inverter to my home system to check the charging. Why JUO is silent on this matter is what I still don't understand.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ijeoma660(f): 8:03pm On Jan 23, 2018
NiyiOmoIyunade:

I am about to experiment with an unconventional arrangement of a small solar array in my family home and I would very much like to squeeze maximum juice from the array.

You can determine your optimal pv panel axial position here through the year:

http://solarelectricityhandbook.com/solar-angle-calculator.html

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 12:59am On Jan 24, 2018
makavele:

Are you sure that CC is an MPPT type ?
By my calculations, it is stepping down the voltage to battery level ( and multiplying by charging amperes) to give Power..
Without upping the charging current using the extra voltage . . . Maybe I didn't check it well, will do again . . .

Not bad at all, but in the end, how did you string the panels?

By 7 A.M, I am already seeing circa 150 Watts, though on a larger array !!

North-facing PV array?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by makavele: 1:12am On Jan 24, 2018
Saipro:

North-facing PV array?

Magnetic south; about 65 feet elevation !
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dezo(m): 11:34am On Jan 24, 2018
Hello y'all.
Two units of brand new fangpusun 80a flexmax still in carton for sale. Bought them for myself but later decided against using them.
Price. 140k each.
Location. Lekki phase 1
Thanks in advance.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 12:27pm On Jan 24, 2018
makavele:

Would a picture be too much to ask for?

And by 65 feet elevation, you mean distance off the ground, right?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by makavele: 1:06pm On Jan 24, 2018
Saipro:

Yes distance off the ground, Will try and get a pic
as soon as time permits

or zeestone, u get pics ?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 1:25pm On Jan 24, 2018
This area is one where I will benefit from some education.

I always mount panels facing due South and as close to flat as possible roof pitch pernitting. I do West facing panels where there is no space to mount South.

It seems folks on here are getting good results fron North and East facings panels - can someone please explain the logic and why it works? Is it better than the conventional South facing mount?

makavele:

Saipro:

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by 1Segzy: 2:25pm On Jan 24, 2018
kiekie1:
HURRY ! LIMITED STOCK !!!

Trojan L16 SEALED AGM 6v 315a USA batteries.
-Produced last year"few months ago".
-Individual Battery volts all reading between 6.28-6.30vdc factory charged

HOT SALES 142,000

Smartcell global services
081-350-31951

@ Frank.
Thanks for the prompt supply and delivery of the items I got from you without even meeting you for once. Yeah. The supplied Trojan L16 batteries, solar panels and all the other items looks top quality.

@ All
I have been a silent follower for several months. Many thanks to all those who are contributing regularly to this thread. You never realise how much you are touching people's lives with your contributions. Thanks a lot.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 4:13pm On Jan 24, 2018
NiyiOmoIyunade:
This area is one where I will benefit from some education.

I always mount panels facing due South and as close to flat as possible roof pitch pernitting. I do West facing panels where there is no space to mount South.

It seems folks on here are getting good results fron North and East facings panels - can someone please explain the logic and why it works? Is it better than the conventional South facing mount?

East facing panel is good for early morning Sun to about 1 pm. West facing is good from about 12noon till the Sun goes to rest.
North facing will only be good during May June July, when the Sun is tilted towards the North.
On the average South facing is preferred all year round (good during the equinox{Feb, March and April, Augst, Sept and Oct and Nov, Dec and Jan; when the Sun is tilted towards south} and throughout the day. Hope this help a little.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 8:48pm On Jan 24, 2018
NiyiOmoIyunade:

Good evening. I will ask our interns what results they got. My panels are pretty flat. We have lower yields this time of the year. The ideal I was told is 20 to 30 degrees. I have yet to put that to the test. We are adding additional PV. Our inverter allows two separate strings up 1800 per string we will tilt one and post our conclusions once we conduct the tests
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 9:37pm On Jan 24, 2018
Many thanks Sir.

This is the clearest explanation I have gotten so far.

And you tieing each orientation to the time of day and month of the year was just beautiful.

Oshomo12:

East facing panel is good for early morning Sun to about 1 pm. West facing is good from about 12noon till the Sun goes to rest.
North facing will only be good during May June July, when the Sun is tilted towards the North.
On the average South facing is preferred all year round (good during the equinox{Feb, March and April, Augst, Sept and Oct and Nov, Dec and Jan; when the Sun is tilted towards south} and throughout the day. Hope this help a little.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viperVIP: 10:00pm On Jan 24, 2018
viperVIP:
Good day everyone.

Please I need your intervention concerning a purchase from JUO. I have transacted with him few times successfully until recently that he stopped picking my calls while we still have a transaction not concluded yet to my detriment.

I bought 2 units (12v 190ah) of used batteries from him barely 4 months @ 80k each for a client on 1 Sept, 2017, I planned buying new but he was able to convince me that these batteries are better than the new ones I wanted to buy, so I opt in for his option and he promise me a guarantee of 6 months if client discharge 50% only. I paid him and he supplied the batteries to me, few days after installation we were chatting and he asked if he has a solar system installed and I said NO... he said that's bad o, he barely gives people warranty with no solar and I told him this client lives in an estate with about 20-24hours power supply daily, he's only trying to make sure he covers up his 24hours power supply always, that's why he's getting it and there won't be a problem concerning charging of the battery but I will persuade him to do solar, that's all.

I can't force money out of the client's pocket likewise you didn't base your warranty on a condition before you sold it to me, it was after you sold it you were talking that condition... and that's not a goal to me, even batteries perform well without a solar system, so not a solid criteria.

About 2 weeks ago, the client called me that some liquid came out of the battery terminals the previous night and he's been observing for about 4 days that battery barely last 30minutes from the previous 9 hours it's used to. I went there 2 Sundays ago to inspect the batteries and the terminals are dried, i didn't see any vivid traces of water and I met battery fully charged, so i disconnected the grid supply to see how long the battery will last and behold, less than 20 minutes it started alarming and 3 minutes after, inverter went off.

I informed JUO and he said he can't be responsible for total refund (even tho that's not conditionally stated in his warranty, what he told me then was he will replace if battery is default) and now he said he can only give a discount on another purchase.

Client said he's never going to buy used again... Poor experience for me as well.

His discount was client is to pay #130,000 for 2 brand new Mercury 12v batteries. Client insisted on #100k because he can't lose such money within that short period. And I had to come in just to protect my integrity, I agreed to pay #30k from my wallet.

Client called me yesterday that he's ready for the purchase. And I informed JUO and since then he has refused to answer my calls, nor reply my text and whatsapp.

So I am begging everyone to implore him to fix this transaction even though I will never have to deal with him ever again. And I am not "mr. dangote" to bear a burden of #100k.

We transact with each other on here most times based on trust, we never meet each other and I do believe everyone has a name to protect, so kindly implore him to do the right thing as agreed... This JUO is a man I have input my words for on this forum for a good services & delivery rendered, so I never expect him to show this ugly side of his to me.

Kindly help everyone pls!

Teraman

if JUO thinks time will heal this, I bet not because I am very sure he's seeing all this.

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 11:12pm On Jan 24, 2018
For us in the equatorial region(6• towards north actually), 6• facing south is recommended or almost flat. Flat would have been better however u need the natural washing angle of rain water to ensure the panels are cleaned during rain fall. Note that the sun moves from the tropics of Capricorn to the tropics of cancer on a 6months basis so ur harvest facing one direction will be affected grossly by this movement therefore u must balance it out when installing.
NiyiOmoIyunade:
This qarea is one where I will benefit from some education.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 9:21am On Jan 25, 2018
DMerciful:
For us in the equatorial region(6• towards north actually), 6• facing south is recommended or almost flat. Flat would have been better however u need the natural washing angle of rain water to ensure the panels are cleaned during rain fall. Note that the sun moves from the tropics of Capricorn to the tropics of cancer on a 6months basis so ur harvest facing one direction will be affected grossly by this movement therefore u must balance it out when installing.

You are right. Wanna add a few refinements from data in the field.

Flat works best in the tropics indeed. You'll soon find dust and water pooling an issue to regularly contend with. With regards to that, even a 5o slant is better than laying them flat.

Next to that, a slight South. I think I set mine to 8o.

From experience in SouthWestern Nigeria, next to that, slight East (you'd amazed at how much energy harvest you can get before the sun is overhead at midday, by which time South rules (unless directly overhead). If in doubt, go out at midday on any given day of the year and check using shadows.

When pressed for space, North comes up next.

Panels facing due West should be considered for either extra harvest or last resort when there is nowhere else to place the array.

Always remember, Nigeria is a huge country. The rules in Lagos do not apply the same way in Takum, Yola nor Maiduguri. This is from experience, not reading of some chart off some book or the Web.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:36am On Jan 25, 2018
Saipro:

You are right. Wanna add a few refinements from data in the field.

Flat works best in the tropics indeed. You'll soon find dust and water pooling an issue to regularly contend with. With regards to that, even a 5o slant is better than laying them flat.

Next to that, a slight South. I think I set mine to 8o.

From experience in SouthWestern Nigeria, next to that, slight East (you'd amazed at how much energy harvest you can get before the sun is overhead at midday, by which time South rules (unless directly overhead). If in doubt, go out at midday on any given day of the year and check using shadows.

When pressed for space, North comes up next.

Panels facing due East should be considered for either extra harvest or last resort when there is nowhere else to place the array.

Always remember, Nigeria is a huge country. The rules in Lagos do not apply the same way in Takum, Yola nor Maiduguri. This is from experience, not reading of some chart off some book or the Web.

My Oga has spoken smiley .. Please I also have INCLINOMETER for sale to ensure accurate readings whilst installing your PV array instead of doing guess work with manual protractors on a steep roof cheesy .. The digital inclinometer is so easy to use as you just place on top of your solar panel and tilt to desired position before locking your adjustable tilt legs or improvised angle bars ! Cheer's
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:43am On Jan 25, 2018
1Segzy:

@ Frank.
Thanks for the prompt supply and delivery of the items I got from you without even meeting you for once. Yeah. The supplied Trojan L16 batteries, solar panels and all the other items looks top quality.

@ All
I have been a silent follower for several months. Many thanks to all those who are contributing regularly to this thread. You never realise how much you are touching people's lives with your contributions. Thanks a lot.

Thanks for the remarks Sir .. I am highly grateful and will keep maintaining good character in this prestigious forum .. You can always call on us anytime and we will be at your service ! Thanks once again & remain blessed .

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 9:56am On Jan 25, 2018
DMerciful:

viperVIP:

if JUO thinks time will heal this, I bet not because I am very sure he's seeing all this.

Painful as it is, am sure James is working out something for you. Maybe he has his funds tied up in importation or hanging outside, give him time. He is not that kind of a beast to leave you dry! At least the little I know of him.

By the way, take oga dmerciful point seriously. Your are an old facing here, check the inverter setting for battery type. Your ruined ba3 discription matches gel. And gel don't take nonsense esle your client may ruined another set of new batteries wether from JUO or not.

Just my piece.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (1633) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: adibo(m), demandtruth and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.