Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,481 members, 7,808,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2042820 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (1678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 5:53pm On Feb 09, 2018
sinistrian:

Thanks Niyi. I saw it while googling, but unfortunately i have no means of shipping it down here.

Use shoptomydoor.com

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 7:23pm On Feb 09, 2018
Which do you want? I ship very regularly so I may be able to help.

You may message me directly per details on my signature.

sinistrian:

Thanks Niyi. I saw it while googling, but unfortunately i have no means of shipping it down here.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 10:37am On Feb 10, 2018
This weather is just too cloudy these days. Low harvest

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by blazeup(m): 12:04pm On Feb 10, 2018
cry
makavele:
More pics coming, stay tuned

Meanwhile, I had added more panels on the roof;but don't have a picture this time of them.
Interesting.. please how many more panels did you add.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by makavele: 12:23pm On Feb 10, 2018
blazeup:
cry
Interesting.. please how many more panels did you add.

^^^^ Answer up there !!! ^^^^

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 3:13pm On Feb 10, 2018
I think I spoke to soon. Sunday has been rain and clouds all through and it appears the sun has fled under the barrage. My instantaneous yield is a miserly 10watts.

Chei Oga DMerciful! I take my words back please. I won't do it again. embarassed

DMerciful:
This weather is just too cloudy these days. Low harvest

NiyiOmoIyunade:
It's not so bad here at my end bros. On thursday I did 23kwh harvest and yesterday Friday I did about 13kwh - all this from a 6.3kw array spread across two CCs.

Saturday was mixed results because it has been mostly sunny with intermittent cloud cover - 14kwh yield

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sireboy(m): 7:10pm On Feb 10, 2018
GeorgeD1:
konami001,
naija is a big country and there are many accredited dealers of reliable brands of inverters.
I produce inverters at home that can work online and with solar panels.....
They can get to you anywhere in naija

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viperVIP: 11:05pm On Feb 10, 2018
dezo:
Hello y'all, used yingli 300w poly for sale
35k each.
Thanks

Location pls? How many available?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dezo(m): 8:29am On Feb 11, 2018
viperVIP:

Location pls? How many available?

Lekki phase 1.
8 available.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by garbamaza: 10:34am On Feb 11, 2018
I want 4 pieces
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dezo(m): 12:19pm On Feb 11, 2018
garbamaza:
I want 4 pieces

07065316182. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DaniellaDokubo(f): 4:51pm On Feb 11, 2018
Nice one friends.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ijeoma660(f): 4:58pm On Feb 11, 2018
Its so funny after the first rain on Friday, I was fiddling with my panel voltage points and noticed one of them reading 10volts. I was really worried if one of it is already degrading.

Fast forward to Sunday morning. I was peeping at my construction from upstairs. [my panels are low lying and are accessible without climbing any support] Low and behold, the first rain of the year had built a thick sludge around a section of the panel, giving it a serious voltage drop.

From test and experience a liitle shading of very insignificant parts of the panel can cause a great drop in yield. As I was warming up to connect a hose to send away the 'mole' munching at my solar yield, then came the heavy downpour.

Sorry fellow enthusiasts as y'all were crying over poor yield I was seeing a natural washer-man coming along to wipe clean my peevees.

JUST IN
- Everyone in the house now is gradually appreciating the beauty of free energy especially ladies. They are all asking questions bothering on knowledge transfer. I am feeling so good, they are all learning fast!

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 6:02pm On Feb 11, 2018
Ijeoma660:
Its so funny after the first rain on Friday, I was fiddling with my panel voltage points and noticed one of them reading 10volts. I was really worried if one of it is already degrading.

Fast forward to Sunday morning. I was peeping at my construction from upstairs. [my panels are low lying and are accessible without climbing any support] Low and behold, the first rain of the year had built a thick sludge around a section of the panel, giving it a serious voltage drop.

From test and experience a liitle shading of very insignificant parts of the panel can cause a great drop in yield. As I was warming up to connect a hose to send away the 'mole' munching at my solar yield, then came the heavy downpour.

Sorry fellow enthusiasts as y'all were crying over poor yield I was seeing a natural washer-man coming along to wipe clean my peevees.

JUST IN
- Everyone in the house now is gradually appreciating the beauty of free energy especially ladies. They are all asking questions bothering on knowledge transfer. I am feeling so good, they are all learning fast!

Yes , you are right . Although my panels aren't directly flat & dust dnt really cluster to that extent , rain is indeed a "natural cleaner" most especially when sunlight comes after rainfall wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 7:18pm On Feb 11, 2018
Ijeoma660:

JUST IN

hoping the only thing that is transferred is solar knowledge.. grin grin cheesy cool

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 8:29pm On Feb 11, 2018
What a wonderful world!

Ijeoma660:

JUST IN
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:16pm On Feb 11, 2018
kiekie1:
Trojan IND17-6V Industrial Line Flooded Battery (6V 1202Ah)

Availability: In stock
PRICE: ₦485,000.00

Quick Overview;

Model: L16RE-B with Bayonet Cap

Battery: Flooded Lead-Acid Battery
Capacity: 6V 1202Ah / 100Hr Rate

Cyclic Use: 30% DOD - 4000 cycles
Cyclic Use: 50% DOD - 2800 cycles
Cyclic Use: 80% DOD - 1500 cycles

Dimensions (LxBxH):691mm x 264mm x 603mm

Terminal Height: 44

Weight: 188kg

Absorption charge : 2.35-2.45V, Float charge: 2.20V, Equalize charge: 2.58V

Color: Maroon (case/cover)
Material: Polypropylene

Smartcell global services
081-350-31951

Still in stock -

Trojan SAGM 06 315 (Solar AGM Battery 6V 315Ah)

Availability: In stock

PRICE: ₦142,000.00

Quick Overview
Model: SAGM 06 315
Battery: AGM VRLA Maintenance Free
Capacity: 6V 315Ah / 20Hr Rate

Cyclic Use: 30% DOD - 3250 cycles
Cyclic Use: 50% DOD - 1750 cycles

Dimensions (LxBxH): 296mm x 176mm x 347mm

Terminal Height: 385mm

Weight: 43kg

Absorbtion Charge: 14.40V, Float charge: 13.5V

Color: Maroon (case/cover)

Material: Polypropylene

1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bode4real(m): 10:18pm On Feb 11, 2018
@Zino, zeestone

a very big thank u, for d ibadan job, kudos to ur team, I really appreciate u wit d quality job and standard equipment used.
u ar more dan a buss man, for u to go extra mile to branch my house and clean my panels, despite not at home.
thx thx thx

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:18pm On Feb 11, 2018
kiekie1:
HURRY !!!

Solarworld SW 325w XL mono panel
"Made in Germany"

Price: N95,000

Quantity: "Brand new *9 pcs* in stock"

081-350-31951

Limited stock !
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:24pm On Feb 11, 2018
Wishing all forumites a fruitful week ahead .. More money - More business calls smiley >> AMEN !

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 3:46am On Feb 12, 2018
so who knows where i can get this dual panel connectors...or what do you guys use to parallel your series d panels.
2ndly am also looking for mc 4 connectors.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by c0ogumo(m): 3:51am On Feb 12, 2018
Contact Solar Depot: 0803-260-2629

https://www.solardepotng.com/cables-wire-tools

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 6:23am On Feb 12, 2018
earthrealm:
so who knows where i can get this dual panel connectors...or what do you guys use to parallel your series d panels.
2ndly am also looking for mc 4 connectors.

Ask Frankie I bought some from him recently.
Or solar Depot as suggested by big oga himself.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by nisol: 3:26pm On Feb 12, 2018
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by princely009: 4:04pm On Feb 12, 2018
Hello house, pls i need the techies in the house to help a brother out so dat i can invest wisely in harnessing solar power. I want to power my gaming shop which also include a barbing saloon and and a betting biz(bet9ja) with solar and inverter.

Below is a breakdown of my total load and their power consumption.
22 "led tv--->30wx3=90w
32" led tv--->50wx4=200w
26" tv--->47w
Playstation 4--->150w
Playstation 3--->100wx2=200w
Playstation 2--->35wx3=105w
18"ox fan--->128w
26"ox fan--->150w
Hair clippers---> 15wx3=45w
LED lights--->15wx6=90w
Short blade fans --->70wx2=140w
Laptop--->65wx3=195w
Thermal printer--->40w
And charging of mobile phones.

PLS NOTE THAT;
1. There is HARDLY 5h light per day in my location. Sometimes we go 2 to 3 days without light.
2. I do not power all the listed loads at d same time. Mostly d fans and light are turned on all day. All oda loads are turned on intermittently.
3. I operate my shop for about 12hrs per day
4. I power all dese loads at d same time with a 2kva generator.
5. There is about 5hrs of good sunlight in my location.
6. I recently bought a 2kva 24v Sinergy inverter and 2x200ah luminous battery.

My questions are;
1. Hw many solar panels do i need to buy to effectively power d listed load and charge my battery to full b4 the sun goes down in the evening.(I intend buying 265w solar panels)
2. what type of charge controller would be recommended for the total amount of panels that is recommended.
3. Can i use my 2kva generator to charge my batteries. If yes, for hw long b4 the batteries get to full charge?
4. Will the 2 batteries be enough to power my load in the evening for abt 4 to 5hrs (considering i do not turn on all the loads at d same time)

Pls i will be so grateful if this requested information is attended to. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 4:29pm On Feb 12, 2018
nisol:

How it's made
==========

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcIQ152qusQ

It is good to share knowledge,

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NoMoreTrolling: 7:31pm On Feb 12, 2018
princely009:
Hello house, pls i need the techies in the house to help a brother out so dat i can invest wisely in harnessing solar power. I want to power my gaming shop which also include a barbing saloon and and a betting biz(bet9ja) with solar and inverter.

22 "led tv--->30wx3=90w
32" led tv--->50wx4=200w
26" tv--->47w
Playstation 4--->150w
18"ox fan--->128w
26"ox fan--->150w
LED lights--->15wx6=90w
Laptop--->65wx3=195w
Thermal printer--->40w

PLS NOTE THAT;
1. There is HARDLY 5h light per day in my location. Sometimes we go 2 to 3 days without light.
2. I do not power all the listed loads at d same time. Mostly d fans and light are turned on all day. All oda loads are turned on intermittently.

My questions are;
1. Hw many solar panels do i need to buy to effectively power d listed load and charge my battery to full b4 the sun goes down in the evening.(I intend buying 265w solar panels)
2. what type of charge controller would be recommended for the total amount of panels that is recommended.
3. Can i use my 2kva generator to charge my batteries. If yes, for hw long b4 the batteries get to full charge?
4. Will the 2 batteries be enough to power my load in the evening for abt 4 to 5hrs (considering i do not turn on all the loads at d same time)

Hey, I have some PS3 games for dirt cheap incase your interested. About 50 title, some brand new.

Check thread below
https://www.nairaland.com/4326459/ps3-games-sale-affordable-lekki
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NoMoreTrolling: 7:37pm On Feb 12, 2018
princely009:

22 "led tv--->30wx3=90w
32" led tv--->50wx4=200w
26" tv--->47w
Playstation 4--->150w
18"ox fan--->128w
26"ox fan--->150w
LED lights--->15wx6=90w
Laptop--->65wx3=195w
Thermal printer--->40w

PLS NOTE THAT;

My questions are;

Your fans are so energy inefficient though, what gives

150 watts for a fan? men, that better be like some turbo type fan.

You do the math yourself, set yourself a realistic instataneous power draw. So for instance, if you say that you will only use 500 watts at any given time, then you can load shed accordingly.

with 2 batteries at 200ah/12v, you'd have 4800watt-hours of power available to you.

to run it for 5 hours at 50% dod, that would give you 2400/5, which is about 480 watts per hour that would be the max you should take your batteries to if you want it to last for those 5 hours.

if you run to a greater dod, then you may have to replace those batteries earlier than expected.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 9:56pm On Feb 12, 2018
bode4real:
@Zino, zeestone

a very big thank u, for d ibadan job, kudos to ur team, I really appreciate u wit d quality job and standard equipment used.
u ar more dan a buss man, for u to go extra mile to branch my house and clean my panels, despite not at home.
thx thx thx

Thnk u my oga, it was a pleasure meeting you in person, even though we have been transacting for months.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 9:57pm On Feb 12, 2018
princely009:

22 "led tv--->30wx3=90w
32" led tv--->50wx4=200w
26" tv--->47w
Playstation 4--->150w
18"ox fan--->128w
26"ox fan--->150w
LED lights--->15wx6=90w
Laptop--->65wx3=195w
Thermal printer--->40w

PLS NOTE THAT;

My questions are;

Call/whatapp 08117398294 let's draft a plan for the project.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sinistrian(m): 2:39am On Feb 13, 2018
I decided to bite the bullet and change my inverter. I'll also switch to 48V while i'm at it. Reasons:
* Fangpusun 100/50 cannot handle more than 4 300W panels, no matter what config I use
* The voltage loss along my PV cable is annoying, an i can't increase the number of strings (see #1 above)
* Inverter draws insane currents from batteries at full house equipment load (approx 650W) and 16mm2 cables get hot. My 63A MCB has been thrown many times.
* Inverter (CloudEnergy LPT3000) runs hot and uses 75W standby
* The woes of parallel batteries and charge imbalance. One set is starting to show an ever-so-slight bulge.
* No monitoring software for the inverter, I mean seriously?? Not even a data logger.
* Inverter is aggressive with charging cycles. setting for AGM batteries = 29.6 - 30V bulk (until battery is at 95%), then 28.8V absorption for a loooong time. I have seen the LED for float light up only once.
* Inverter runs hot and i'm worried about overheating. The fan doesn't run constantly and at a point in time you ill not be able to place your hand on the chassis- it's that hot.

Buying an axpert from Gennextech. I can use tools to read data from it and my BMV at the same time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (1678) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: ladyjblinks(f), Justice629(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.