Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (391) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (694471 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Scholastica16: 2:02pm On Nov 29, 2017
gokuu:

You have to submit GRE scores in January, and you’re registering to take the exams in late December. That says a lot about your own judgement. You’re not in any position to be questioning anybody’s judgement or intellect, TBH.

grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by platypelloid: 2:02pm On Nov 29, 2017
i'm not Surprised ,That's how far you can see!
gokuu:

You have to submit GRE scores in January, and you’re registering to take the exams in late December. That says a lot about your own judgement. You’re not in any position to be questioning anybody’s judgement or intellect, TBH.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gokuu(m): 2:02pm On Nov 29, 2017
femi312:
If you cant see the point, just move along
That’s the point. You were making no sense.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by kekenation(m): 2:04pm On Nov 29, 2017
Just tell us the truth of your denial!
Take it back.
Tekecoms1:
Visa almost approved today but was delayed because of a silly mistake I made.
The visa officer asked me the date that I took GRE and I gave him a wrong month saying July/11/2017 as against June/11/2017.
I can't but laugh at myself for my stupidity and school is resuming January 10.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gokuu(m): 2:05pm On Nov 29, 2017
platypelloid:
i'm not Surprised ,That's how far you can see!

Anyways, this thread for VISAS. Go to the GRE thread to continue your feigned outrage!

Visa people please come back.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Scholastica16: 2:07pm On Nov 29, 2017
femi312:
okay if I tell you to help buy a blue shirt, would you buy a red shirt because the seller didn't have a blue shirt? And you would put the blame on me later that why didn't I check if blue is available? My point is, they are a professional organization and they should behave as such. However that's why we always encourage the attitude of do it yourself here but then what is wrong is wrong, no two way to it. Seems to me you have personal issue with the guy.

Gokuu's reply is enough but let me just add. What if wearing a shirt is what would save your life and you were only being finicky by specifying the color you wanted?

What if, the blue shirt was completely sold on the day you asked for it and if they did not buy the red shirt on that very day, it too, would have completely sold out?

I have no personal issues with the guy whatsoever. I know he is a petulant old man with the temperament of a child.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ayat1209(m): 2:09pm On Nov 29, 2017
Hello fam., 

my school refused to send an email copy of my i20, but I persuaded them to send me the SEVIS number which they did. My questions are:

1- can I fill ds 160 and book an interview date without my i20 hard copy? 
2- I do I fill request for an expedited appointment at the Abuja consulate office.? 

Note- my i20 should be in Nigeria in the next 4-5 business days. Thanks for your contribution.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by platypelloid: 2:10pm On Nov 29, 2017
Mr Femi312
please ignore this hippopotamus called gokku.
femi312:
If you cant see the point, just move along
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 2:13pm On Nov 29, 2017
gokuu:

lol you read my mind. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Salomena: 2:25pm On Nov 29, 2017
Gmat 2017 material available. Halla for your copy. Private chat inorder not to derail the topic. Salomena123 atgmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Salomena: 2:26pm On Nov 29, 2017
2018 official guide also available

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 2:44pm On Nov 29, 2017
Ayat1209:
Hello fam., 

my school refused to send an email copy of my i20, but I persuaded them to send me the SEVIS number which they did. My questions are:

2- I do I fill request for an expedited appointment at the Abuja consulate office.? 

Note- my i20 should be in Nigeria in the next 4-5 business days. Thanks for your contribution.

patience my dear. If your I-20 is coming in 5 days, why don't you wait?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by soleexx(m): 3:12pm On Nov 29, 2017
Pls guys Whats your advice on Couple attending US Embassy with there little son to apply for visa...For a visit/tourist to the States... and what are the likely questions they should be ready to provide... Thankz
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by elliotogbebor(m): 3:23pm On Nov 29, 2017
soleexx:
Pls guys Whats your advice on Couple attending US Embassy with there little son to apply for visa...For a visit/tourist to the States... and what are the likely questions they should be ready to provide... Thankz

kindly make use of the tourist thread for your questions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Senate111: 3:32pm On Nov 29, 2017
[quote author=TWoods post=62805243]

I like your last line. In there lies the irony that you obviously missed. It seems God’s “favor” only exists in countries where people are too incompetent to rule themselves. Favor is simply grace unmerited. Favor is being able to wake up when others don’t, it is being blessed to breathe, enjoy good health and long life. Favor is NOT when you obtain a visa. The decision on whether a visa is issued or not isn’t based on how long you prayed or how well you fasted. It’s based on the fact that you met a clear set of criteria best known to the VO who interviewed you. Others may not get visas, but you don’t get to see the rationale for why they were denied. You have zero idea if they had once misrepresented themselves in previous applications. You have no clue if they have prior histories of visa denials... to say you were favored over them is to perpetuate the stereotype that we are a lazy people overly dependent on the spiritual since we are unable to think for ourselves. If we were competent enough to run a corrupt-free country, where everyone does the right thing, we won’t need a visa to go to America in the first place.

Let’s get real, we pray really hard, not because we love God, but because there is no hope elsewhere. We are simply emergency “Christians”, forced to lean on the spiritual in the face of grinding poverty and pervasive despondency.

I do not depend on favor to have electricity at home or travel to Germany tomorrow. I just benefit from being part of a society where integrity and hard work is favored over endless hypocritical church going. [/quotel]

Greetings Mr TWood.

I guess you read what I wrote but fail to understand. I never insinuated that God's favour will have your bills paid, working hard and earning will. But its Gods favour plus your works that will get you the means of paying ur bills. No matter how smart you are believe me there others smarter than you.

You may have your reservation about Christianity and I personally don't care, Its between you and your God. What you call hard work I call grace, what you call luck I call favour.

You said we pray really hard because there is no hope anywhere. I guess your hope is in a system that works. I don't know about others but my hope is in God and am not an emergency "christian" like you said.

You talk as if you are not a Nigerian. Why don't you bring your competency down to Nigeria and rule us.

Less I forget, safe trip to Germany.
Note: hard work and being in a country where competent ppl rule themselves won't get you there safely, but God will.

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by babbs45: 3:33pm On Nov 29, 2017
soleexx:

Ask your questions here:

https://www.nairaland.com/4116999/usa-visit-visa-part-3
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by femi312: 3:38pm On Nov 29, 2017
Ayat1209:
Hello fam., 

1) Sure you can so far they have sent you the correct SEVIS number but my advice for you is wait till you see the i20 before you submit your DS 160 2) Yes you can if you have a good reason
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ayat1209(m): 3:40pm On Nov 29, 2017
Thank you sir. But my school resumes by 16 January and the earliest date in Abuja consular office is 4th of January.. That's the problem am having right now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ayat1209(m): 3:42pm On Nov 29, 2017
Thanks bro.. But can I book an appointment without submitting the ds 160?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 3:46pm On Nov 29, 2017
[quote author=Senate111 post=62824919][/quote]

If you think hard work is grace, then I dare say you’ve just eloquently described why Nigeria and the United States are what they are today. Americans lean on grace - the grace to be considered worthy to be heirs of Jesus despite being born in sin. They also value the virtues of hard work, creativity and innovation. You on the other hand think hard work is a waste of time. You want “grace” to obtain benefits you haven’t worked for. Well it sounds like the Americans got it right.

I can’t come back to rule you... it would be frustrating having to deal with people who want to generate electricity by grace alone.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gbaby4live: 3:49pm On Nov 29, 2017
napa:
Glory be to Almighty God for His mercies endures forever. I was granted my visa today despite the denial two weeks ago. Thanks to everyone who makes out time to vet transcripts on this forum, you guys rock. My transcript is as follows :
Vo- Good morning, pass me your I -20 and passport
Me- Good morning, passed what she requested for
Vo- How many schools did you apply to
Me - I considered 3 schools(named other 2 schools ) but applied to only Adelphi University because their curriculum for mba finance fitted properly to my future goals and ambition to become the head of investment banking in my organisation in the next four years. I noticed the curriculum of the 2 other universities was basically on finance and I needed something extra to enable me manage people well as a leader which Adelphi has.
Vo-why are you taking a second language course
Me-(sincerely didn't know the response to give but i said the second language course is a pathway program for all international students to get acclimatised with the system.....vo cuts in
Vo- why not do an online degree rather than travelling for an mba
Me- i won't get the exposure and experience i need for my leadership role by taking online courses
Vo-what courses are you required to take
Me-investment analysis,corporate finance, international trade......
Vo-what is investment analysis
Me-the decision corporate organisations take to invest shareholders fund for maximum returns
Vo-who is your sponsor
Me- my husband
Vo-what does he do
Me- he works for xyz as a commercial and consumer manager and he runs his own business by the side aside from his day job.
Vo-how much does he earn
Me-about 750k monthly
Vo-tell me about your admission process
Me-i contacted the school's admission office, submitted my credentials , statement of purpose and other requirements after that I wrote ielts and I scored a band of 7.5. I have already made a deposit of $8,000
Vo- can I see a proof of the deposit
Me- (checked all documents with me but the proof was missing in action )
VO-tell me about your study plan
Me-I'm required to do a 33 unit course (mentioned about 3)
Vo-handed me white paper

I return all glory, honour and adoration to God for it just by his grace alone, not how well you can blow grammar, was jittery at a point but God showed his mercies.

@K199192, always make findings before advising people...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by femi312: 3:49pm On Nov 29, 2017
Scholastica16:

Gokuu's reply is enough but let me just add. What if wearing a shirt is what would save your life and you were only being finicky by specifying the color you wanted?

What if, the blue shirt was completely sold on the day you asked for it and if they did not buy the red shirt on that very day, it too, would have completely sold out?

I have no personal issues with the guy whatsoever. I know he is a petulant old man with the temperament of a child.
All these talks about being finicky is not the point. The point is quite simple, If blue shirt was completely sold out, the onus falls on the buyer to contact the person who sent him. This wont take more than 1min to call. Because I am getting GRE at a discount doesn't mean you should treat me like I am begging or a slave. His timing for registering is his personal problem not Mafit, if I say register me for a date and the date is not available, the right thing to do for a professional organization is to contact me and tell me. its obvious its not their first time, someone up there said they did the same thing to him, says alot about the way they conduct business.We all send people to get stuffs for us on a daily basis and most times they call back to say I didn't get so so so and so, should I buy this instead etc. That is how it works, that is the right thing to do. Not to derail this thread, I wont comment on this again.

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:51pm On Nov 29, 2017
Ayat1209:
Hello fam., 

if you are sure your i20 will come by next week then best to go ahead and book the appointment so that all the dates are not booked up .... Just give some days allowance incase i20 is delayed.

Even that 4th of January is so late , try and see if you can find a date closer like mid December
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ayat1209(m): 3:52pm On Nov 29, 2017
Thank you Madam..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by k199192: 3:58pm On Nov 29, 2017
gbaby4live:

@K199192, always make findings before advising people...
like I told you I read thru all of them in the links and I did not see any. I might have omitted some so it appears. Thanks for the clarification.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gbaby4live: 4:05pm On Nov 29, 2017
k199192:
like I told you I read thru all of them in the links and I did not see any. I might have omitted some so it appears. Thanks for the clarification.

No problem bro..

You can get more transcripts by typing " VO 'your course' "on the search bar here to get more transcripts...
NB: without quotes

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Dupsaw: 4:15pm On Nov 29, 2017
abeeolars:
Goodmorning Guys,

This thread has been very helpful i must confess. I was interviewed yesterday morning and i got the VISA. So here is a little way to give back and say thank you. First of all i want to say a big thank you to everyone who comes back here from time to time to drop their transcript, a big thank you to OMOLUABI for the series of mock, also to my whatsapp nairaland group members, especially Dupsaw and Therighteous for their own mock interviews and advice too. It felt like a small family with you guys and i pray that every member of our whatsapp group gets their visas as well.

Ok, i left my Ikoyi apartment around 4.15am, i said my final prayers, ordered for taxify and by 4.30am i was at the embassy. I was the first person to arrive and it felt super cool, infact it felt like i won a medal LOL. I actually wore my best suit, best shoes, and i was looking all corporate, and i felt so confident. I had already read here to ignore those embassy touts, so i didnt even pay any attention. People started arriving at about 5am and by 6am the embassy was filled up.

I did try as much as possible to maintain my front area position, fast forward to 6.30am, two officers came out from the embassy and told us to form a queue, chai some fast guys took my front position. Anyways i was amongst the first batch and i did all the necessary finger prints and i was later directed to the white guy at Desk 1.I noticed some mistakes that some people made that i will like to address; when you get to the embassy, dont go about making new friends, gisting and hanging around, it may cause you some distraction, just focus on the mission at hand, also dress sense is also important as your appearance counts alot, for the Men, try to get a clean haircut and a clean shave, remove all those beards, dress in a manner that the VO will be convinced that you are a responsible fellow, dont come wearing some canvas and looking hipy, or some random outfit, for the ladies too dress like some

You can drop your phone number if you need mock. x

Congratulations uncle
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Senate111: 4:16pm On Nov 29, 2017
TWoods:

If you think hard work is grace, then I dare say you’ve just eloquently described why Nigeria and the United States are what they are today. Americans lean on grace - the grace to be considered worthy to be heirs of Jesus despite being born in sin. They also value the virtues of hard work, creativity and innovation. You on the other hand think hard work is a waste of time. You want “grace” to obtain benefits you haven’t worked for. Well it sounds like the Americans got it right.

I can’t come back to rule you... it would be frustrating having to deal with people who want to generate electricity by grace alone.

If you agree that grace is hardwork and grace is from God, what then is the argument. All am saying is that it take more than just thinking its by your effort alone. cos your hard work alone will only lead to frustration.

We both agree on one thing though. You can't rule in Nigeria. We know there is a problem somewhere and we need a change of mind set not on issues on innovation and creativity because we have that in abbundant but on leadership and those who are being led.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by k199192: 4:41pm On Nov 29, 2017
gbaby4live:

No problem bro..

You can get more transcripts by typing " VO 'your course' "on the search bar here to get more transcripts...
NB: without quotes
Wow thanks for the hint.

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.