Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,009 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

The New Lagos Danfo Bus Has Arrived Lagos (Photo) - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / The New Lagos Danfo Bus Has Arrived Lagos (Photo) (67416 Views)

SOLDJust Arrived, Lagos Cleared Tokunbo,toyota Highlander, 2008 Limited Edition. / Newly Arrived Lagos Cleared 2006 Model Honda Pilot / See Amazing Photos Of The Latest Danfo Bus… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Lagos Danfo Bus Has Arrived Lagos (Photo) by sirscripture: 8:44pm On Jul 06, 2017
With the introduction of this bus Lagos State is fully prepared to make transportation in the state sweeter.

Some of these buses are presently been discharged at one of the ports in Nigeria...

Kudos to Ambode...

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The New Lagos Danfo Bus Has Arrived Lagos (Photo) by ojun50(m): 8:47pm On Jul 06, 2017
Action film won start now

136 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The New Lagos Danfo Bus Has Arrived Lagos (Photo) by gbzed(m): 8:48pm On Jul 06, 2017
Nice one, but e go soon scatter cos of our roads

95 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The New Lagos Danfo Bus Has Arrived Lagos (Photo) by Ezigboune: 8:51pm On Jul 06, 2017
Odimma

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The New Lagos Danfo Bus Has Arrived Lagos (Photo) by torres89: 8:54pm On Jul 06, 2017
just curious
will conductors hang on this
will market women carry their basket of tomatoes in it

215 Likes 12 Shares

Re: The New Lagos Danfo Bus Has Arrived Lagos (Photo) by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:00pm On Jul 06, 2017
and we want the dollar to come down? Something as massive as this should have been imported knocked down and assembled in lagos and environs.

I like the bus, but this is too large.

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The New Lagos Danfo Bus Has Arrived Lagos (Photo) by torres89: 9:21pm On Jul 06, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
and we want the dollar to come down? Something as massive as this should have been imported knocked down and assembled in lagos and environs.

sorry but reassembling will cost more ,

construction of the plant and other logistics, infact that will even drive the cost of dollars higher.

the only factor that can force the dollar down in this case is 70 percent local production

don't believe me

check out cost of assembling vehicles in Nigeria or just ask innoson

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Lagos Danfo Bus Has Arrived Lagos (Photo) by Kufie(m): 9:26pm On Jul 06, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

I agree it's too large. Otokar bus made in Turkey. I wonder why it wasn't assembled here too

3 Likes

Re: The New Lagos Danfo Bus Has Arrived Lagos (Photo) by omobadurella(m): 9:28pm On Jul 06, 2017
IVM can surely produce this nah. Why not patronize IVM?

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Lagos Danfo Bus Has Arrived Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 06, 2017
omobadurella:
IVM can surely produce this nah. Why not patronize IVM?
They won't deliver it on time.

18 Likes

Re: The New Lagos Danfo Bus Has Arrived Lagos (Photo) by princetom1(m): 10:34pm On Jul 06, 2017
torres89:

construction of the plant and other logistics, infact that will even drive the cost of dollars higher.

the only factor that can force the dollar down in this case is 70 percent local production

don't believe me

There are many assembly plants in Nigeria now, that can handle assembly well. And it's not gonna cost a a leg and an arm like u thought...

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Lagos Danfo Bus Has Arrived Lagos (Photo) by princetom1(m): 10:36pm On Jul 06, 2017
sirscripture:
With the introduction of this bus Lagos State is fully prepared to make transportation in the state sweeter.

Some of these buses are presently been discharged at one of the ports in Nigeria...

Kudos to Ambode...

This isn't danfo at all. Too big, it's useless in most places. I wonder wat some people study and how they think before they put them in critical positions like transport commissioner

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Lagos Danfo Bus Has Arrived Lagos (Photo) by Mrtesso: 11:33pm On Jul 06, 2017
princetom1:

This isn't danfo at all. Too big, it's useless in most places. I wonder wat some people study and how they think before they put them in critical positions like transport commissioner

It doesn't even have the famous two striped yellow color. This has to be a prototype abi sample. I don't see what qualifies it as Danfo. It should be renamed, rebadged plus including rebranded.

5 Likes

Re: The New Lagos Danfo Bus Has Arrived Lagos (Photo) by princetom1(m): 11:52pm On Jul 06, 2017
torres89:

don't believe me

Expantiate or give meaning to the bolded

2 Likes

Re: The New Lagos Danfo Bus Has Arrived Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 12:48am On Jul 07, 2017
More befitting to a state with a Mega City Status

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Lagos Danfo Bus Has Arrived Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 12:50am On Jul 07, 2017
After 6 months It will resemble those red battered BRT buses that ply out roads everyday and emmit enough smoke to deplete the ozone layer.

11 Likes

Re: The New Lagos Danfo Bus Has Arrived Lagos (Photo) by MrMcJay(m): 1:37am On Jul 07, 2017
Those buses would be deployed from CMS to Ajah first and CMS/Obalende to Ketu. There would be a route from Ikeja to the Island and various locations.

If you're in Odogunyan, Ogijo, Ajangbadi, Okokomaiko, Iju-Ishaga-Agbado, you're on a long thing. You want your bad roads to condemn the bus? Na Okada Ambode go commission for those areas.

One more thing, this bus has 2 doors for 2 conductors while Vanagon (Faragon) has 1. That one sef na employment generation.

Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Obinoscopy
Semid4lyf
Dominique
OAM4J

Kindly move this bus thread to the frontpage garage.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Lagos Danfo Bus Has Arrived Lagos (Photo) by Greenbuoy(m): 5:00am On Jul 07, 2017
And you say transportation will be sweet in this one?! Mtchew.
If e nor be volks danfo, it's not danfo

4 Likes

Re: The New Lagos Danfo Bus Has Arrived Lagos (Photo) by seunfly: 5:12am On Jul 07, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Honestly u are right, why can't government patronise any local manufactuters? Now they have successfully export jobs, reduced foreign exchange, denied us growth and discourage local production. This is crazy and I don't see any passion in our leaders to develop or encourage development of this country. To make the matter worse they can't even patronise a well known brand, what is d difference btw this and innoson motors.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Lagos Danfo Bus Has Arrived Lagos (Photo) by femi4: 6:23am On Jul 07, 2017
A Danfo that is not in a yellow and black colour......Is that one a Danfo?

17 Likes

Re: The New Lagos Danfo Bus Has Arrived Lagos (Photo) by torres89: 6:30am On Jul 07, 2017
princetom1:

There are many assembly plants in Nigeria now, that can handle assembly well. And it's not gonna cost a a leg and an arm like u thought...

really

you said many like there are more than 10 or 20

oya start listing them o

please don't mention Keke and okada assembling plant o.

1 Like

Re: The New Lagos Danfo Bus Has Arrived Lagos (Photo) by torres89: 6:39am On Jul 07, 2017
princetom1:

Expantiate or give meaning to the bolded
let's estimate procedures for start up then u do the costing
1) land
2) construction of building
3) procurement of equipments
4) employment of labor and staffs
5) importation of materials
6) transportation to plant yard
7) cost of electricity during assembling
cool transportation of finished product
9) payment of staffs
10) logistics
procedure for importation of already finished product
1) govt negotiate with company. gets special discount
2) shipping​ , govt waves uncessary import and custom duties
3) commission project
4) logistics

hope you are happy now

2 Likes

Re: The New Lagos Danfo Bus Has Arrived Lagos (Photo) by scarr: 7:31am On Jul 07, 2017
what is a Danfo without yellow/black stripes and conductor hanging on the door

7 Likes

Re: The New Lagos Danfo Bus Has Arrived Lagos (Photo) by princetom1(m): 7:37am On Jul 07, 2017
torres89:

let's estimate procedures for start up then u do the costing

1) land

2) construction of building

3) procurement of equipments

4) employment of labor and staffs

5) importation of materials

6) transportation to plant yard

7) cost of electricity during assembling

cool transportation of finished product

9) payment of staffs

10) logistics

procedure for importation of already finished product

1) govt negotiate with company. gets special discount

2) shipping​ , govt waves uncessary import and custom duties

3) commission project

4) logistics

hope you are happy now

ANY reasonable person wount go through this ur route at all. There are many assembly line in Nigeria now. Those can be use to save money, which i believe is cost effective than wat lag government did

5 Likes

Re: The New Lagos Danfo Bus Has Arrived Lagos (Photo) by princetom1(m): 7:39am On Jul 07, 2017
torres89:

really

you said many like there are more than 10 or 20

oya start listing them o

please don't mention Keke and okada assembling plant o.

I can't remember names now bt do a little Google search and u will know that there are, eg, peace mass transit has 1

1 Like

Re: The New Lagos Danfo Bus Has Arrived Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 07, 2017
princetom1:

Absolutely.

IVM can be given a mandate to deliver in specific time period and to a budget.

Many car companies loose money on some models.

Maybe a "yo IVM, do these 1,000 buses to spec in six months and within this budget and in return we'll buy 500 police pickup from you in 2018/2019 budget".

1 Like

Re: The New Lagos Danfo Bus Has Arrived Lagos (Photo) by princetom1(m): 9:24am On Jul 07, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Absolutely.

IVM can be given a mandate to deliver in specific time period and to a budget.

Many car companies loose money on some models.

Maybe a "yo IVM, do these 1,000 buses to spec in six months and within this budget and in return we'll buy 500 police pickup from you in 2018/2019 budget".

To specification will make perfect sense.
Re: The New Lagos Danfo Bus Has Arrived Lagos (Photo) by sukkot: 9:30am On Jul 07, 2017
that thing dont look strong and rugged. this type of bus is for civilized people. when nigerians struggle to enter this one they will tear the door down smiley

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Lagos Danfo Bus Has Arrived Lagos (Photo) by dbynonetwork: 9:31am On Jul 07, 2017
Hope it is an innoson bus..
You can't preach one Nigeria n go out to patronize other countries product...... That is backstabbing..

2 Likes

Re: The New Lagos Danfo Bus Has Arrived Lagos (Photo) by iambabaG: 9:32am On Jul 07, 2017
Awon enemies of progress will not like this.. They will have sleepless nights.. they will say they yellow is the color of Lagos!
They will be thinking of how to frustrate this noble project.
I just hope it will get to every nook and crany of the state.. because they have been somewhat elitist in the past!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Features Of Genesis GV80: The Car That Saved Tiger Woods' Life / Get A Good And Very Clean Cars From Cotonou @ Affordable Price / Bida Man And His Wooden Car At Expo 2016 In Abuja (photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.