Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (694187 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 08, 2017
segunojo866:
with God all things are possible

Nigerians and religion... Smh
Person Don tell you say that school na scam, you still dey talk about "hope in God"
Read this thread well and you'll discover that the school is a red flag school
God no dey help people wey no dey help themselves

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 5:54pm On Jul 08, 2017
smithsydny:
I've been to that hotel oo. Is at nnpc tower area.. Nah menh dey lodge there oo not bois. grin

5k bawo

Lol. You are now talking because the guy mentioned 5k and you sent him to where is more than 5k
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by AKswift: 5:54pm On Jul 08, 2017
Hi FAM,

Is there anyone in Cleveland State University? A friend needs some useful tips.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 5:54pm On Jul 08, 2017
segunojo866:
lolz. Is US heaven. Europe is still a good destination

No but all of us still wan go there oo

gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by texrem(m): 5:55pm On Jul 08, 2017
Folsy:
Hello y'll..

Any 1 on this platform; preferably an ETSU student, that can help me wt searching for accommodation in Johnson City TN? Pls send me a pm.

Much appreciated.

Tnx.

Someone already asked you if you are coming down to ETSU. Did you reply? You can go to our facebook page for accomodation issues.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 08, 2017
Walspring:

Lol. You are now talking because the guy mentioned 5k and you sent him to where is more than 5k
lol baba is not me that is sending him to that area OOO.. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Omotokebae: 6:19pm On Jul 08, 2017
Hello ,pls I need cheap hotel close to obalende
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Folsy(f): 6:20pm On Jul 08, 2017
texrem:

Someone already asked you if you are coming down to ETSU. Did you reply? You can go to our facebook page for accomodation issues.

Oh really? Didn't get that.
Pls what's d title of the group on fbk?

Tnx.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:23pm On Jul 08, 2017
segunojo866:
lolz. Is US heaven. Europe is still a good destination

Yeap Europe i am loving it here grin

Europe not bad at all if you are working or given intra company transfer deal .....

But student route . It can be limiting breaking through after been a student ...also there is a misconception that everyone makes it in the USA..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by aadeyi: 6:30pm On Jul 08, 2017
Victorgold:

Can some help with the amount please
[color=#990000][/color]

SEVIS IS $200 + $10.50 FEE WHEN PAYING WITH WESTERN UNION
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Omotokebae: 6:58pm On Jul 08, 2017
Walspring:

No but all of us still wan go there oo

gringringrin
sir pls help me affordable hotel around obalende or close to us embassy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by teetea06: 7:50pm On Jul 08, 2017
Did you get a mail before picking it up,I was at the picking Centre on Thursday but was told to wait for a mail from them..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Oluiyke1984(m): 8:51pm On Jul 08, 2017
Lagosismyhome, I greet you. Abeg am scheduling my interview for F1 visa for next month and the school is starting 20somthing of August. Please I need your help oo, which questions should I focus on? Bro I need this asap.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by aadeyi: 9:01pm On Jul 08, 2017
Oluiyke1984:
Lagosismyhome, I greet you. Abeg am scheduling my interview for F1 visa for next month and the school is starting 20somthing of August. Please I need your help oo, which questions should I focus on? Bro I need this asap.

First of all @lagosismyhome na female

On your question, try and read through the previous part(S) and if u have any particular question, come back and ask

Also why schedule your interview till next month?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by aadeyi: 9:02pm On Jul 08, 2017
teetea06:
Did you get a mail before picking it up,I was at the picking Centre on Thursday but was told to wait for a mail from them..

Yes u need to wait for their mail before going for pickup
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ElDeeVee(m): 9:21pm On Jul 08, 2017
aadeyi:

Yes u need to wait for their mail before going for pickup

Not correct. I didn't get an email, haven't gotten an email, and I got my passport back already.

I only checked my portal and it showed "passport is ready".

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by texrem(m): 9:49pm On Jul 08, 2017
ElDeeVee:

Not correct. I didn't get an email, haven't gotten an email, and I got my passport back already.

I only checked my portal and it showed "passport is ready".

Both are correct.. Either you check through the email or portal.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by texrem(m): 9:51pm On Jul 08, 2017
[quote author=dannyfrank post=58255229][/quote]

Replied
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by texrem(m): 9:54pm On Jul 08, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Yeap Europe i am loving it here grin

Europe not bad at all if you are working or given intra company transfer deal .....

But student route . It can be limiting breaking through after been a student ...also there is a misconception that everyone makes it in the USA..

I'm telling you. USA is not bed of roses. But with God and hardwork, all things are possible. grin

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by towbaynah(m): 10:05pm On Jul 08, 2017
Good evening, my people.

I need a goodhearted (or whateverhearted) person to help with getting an accommodation in Johnson City, Tennessee. Kindly slide in my PM.

Thanks a bunch.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Victorjoel(m): 10:37pm On Jul 08, 2017
please house, As students are we allowed to book one way flight?
I need urgent response please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by omoluabiguy: 10:37pm On Jul 08, 2017
texrem:

I can tell you. You dont know anything when it comes to visa to the united states. I ve once been in your situation. If it doesnt work out for you doesnt mean you should discourage people here. Nothing works for a pessimist. You sent me messages that you are reaaplying again and i gave you the go ahead and advice. Here you are telling people to go to other country. Telling them to stop chasing their dreams. I knew of someone that got it the 8th time. What are you fussing about here? You re still young and you have a long way to go. Take chilled water and prepare for your next interview. Pray to God for success. If you need my help you have my digit. Goodluck
cheesy bro abeg no finish me with laugh for here ooo. The way you schooling this dude got me cracking up! Dude has always been hyper active. I never knew he was denied. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by GlassDoc: 10:52pm On Jul 08, 2017
Whether Lagos or Abuja, if you are prepared (mentally and spiritually) and you are able to convince the V. O , you would be fine. I wanted to have my interview in Lagos but my peeps discouraged me, telling me how Lagos NIV is plagued with rejections. Oh I remember embarking on a very risky journey on that bad road that leads to Abuja. Mhen, it was a terrible experience o. I couldn't believe I went back through the same route without having to fly back to Lagos. Just as some people think Abuja is tough, so do some people think Lagos is. So wherever your quest for visa takes you, keep calm and trust in God ...
Wishing all future interviewees success
& safe trip to all travellers for #fall2017

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by freudianslip(m): 10:57pm On Jul 08, 2017
omoluabiguy:

cheesy bro abeg no kiiii me with laugh for here ooo. The way you schooling this dude got me cracking up! Dude has always been hyper active. I never knew he was denied. You got zero chill bro! cheesy
jokes apart, if dem deny person, the best thing na for the person to sit down jejely in one corner of his room and work more on the areas that needs to be sharpen up. no be to come on here and start career counselling.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TooMuchSauce: 11:17pm On Jul 08, 2017
Please is any UT Arlington grad student on this thread? Or anyone who will be attending the school for fall '17 semester.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Senatorbee(m): 12:10am On Jul 09, 2017
Victorjoel:
please house, As students are we allowed to book one way flight?
I need urgent response please
please respond to my pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by mbolajide2010: 1:20am On Jul 09, 2017
femi312:
There is this saying that says ''If we don't fight we have failed, but if we fight we can either fail or succeed''. So forget the tuition part for now and put in some work. First, you need to decide on the course you want to study, To save you some stress start from this website http://graddecision.org/ to know the application process, So step 1) Decide on the course you want to study 2) Search for schools using a)www.msinus.com (open this website with a laptop, you should see a list of school and ranking for some of the most common courses, you can start from there b)www.gradschools.com c)www.google.com (you can just type 'msc in bla bla in the us in google' d) www.usnews.com e) www.4icu.org . 3) check up the website of the schools you find, to see the requirements. most schools will require GRE and some will require both gre and toefl . 4) Register for standardize exam and take it. You can register for gre as soon as you are ready and prepared to take the exam. Its done online at www.ets.org. You can also get all the information you need about the exam on the website. You will get adequate materials to prepare for the exam in this dropbox I created https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t9ot6d07hp1lkm7/AADL_dTihjEvNBRCBsmAcoXja?dl=0

TOEFL is an English test required by some US universities. though, some schools waive due to the fact that Nigeria is an Anglophone country.
For toefl, all you need are the speaking noteful videos in the link below, the ets toefl guide is enough to ace the exam for other sections. Just download the toefl ETS Guide from there website and the simulation test.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/45tvc3ifi8wh8sh/AACXR5j6l3nsWK8vZx5P28TVa?dl=0

As for the Tuition, if you have good results (GRE, GPA, Toefl), SOP and LOR; US schools do offer assistanship to graduate students. This can either be Research Assistant, Teaching Assistant or Administrative Assistant. Depending on the school, if you get an assistantship, your Tuition will be waived and you will also be paid a monthly stipend that can take care of your living expenses. One advice, once you shortlist schools, send emails to the grad cord of the schools and ask specific questions relating to that course and funding opportunities, be very explicit.

Lastly, there are basically 2 admission session in the US, Spring (Jan) and Fall (August). Schools admit more students in Fall, so Its advisable you plan towards Fall 2018. If you plan to resume in fall 2018, make sure you submit all your application documents before ending of Dec 2017. If you don't give it a trial, you will never know.My philosophy in life is to always do my part, with that I don't get to regret later. Above all, if you believe in God,pray to him..if not good for you.

If you have any question, drop it here and you should get more than one good answer.

Hmmm, the way some Nigerians are always willing to help others; you sometimes wonder if they're the same Nigerians you come across everyday.If we can all act this way in whatever we do Nigeria will be a great country for we all. And there might be no reason why we should leave our dear country for greener pastures.

You are wonderful bro!

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ogoji(m): 1:42am On Jul 09, 2017
Yes oooh, Any good news
TooMuchSauce:
Please is any UT Arlington grad student on this thread? Or anyone who will be attending the school for fall '17 semester.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by teepee4Him(m): 1:48am On Jul 09, 2017
femi312:
There is this saying that says ''If we don't fight we have failed, but if we fight we can either fail or succeed''. So forget the tuition part for now and put in some work. First, you need to decide on the course you want to study, To save you some stress start from this website http://graddecision.org/ to know the application process, So step 1) Decide on the course you want to study 2) Search for schools using a)www.msinus.com (open this website with a laptop, you should see a list of school and ranking for some of the most common courses, you can start from there b)www.gradschools.com c)www.google.com (you can just type 'msc in bla bla in the us in google' d) www.usnews.com e) www.4icu.org . 3) check up the website of the schools you find, to see the requirements. most schools will require GRE and some will require both gre and toefl . 4) Register for standardize exam and take it. You can register for gre as soon as you are ready and prepared to take the exam. Its done online at www.ets.org. You can also get all the information you need about the exam on the website. You will get adequate materials to prepare for the exam in this dropbox I created https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t9ot6d07hp1lkm7/AADL_dTihjEvNBRCBsmAcoXja?dl=0

TOEFL is an English test required by some US universities. though, some schools waive due to the fact that Nigeria is an Anglophone country.
For toefl, all you need are the speaking noteful videos in the link below, the ets toefl guide is enough to ace the exam for other sections. Just download the toefl ETS Guide from there website and the simulation test.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/45tvc3ifi8wh8sh/AACXR5j6l3nsWK8vZx5P28TVa?dl=0

As for the Tuition, if you have good results (GRE, GPA, Toefl), SOP and LOR; US schools do offer assistanship to graduate students. This can either be Research Assistant, Teaching Assistant or Administrative Assistant. Depending on the school, if you get an assistantship, your Tuition will be waived and you will also be paid a monthly stipend that can take care of your living expenses. One advice, once you shortlist schools, send emails to the grad cord of the schools and ask specific questions relating to that course and funding opportunities, be very explicit.

Lastly, there are basically 2 admission session in the US, Spring (Jan) and Fall (August). Schools admit more students in Fall, so Its advisable you plan towards Fall 2018. If you plan to resume in fall 2018, make sure you submit all your application documents before ending of Dec 2017. If you don't give it a trial, you will never know.My philosophy in life is to always do my part, with that I don't get to regret later. Above all, if you believe in God,pray to him..if not good for you.

If you have any question, drop it here and you should get more than one good answer.

@Bold: I love That. Just to add to his comment. I almost had heart attack when I saw my tuition for Spring 2017. I almost started making plans to fly back into naija. But now .............. the rest is history.

Be positive and start with all the steps listed above.

Much Blessings @Femi312 for this piece

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 3:27am On Jul 09, 2017
PLEASE GUYS I NEED YOUR HELP

I made a mistake on my DS160 and I already submit and booked for interview. Is there a way to edit it or cancel that one and fill another?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by MrRoYCe(m): 3:30am On Jul 09, 2017
TooMuchSauce:

I'm an undergrad student at UTA. Might be able to answer some of your questions.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.