Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (426) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (695142 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 08, 2017
kenneth4000:
Hello house, deetus I really need ur help via mock interview

Drama!!! Didn't I talk with you today? Stop posting your phone number online. It's not good!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bartino: 8:51pm On Dec 08, 2017
Frankaka8:
pls sorry for digressing, i just want to know. Is there anywhere that need student to sign on the i-20 form? Asside the attestation part of students below 18yrs? Pls kindly help out
I don’t know the current I-20 format. But I remembered when I got to POE without signing my I-20, the officer was like sign here and I said alright I didn’t know he was like haha that’s fine that’s not a problem. So I don’t think that should be a problem but read the I-20 and sign what have to be signed if you ain’t sure don’t bother you can sign that anytime in as much as it’s your I-20 and it is not required to be submitted. If that makes sense.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by aithusa: 8:55pm On Dec 08, 2017
dannyfrank:
good day my people.I started filling my Ds160 and left it half way to schedule an appointment with the application ID..now I tried going back to my ds160 Its saying my 1st five letters of my surname and year of birth doesn't match with my ds160 I'd.
and I've already used this application I'd to schedule an appointment please how do I make this work out?please help me..what do I do?
Pls when updating or filling a new one, note that you must wait at least 72 hrs before u come 4 d interview & the barcode must be the same 4 both the ds160 & appointment . I learnt that in a bad way today 'cos I was sent back

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bbaby84(f): 8:59pm On Dec 08, 2017
folmus:

Just go to unilag website and fill out the forms and make payment. You don't need any middle man. goodluck!

Thank you. I have applied... heard they are on strike. Keeping my fingers and legs crossed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by aithusa: 8:59pm On Dec 08, 2017
femi312:
How on earth can you book appointment without completing the most important part of your application? Sigh..This is not a case of your village people, its your own handiwork. Anyways, you might have to wait till after 72hours like they said and try to request for emergency Appointment if you cant find any earlier date.
Thanks but pls does it mean I will be paying another 64k for d emergency appointment?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by paulavon: 9:08pm On Dec 08, 2017
Sorry for the denial, it seems 6th December was a tough day at the embassy, i was denied same day. A lot of people left the embassy feeling sad.
2theoptimist:
i was denied yesterday. i have been following this platform since September 2017. but this is my first time of writing.
After i was denied i wanted to faint. i dd not get myself at all. 64k just gone like that, and I was so close. The guy in my front was given. Although yesterday was my first time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by dannyboss(m): 9:31pm On Dec 08, 2017
Yeah 6th of December was really a tough day. I witnessed many denial including mine.
I'm new here and I've got a question please. I tried to reschedule an appointment and the next available date is on the 8th day of January. Meanwhile, school resumes 2nd day of January. Does it matter? If yes, what can I do please?

paulavon:
Sorry for the denial, it seems 6th December was a tough day at the embassy, i was denied same day. A lot of people left the embassy feeling sad.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ponpon(m): 9:35pm On Dec 08, 2017
paulbets:

Are you serious!!!!
Wow!!!
Ahhhhh!! Aye mi o.
All these while I never knew, used to think you are someone far from my knowing.

Social baba!!
Twale!!

But omo your jand no waste time at all o.

Ejanla for Social!
Ejanla for Welfare!

Hailings from this side

Waste time for kini? After ASUU, Jamb, unilag result delay, nysc effects on a brother. I even port during service sef
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 9:53pm On Dec 08, 2017
femi312:
I am not a VO but this will definitely affect it under STP if you ask me. Getting a letter from your school might help you out. Even if you get the visa without a letter, it will take a miracle to pass POE without a letter from your school.Thats why it always good to do proper planning

“Proper planning” is apparently a phrase many here have never heard before. I’m amused at the number of people panicking over interview dates and how close it is to their resumption date. Obviously these folks have been under a rock since October.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by femi312: 9:55pm On Dec 08, 2017
TWoods:

“Proper planning” is apparently a phrase many here have never heard before. I’m amused at the number of people panicking over interview dates and how close it is to their resumption date. Obviously these folks have been under a rock since October.
its quite sad

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by femi312: 9:55pm On Dec 08, 2017
aithusa:

Thanks but pls does it mean I will be paying another 64k for d emergency appointment?
I dont think so
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by BenNash: 9:56pm On Dec 08, 2017
Hi, I just tried to book an appointment for a u.s visa interview and the earliest date I could see was January 22 which is far off from my resumption date which is January 8. Please what's the solution to this??
Can I book an expedited interview OR can I get 3 weeks extension letter from my school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 9:59pm On Dec 08, 2017
BenNash:
Hi, I just tried to book an appointment for a u.s visa interview and the earliest date I could see was January 22 which is far off from my resumption date which is January 8. Please what's the solution to this??
Can I book an expedited interview OR can I get 3 weeks extension letter from my school?

Why are you just trying to book now?

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by josiahese(m): 10:02pm On Dec 08, 2017
TWoods:

What the heck is wrong with your head man?
Do you know their financial situation? Do you know their locations? Or current situation..
Just dey run your mouth like BlackFace

Until you approach people with meekness.. Me and you go die for this group.. If na you be Embassy when dey issue dates ooh you go tell me..

I believe this guys have been rejected before.. That's why there is a delay... So understand from their view... They want answers to their questions.. Not salt to their injury.
Don't go be a snitch in America bro... That's how they talk to people who try do what they done... Be ye humble

12 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ProfOjah1234: 10:07pm On Dec 08, 2017
paulbets:

Lolz, omo I was surprised o. cheesy cheesy
We don catch am for here. grin make him kuku throway some dollars come ma side.. cheesy

Brotherly The application is still in the pipeline o
Send me WhatsApp chat, I don't have your US number
Profojah78 at geemail dot cum.. Send me an email..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Olubuzzy: 10:29pm On Dec 08, 2017
Good evening house,
Pls I need advise on how to go about taking My family to the US. On F2.
Is it better we go together for the interview? or better still we go for separate interviews.?

Am confused.?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by paulbets: 10:42pm On Dec 08, 2017
ponpon:

Waste time for kini? After ASUU, Jamb, unilag result delay, nysc effects on a brother. I even port during service sef
Lolzzz
I dey feel you bro cheesy
Success all the way!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Olubuzzy: 10:45pm On Dec 08, 2017
Olubuzzy:
Good evening house,
Is it better we go together for the interview? or better still we go for separate interviews.?

Am confused.?

Pls help a friend ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by 4peace4: 11:17pm On Dec 08, 2017
ABIM2016:
VISA APROVED this morning @ US EMBASSY LAGOS around 9: 45 am

A silent follower on this thread that wants to give back after learning and gained a lot from this thread.

Prepare very well all the V.O wants to assess is your genuineness as an F-1 student

Interviewed at Window 1 by a White man after sharing Blue Papers for those i was behind on the queue

Me : Good Morning
V.O: Good Morning,How are you?
Me: Am fine and You.
V.O: Am good ,Thank you very much
Me. Pass me your Passport and I-20(Passes it to him )
V.O: What will this Doctorate degree do for you?
Me: This degree will give me the skills, knowledge and every other thing needed to develop myself in Mechanical Engineering and also gives me the opportunity to get the skills to establish an energy research laboratory in Nigeria to solve the energy issue we are currently facing in Nigeria, this issue had lingered on from when I was small and is yet to be solved whereas this is a past scenario in U.S.A,and am looking at transferring the Technology to Nigeria by learning how the US passed through this hurdle because am quite sure US was once having energy challenges
V.O: Why WVU?
ME: WVU is a Tier 1 public research institution in the U.S. The mechanical engineering department in the Mechanical and Aerospace Faculty of the Benjamin Startler college of Engineering and Mineral Resources has a concentration in Energy Technologies which aligns with my research goals and Interest and gives me the opportunity and skills to come and establish an energy research laboratory in Nigeria where research in Bleep Energy generation will be carried out (As I was rushing and giving him as he dey hot…O gbona feli feli……… As inNo stopping, Matching the pedal really hard like say I have finally picked up and gained Utmost Momentum to Crush any V.O just Kidding ooooo grin grin)
V.O: (Cuts in ) Just relax, relax ,relax
Me: ( smileyMe for my mind :No time una must hear this…… Continued my explosive jargons) Also among the University I got admitted to it offers me an affordable Tuition
V.O: Do you have a Masters?
Me: No
V.O: Your Highest Qualification is Bachelors?
Me: Yes, Have a Bachelor from Federal University of Technology,…… ,in Bleep Engineering , Year 20..
V.O: Who is your Sponsor?
Me: My Father
V.O: What is he Into
Me: Real Estate
V.O: Do you have his bank Statement?
Me: Yes ( Handed it over to him)
V.O: Did you take any Standardised Test?
Me: Yes, GRE had a total score of 309 157 Quantitative,152 Verbal and I also took TOEFL combined Score 101 ,Listening: 26, reading: 26, writing: 26 , Speaking : 23
V.O: Have you travelled out of Nigeria Before?
Me: Yes. Went on a School trip to Niger republic in 2016 during my service Year.
V.O: What do you do?
Me: I work in an Bleep Company told him my position and roles.
V.O: Hope the School is going to offer you research grant ( Seems He wanted to say research position)
Me: Yes., they promised to award me research grant when I get to the school after registration as the department’s policy don’t award graduate positions prior to registration
V.O: Do you have any Professor you will be working with?
Me: Yes ,Professor Derek Johnson of the Mechanical and Aerospace Department
V.O: ( Went to the school’s website and to the Mechanical and Aerospace department's faculty members website seems he could not locate the professor among the professors whose name starts with D so he asked what his second name so I told him Johnson so he found the name among professors with Letter J as his name was written Johnson Derek and not the other way round) Have you contacted him?
Me: Yes I have contacted him(Cuts me)
V.O : Via Email or Skype?
Me: Only mail, seems he is currently busy will meet him when I get to campus
V.O: Do you have a Research Thesis?
Me: Yes,Generation of Bleep Energy
V.O: (Seems my Fingerprint was not well captured) Did you do the fingerprinting capturing?
Me: Yes (Recaptured my fingerprint himself again)
V.O: What do you think might hinder this bleep energy generation in Nigeria?
Me: I feel government policies might deter it and also am not sure if the technology Transfer will fit perfectly into the Nigerian system as every country has their own specification ,This is why I will need to come and establish an Energy research laboratory in Nigeria which will be specifically designed to proffer solution to a typical Nigerian Situation (cuts me)
V.O: I will be approving your VISA (Brings out white paper ) You will be needing this at the Port of Entry, Pick up your Visa at Victoria Island branch.
Me: (Thank you Jesus cool for my mind. its been God always)

Recommendation not an Expert oooo just a Guideline:
1. God first ,commit all to God’s hand(Prayer and Fasting) if it is his will it will be approved. If not just know God has a better plan for you at the moment
2. Do your research very well as it builds your confidence and you will be able to convince the V.O easily.
3. Have confidence , Be honest and conversational in your response and answer question with reasons.
N:B : The V.O assess your F-1 eligibility based on the following primary factors which I was privileged to hear directly from a V.O at a USA student Visa Orientation she was even @ window 3 today:
1. Acceptance at a School
2. Possession of sufficient funds
3. Preparation for course of study ; credible and qualified students
4. Present Intent to leave the U.S at the end of studies.

FYI: Am not saying this is the ultimate , I advise your expand your horizon

Thank you very Much all God bless. we will surely meet at the Top,Love you all. Morgantown grin awon boys tin bo ooooo shocked. Awon ti Evansdale ni WVU where una dey grin let us hook up abeg cheesy. [color=#000099][/color]
pls bro hope this question isn't silly what was the total amount present in ur SOA?

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by 4peace4: 11:41pm On Dec 08, 2017
josiahese:

Do you know their financial situation? Do you know their locations? Or current situation..

Until you approach people with meekness.. Me and you go die for this group.. If na you be Embassy when dey issue dates ooh you go tell me..

I believe this guys have been rejected before.. That's why there is a delay... So understand from their view... They want answers to their questions.. Not salt to their injury.
Don't go be a snitch in America bro... That's how they talk to people who try do what they done... Be ye humble
hahahahahahaha
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by EZEIGBO2OFIMO(m): 11:45pm On Dec 08, 2017
josiahese:

This honestly makes little sense; in the real world where deadlines have life and death hanging in the balance, time is of the essence. The F-1 visa isn't a B1/B2 take-it-slow vacation jamboree, its the first step to rewriting a new chapter of ones life, and if you can't freaking plan this, then you have no excuse, none at all.
PS: You most certainly don't have to reply this.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Olubuzzy: 11:54pm On Dec 08, 2017
Olubuzzy:
Good evening house,

Am confused.?

Still expecting an answer people?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LGDON: 12:02am On Dec 09, 2017
Good day everyone

There is something am concern about

I applied for student visa in US embassy 2011 and was denied due to falsification of bank statement.. I was naive and ignorant then, my travel agent was responsible for everything.. of cause i was banned

I am presently living in Sweden as a student and i want to visit my brother in Canada from here..

My concern is, since i had issues with US embassy.. will it give me problem in Canadian embassy here in Stockholm when applying for their visiting visa?

@justwise
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by kenneth4000: 12:07am On Dec 09, 2017
Hello deetus, I need ur help via mock interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by kenneth4000: 12:20am On Dec 09, 2017
DeeTus:

Drama!!! Didn't I talk with you today? Stop posting your phone number online. It's not good!
not me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by adewalay: 12:29am On Dec 09, 2017
aithusa:

Pls when updating or filling a new one, note that you must wait at least 72 hrs before u come 4 d interview & the barcode must be the same 4 both the ds160 & appointment . I learnt that in a bad way today 'cos I was sent back

Really? so sorry sir
Hope it's resolved now coz I updated mine also with a new barcode & my interview date is more than 72hrs
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 12:44am On Dec 09, 2017
Olubuzzy:

Still expecting an answer people?

I’m not sure what “help” you’re expecting. Apply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by scaezar: 12:48am On Dec 09, 2017
EZEIGBO2OFIMO:

This honestly makes little sense; in the real world where deadlines have life and death hanging in the balance, time is of the essence. The F-1 visa isn't a B1/B2 take-it-slow vacation jamboree, its the first step to rewriting a new chapter of ones life, and if you can't freaking plan this, then you have no excuse, none at all.
PS: You most certainly don't have to reply this.

I think this is Twoods' second account grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ability247(m): 1:47am On Dec 09, 2017
scaezar:

I think this is Twoods' second account grin grin grin

I think you are being delusional.

Now you will think this is his 3rd account grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 2:54am On Dec 09, 2017
josiahese:

My brother,i swear Twood is saying the bitter truth,i am learning alot o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 5:01am On Dec 09, 2017
kenneth4000:
not me
shocked. Who talked with me then?

Don't worry, I will add and WhatsApp you later.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ayat1209(m): 5:03am On Dec 09, 2017
[bro how can you help me with my SEVIS fee]I can help PM me[bro how can you help me with my SEVIS fee]

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.