Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,987 members, 7,799,384 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:08 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (694012 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Timi1990(m): 3:29pm On Jul 09, 2017
For those people interested in making Wes evaluation payment and other application fee online; kindly send me a PM.

NB: no sevis payment for now please .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:38pm On Jul 09, 2017
samieola:
Una kana 4 dis thread no reply to my questions. Na wa oooo......na big wa.....

There are thousands of schools in america so there are schools hardly anyone can give you feedback....so its left for you to do your own reseach if that's a good fit

Also california is generally an expensive state so chances are rent and living expenses will be high for a student so schools in California might not be popular due to the high exchange rate

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 09, 2017
Please who can help with the payment of sevis fees..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 4:07pm On Jul 09, 2017
samieola:
every info you need is on the internet, nobody here is kana

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 09, 2017
princeGee23:
AM still here with the family, trying to arrange things against #fall2017 and catching up from where i stopped in part 11... I don't wanna be caught off guard....

God bless all for the wonderful contribution so far.....
hello bro.. going for fall 2017 too..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Senatorbee(m): 5:00pm On Jul 09, 2017
freshyabstel:

I used ECE and it was superb. I would advise u use them. Thank u
what was your Nigeria CGPA and the outcome after been evaluated
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by folmus: 5:05pm On Jul 09, 2017
DeeTus:
I did not talk about the number of candidates. I only talked about "self-sponsor" because she thinks it's not good enough when heading to the embassy for visa.

Try to comprehend well next time.

You seem to be confused even after explaining what you should know. I alongside LagosismyHome alluded to 'ideal situation'; her submission was not it's not good enough: she said in an ideal situation but still if you can defend yourself in front of the VO. So what's ambiguous that you find difficult to comprehend?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by towbaynah(m): 5:06pm On Jul 09, 2017
For those trying to book

QATAR AIRWAYS
LAG-JFK (1way)
26TH, JULY 2017
N264,600 on Travelbeta

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Everest1989(m): 5:17pm On Jul 09, 2017
If anyone is applying for University of Houston, Texas...please contact me through my signature let's rob mind together.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 09, 2017
samieola:

Please am also looking for info about the school please can you PM me?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 09, 2017
folmus:

You seem to be confused even after explaining what you should know. I alongside LagosismyHome alluded to 'ideal situation'; her submission was not it's not good enough: she said in an ideal situation but still if you can defend yourself in front of the VO. So what's ambiguous that you find difficult to comprehend?
Ideal situation? It's laughable. If you agree upon that self-sponsor is not good enough, then you have to question why the VOs issue visas on that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TheGreat342: 5:22pm On Jul 09, 2017
Gbemisolarh:
Has anyone ever used GLOBAL EDUCATION for evaluation of Transcript please?

How did you go about it?

You mean GCE?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by AKswift: 5:29pm On Jul 09, 2017
Any current/newly admitted grad. student of Cleveland State Uni.?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by AKswift: 5:30pm On Jul 09, 2017
Any current or newly admitted grad. student of Cleveland State Uni.?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by RaeMystix: 5:48pm On Jul 09, 2017
ukrsc:
Morning house.
Need advice
Interview tomorrow...
I am a graduate of uni of lags computer science ...Applied for a nursing course at a college in texas.. I have being to the US once. . Pls any likly advice or possible questions.
Why the change in major?. Why don't u go for ur Masters in Computer Science ?.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ukrsc: 5:58pm On Jul 09, 2017
RaeMystix:

Why the change in major?. Why don't u go for ur Masters in Computer Science ?.

I want to start a new degree all afresh.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ukrsc: 6:02pm On Jul 09, 2017
neurosci:

LagosismyHome, I want to know more about this. Please, tell me more by expatiating.

@ lagosismyhome... I have always wanted to study nursing but due to pressure from family just to enter the university I went with computer. Now my husband wants me to study a second degree in nursing. We have both being to the US last year. But he is back in the country and he is sponsoring me. I already have a b1/b2 visa. Spent 1 month in the state last year.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by RaeMystix: 6:09pm On Jul 09, 2017
ukrsc:

I want to start a new degree all afresh.
Okay.!...Wish you goodluck.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by eniolorunfe: 6:16pm On Jul 09, 2017
ashkenking:
Please who can help with the payment of sevis fees..

Contact tosjame on his siggy. Thank me later wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ukrsc: 6:17pm On Jul 09, 2017
@ lagosismyhome... I have always wanted to study nursing but due to pressure from family just to enter the university I went with computer. Now my husband wants me to study a second degree in nursing. We have both being to the US last year. But he is back in the country and he is sponsoring me. I already have a b1/b2 visa. Spent 1 month in the state last year.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ayindesegun10(m): 6:32pm On Jul 09, 2017
ukrsc:
I don't think you have any problem, infact your b1/b2 visa shows proof that you'll return home after your studies in the states. Concerning your second degree application, present your case to the consular in your view and unbiased opinion, say nothing but the truth and you may (or may not ) add some legal spices wink to your presentation. Go on, apply and set sail once again for the God's own country. Cheers and Goodluck on all your endeavors.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:33pm On Jul 09, 2017
ukrsc:

If that what you always wanted then let nobody stop you.... although it should be what u really want and not your husband

however ever rough the road is just keep your eyes on the end goal and press on.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Bibiakonure: 6:54pm On Jul 09, 2017
towbaynah:
VISA APPROVED TODAY. 6:30AM. WALTER CARRINGTON

The following is based on actual events wink

towbaynah cinemas cheesy

In conjunction with

Nairaland pictures grin

Presents

Another Good Story cool

5th April, 2017

It was a quiet hot afternoon in the city of Ikotun, Lagos state. I was in the living room of my apartment perusing my admission letter. I had just been offered... (Make I no bore una biko) lol.

Fast forward to the morning of this day. I woke up by 2:20AM to use the restroom. Sleep must have remained there because as I got back to my room and jumped on my bed, I didn't get of any of it for the rest of the morning.

While on the bed, I peeped my WhatsApp to see uplifting messages from this awesome gentleman, cmbagwu. He's been of immense help during this period of my preparation for the Interview; from giving me mock interviews to answering all my questions on WhatsApp. Big ups to you, man. Alright, cutting to the chase.

Left my place at Ikotun at about 4:30am. Got to the embassy an hour later. We were made to wait till around 6:15 or so. Security checks followed. That took about 15 minutes. Finally, I saw myself waiting in line to be interviewed. I was number six on the queue.

The window closest to the biometric screening point was the first to resume. A bulky Caucasian female who looked like she might be in her mid-fifties. She approved the first person she interviewed. She denied the second. The second sef no try at all; one girl like that. When she was asked, why do you want to advance to the Masters level, she replied somewhat incoherently, "I like school, education is passion, sorry, my passion, I like education and school". There and then, I silently began hailing all the beautiful minds I met on this thread.

Window 1 was the next to resume. The young man before me was instructed to head there. I was instructed to wait behind him. Dude was denied. Sad something. He wanted to attend a UN conference or run away from Naija, can't say. But I was next in line, standing in front of the VO of Asian descent. The following exchange took place.

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning (in a uniquely fake american accent)
VO: Passport and I-20.
Me: {tried to hand them to him, instead of just dropping it for him to pick}
VO: Drop them
Me: Eh?
VO: {Called the attention of the CGI Lady} Did you forget to remind them to drop their documents and not hold on to them?
Me: {I felt my intestines form a knot in my stomach as the CGI lady gave me a guy-you-fall-my-hand look}
VO: Why are you going to the US?
Me: I'm going for a Master of Public Administration at East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, with a concentration in Economic Development and Planning.
VO: When did you finish?
Me: 2013
VO: Have you been to the US before?
Me: No. I've not had a reason to. {I was surprise here because after telling him I finished school 2013, I expected him to ask what I've been doing since then. He didn't}
VO: How will you fund your education at ETSU?
Me: I was awarded the International Merit Award by the school which would defray 50% of my tuition costs. My Uncle would foot the rest.
VO: What's your Uncle's name?
Me: Lagbaja Omolagbaja
VO: What does he do?
Me: He's a Marketing Manager with Shell
VO: How long has he been with Shell?
Me: Over 15 years
VO: Oh. {Typing away}. I'll be approving your visa. Bla bla bla

That is it o, my people. Here's my two cents on how to be successful at the interview. Make sure you answer your first question very very well and be as eloquent as possible.

Shout out to all those who contributed to making this possible. Drhopeful, Time2Smile, Scholastica16, happyday, tescoman90, texrem, LagosismyHome, Mayflowa, phdmscbsc, igbonerd, electronic, iCool, seeker88, Okusi, Topiipii, Christian129. The list goes on and on.

I hope this helps somebody or posterity. Thank you all!
congratulations tobe. Good to see your transcript

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by lizababy: 7:06pm On Jul 09, 2017
Please is there anyone in University of Alabama at Birmingham
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Victorjoel(m): 7:21pm On Jul 09, 2017
Senatorbee:
please respond to my pm

Its been weeks I did that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Kingbukaz: 7:39pm On Jul 09, 2017
Babaa, please are there schools you can suggest to me that give tuition waiver for Msc in Human resource? So I can check there requirements.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ecoleco: 7:53pm On Jul 09, 2017
Victorjoel:
please house, As students are we allowed to book one way flight?
I need urgent response please

You should book one way flight.

Do you know precisely when your program would finish as to book a return? Even at that, I don't know that airlines can have flight schedules years ahead of time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ecoleco: 8:04pm On Jul 09, 2017
anodebeanthony:
PLEASE GUYS I NEED YOUR HELP

I made a mistake on my DS160 and I already submit and booked for interview. Is there a way to edit it or cancel that one and fill another?

On submission, you will get a message that the information submitted cannot be changed anymore. I suggest you go through with this visa appointment, you never know, the Vo may not even ask you anything in the area where the mistake was made.

I didn't have experience amending or canceling anything so anybody that did might add to what has been said so far.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by amanze15(m): 8:13pm On Jul 09, 2017
Just bored.

Career paths keep revolutionizing in this part of the world, specialties evolving, you can't be a civil engineer anymore its either you are into soils or water or staring at structural plans. I always wanted to be a geologist, I got the US and I was asked "what type of Geology do you want to pursue a career in", with my mouth ajar, I picked a dynamic path. I got to a career fair and I got to know the new kid on the block is "management" because it differentiates you from other guys.
It's so encouraging to see how Nigerians who actually come to school in the US progress under the best learning conditions, it's so sad our educational system in Nigeria is in a dire need for a reboot.
shout-out to the "virtual leaders" on here, congratulations to the ones bound for the US this fall safe travels.

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.