Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,868 members, 7,806,467 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2039350 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (1676) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 3:57pm On Feb 13, 2015
Ogojohn:
As a matter of fact. My battery is not dead. I bought it brand new. It is 4 in number and not 2 as you stated. The power rating for each of the battery is 200ah. I started using them from 23rd of December 2014. I bought them brand new with the inverter from the manufacturer by myself. From the first day it was installed. Even with 24 hours charging. It has not exceeded the 57 percent charging. Please advise me properly.
bros you are welcome and good to hear the batteries and inverter are less than 3 months old. my advice for you is: 1. you need to reduce the load on the inverter. 2. get external charger
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bomboyi(m): 8:09pm On Feb 14, 2015
I have a fairly used genus 1.4KVA inverter. It's 24v. It's going for 25k. Interested contact 07081570135

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 10:04pm On Feb 14, 2015
Ogojohn:
As a matter of fact. My battery is not dead. I bought it brand new. It is 4 in number and not 2 as you stated. The power rating for each of the battery is 200ah. I started using them from 23rd of December 2014. I bought them brand new with the inverter from the manufacturer by myself. From the first day it was installed. Even with 24 hours charging. It has not exceeded the 57 percent charging. Please advise me properly.

1 or 2 of the batteries in the string may be bad...disconnect them and measure their individual voktages with a digital voltmeter. ....if you have a load t3ster. Load test the batteries......secondly whats the charging current of ur inverter? ....
3rdly..is the voltage in ur area full? ....do u hv a stabilizer connected..powering the inverter?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodejohn(m): 3:09pm On Feb 16, 2015
I took the long overdue decision to remove some unproductive panels in my array and the results we simply wonderful.
I had tried to manage 4 toxic pieces of 100watts panels that I first bought when I decided to go the green way.

The max power generated from the 2740Watts solar was under 2000Watts and had even dropped to 1700Watts in the last weeks of 2014.
The new solar array is 2820Watts with about 2400watts max power generation...

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 4:13pm On Feb 16, 2015
bodejohn:
I took the long overdue decision to remove some unproductive panels in my array and the results we simply wonderful.
I had tried to manage 4 toxic pieces of 100watts panels that I first bought when I decided to go the green way.

The max power generated from the 2740Watts solar was under 2000Watts and had even dropped to 1700Watts in the last weeks of 2014.
I'll soon be joining ur ministry. I have 6 of 130watts panels I wanna get rid of.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodejohn(m): 8:45pm On Feb 16, 2015
Barezzi:

I'll soon be joining ur ministry. I have 6 of 130watts panels I wanna get rid of.

It wasn't about the size of the panels but quality and voltage matching. I think the panels are actually not 100watts but I have been too lazy to calculate expected wattage based on the size and other stc factors.

I have 8pcs of 120watts panels in my current setup and as you can see the results are moderate.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 3:57pm On Feb 17, 2015
Hello house: please what is the advantage of thin film panels over mono or poly panels?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tundebabzy: 8:04pm On Feb 17, 2015
The only advantage is the price. Thin film is the cheapest of the three but the least efficient.

Mono packs a lot of silicone and is the most expensive and efficient. Poly has less silicone, is a little cheaper and a little less expensive than mono.

I hope that helps.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by hardywaltz(m): 7:50pm On Feb 21, 2015
Hello House,
I have followed this thread for quite a while and i had commented some time ago but it was lost when Nairaland got hit last year.

I have had my Bluegate 2kva (24v) inverter since 2011 with 4 x 200Ah batteries connected in series and parallel. So theoretically i have 24 x 400 = 9600watts.

My Inverter is analogue and has a 20A charging which i have noticed is inadequate for the system coz 24v x 20A = 480watts/hr
which means it will take about 9600/480 = 20hrs (on the assumption of 0% DOD). My constrain is that i hardly have NEPA lite and I put on my Gen. from 5pm to 1am each day (8 hrs average) but I noticed that it doesn't really charge the batteries.

I just changed all my four batteries (200ah/Bluegate).

So I am looking for a good Inverter brand with higher capacity of charging 45amps or more
with digital display to show the % charging and discharge coz I intend to increase my battery bank and buy solar panels in the next few months so the Inverter should be able to support the incoming system.
Also the Inverter would be powered mostly by a 5kva Generator. (for the mean tym)

Please I will need ur help guys.
Thanks

@richmond77
@Akanniade
@GeorgeD1
and all

Ps:
Some one is offering me a Voltron inverter with the following spec
:
Main Features:
Output Power: 2Kw
Soft start capability for starting heavy loads
New power factor corrected (PFC) charging
Durable construction for long life under extreme environmental conditions
70 amp automatic three-stage battery charger (bulk, absorption, and float)
battery equalization with remote temperature sensor for increased performance
Low idle current (less than 1 watt) conserves energy when no loads are present
Built-in starting control circuits for two- and three-wire generator starting systems*
New digital display shows kilowatts (kW) when inverting and amps (A) when charging
Better thermal performance allows full output power to 50°C (122°F) without de-rating
High surge capacity starts more difficult loads and handles overload conditions reliably
Simplified controls with a snap-on cover that protects settings from being accidentally changed

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tivta(m): 8:13pm On Feb 21, 2015
hardywaltz:
Hello House,
I have followed this thread for quite a while and i had commented some time ago but it was lost when Nairaland got hit last year.
I have had my Bluegate 2kva (24v) inverter since 2011 with 4 x 200Ah batteries connected in series and parallel. So theoretically i have 24 x 400 = 9600watts.
My Inverter is analogue and has a 20A charging which i have noticed is inadequate for the system coz 24v x 20A = 480watts/hr
which means it will take about 9600/480 = 20hrs (on the assumption of 0% DOD). My constrain is that i hardly have NEPA lite and I put on my Gen. from 5pm to 1am each day (8 hrs average) but I noticed that it doesn't really charge the batteries.
So I am looking for a good Inverter brand with higher capacity of charging 45amps or more
with digital display to show the % charging and discharge coz I intend to increase my battery bank and buy solar panels in the next few months so the Inverter should be able to support the incoming system.
Thanks
@richmond77
@Akanniade
@GeorgeD1
and all
I am no expert but am learning. Unfortunately, due to the fall of naira, the cost of solar equipments have risen. I hear Anergy is good but I don't have anyone who has used it for long due to the fact that its still new in the market. Hopefully George D and richmond would give you better advice.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pheleix: 11:29pm On Feb 21, 2015
I urgently need a DC miniature Circuit Breaker. The one on my Sukam is bad
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Konnektions146(m): 9:26am On Feb 22, 2015
pheleix:
I urgently need a DC miniature Circuit Breaker. The one on my Sukam is bad
Specs??
Single or double pole?
Rating in Amps?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pheleix: 1:07pm On Feb 22, 2015
Konnektions146:

Specs??
Single or double pole?
Rating in Amps?
Single pole.
I will confirm the Amp. But it's the the DC breaker on a 3.5kVA Sukam inverter.

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olak3: 2:40pm On Feb 22, 2015
I have one 2000w /24v Modified Sine Wave Power Inverter For SALE or EXCHANGE for similar rate with 12V
The brand name "Demuda"

Technical Details

Model No. DMD-2000W/24V/F/A
Size 275 x 165 x 125mm
Weight 4.5Kg
Certificate CE and ROHS
DC Input
section
DC Input Voltage 24V
DC Operating Voltage 21-29V
DC Low-voltage Protection 18.5-20.5V
DC Low-voltage Alarm 19.5-21V
DC Over-voltage Protection ≥29V
Fuse 35A*3
Quiescent Current ≤1.6A
AC input
Section
AC input voltage 220v
AC inout frequency 50Hz
AC operating voltage 170-250v
AC Low-voltage Protection ≤150v
AC over-voltage Protection ≥250v
Ac input Frequency 50Hz
Working and Protection
Transfer Efficiency ≥90%
Overload Protection 2000W--2400W
Short-circuit Protection Yes
Start soft-start function
Operating Temperature -10°C--+50°C
Temperature Protection +60°C--+70°C
Green LED Indicator Green Light(Working),Flash(Overload Protection)
Red LED Indicator Red Light(Error Protection)
Other Warranty 2 years
Packing Color box packing or skin packing
BRAND NEW
any one interested call 08153802255 or wattsap

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 9:04pm On Feb 22, 2015
hardywaltz:
Hello House,

Also the Inverter would be powered mostly by a 5kva Generator. (for the mean tym)

Thanks

@richmond77
@Akanniade
@GeorgeD1
and all

Ps:
:
Main Features:
Built-in starting control circuits for two- and three-wire generator starting systems*
New digital display shows kilowatts (kW) when inverting and amps (A) when charging
Better thermal performance allows full output power to 50°C (122°F) without de-rating
High surge capacity starts more difficult loads and handles overload conditions reliably
Simplified controls with a snap-on cover that protects settings from being accidentally changed

Hi hardywaltz

For your upgrade you should be talking about 48V system no more 24V.
One observation,
No 5kva generator will be able to charge your battery at 45amp 48v and run your house load at the same time CONVENIENTLY. As such another feature you will need in your inverter which you didn't is variable charging current function

For my recommendation
Magnum MS4348PE will be the best for you. It's the cheapest of the inverters in its class and has all the features listed above and many more.
It is a 4.3kw inverter with a 55amps charging current.

Voltron inverters are in the class of MUST Power and powerstar which wont serve you well except you are fully dependent on solar.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omotech: 9:05pm On Feb 22, 2015
Gdevening pple in d house does any1 know where I can get fairly used UPS 1.5 kva (Tokunbo) @ cheaper rate. Thank you
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 9:44pm On Feb 22, 2015
house una welldone. pls need your urgent advice. i currently am using 280watts solar panels x 4. i want to add more panels but my supplier does not have 280watts but 300watts same brand. is it ok to mix 280watts with 300watts panels bearing in mind the same brand ,(joy panels).
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 10:05pm On Feb 22, 2015
samnaija:
house una welldone. pls need your urgent advice. i currently am using 280watts solar panels x 4. i want to add more panels but my supplier does not have 280watts but 300watts same brand. is it ok to mix 280watts with 300watts panels bearing in mind the same brand ,(joy panels).

Yes its okay, as long as the Voc doesn't exceed the input voltage of your mppt charge controller...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:40pm On Feb 22, 2015
hardywaltz:
Hello House,

Thanks

@richmond77
@Akanniade
@GeorgeD1
and all

Ps:
:
Main Features:

Hello Hardy , there are different people with different opinion bt not everybody loves typing @ length for argumentative sake. Simply call me for clarity of information !!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by c0ogumo(m): 12:48am On Feb 23, 2015
hardywaltz:
Hello House,

Thanks

@richmond77
@Akanniade
@GeorgeD1
and all

Ps:
:
Main Features:

Please checkout my website for affordable inverters and accessories and let me know if you have questions.
www.solardepotng.com
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by shagking: 7:45am On Feb 23, 2015
I think your 2800 solar array should be doing more than that. From experience my 1200 array output about 5400 watts almost every day, my monthly average for January was about
watts

bodejohn:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 8:33am On Feb 23, 2015
shagking:
I think your 2800 solar array should be doing more than that. From experience my 1200 array output about 5400 watts almost every day, my monthly average for January was about
watts

You're mixing it up bruv...
What he meant as stated in his post was instantaneous POWER from his array.
What you've posted is the daily ENERGY production from your array.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by shagking: 9:03pm On Feb 23, 2015
Thanks for the clarification

Barezzi:

You're mixing it up bruv...
What he meant as stated in his post was instantaneous POWER from his array.
What you've posted is the daily ENERGY production from your array.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodejohn(m): 9:24pm On Feb 23, 2015
shagking:
watts

The 2400watts you are referring to is like the instantaneous power generated, I have been grossing between 11 and 12kwhr since the upgrade.

The clouds have suddenly reappeared from no where but no shaking things for here...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pheleix: 7:13am On Feb 24, 2015
Konnektions146:

Specs??
Single or double pole?
Rating in Amps?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 3:40pm On Feb 24, 2015
hello hardywaltz,
i think richmon is very much on point. your best bet is the magnum ms4348pe inverter if money is not an issue
but you could still make do with with cyberpower 5kva if you find the first option prohibitive.
i'm not familiar with the voltron inverter but i think a 2kw inverter's charging capacity whatever the brand will be
too low to fully charge that many number of batteries within the stipulated time.
also if i were you, i'd be careful with some of the responses i'm seeing here as it seems most are just trying to
sell you their product.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jukeblam(m): 3:56pm On Feb 24, 2015
GeorgeD1:

your best bet is the magnum ms4348pe inverter

Hello GeorgeD1,
Can you help with info on where/who I can get same magnum from?

I want to have a 4.3KW Inverter/Charger connection with 4 or 8 batteries. For now, no plan to include solar panels.

Also, would starting with 4 batteries and adding another 4 in about 7-12 months time have a negative effect on the setup?
As well, advice on batteries to use would be appreciated- since you have quite some experience in inverters et al.

Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 8:09pm On Feb 24, 2015
jukeblam,
you can get magnum ms4348pe from richmon at bargain price but in case he doesn't have
i can give you the number of a guy in port-harcourt who is equally good.

as for batteries, its always a good idea to buy your batteries in one piece. never mix old
and new batteries else the old ones will draw down the voltage of the new ones and reduce
their charge absorbing capacity.

for brand, industry best in class remains trojan or hoppeckke. but presently i am using
zenith 260ah brand and they seem to be performing excellently. check out my battery test
results posted early january for evidence.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 9:45pm On Feb 24, 2015
I have a 6-month old outback VFX 3024 inverter that I wish to exchange with Outback VFX 3048. Not for sale, for swap only. You can reach me at adrusa at gmail.com or o8o37148252.

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (1676) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: foonshur(m), Olumighty123(m), zeestone99(m), Drgreatone, Dharyhor and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.