Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

The Virtue Of Fasting Six Days Of Shawwaal - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Virtue Of Fasting Six Days Of Shawwaal (4365 Views)

The Virtues Of Fasting Six Days Of Shawwal / Missed Fasts From Ramadaan First Or The Six Days Of Shawwaal? / The Virtue Of Fasting Six Days Of Shawwaal After Ramadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Virtue Of Fasting Six Days Of Shawwaal by balash(m): 5:31am On Jul 07, 2017
Fasting six days of Shawwaal after the obligatory fast of Ramadaan is Sunnah Mustahabbah, not waajib. It is recommended for the Muslim to fast six days of Shawwaal, and in this there is great virtue and an immense reward. Whoever fasts these six days will have recorded for him a reward as if he had fasted a whole year, as was reported in a saheeh hadeeth from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Abu Ayyoob (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever fasts Ramadaan and follows it with six days of Shawwaal, it will be as if he fasted for a lifetime.” (Narrated by Muslim, Abu Dawood, al-Tirmidhi, al-Nisaa’i and Ibn Maajah).

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) explained this when he said: “Whoever fasts for six days after (Eid) al-Fitr has completed the year: (whoever does a good deed (hasanah) will have ten hasanah like it).” According to another report: “Allaah has made for each hasanah ten like it, so a month is like fasting ten months, and fasting six days completes the year.” (al-Nisaa’i and Ibn Maajah. See also Saheeh al-Targheeb wa’l-Tarheeb, 1/421). It was also narrated by Ibn Khuzaymah with the wording: “Fasting for the month of Ramadaan brings the reward of ten like it, and fasting for six days brings the reward of two months, and that is the fasting of the whole year.”

The Hanbali and Shaafa’i fuqaha’ explained that fasting six days of Shawwaal after fasting Ramadaan makes it as if one has fasted for an entire year of obligatory fasts, because the multiplication of the reward applies even to naafil fasts, because each hasanah brings the reward of ten like it.

Another of the important benefits of fasting six days of Shawwaal is that is makes up for any shortfall in a person's obligatory Ramadaan fasts, because no one is free of shortcomings or sins that have a negative effect on his fasting. On the Day of Resurrection, some of his naafil deeds will be taken to make up the shortcomings in his obligatory deeds, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The first thing for which people will be brought to account on the Day of Resurrection will be their salaah (prayer). Our Lord, may He be glorified and exalted, will say to His angels – although He knows best – ‘Look at the salaah of My slave, whether it is complete or incomplete.’ If it is perfect, it will be recorded as perfect, and if something is lacking, He will say, ‘Look and see whether My slave did any voluntary (naafil) prayers.’ If he did some voluntary prayers, [Allaah] will say, Complete the obligatory actions of My slave from his voluntary actions.’ Then all his actions will be dealt with in a similar manner.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood).

And Allaah knows best.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Virtue Of Fasting Six Days Of Shawwaal by Krystaal(m): 10:19am On Jul 07, 2017
Allahu Akbar ... FIRST TO COMMENT!!... At last, I dedicate this my FTC to our long lost president.... Wish him quick recovery... grin

4 Likes

Re: The Virtue Of Fasting Six Days Of Shawwaal by Targatarga(f): 10:19am On Jul 07, 2017
Allahu Akbar

2 Likes

Re: The Virtue Of Fasting Six Days Of Shawwaal by Esji80(m): 10:30am On Jul 07, 2017
May Allah reward you abundantly for this reminder.ameeen

1 Like

Re: The Virtue Of Fasting Six Days Of Shawwaal by balash(m): 10:33am On Jul 07, 2017
Krystaal:
Allahu Akbar ... FIRST TO COMMENT!!... At last, I dedicate this my FTC to our long lost president.... Wish him quick recovery... grin

Be considerate with your muslim brother with every ounce of words u speak and as well respect and be very tolerant with your leader always! May Almighty Allah grant him shifa and grant all our heart desires in this ummah!!
Re: The Virtue Of Fasting Six Days Of Shawwaal by jy2kbeyond(m): 10:41am On Jul 07, 2017
Can one fast it one at a time. I mean one today and one again on Thursday till one finishes it?
Re: The Virtue Of Fasting Six Days Of Shawwaal by balash(m): 10:47am On Jul 07, 2017
jy2kbeyond:
Can one fast it one at a time. I mean one today and one again on Thursday till one finishes it?

Anyhow u want to fast it, u can! But if u for any reason fast on a Friday then u need to fast the next day too. Apart from that! Other days can be instrumental anyway u want it to be!! Allah knows best..
Re: The Virtue Of Fasting Six Days Of Shawwaal by MKO4ever(m): 11:14am On Jul 07, 2017
balash:

Anyhow u want to fast it, u can! But if u for any reason fast on a Friday then u need to fast the next day too. Apart from that! Other days can be instrumental anyway u want it to be!! Allah knows best..

I don't understand, why is it compulsory for me to fast on Saturday because I had fasted on Friday?
Re: The Virtue Of Fasting Six Days Of Shawwaal by swtdrms(m): 11:41am On Jul 07, 2017
MKO4ever:

I don't understand, why is it compulsory for me to fast on Saturday because I had fasted on Friday?

To single out Friday for fasting is highly discouraged, this is because Friday is a small eid (a day of festivity) while it is haram to fast on a festive day. For this reason it is encouraged to fast a day before or after. Hope this explanation clears they grey area
Re: The Virtue Of Fasting Six Days Of Shawwaal by Teeboi56: 12:04pm On Jul 07, 2017
Alhamdulillah robil alarmin I ave Don my fasting
for those dat re yet to complete their fasting May Allah subhanau wataala give u strength to do so Insha Allah

2 Likes

Re: The Virtue Of Fasting Six Days Of Shawwaal by Ayatul(m): 12:44pm On Jul 07, 2017
balash:

I had fasted three days in a row( Wednesday, Thursday and Friday). I intend travelling On the following day, Saturday,is it compulsory upon me to fast on Saturday?
Re: The Virtue Of Fasting Six Days Of Shawwaal by moufan: 5:06pm On Jul 07, 2017
nice one op,jazakhumllahu akhiran
Re: The Virtue Of Fasting Six Days Of Shawwaal by generaluthman: 5:52pm On Jul 07, 2017
Insha Allah I'll benefit from it
Re: The Virtue Of Fasting Six Days Of Shawwaal by balash(m): 9:13pm On Jul 07, 2017
Ayatul:

I had fasted three days in a row( Wednesday, Thursday and Friday). I intend travelling On the following day, Saturday,is it compulsory upon me to fast on Saturday?

No! U fasted a day before Friday already, the explanation on there is for those who started fasting on a Friday
Re: The Virtue Of Fasting Six Days Of Shawwaal by Ayatul(m): 8:33am On Jul 08, 2017
balash:

No! U fasted a day before Friday already, the explanation on there is for those who started fasting on a Friday
Jazakah Laha Khairan. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

New Quran Developed In Kuwait! / What Is "Dariqa Muslims": Political Understanding of Muslim Divisions/Groups / Pls Your Advise For The New Muslim Lady I Met

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.