Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (695248 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Folsy(f): 2:50pm On Jul 08, 2017
towbaynah:
Folsy, kindly check your email.

Already did..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gaviria: 2:51pm On Jul 08, 2017
segunojo866:
with God all things are possible
Calm down when I said waste of money I didn't mean waste of visa fee. I meant the school isn't worth the hustle and money as it's not accredited.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gaviria: 2:55pm On Jul 08, 2017
Kingbukaz:

Will it affect the outvome of the interview? Will the vo know that it's not accredited?
Well the VO would probably know but then it's not his/her job to choose your school for you, if you actually want to go there which isn't advisable all you need do is prepare very well for your interview. Convincing the VO is all the interview is about.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by beaunegre: 2:55pm On Jul 08, 2017
Please, I want to know if i can do MBA in any universities in the US with a first degree in French.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by folakemmmi(f): 2:57pm On Jul 08, 2017
towbaynah:
For those who want to follow Royal Air Maroc.

Oh my.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Simbrave: 2:58pm On Jul 08, 2017
aadeyi:

I don't think you should be having issue once you can convince the VO why you are sponsoring yourself and how you have been able to get the funds. but it would be nice if you can also present a joint sponsor as well..

I do Bitcoin business, is it advisable to disclose this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by folakemmmi(f): 2:59pm On Jul 08, 2017
paulsir:

pls someone should come to my aid
You need to fill everything on the DS form, when you are done..IMean when you have double checked that there is no error, then you can submit it and use the code to book for VISA interview

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by michael1385: 3:17pm On Jul 08, 2017
beaunegre:
Please, I want to know if i can do MBA in any universities in the US with a first degree in French.
I need someone to help this moniker answer his question.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by femi312: 3:17pm On Jul 08, 2017
tunddy:
hi fellows,i want to study for a masters degree in US,i have a BSC degree already thou i can not afford the full school fees for a masters....how can i go about the application?
There is this saying that says ''If we don't fight we have failed, but if we fight we can either fail or succeed''. So forget the tuition part for now and put in some work. First, you need to decide on the course you want to study, To save you some stress start from this website http://graddecision.org/ to know the application process, So step 1) Decide on the course you want to study 2) Search for schools using a)www.msinus.com (open this website with a laptop, you should see a list of school and ranking for some of the most common courses, you can start from there b)www.gradschools.com c)www.google.com (you can just type 'msc in bla bla in the us in google' d) www.usnews.com e) www.4icu.org . 3) check up the website of the schools you find, to see the requirements. most schools will require GRE and some will require both gre and toefl . 4) Register for standardize exam and take it. You can register for gre as soon as you are ready and prepared to take the exam. Its done online at www.ets.org. You can also get all the information you need about the exam on the website. You will get adequate materials to prepare for the exam in this dropbox I created https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t9ot6d07hp1lkm7/AADL_dTihjEvNBRCBsmAcoXja?dl=0

TOEFL is an English test required by some US universities. though, some schools waive due to the fact that Nigeria is an Anglophone country.
For toefl, all you need are the speaking noteful videos in the link below, the ets toefl guide is enough to ace the exam for other sections. Just download the toefl ETS Guide from there website and the simulation test.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/45tvc3ifi8wh8sh/AACXR5j6l3nsWK8vZx5P28TVa?dl=0

As for the Tuition, if you have good results (GRE, GPA, Toefl), SOP and LOR; US schools do offer assistanship to graduate students. This can either be Research Assistant, Teaching Assistant or Administrative Assistant. Depending on the school, if you get an assistantship, your Tuition will be waived and you will also be paid a monthly stipend that can take care of your living expenses. One advice, once you shortlist schools, send emails to the grad cord of the schools and ask specific questions relating to that course and funding opportunities, be very explicit.

Lastly, there are basically 2 admission session in the US, Spring (Jan) and Fall (August). Schools admit more students in Fall, so Its advisable you plan towards Fall 2018. If you plan to resume in fall 2018, make sure you submit all your application documents before ending of Dec 2017. If you don't give it a trial, you will never know.My philosophy in life is to always do my part, with that I don't get to regret later. Above all, if you believe in God,pray to him..if not, good for you.

If you have any question, drop it here and you should get more than one good answer.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by beaunegre: 3:17pm On Jul 08, 2017
beaunegre:
I'm really still waiting to hear from someone on this, anyone?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gaviria: 3:42pm On Jul 08, 2017
Simbrave:

I do Bitcoin business, is it advisable to disclose this?
Lol. Really? Just say your parents are sponsoring you and you're supporting too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gaviria: 3:43pm On Jul 08, 2017
beaunegre:
I'm really still waiting to hear from someone on this, anyone?
You should be able to. Just google it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Kingbukaz: 4:05pm On Jul 08, 2017
gaviria:

Well the VO would probably know but then it's not his/her job to choose your school for you, if you actually want to go there which isn't advisable all you need do is prepare very well for your interview. Convincing the VO is all the interview is about.

Alright bro. The same thing I told him(my friend). Just wanted to be sure, thanks alot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Shigoboy(m): 4:05pm On Jul 08, 2017
segunojo866:
your school will prepare it for you. No special documents attached
Alright, thanks so much, will consult you when I have any other thing to know
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Simbrave: 4:07pm On Jul 08, 2017
gaviria:

Lol. Really? Just say your parents are sponsoring you and you're supporting too.

Yes, which account statement will I present? Mine or my parent?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Victorgold(m): 4:22pm On Jul 08, 2017
mathewakin123:
@Oludare01 pls what the cost of a sevis fees now?

Can some help with the amount please
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by texrem(m): 4:29pm On Jul 08, 2017
justwise:

How do you know that?

Please Justwise delete that boy's comment immediately. Please!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gaviria: 4:35pm On Jul 08, 2017
Simbrave:

Yes, which account statement will I present? Mine or my parent?
Both if possible but they rarely ask for statements these days. Some people don't even go with statements, but I'm not saying you shouldn't o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by texrem(m): 4:36pm On Jul 08, 2017
gaviria:

All airlines have good and bad reviews. The same Delta he was talking about forcibly kicked passengers off their planes some months ago. Everyone/airline has their good and bad traits. So don't post that of Air Maroc if you won't post the bad reviews of other airlines. Because some people actually have good experiences with the same Air Maroc.

Customer review of Delta.

I had a flight from Fort Lauderdale to Atlanta and connecting flight from Atlanta to Virginia. "Due to weather" we were in the air for an hour on which I got left behind from my connecting flight. I got to the gate at 10.30 and the flight was departing at 10.40 and the plane left early. I was left behind in an airport and city I don't know. I proceeded to the gate where Delta employees were "helping" customers, but in reality they weren't. One employee started yelling at a customer for not standing in a single file line. After waiting for almost an hour to see if I could catch another flight to my final destination, I finally got to the counter and the delta employee was rude, not helpful and wasn't listening to my needs. All he offered was a flight the next day at 12.07 pm and told me if I didn't like it I could get on the phone and find an alternative. So I got on the phone with a Delta representative, explained my situation and she wasn't helpful either. I asked to be put on a flight with the partner airline that was leaving that same night and her response was no. After being on the phone for 45 mins all I got was a flight from atl to Norfolk at 7am. I got to Norfolk at 9.05 so had missed my interview and was also one hour and 30 mins from from my destination. I am not pleased at all with the way Delta managed the situation. On top of all that my connecting flight from Atlanta to Fort Lauderdale got delayed by 2 hours and no information was given on why it was delayed. Needless to say I will not recommend or flight with Delta again!

P.S: I don't work for Air Maroc.

Please, nobody should come down here and castigate airlines for people. I took this same airline without any issues. Please, stop discouraging people about airlines. Royal air maroc is good and cheap. I was fortunate to book for the 16hrs trip with just 4hrs layover there at casblanca. I enjoyed my layover. If you are having a layover of 17hrs. My friend recently told me about the new development. You will be lodge in a motel. People should please stop saying trash about airlines here. If its that easy why dont you have your own airline. Thank you gav for your input.

13 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by texrem(m): 4:43pm On Jul 08, 2017
segunojo866:
Advice for f1 visa applicants. Some of you may have been denied visa 5times but please don't give up. Just apply to study in United Kingdom, Australia,canada,new Zealand or Europe maybe after graduation apply for masters or PhD in the United States. Life is mysterious and there are other opportunities just be prayerful and God will help you. Thanks

I can tell you. You dont know anything when it comes to visa to the united states. I ve once been in your situation. If it doesnt work out for you doesnt mean you should discourage people here. Nothing works for a pessimist. You sent me messages that you are reaaplying again and i gave you the go ahead and advice. Here you are telling people to go to other country. Telling them to stop chasing their dreams. I knew of someone that got it the 8th time. What are you fussing about here? You re still young and you have a long way to go. Take chilled water and prepare for your next interview. Pray to God for success. If you need my help you have my digit. Goodluck

25 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Beautyaddy: 4:47pm On Jul 08, 2017
justwise:

How do you know that?

He's kinda right about more success rate of visa approvals at the Lagos Consulate. As for the Visa Officers at the Lagos Consulate not verifying documents...maybe not done immediately during the interview but they sure do before the Visa is finally issued.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by dannyfrank(m): 4:53pm On Jul 08, 2017
texrem:

bro plz i need your epp.i've tried this thing calld pm..(dnt get it) plz how do i contact you for a mock interview,i was delayed ystrday at the Abuja Consulate

I can tell you. You dont know anything when it comes to visa to the united states. I ve once been in your situation. If it doesnt work out for you doesnt mean you should discourage people here. Nothing works for a pessimist. You sent me messages that you are reaaplying again and i gave you the go ahead and advice. Here you are telling people to go to other country. Telling them to stop chasing their dreams. I knew of someone that got it the 8th time. What are you fussing about here? You re still young and you have a long way to go. Take chilled water and prepare for your next interview. Pray to God for success. If you need my help you have my digit. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Simbrave: 4:56pm On Jul 08, 2017
gaviria:

Both if possible but they rarely ask for statements these days. Some people don't even go with statements, but I'm not saying you shouldn't o.

Thanks bro... My testimony will come soon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by femi312: 4:59pm On Jul 08, 2017
texrem:

The bolded is unnecessary, whatever goes on in pms shouldn't be put out here and there is a certain level of trust he has for you, for him to have contacted you; you shouldn't use that against him. However, the guy needs to calm down.

26 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by samieola: 5:13pm On Jul 08, 2017
Please bros in d ouse I nid vital info on admission into california state uni east bay(CSUEASTBAY). Going in for MSc in Applied maths for fall 2017. Is d skool a gud skool for msc? ws given a conditional admission. And has anyone here got admitted to the skool for msc? pls I nid helpful info on dat. Thnx.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by texrem(m): 5:13pm On Jul 08, 2017
femi312:
The bolded is unnecessary, whatever goes on in pms shouldn't be put out here and there is a certain level of trust he has for you, for him to have contacted you; you shouldn't use that against him. However, the guy needs to calm down.

Don't quote me again. What is wrong about saying he is reapplying, which is the most important thing right now? I got his back because he's determined and i am giving him my full support. I don't want anyone to be misleaded. Period!

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by femi312: 5:24pm On Jul 08, 2017
texrem:

Don't quote me again. What is wrong about saying he is reapplying, which is the most important thing right now? I got his back because he's determined and i am giving him my full support. I don't want anyone to be misleaded. Period!
Are you alright? What warranted ''don't quote me''? Please shelve the arrogance,it wont do you any good.

19 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by onicemus1(m): 5:26pm On Jul 08, 2017
texrem:

Please, nobody should come down here and castigate airlines for people. I took this same airline without any issues. Please, stop discouraging people about airlines. Royal air maroc is good and cheap. I was fortunate to book for the 16hrs trip with just 4hrs layover there at casblanca. I enjoyed my layover. If you are having a layover of 17hrs. My friend recently told me about the new development. You will be lodge in a motel. People should please stop saying trash about airlines here. If its that easy why dont you have your own airline. Thank you gav for your input.
Baba thanks for this.. it's just like people talking ill about EGYPTAIR.. kontinu undecided
I've always said, if you're not comfy with an airline.. nobody will force u to booking it.. jeje. Book emirates.. ndi high class soo lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by onicemus1(m): 5:34pm On Jul 08, 2017
paulsir:

I filled ds-160last week and generated a code but got stucked because of somethings ibdont have yet. isvit possible for me to use the last code generated and how if it's possible. Also, on DS 160 form is it only to generate code alone or I still need to put in more info about me and my sponsor and if it's so how do ivreach that stage. I am more confused.
Yes.. kindly type in the code u generated on the DS160 website.. that should bring u back on track to where you stopped ur application.. yes you should complete every question on the DS160 .. don't leave nothing behind o.. your sponsors details and everything .. school info .. sorry for the late reply .. thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Folsy(f): 5:42pm On Jul 08, 2017
Hello y'll..

Any 1 on this platform; preferably an ETSU student, that can help me wt searching for accommodation in Johnson City TN? Pls send me a pm.

Much appreciated.

Tnx.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.