Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (407) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (695275 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gokuu(m): 11:02pm On Dec 04, 2017
scaezar:

Lol. You lost the plot fam!
Someone learnt a new phrase!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 11:08pm On Dec 04, 2017
odewole16:
Pls, wen is d latest date fr interview in Lagos as of today

December 20 2017. Over 50 slots are available for this day. It may not fill up until the next couple of days.

PS: for all those asking, it is very easy to find out the earliest available interview date. Simply create your profile on, https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/, if you haven't already, then start filling out the pages. At around page 5 or so, at the middle left-hand side you would see the earliest available date showing.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 11:12pm On Dec 04, 2017
Damilare5882:
Hello house .. how many days does it takes to be able to pick an issued visa (passport).... had my interview last week Tuesday...

You don't track your passport/visa there. It is not always correct. You should receive an email/text from the embassy when passport has been picked up.

This is where you go to track your visa: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=WwjqOlbeRYzCYubaSQI+RA==

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Messibliss207(f): 11:23pm On Dec 04, 2017
Hello house, I need help asap.
While filling my ds160, I didn't include my past education (didn't see space for that) just input my job only. I have BA Engliah language and now going for Bsc Computer Information Systems. I've done a couple of short IT courses and I currently work in an IT firm. Do I have to fill out another DS to show my previous education or what..?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by biikeys(m): 11:41pm On Dec 04, 2017
jerrypeacelinks:

Thanks for your response.
As at the time of my last interview (Tuesday last week):
1. My GRE score was 299 (149 V, 150 Q and 4.0 AW) which the VO requested and I presented to her.
2. She didn't ask for my sponsor's bank statement. Just asked me who he is and what he does.
3. I applied to 3 schools, however i had admits from Texas A & M University, Kingsville Texas and Indiana University, Southbend, Inidiana. I chose the first anyway cos they offered my concentration, gave me free in-campus housing scholarship and a tuition waiver which will qualify me to pay my tuition like an in-state Texan resident. Texas A&M University though offered me Statistical Analysis, Computing and Modelling (though I-20 had it as Maths and Statistics, while Indiana University offered me Applied Maths and Computer Science. I chose TAMUK cos they had a lot of courses that will ensure I become a big data analyst. Courses like big data computing and analytics, applied predictive analytics, numerical analysis, to mention but a few.

That's all I can point out with regards your response. I appreciate your response and hope to learn and read more from you.

Your profile is okay..and since not much appears to have changed, you could just tell the VO you didn't have a chance to properly present your case, if asked. Frankly, your last interview transcript looks okay as well. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by biikeys(m): 11:42pm On Dec 04, 2017
LagosismyHome:

What makes you think biikeys is a Ma/female grin

Lol..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by kallowdean(m): 11:48pm On Dec 04, 2017
you never apply ................ grin
U be late comer oooo!!!
lovelin1993:

yeah,i'm applyn to d skul
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by dayoseun70: 12:12am On Dec 05, 2017
TWoods:

Have you read the above post by cojunior? Or have you ignored it totally in favor of "mock interviews"?
I'm sorry please,what does the post by cojuniour have t do with a mock visa interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by erniesail: 12:16am On Dec 05, 2017
Ollybee1234:

His 38
Masters in project management
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology

Age has nothing to do with his visa denial. I've seen people in their 40's going for their master's and they were issued visas.

Is his present job related to the course he intends to study abroad?
Does he have ties with his home country? (Either by family or Job)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by vikturaikay(m): 12:24am On Dec 05, 2017
God take control

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ccbaron(m): 1:11am On Dec 05, 2017
i want to register for SAT please house i need guideline on this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by josiahese(m): 1:14am On Dec 05, 2017
Jude09:
Hello gurus, please I need your help with mock interviews in preparation for my interview slated for Friday 8th dec

1. I got admission to North Carolina a&t state uni for Ms in Information Technology.
2. I did neither toelf nor gre.

Please I'm on whatsapp on 08138223038.
All the Best Man.
North Carolina that's my favorite city

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Dupsaw: 2:13am On Dec 05, 2017
Messibliss207:
While filling my ds160, I didn't include my past education (didn't see space for that) just input my job only. I have BA Engliah language and now going for Bsc Computer Information Systems. I've done a couple of short IT courses and I currently work in an IT firm. Do I have to fill out another DS to show my previous education or what..?

Not to worry, that part does not pop up for female...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by fisayoprisca: 2:52am On Dec 05, 2017
Thank you everyone at nairaland. Here is my visa transcript. My interview was last Wednesday although I was previously denied on August 7, 2017 and I shared my transcripts here on Nairaland.
My VO was a White Man and he had previously denied two people before me. I do not know the window number but the window was the one to the extreme end stthe right hand side.

VO- good morning Madame
Me- good morning
VO- what are you going to do in the US
Me- I would be the US to pursue my master in Liberal Arts concentration in Gender and Diversity studies at East Tennessee State University.
VO- are you married?
Me-no, I am single.
VO- what is your highest level of degree?
Me- I have a BA French
VO- what year?
Me-February 2015
VO-How many universities did you apply to?
Me- 3 ETSU, WVU and UC ( although I said all in full)
VO- how many gave you admission?
Me- ETSU and Wright state university.
VO- so why this Etsu?
Me- etsu is an interdisciplinary and research based in institution that will equip me with the necessary skills and knowledge both practical and theoretical that would allow me to develop my creative capabilities and that will allow me to solve the problem of child marriage, girl child education and problem of inequality that besets women in a patriarchal society like Nigeria. (Then he cuts in)
VO- so do mean Wright state does not have all this.
Me- no, Wright has but I also chose ETSU because of it faculty program of 16 to 1 students- 16 students to 1 lecturer and also I was awarded an international Merit Scholarship which I would not like to lose because it will allow me to learn and also collaborate.
(Then he stopped looked at me and began typing, and later he raised his head up)
VO- who is your sponsor?
Me- my aunty
VO- what is her name?
Me- .... I said it
VO- do you have her bank statements with you?
Me- yes.
VO- can I have it?
Me- then I began checking my file abd I found it then gave it to him. ( then he went through it for some minutes then typed. Then he raises he head up again looked at me and posed another question.
VO- what are the tools that ETSU will equip you with and how are you going to use it.
Me- then I began again, ETSU is a research and interdisciplinary based institution and apart from this it is a school that encourages diversity by admitting students from different part of the world, students from different continent, of which diversity is fundamental to my course. Learning from other cultures allows me to understand different cultures and Diversity management and also it also me to understand human interaction and culture which will be useful in training young girls in seeing themselves as change pushers in their society and not see themselves as instruments of subservient services.

Then finally he began typing and placed my passport at one side and he stretched one hand to the white paper and he said pick it up at isolo. That was I packed my stuffs oo.

All round favour to those awaiting interviews.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by alaya40: 3:46am On Dec 05, 2017
HonNellymike12:

Let me see if I av learnt something here by answering u with this, tell the VO how many credits u need to complete to get the MSC degree, how many years to complete the degree , state few or all the courses as the case may be that u will be required to take, the VO might cut u off and u may not be able to state all the courses required for your MSC, above all be confident. I hope am making sense with this.

Thanks man for this. I really appreciate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by lovelyonps: 3:58am On Dec 05, 2017
I have the same issue too, and my interview is tomorrow, I plan on leaving it like that then explain if asked at the interview, I'll carry my bacheler's certificate with me, just in case tho.

Messibliss207:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by alaya40: 4:35am On Dec 05, 2017
Let me be frank, advise me accordingly.

I actually applied to Spring 2018 admission at TAMUC and got admitted. But cos of the fact that applying to one school is not good enough for F1 status, I applied to two more schools for fall admission cos spring application is already closed.

my question therefrom,

Is there problem if asked question, 'how many sch did you apply to?' and I answer 3?

Is there no problem getting admission to only one sch out of the three?

Although, I am not planning to say anything about application for fall 2018 admisssion.

Please, help me on this. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:18am On Dec 05, 2017
Ollybee1234:

His 38
Masters in project management
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology

38 or over 40 is still an ok age to go for masters.. . I am surprised when i see that comment stating otherwise here. Career progression has no age limit

Nobody can ascertain what went wrong for sure but posting the full transcript might provide more insight

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Dupsaw: 5:22am On Dec 05, 2017
fisayoprisca:
Thank you everyone at nairaland. Here is my visa transcript. My interview was last Wednesday although I was previously denied on August 7, 2017 and I shared my transcripts here on Nairaland.
My VO was a White Man and he had previously denied two people before me. I do not know the window number but the window was the one to the extreme end stthe right hand side.

VO- good morning Madame
Me- good morning
Me- I would be the US to pursue my master in Liberal Arts concentration in Gender and Diversity studies at East Tennessee State University.
VO- are you married?
Me-no, I am single.
Me- I have a BA French
VO- what year?
Me-February 2015
VO- so why this Etsu?
Me- etsu is an interdisciplinary and research based in institution that will equip me with the necessary skills and knowledge both practical and theoretical that would allow me to develop my creative capabilities and that will allow me to solve the problem of child marriage, girl child education and problem of inequality that besets women in a patriarchal society like Nigeria. (Then he cuts in)
Me- no, Wright has but I also chose ETSU because of it faculty program of 16 to 1 students- 16 students to 1 lecturer and also I was awarded an international Merit Scholarship which I would not like to lose because it will allow me to learn and also collaborate.
(Then he stopped looked at me and began typing, and later he raised his head up)
VO- who is your sponsor?
Me- my aunty
VO- what is her name?
Me- .... I said it
Me- yes.
VO- can I have it?
Me- then I began checking my file abd I found it then gave it to him. ( then he went through it for some minutes then typed. Then he raises he head up again looked at me and posed another question.
VO- what are the tools that ETSU will equip you with and how are you going to use it.
Me- then I began again, ETSU is a research and interdisciplinary based institution and apart from this it is a school that encourages diversity by admitting students from different part of the world, students from different continent, of which diversity is fundamental to my course. Learning from other cultures allows me to understand different cultures and Diversity management and also it also me to understand human interaction and culture which will be useful in training young girls in seeing themselves as change pushers in their society and not see themselves as instruments of subservient services.

Then finally he began typing and placed my passport at one side and he stretched one hand to the white paper and he said pick it up at isolo. That was I packed my stuffs oo.

Congratulations.. My friend was behind you, she told me how you were so confident and how you were using your whole body to demonstrate.....

I just told her, you must be a nairaland person...

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Dupsaw: 5:25am On Dec 05, 2017
lovelyonps:
I have the same issue too, and my interview is tomorrow, I plan on leaving it like that then explain if asked at the interview, I'll carry my bacheler's certificate with me, just in case tho.

Don't worry about that, if you are female that educational part does not show up...I am very sure about it.it is not a problem
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by lovelin1993(m): 5:27am On Dec 05, 2017
kallowdean:
you never apply ................ grin
U be late comer oooo!!!
yes, give me ur number let's hook up
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by paulavon: 5:31am On Dec 05, 2017
Pls does one need to carry passport photo to the interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sweeny(f): 5:46am On Dec 05, 2017
Daebuzy:

Please how can I apply for USA student visa?
Hello,
1. You do it by checking on google, us news.com on your intended course of study then reduce the list to about 3 schools also in locations you feel are the best fit for you.
2.If you are going for undergraduate, take the TOEFL and SAT, MBA; GMAT, Post Graduate; GRE and TOEFL.
Study each school requirements and make sure to adhere to it. You can also call them or send a mail if there are more questions. They will be so glad to help.
You can also ask for funding opportunities that is financial aid. They range from full ride to partial scholarship, Teaching Assistant, Research Assistant, Graduate Assistant. These comes with some stipend, which you have to work for of course.
There are Fall and Spring school sessions. Fall starts in August, Spring in January.
3.Evaluate your transcripts if it's needed using WES, ECE there are a lot. This is where studying the school requirements comes in.
4.Apply to the schools, pay application fee where applicable.
Expect an answer on your apllication;this should take weeks.
5.If accepted, get to Gtbank with 64k, pay your SEVIS fee of $210 if using Western Union, fill your DS 160 and submit. This is where you schedule for an appointment as an F1 student visa interview.
6. Go for a the interview. You will see likely questions in this thread. The questions usually emanate from your personal to the school you have chosen.
Find a way to navigate through it ok.
Ace your interview, book for a flight, arrive safely and get studying.
Nb: All these takes about a year planning or so ok.
There you have it. Wish you all the best.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:06am On Dec 05, 2017
Dupsaw:

Don't worry about that, if you are female that educational part does not show up...I am very sure about it.it is not a problem

Hummm is there a different rules for male and female now.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Dupsaw: 6:33am On Dec 05, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Well. I encountered the same thing when I was filling mine. I am female, the educational part doesnt pop up for us. I am sure. When I was filling mine, I came here to ask but no one replied me..so I went on to fill a dummy in form of male and the educational part came out. And filled another dummy for female and it did not show.

I then checked my other friends who are females and the same thing happened.

I checked Nairaland using the search button and I found out that, recently that part doesn't pop up for females.
Well it is something I am sure of. Female do not find the educational part on their ds160.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Dupsaw: 6:37am On Dec 05, 2017
This is how I found out after doing my dummy filling

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 6:55am On Dec 05, 2017
gokuu:

It’s ridiculous that people are even doing this “Sir” “Ma” thing in a forum like this. It’s just so fake!

You missed it big time. You took it too far. Hope you are good?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 6:58am On Dec 05, 2017
biikeys:

Your profile is okay..and since not much appears to have changed, you could just tell the VO you didn't have a chance to properly present your case, if asked. Frankly, your last interview transcript looks okay as well. Good luck!

Thanks a whole lot for the encouragement. I really do appreciate.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 6:59am On Dec 05, 2017
biikeys:

Please kindly check your PM. I want to ask you a few questions with regards my reapplication . Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by nirmy: 7:01am On Dec 05, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Please can i talk to you.
I need help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Olamsanj: 7:01am On Dec 05, 2017
fisayoprisca:

VO- good morning Madame
Me- good morning
VO- are you married?
Me-no, I am single.
Me- I have a BA French
VO- what year?
Me-February 2015
VO- so why this Etsu?
VO- who is your sponsor?
Me- my aunty
VO- what is her name?
Me- .... I said it
Me- yes.
VO- can I have it?

Congrats dear. This is a very good transcript. May God bless the new journey

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.