Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,132 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (421) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2043574 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) ... (1679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by VULCAN(m): 5:01pm On Jun 22, 2018
@mcTrinty

Thanks for your reply.

Any idea of a reliable source for any of these CCs or the Mustpower?

The battery number I finally settle with will be decided by whether the inverter I choose is 24 or 48v. I have 1500W panels.

Thanks

mcTrinity:

"cost effective" means you're not considering the premium brands.

well, oga Niyi has given a good personal review on the Mustpower (which is one of your options), so you can go ahead with it.
And since you're getting 8 batteries of 12v, it means you're going for 48v (4kva, probably)

As for SCC, you can go for Fangpusun Flexmax (outback clone) or fangpusun Blue series (victron clone) or go for Epsolar (iTracer) or Epever (eTracer).

PERSONALLY, I prefer Epsolar/Epever. though some gurus here have given the top score to fangpusun.

for any of the CC, the size will depend on the size of your solar

Nevertheless, whatever you're getting, get from a reputable source.

Cheers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by VULCAN(m): 5:04pm On Jun 22, 2018
Bro, thanks for asking.

The Bluegate has stopped charging. I guess the board is bad. I would like to get another board and keep it as a backup while I move on to a more rugged brand.

makawhy201:
@Vulcan, sorry for experiencing the bad side of going solar, please if i may ask? whats issue you are having with your Bluegate 3.5kva inverter you planning to replace? cos i have been using the 2kva version for the past 6years and still working like new and never gone for repair for once even with constant abuse because I am considering upgrading to 3.5kva or 5kva model for my upgrade.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 5:47pm On Jun 22, 2018
hisenjos:
Just got this Chevrolet Volt battery in.
16kwh total running at 360v.
Very heavy unit -over 200kg
Going to break it down to 48v and 24v units to use.
Will try and post pictures when it is done.
Awesome acquisition. Be very careful the inverter you use with these batteries. The maximum charge voltage is 24.5 to 25V. don't exceed that
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by makawhy201: 6:04pm On Jun 22, 2018
Thanks for the feedback, was there any power surge or other misconnection that caused it, just want to know because i categorise this brand as rugged in my own little experience.
VULCAN:
Bro, thanks for asking.

The Bluegate has stopped charging. I guess the board is bad. I would like to get another board and keep it as a backup while I move on to a more rugged brand.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mukhcech(m): 6:50pm On Jun 22, 2018
Please I need a maximum of 500 watts inverter. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by VULCAN(m): 7:14pm On Jun 22, 2018
Not sure bro, but considering that I have a 10kVA stabilizer attached to it, I'm not supposed to worry about surge.

makawhy201:
Thanks for the feedback, was there any power surge or other misconnection that caused it, just want to know because i categorise this brand as rugged in my own little experience.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Vested(m): 7:32pm On Jun 22, 2018
I have a Nexus 5kva Inverter and 8 units of 130W Solar panels for sale.

Check my ad and contact me

https://www.nairaland.com/4568736/5kva-solar-inverter-4-batteries
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:12pm On Jun 22, 2018
Ndagi123:

Eagerly waiting for the delivery of two paid for sir thank you

Thanks very much for the patronage Sir smiley.. I have been very busy but will definitely waybill yours down to your state very early . Remain blessed !
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:16pm On Jun 22, 2018
hisenjos:

Good evening Sir ! How is the family & Jos weather smiley .. Wow huge batteries you got there shocked . Pls keep us posted . Cheer's
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:18pm On Jun 22, 2018
EnigmaticEnigma:

I have 4 dead GLT batteries and 2 dead Mercury batteries for sale.

Call 0817-194-2851.

Batteries hold voltage but no capacity, so dead!!

What are the ahms? smiley

Contact,
Smartcell global services
081-350-31951
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:27pm On Jun 22, 2018
kiekie1:
We recently acquired fairly used telecoms batteries and it came out good after individual testing & reading smiley .

Battery brand name: Ritar
Capacity: 12v 105a
Weight: 30/32kg
Description: Front access telecom battery
Price : N27,000 per unit

Quantity procured : 65 units
Sold: 61 units
In stock : 04 units left
Deliveries : We waybill to any state (T&C applies)

Also available in limited qty:
12v 200a ...... N45,000
IN STOCK: 3 UNITS

Sir Frankie
Smartcell global services
081-350-31951

Ritar 12v 105a...Just 2 units remaining!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 8:32pm On Jun 22, 2018
Very valuable piece of equipment. That lithium battery is massive!
hisenjos:
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 8:43pm On Jun 22, 2018
VULCAN:
@mcTrinty

Thanks for your reply.

Any idea of a reliable source for any of these CCs or the Mustpower?

The battery number I finally settle with will be decided by whether the inverter I choose is 24 or 48v. I have 1500W panels.

Thanks

hello Vulcan,

for the CC, you can try JUO. he has a very good reputation here. I've had dealings with him. Nevertheless, why I like him is that he always takes time to offer technical support. He's always ready to guide you (via chats, calls and whatsapp video) through connection and wire up of components, even the ones you didn't buy from him.

I've also dealt with Brightsolar

we also have other known sellers here like zeestone, kiekie

Oga Niyi can also help you with regards to the Mustpower inverter. you can trust his recommendation 101%

finally, you can simply buy from SolarDepot. That's where I buy premium inverters and CCs from.

cheers

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 8:50pm On Jun 22, 2018
pranil:
\

GUYS Are you sure you did not get the US model ( there is L1 and L2 with N) only in US models L1, L2 E and N

for UK/EU 230 V 50 HZ models there is L, N and E for both input output

or is it SW+ with separate generator input

see the snapshot from manual and download link - https://41j5tc3akbrn3uezx5av0jj1bgm-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/ML20180101_Conext-SW-230V-Installation-Guide-975-0637-01-01_Rev-F_ENG.pdf

even Schinder is looping the neutrals on a neutral busbar for both input and output so I would say you can safely loop them with same size conductor as L input

thanks Pranil... I guess it's the US model afterall

cheers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 9:33pm On Jun 22, 2018
pranil:
\

even Schinder is looping the neutrals on a neutral busbar for both input and output so I would say you can safely loop them with same size conductor as L input

But then there's one thing with this neutral looping of a thing.

if you must run only one neutral cable to the Inverter and loop the input and output neutral, it means you have to connect that neutral at the neutral bar (at the distribution panel).

what I normally do is that I usually totally separate the inverter loads from the main distribution panel and move them to a separate panel. so all loads that the client want to be on inverter, I remove both their live and neutral from the main DB and connect them directly to the Inverter output through a mini panel.
then the inverter input goes to the main DB. hence 4 wires- 2L and 2N (with ground, of course)

where only one neutral cable will be run to the Inverter, the full separation won't be achieved. you have 3 wires- 2L and 1N

watcha think
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by hisenjos: 10:09pm On Jun 22, 2018
Thanks Chris,

I got BMS systems I will use with it.
Next one i get, I will see if I can get an inverter running at 360v eg Solax, then no need to take it apart.
Run both pv and dc at high voltage - more efficient.

How is your Tesla installation coming along.

PS. do buzz me on my whatapp

chris81964:

Awesome acquisition. Be very careful the inverter you use with these batteries. The maximum charge voltage is 24.5 to 25V. don't exceed that
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by hisenjos: 10:12pm On Jun 22, 2018
Evening,

Doing fine here. How is business?
Will post the progress.

kiekie1:

Good evening Sir ! How is the family & Jos weather smiley .. Wow huge batteries you got there shocked . Pls keep us posted . Cheer's

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by VULCAN(m): 10:47pm On Jun 22, 2018
More blessings bro

mcTrinity:

hello Vulcan,

for the CC, you can try JUO. he has a very good reputation here. I've had dealings with him. Nevertheless, why I like him is that he always takes time to offer technical support. He's always ready to guide you (via chats, calls and whatsapp video) through connection and wire up of components, even the ones you didn't buy from him.

Oga Niyi can also help you with regards to the Mustpower inverter. you can trust his recommendation 101%

finally, you can simply buy from SolarDepot. That's where I buy premium inverters and CCs from.

cheers

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by makavele: 10:54pm On Jun 22, 2018
mcTrinity:

But then there's one thing with this neutral looping of a thing.

if you must run only one neutral cable to the Inverter and loop the input and output neutral, it means you have to connect that neutral at the neutral bar (at the distribution panel).

what I normally do is that I usually totally separate the inverter loads from the main distribution panel and move them to a separate panel. so all loads that the client want to be on inverter, I remove both their live and neutral from the main DB and connect them directly to the Inverter output through a mini panel.
then the inverter input goes to the main DB. hence 4 wires- 2L and 2N (with ground, of course)

where only one neutral cable will be run to the Inverter, the full separation won't be achieved. you have 3 wires- 2L and 1N

watcha think

And after you have suffered yaself finish; your house's neutral is looped with your next door neighbor's neutral and the next building
and they terminate at one point at the feeder or transformer or what have you.
The issue of neutral looping isn't etched in stone. You just have to do it right. The reason why every point/load in the house is not looped via neutral but instead dedicated a single wire to the DB is to avoid multiple failures. If you loop all the points/load with a single wire to the db, it will work. But in the event that the wire suffers breakage/corrosion/burn out. The whole house fails.
I actually looped my neutral from inverter 1 changeover, to inverter 2 changeover, to output and input for both, to the inverter loads to the the main DB, to inverter charging source from mains, every goddamn place . . .It took many days of intensive research but I did it right.
Earth is working perfectly too. Works for me, might not work for you.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by totalgreen01: 7:07am On Jun 23, 2018
Bless ur heart

keep us posted.....

hisenjos:
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 7:14am On Jun 23, 2018
hisenjos:
Evening,

Doing fine here. How is business?
Will post the progress.

We bless God smiley .. Good morning Sir !
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by damola1: 4:43pm On Jun 23, 2018
I use a outback vfx3024e inverter for sensitive equipment like server etc

I normally don’t charge with generator but no light in last 4 days so had to use gen to charge it.

Problem now is: out of the 4 times I have tried to change into the generator, twice the server trip off. Defeating the whole essence of the inverter

How can I fix this please ?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mukhcech(m): 5:58pm On Jun 23, 2018
Brothers. Epp. I need 300 to 500 watt inverter ASAP please.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sinistrian(m): 7:06pm On Jun 23, 2018
mukhcech:
Brothers. Epp. I need 300 to 500 watt inverter ASAP please.
You can get this easily from konga.com

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by makavele: 7:13pm On Jun 23, 2018
damola1:

I normally don’t charge with generator but no light in last 4 days so had to use gen to charge it.

Problem now is: out of the 4 times I have tried to change into the generator, twice the server trip off. Defeating the whole essence of the inverter

I remember I had this issue with a particular sound system for a friend that would always trip off during changeover; it has to do with transfer-time issues.
Tried 3 different inverter brands (even a premium US brand); still the same thing.
It worked finally, there is a trick; since he didn't want to splurge on purchasing an online-ups. . (take note: there is a difference between a regular ups and an online ups)
I got a regular 1kva UPS (more than enough power for the sound system); opened it up
removed the small battery; dedicated a single 100AH battery to it. Turned it on permanently and connected the sound system to it.
And isolated the sound-system and UPS combo . . this way it is not affected by the changeover. The battery is charged by the normal inverter.
and it has been like that since last year.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 8:14pm On Jun 23, 2018
damola1:

This is the major issue I have with inverters Generally when powering servers and network equipments. Most require at least 10 milliseconds switch over time or you get an interruption and unsafe shutdown. Interestingly inverter which seems to solve this issue are the Indian brands and Voltronic. Both allows you to set UPS mode where switch over is 10 ms or less. Hence we use the sukam for some of our data room servers and deployed ipower plus for majority of our servers. The alternative is to put a UPS a small Apc smart ups would do. This would allow you to abstract the servers from switch over time. The UPS would also allow u to have safe shutdown when battery are low.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 8:22pm On Jun 23, 2018
Very innovative.....thumbs up
makavele:

I remember I had this issue with a particular sound system for a friend that would always trip off during changeover; it has to do with transfer-time issues.
Tried 3 different inverter brands (even a premium US brand); still the same thing.
It worked finally, there is a trick; since he didn't want to splurge on purchasing an online-ups. . (take note: there is a difference between a regular ups and an online ups)
I got a regular 1kva UPS (more than enough power for the sound system); opened it up
removed the small battery; dedicated a single 100AH battery to it. Turned it on permanently and connected the sound system to it.
And isolated the sound-system and UPS combo . . this way it is not affected by the changeover. The battery is charged by the normal inverter.
and it has been like that since last year.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mukhcech(m): 8:48pm On Jun 23, 2018
sinistrian:
You can get this easily from konga.com
Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BRIGHTSOLAR(m): 8:49am On Jun 24, 2018
mcTrinity:

hello Vulcan,

cheers

Good���
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Vested(m): 7:40pm On Jun 24, 2018
Vested:
I have a Nexus 5kva Inverter and 8 units of 130W Solar panels for sale.

Check my ad and contact me

https://www.nairaland.com/4568736/5kva-solar-inverter-4-batteries
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 8:33pm On Jun 24, 2018
Can anyone give me a wrap up of the Voltron/Must hybrid inverters?

I would also know a bit about Microtech inverters particularly overload durability and idle consumption.

(1) (2) (3) ... (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) ... (1679) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: TechGeek777 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.