Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,772 members, 7,806,127 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? (48787 Views)

Which Foreign Country Can I Travel To Without Visa / 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country / Can I Travel To Australia With N4.5 Million? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by omoluka: 7:40am On Sep 05, 2017
bigfrancis21:

I strongly recommend that you study in the US. With the N2.5m you have, that's about $6,700 dollars, I know some good and affordable universities here that the amount will cover your first year's school fees, while during your first year as you're schooling you are also working and saving up for the following year. To be honest, with such amount, you will do just fine here in the US. Check out this school:
University of Houston Victoria, they are giving $3,000 in scholarships automatically to every international student admitted and you also get another $3,000 scholarship which you can apply to your school fees (about $3,000+ per semester).

https://www.uhv.edu/international/apply/undergraduate-requirements/freshman-requirements/
https://www.uhv.edu/arts-and-sciences/undergraduate-programs/computer-science/

They are currently accepting applications for Spring 2018 (January 2018). Application fee is free, TOEFL is waived for Nigerian students. However, I strongly recommend you take the SAT exam for visa interview purposes as the visa officer will most likely ask you if you took an international exam (regardless of whether your university required it for admission or not).

Also, join this thread for prospective students like you and current US students where you learn more about the school application and visa preparation process for the US: https://www.nairaland.com/3905661/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part

Members there have a 90% and above visa approval success rate because you learn all that you need to know, with no agents required. Never use an agent, no matter what people may tell you, to process your US student visa process - you can do everything by yourself. Finally, now that you have mentioned having N2.5m naira, be very careful of crooks who might want to cheat you out of your money, claiming to be an agent or to offer you some needless services. There are a lot of crooks on this forum, so be careful. From applying online to submission of required documents, you can do all that yourself. There are also schools here called community colleges, which are 2-year institutions and cheaper than universities that many students (Americans and international students) go to for their first two years, then transfer to a university and finish up 3rd year and 4th year. This can be quite helpful as it saves you a lot of money in your first two years of undergraduate studies.

I strongly recommend the US because you would want a country with good economy and high job prospects where you can settle in comfortably in the long haul after studies. I see many people recommending Scandinavian countries and co., however you should go for a country where you feel comfortable living in after studies. The US still remains number 1. Goodluck.
Please, can you provide me with the list of good and affordable versities in US?
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by industrialchemi: 12:43am On Nov 06, 2017
crowley:

Where did you get your information from? who told you germany does not have free tution. tution in germany is free. you only pay union fee & semester fee which is nt up to €250. the downside is you need €8900 as proof of finance when applying for your residency visa. and the €8900 is to make sure you wont be liabity, so the money would be released to you when you get to germany. €8900 is abt 3.7m, but its your money to spend, because the embassy would release the money back to you once you get to germany. so if you can make it up this year, you can get in next year summer semester(april). would be happy to have you over TU munich. or you can try Estonia. heard its preety cheap there.
hi, I sent you a mail. Kindly reply please.
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by incomeboostng: 9:03am On Oct 04, 2018
China, Mauritius, etc to mention but a few
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 11:46am On Oct 04, 2018
sukkot:
togo

yeye man go and start business with that money. education is overrated.

grin cheesy grin
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by Jamestown123: 3:37pm On Oct 04, 2018
dammyjo112:
Hello NLanders, I am 20 years of age and intend going back to school to study computer science. I am interested in studying outside the country, since the CS courses here look crappy (I know this because i have helped some students with their school projects/assignment).

I have been able to save 2.5M in the past 9 months (Made from blogging). I make on average 200k per month. I don't have any properties (Land or House) in Nigeria. I have taken 4 gap years (Which might be an issue with my visa interviewer).

Considering all this limitation, Which (good) foreign country can i study in ? (I know germany no longer have free tuition, and other ones have crazy visa bond).
who told u Germany no longer have free tuition?
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by Jamestown123: 3:38pm On Oct 04, 2018
tensazangetsu20:
Why not get into a premier institution in Nigeria like unilag or UI. Strive to get a strong first class or second class upper and you can look to going to a world class institution for a masters or a PhD. That money won't get you a degree in any sound university. Not every university abroad is better than what we have in Nigeria.

However, that money can be put into learning professional courses. Computer science is a course where your skillset matters more than degrees. The ball is in your court, play it however you wish.

Don't waste your time, money or resources going to a nonsense school abroad.
Any university out side Nigeria is better than nigerian university
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by Jamestown123: 3:43pm On Oct 04, 2018
sukkot:
togo

yeye man go and start business with that money. education is overrated.
And business also is overrated. U think say na all people get head for business or if them start the business them go succeed. Always think and plan well before u talk
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by Jamestown123: 3:46pm On Oct 04, 2018
U can go to any south African school and continue ur blogging in south Africa or u can just wait till next year, gather enough money and apply for a school in Germany. Nigerian university no be am.
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by kaza4ka: 1:03pm On Apr 11, 2021
Adults will face this condition on a level: they have almost lost everything that they learned in school after graduating for a few years. In addition to a high workload, self-study in English is no-time and there is no inspiration. Often, while learned, the material they have learned is difficult to use flexibly. They lack faith and don't want to talk when they encounter foreigners. There are plenty of English learning https://liulingo.com/adult-english opportunities, but I can't find any suitable one... How do you teach adult English?
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by macromyk: 12:03pm On Nov 30, 2021
cowmanager2000:
Do you have a Bsc yet ?
If you do then you can do your masters in Japan
at affordable cost ..

Hello Brother. Pls I would like to have a chat with you regarding this comment. How can we do this? Thank you.
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by cowmanager2000: 11:00am On Dec 01, 2021
macromyk:

Hello Brother. Pls I would like to have a chat with you regarding this comment. How can we do this? Thank you.
send mail to rebomsegtor2000@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Loko Oweto Bridge, Benue River At Night. Very Beautiful... (Pictured) / Missing Russian Couple Found Dead After 12 Years In Their Car At Bottom Of River / Eko Boulevard Completed By Eko Atlantic City, Nigeria's 1st Eight Lane City Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.